[FM18] [SKIN] Champions League skin

a31632

love the skin but i do have one question. its not a glitch or anything however.  i like the hiding the sidebar but the fact i cant tell if i have any mail without opening it annoys me. is there a way to somehow put some sort of mail counter or even mail link in toolbar at top or would that be too complicated for me to do. either way its a great skin, love it

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing you are looking for something like this?

(I had to move it further to the left than I wanted, but in order for the mail icon not to interfere with the backroom advice pop up this was the best option)

It is NOT a clickable button, it will only show you there are messages in the mailbox.

If you like this copy the below into "client object browser.xml" from line 153 till line 174 (overwrite the lines already there from line 153 till line 162):

<!-- actions and sections bar -->
                <container class="sections_menu_strip" id="acse" />

<container width="450">
                  <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="45,145" gap="0" offset="0"/>
                  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<container/>

<!-- news icon-->
                <widget class="picture" file="icons/26px/inbox" image_alignment="centre" red_replacement="secondary">
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="-20" />
                </widget>

<!-- the bit with the number of unread news (text) -->
                <widget class="button" id="ibic" height="20" width="20" size="7" alignment="centre_x, centre_y" appearance="buttons/custom/interface/notification/button" colour="black">
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="-8"/>
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="52"/>
                <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="mgru" set_property="text"/>
                <attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="mgru" mode="0" value="0" set_property="hidn"/>
                </widget>
                </container>

Example of result:

Screenshot (25).png

6 hours ago, a31632 said:

I'm guessing you are looking for something like this?

(I had to move it further to the left than I wanted, but in order for the mail icon not to interfere with the backroom advice pop up this was the best option)

It is NOT a clickable button, it will only show you there are messages in the mailbox.

If you like this copy the below into "client object browser.xml" from line 153 till line 174 (overwrite the lines already there from line 153 till line 162):

<!-- actions and sections bar -->
                <container class="sections_menu_strip" id="acse" />

<container width="450">
                  <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="45,145" gap="0" offset="0"/>
                  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<container/>

<!-- news icon-->
                <widget class="picture" file="icons/26px/inbox" image_alignment="centre" red_replacement="secondary">
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="-20" />
                </widget>

<!-- the bit with the number of unread news (text) -->
                <widget class="button" id="ibic" height="20" width="20" size="7" alignment="centre_x, centre_y" appearance="buttons/custom/interface/notification/button" colour="black">
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="-8"/>
                <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="52"/>
                <attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="mgru" set_property="text"/>
                <attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="mgru" mode="0" value="0" set_property="hidn"/>
                </widget>
                </container>

Example of result:

Screenshot (25).png

Perfect!  Thank you very much. 

1 hour ago, willz71172 said:

can you ad boxes around the attributes :)

LOL, every year there are people who are asking how to either remove or ad attribute boxes.

Please have a look here, Michael replied to the question on how to remove them in this thread, obviously you would have to do the reverse.

18 hours ago, a31632 said:

LOL, every year there are people who are asking how to either remove or ad attribute boxes.

Please have a look here, Michael replied to the question on how to remove them in this thread, obviously you would have to do the reverse.

i dont want too remove the boxes around the attributes i want them added

18 hours ago, a31632 said:

I made an adjustment to the "match preview panel" and I highly recommend replacing this panel in the skin (it goes into the "panels\match" folder).

When playing official matches everything looked good but when playing a friendly match the panel only showed 2 out of the 3 vertical containers (see below screenshots for the "before"and "after" images) which resulted in "stretched" containers. I adjusted this so now it will show properly in friendly matches too (even though for example the "league table" will not show as it is not a league game).

This is an issue I noticed in almost all skins, as I am a bit of a perfectionist I decided to change this. ;-)

Screenshot (12).png

Screenshot (11).png

match preview panel.xml

Hi,

i think i found a little bug. I´m playing the Friendly-Cup-Final against Liverpool and after 90 minutes it is a draw. Now is the penalty shooting. As you can see at the timeline right to the score, liverpool scored one and i scored one, but nothing is showing at the scoreboard. Now it is 5-5 or 4-4 and 1-1 in the penalty shooting.

1r7shq.png

7 hours ago, vonreichsm said:

And after the match the score looks like this:

2b3sc8.png

But this could be of my resolution.

The score showed after 120 minutes of play as that technically was the end result. In your example 4-4.

if your team won the shootout with 5-4 the end result of the match is not 9-8 though. The result is 4-4 and you won the penalty shootout with 5-4 and that shootout result only shows in the timeline.

