Confused about the new scouting system

I have a few questions and I'd really appreciate if someone could answer them for me.

• Scouting Packages - why can I keep changing them multiple times a season? How does it make sense that I can select the expensive one, shortlist any players I want and then change to the cheaper one, before even being charged for it (my scouting budget doesn't change at all when I select a package)?
  • Assignments - in previous FMs I would send my scouts on ongoing missions all around the world, but apparently that costs a lot of money now - I can't actually see the price of it anywhere though. I'm managing a club with low finances and I'm worried that if I do that, I'll end up being bankrupt without even noticing. I'd be way less worried if all scouting costs went directly from the scouting budget, but apparently it goes from your club balance, unless you're scouting players outside your scouting reach - makes zero sense to me.
  • Scout attributes - what I used to care about in previous FMs, was that my scouts had good scouting knowledge. I didn't care about their JPA/JPP, because I had one or two ~20/20 scouts that I used for scouting players, the rest was just to build up my scouting knowledge. Apparently these attributes matter more now, apparently scouts with better JPA/JPP send more reports than the poor ones, is that true?

Thanks!

3 saat önce, MeMyself2k13 said:

I have a few questions and I'd really appreciate if someone could answer them for me.

• Scouting Packages - why can I keep changing them multiple times a season? How does it make sense that I can select the expensive one, shortlist any players I want and then change to the cheaper one, before even being charged for it (my scouting budget doesn't change at all when I select a package)?
  • Assignments - in previous FMs I would send my scouts on ongoing missions all around the world, but apparently that costs a lot of money now - I can't actually see the price of it anywhere though. I'm managing a club with low finances and I'm worried that if I do that, I'll end up being bankrupt without even noticing. I'd be way less worried if all scouting costs went directly from the scouting budget, but apparently it goes from your club balance, unless you're scouting players outside your scouting reach - makes zero sense to me.
  • Scout attributes - what I used to care about in previous FMs, was that my scouts had good scouting knowledge. I didn't care about their JPA/JPP, because I had one or two ~20/20 scouts that I used for scouting players, the rest was just to build up my scouting knowledge. Apparently these attributes matter more now, apparently scouts with better JPA/JPP send more reports than the poor ones, is that true?

Thanks!

I found something worse. İf you take a player into transfer aim( by football director) he is suddenly being 100/100 knowledged ( no need to scout !!! ) ı raised this damn bug into the bugs forum but everyone at holiday and also surprised how noone did not realise this issue 

3 hours ago, MeMyself2k13 said:

Scouting Packages -

Your right with this makes no sense. I understand that changing them saves us money. But being able to shortlist them is an exploit. Be careful though, you may still be charged. Sometimes i have been, sometimes i haven't. This may be different now. The charges were inconsistant for me during the BETA and before the first update. 

Assignments -

The costs are my biggest issue with FM this year. I get that scouting costs money, and i accept that. But we are only told how much it will cost if it is outside our scouting range. Not knowing how much any assignment costs within our network really winds me up. I like to stay on top finances and this makes it difficult. FM goes on and on ablut realism. I think real clubs would know how much an assignment will cost before they agree to it.

Also people who play with masking disabled are at an advantage. They scout a player once to get a full report. Masking enabled may have to scout 3 or 4 times, so  it will cost more

Scout attributes -

The better the scouts attributes the more assignments they can handle. If you play with masking disabled a scouts nation knowledge does not matter a single bit if you have both the top packages.

For Scouting Packages you should get charged monthly and you'll be charged for the highest pack you had that month - so if you selected the World package for one day and had no packages for the rest of the month then you would be charged the monthly cost of the World Package, if you had the World package for one week and the league package for the rest of the time then you'd still only be charged the cost of the World package. So if you want to save money you need to leave the package off for the entire month but you shouldn't be able to exploit it, shortlisting shouldn't be a major exploit (unless you are playing with attribute masking off - but then nothing is stopping you from manually finding the players) as the packages affect the base knowledge of the players so when you remove the package you'll have less knowledge of the player and will have to spend longer scouting him to get 100% knowledge (which likely costs more than the package would have).

On 12/23/2017 at 15:58, michaeltmurrayuk said:

For Scouting Packages you should get charged monthly and you'll be charged for the highest pack you had that month - so if you selected the World package for one day and had no packages for the rest of the month then you would be charged the monthly cost of the World Package, if you had the World package for one week and the league package for the rest of the time then you'd still only be charged the cost of the World package.

Thanks, that makes sense.

One more question, why would anyone want to be paying for a package throughout the whole year, when you can just use it before transfer windows and only pay for a few months? In previous FMs I used to sign scouts with vast scouting knowledge, set up ongoing nation/region assignments and then forget about it, while my base of players to search through kept growing, but now I feel like I don't know anything about scouting anymore.

Also, I wish all scouting expenses went from the scouting budget, so that I wouldn't have to worry about going bankrupt. I've no idea how much ongoing assignments actually cost me or how many players I can afford to scout to 100%, before my finances take a hit.

Archived