Sports Interactive Community
Pablo Sanchez

Man United win it all!!

just finished m,my fifth season with everton.

United won the league by 21 points. 34 wins. yep.. And won FA cup and champions league again for the third time in 5 seasons.

How do you stop them? 

12 minutes ago, Pablo Sanchez said:

just finished m,my fifth season with everton.

United won the league by 21 points. 34 wins. yep.. And won FA cup and champions league again for the third time in 5 seasons.

How do you stop them? 

Be better than them. It’s possible.

It seems to be generally accepted that the ME & AI tactics code favour Mourinho’s tactical strengths while I also believe that the weaknesses in is tactical & manergial preferences are less pronounced as they are weaknesses for all AI managers due to the underlying code that governs their decision making.

I'm in 2027/28 so far the winners are as follows

3 Man Utd, Man City

1 Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool

The only surviving original boss is Mourinho.

Edited by Swindon69

15 minutes ago, Swindon69 said:

On it's own this is a potential data issue/bug as Mourinho's real life career history clearly shows a tendency towards a lack of club commitment (loyally rating should be low) &/or losing his managerial influence (man management & motivation should be low) to the point that his position becomes untenable.

Oh great. Way to make me feel bad as a manager of the club.

Edited by kempo
Typo.

I'm in 2028/29 so far the winners are as follows :

4 Man Utd

3 Man City

2 Arsenal

1 Spurs and Liverpool

FA Cup

3 Man City

2 Man Utd,Liverpool

1 Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Bournemouth 

Carabao Cup

4 Man City

3 Chelsea

1 Arsenal, Liverpool, Stoke City and Tottenham 

On 12/24/2017 at 11:31, Swindon69 said:

You are saying that in your save he lasts 10 years at Man U?

Impossible. IRL Mourinho has never been at a club longer than 3 years. At year 3 or even 2 he normally loses ALL of the following:
- the dressing room
- the fans
- the board

And as a bonus he'll ruin a legend's career.

10 hours ago, tacticsdude said:

You are saying that in your save he lasts 10 years at Man U?

Impossible. IRL Mourinho has never been at a club longer than 3 years. At year 3 or even 2 he normally loses ALL of the following:
- the dressing room
- the fans
- the board

And as a bonus he'll ruin a legend's career.

Tbf we don't know how long he might have lasted at Porto or Inter, as he left them for bigger clubs. Also the clubs he's been sacked from are clubs where no one seems to last long.

But I do agree with you, he does too well in FM. It was exactly the same when he was at Chelsea, always seemed to stay forever.

1 hour ago, kozmik said:

Tbf we don't know how long he might have lasted at Porto or Inter, as he left them for bigger clubs. Also the clubs he's been sacked from are clubs where no one seems to last long.

But I do agree with you, he does too well in FM. It was exactly the same when he was at Chelsea, always seemed to stay forever.

He's still there in 28/29!

I tried to get him sacked once using the editor. I was playing FM11 so Mourinho was managing Madrid. I was puzzled that he still had a job several years later so I went to look at the players and a few key players hated him including I think CR7 and Marcelo. I wanted to see what would happen so I went in there and looked for a few more key players that already had a strong dislike and edited them so it would be hate (100 dislike). I waited and waited, Madrid didn't skip a beat in terms of results and Mourinho persevered.

BTW, I also tried destroying Man U once. They hired me and I had 3 or so great seasons with lots of silverware including CL, but the board still treated me like a disposable rookie constantly talking down to me, denying my requests and keeping me on a low salary. An offer came in from another club and I decided as a side project to see what would happen in FM if I tried ruining the club financially. So I sold all the good players for nothing, updated all the contracts for the bottom half of the team paying them like world stars with long contracts, and then went out to buy a few retiring or mediocre players using up the entire transfer budget + going way over budget with huge bonuses, salaries and long term contracts.

They went into financial despair over the next year and had a bad season, falling off continental qualification. But by the following year a huge injection of money came in and, even though they were stuck paying humongous salaries to like 15 unhappy people that would never play first team and couldn't be sold, they magically had the money to buy top players again and create a new first team, and went right back to the top 3 spots of the EPL. And all of this was FM11, before we found out that IRL all that it took was for Fergie to retire to send Man U spinning off the CL zone for years.

Some things cannot be stopped in FM. I think the game gives them too much credit and won't let them falter.

@tacticsdude I'm fairly sure there was a thread around here with a 1000 year save where United had ended up at least outside the football league, not sure if they were down in the regional leagues or just conference. The only top team to fall completely off the map.

I mean this is just your save. In my save Liverpool and Arsenal are much more successful than Jose's Man Utd - and he left to join PSG after three seasons.

On 29/12/2017 at 18:10, kozmik said:

@tacticsdude I'm fairly sure there was a thread around here with a 1000 year save where United had ended up at least outside the football league, not sure if they were down in the regional leagues or just conference. The only top team to fall completely off the map.

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/3fioa1/the_millenial_sim_is_here_1000_years_of_simming/

I remember someone did something similar to this in FM13 and Bayern had won every single bundesliga title since the start of the save.

Edited by orlyzao

I'm managing Wolves in the Championship, season 1. Noticed something odd about the Premiership. Christmas Day and United are mired mid-table, and Mourinho has gone (replaced by Luis Enrique). So United dominance is not universally a thing.

2018-01-11 (1).png

2018-01-11.png

I'm in April 2026, Man U have won the league 6 of 8 years, Champions League only 3, 2 FA Cup, 2 League Cup and 3 each of the Super Cup and Club Worlds.

This season they are on course to win all of them again, and Mourinho is the only original manager still in charge.

I think Man utd successfull and Mourinho in particular got fully connection to the ME who fully 'appreciate' crosses and hardcore flanks plays as Mourinho like. Other styles of play just don't work good this in FM18.

One or two Powerful strikers, attacking full backs and tadaa, success. 

Edited by Naor5563

In every FM i ever played United were consistently mid table, it got to a stage where it was unrealistic to the extreme because  IRL they were still challenging and winning every year. I always thought it was bias on FM behalf because every year they were so bad, but it looks like Im in the minority.

Half a season into fm 18 and they sit second 4 points off my Liverpool team: they bought in some massive players (nainngolan chiesa ozil) so Im hoping its not going to be the same thing