So I don’t think the endscore showing 4-4 is a bug, as that was the result after the game with extra time added.

I haven’t heard any feedback from anyone using 1920x1080 resolution with a distorted score showing so I’m guessing this is related to you playing in a higher resolution and I haven’t seen this happening myself when I had a penalty shootout a week ago so I can’t replicate the issue, sorry.

Hope this clarifies things.

Looking for some feedback on an alternative "match preview panel" I have been working on this day, see below (comparison with the one I previously posted):

I could also move the “away playing team” pitch closer to the kits and move the referee panel and league standings to the right as alternative.

On 2/10/2018 at 07:33, dwood79 said:

personally I like the old one more. I just moved the "Kit/Formation-Panel" to the mid and that's perfect for me :-)

As always, there are as many preferences as people LOL

Thanks for the feedback all so far, I'm not going to keep posting alternatives as I realize I could create 10 variations to this panel.

Yeah, but that's why it's great that it's possible to "tweak" others skins to your own liking :) Add a panel here, switch a graphic there... and everyone has his "perfect" skin... You can't do a skin everyone loves :-) But I really like your work!

15 minutes ago, dwood79 said:

Yeah, but that's why it's great that it's possible to "tweak" others skins to your own liking :) Add a panel here, switch a graphic there... and everyone has his "perfect" skin... You can't do a skin everyone loves :-) But I really like your work!

Absolutely agree with that! That is how I started with skinning a few years ago myself. Glad you like my work, thanks for the feedback!

Cracking skin, downloaded it earlier. Managed to sort auto hide side bar, and make the smaller pitch within tactics. Also added Sky Sports logo but it was too big, need to mess about with sizing. 

One issue I did have and not sure if its noted already. But during a match when there is no highlight and if I change one of the widgets/panels to 'overview' it just stays blank? Its the same if I click on a historic game within my schedule. It doesn't show goal scorers, attendances or cards etc. 

Am I doing something wrong? I only play on full screeen at 1920x1080?

7 hours ago, hm86 said:

Cracking skin, downloaded it earlier. Managed to sort auto hide side bar, and make the smaller pitch within tactics. Also added Sky Sports logo but it was too big, need to mess about with sizing. 

One issue I did have and not sure if its noted already. But during a match when there is no highlight and if I change one of the widgets/panels to 'overview' it just stays blank? Its the same if I click on a historic game within my schedule. It doesn't show goal scorers, attendances or cards etc. 

Am I doing something wrong? I only play on full screeen at 1920x1080?

Glad you like the skin and thanks for the feedback!

It seems nobody is going back into their history to review their old matches as you are the first to bring this one up. LOL

I looked into it and it's caused by an old file that is no longer pointing to existing files. You can safely delete the file, it is called "match info overview small.xml" and can be found in the "panels/match" folder of the skin.  It also messed up the alignment, at least with me, but I run the game in windowed 1920x1080 resolution.

After deleting the file, reload the skin and it will show up correctly (see below screens for the "before" and "after" images:

The "match in between highlight panel" shows the "overview" screen ONLY properly in the left or right panel, the middle panels are too small to properly show the overview screen and it wouldn't show at all, or just a part of it.

I added a screenshot for you below to show how I have organized it but you can change it to you own liking of course (with limitation when the information needs more space like this one and for example the squad formation view (that will not fit properly in a smaller screen either ;-)) The only other reason I can think of will be when you switched between skins and didn't properly clear cache and reloaded the skin. That might give black screens etc. If that is the case clear the cache in preferences (you can also manually delete the cached files if needed) and reload the skin and try again.

Hope this helps!

Screenshot (78).png

Screenshot (77).png

Screenshot (84).png

12 hours ago, a31632 said:

It seems nobody is going back into their history to review their old matches as you are the first to bring this one up. LOL

I looked into it and it's caused by an old file that is no longer pointing to existing files. You can safely delete the file, it is called "match info overview small.xml" and can be found in the "panels/match" folder of the skin.  It also messed up the alignment, at least with me, but I run the game in windowed 1920x1080 resolution.

After deleting the file, reload the skin and it will show up correctly (see below screens for the "before" and "after" images:

The "match in between highlight panel" shows the "overview" screen ONLY properly in the left or right panel, the middle panels are too small to properly show the overview screen and it wouldn't show at all, or just a part of it.

