Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Quixote Don

I am a legend! Pay me more!

In 4 years I have got Middlesborough promoted and won 3 consecutive Premierships. In the latest season I won the quintuple. I am the greatest legend Middlesborough have ever known, and lest we forget Wendy Richards was born in 'borough. My first team average about 110k a week, there is 300mill in the bank and I'm well under my wage budget, so why does Steve Gibson refuse to pay me more than 30k a week? Did i give his wife the eye or something? Every time the press ask me about out relationship 'fantastic!' i say as i drop to my knees and bow before the Gibson. For 4 years I have told the press I love this man, despite repeated refusals to increase my coaching staff. I have made him rich beyond his wildest dreams. And the thing that hurts most, the thing that killed me inside, was after my self-righteous sulky resignation, he hires Alan Pardew - Alan Pardew! - for 70k a week.

This has been happening in FM for years now. Not always Pardew of course.

Obviously, the wage makes no real difference to the game play, but it ruins the illusion. That I am a legend. A great great legend. And I clearly am. Just look at the stats. Cant be bothered to copy and paste them, but trust.

Show me the money, Miles Jacobson. Show me the money!

This is an issue that has been going on for years and it appears that the game does not take into account enough of the current situation when deciding on what wage to pay their manager- it has been reported in the  Bugs forum and has been acknowledged.