I added a screenshot for you below to show how I have organized it but you can change it to you own liking of course (with limitation when the information needs more space like this one and for example the squad formation view (that will not fit properly in a smaller screen either ;-)) The only other reason I can think of will be when you switched between skins and didn't properly clear cache and reloaded the skin. That might give black screens etc. If that is the case clear the cache in preferences (you can also manually delete the cached files if needed) and reload the skin and try again.

Hope this helps!

Great work mate followed your instructions and thats us sorted. 

You know your graphics folder, what are those used for?

Thanks again for all your help!!

2 hours ago, hm86 said:

Great work mate followed your instructions and thats us sorted. 

You know your graphics folder, what are those used for?

Thanks again for all your help!!

Well, the panels folder tells the graphics “what to do” LOL. It is the “heart” of the skin basically. Without graphics the skin would look very standard, for the example; all boxes, buttons, icons etc. are in it.

I added additional graphics like a “Trophy pack” and other stuff to it to give the skin it’s own “feel”.

Glad you got it sorted out with that file.

1 hour ago, a31632 said:

Well, the panels folder tells the graphics “what to do” LOL. It is the “heart” of the skin basically. Without graphics the skin would look very standard, for the example; all boxes, buttons, icons etc. are in it.

I added additional graphics like a “Trophy pack” and other stuff to it to give the skin it’s own “feel”.

Glad you got it sorted out with that file.

Thanks again.

En 13/2/2018 a las 0:32, a31632 dijo:

Hope this helps!

Screenshot (78).png

Screenshot (77).png

Screenshot (84).png

Hi, after delete this panel, seems Ok on first load but change to stadium background on the following

PD-> It's possible a sidebar option "no auto hide" that only show icons and no text? Thanks

20180220142047_1.jpg

20180220142058_1.jpg

6 hours ago, Rochembak said:

Hi, after delete this panel, seems Ok on first load but change to stadium background on the following

PD-> It's possible a sidebar option "no auto hide" that only show icons and no text? Thanks

Hi,

the changing background is with every skin I tried so seems not to be related to this specific skin but probably hard-coded by the game. I double checked the coding and nothing in there seems to point to using a different background than the default one indicated in the client object browser file.

The sidebar option is an easy fix, if you go to the game "preferences" you will see a tick box "sidebar icons only". if you tick that box and reload the skin it will only show you the icons in the sidebar.

1 minute ago, Rochembak said:

Thanks, i totally missed this option on preferences!

And a darker (like "paper4" on match) panels by default? 

Of course, you can make the panels less transparent by changing the code so you won't see the background, but haven't found a way to change the actual background as I understood that was what you were looking for.

Yes the icon option in preferences is new, lots of people ask about it

Version 1.2 screenshots. Compatible with 18.3.0 Some bug fixes, additional graphic features (animated container in home screen which switches between the kits and team logo/fixture details), animated container in news overview (switching between news highlights), updated post match screen, line-ups panel, alternative intro screen (source: FMNation.net) and match review screen and lots of other graphic changes.

2148cba.jpg

25zhyjl.jpg

2ymho2p.jpg

346q3b7.jpg

20z4aau.jpg

640c36.jpg

mtscpu.jpg

xkzwcj.jpg

24l6efs.jpg

28su1rd.jpg

4h7e2u.jpg

fliqli.jpg

30dklfb.jpg

9stilg.jpg

Choice between kits or player faces:

9hq2vp.jpg

10rskrb.jpg

4k8msi.jpg

j61ytx.jpg

Classic 2016-2017 tactics screen (as alternative in version 1.2):

2edmcyp.jpg

b3s7ps.jpg

Alternative scoreboard (credits to FM Nation) adjusted and enlarged to fit in the Champions League skin, showing the logo selected in the top right corner

oa7yq0.jpg

2 hours ago, Ross Ingersoll said:

any idea what this 1915 is? i dont remember seeing it before update but maybe im wrong. maybe time or something?   *I see now, it is the match starting time*

download.png

Yes, it is part of the 18.3.0. update, not related to the skin itself. It shows the time the game started (not sure what the use is, but SI decided to put it in the game....;-)

22 hours ago, a31632 said:

Yes, it is part of the 18.3.0. update, not related to the skin itself. It shows the time the game started (not sure what the use is, but SI decided to put it in the game....;-)

It's likely been moved there from the side to free up room for the goalscorer info as that info was missing at smaller resolutions pre-patch.

Archived