[FM18] [SKIN] Champions League skin

a31632

Updates/bug fixes for version 1.1:

- team squad numbers selection; when selecting shirt numbers for the team the selection bar would "jump"to the right of the screen

- "heat-map" in pitch in inbox section wouldn't show anymore after update to 18.3.0/18.3.1

- team talk pop-up would no longer show options/text after update to 18.3.0/18.3.1

- match half time panel would default only to match stats

All these issues have been fixed, unpack the below archive in the "panels" folder of the skin and overwrite when prompted, make sure to reload the skin as always!

(ATTENTION: these fixes are already present in version 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4, so if you have any of these versions there is no need to update/download)

Download link:

https://mega.nz/#!bxYzSZJC!zhnNpjR-Z0-w0hKZUxHRtqcTB06Fj_F24DS4dZetUG4

=== I will keep supporting version 1.1 for bug fixes and other issues, however: graphical updates, enhancements and other additions are all included and updated in version 1.2 (PM me for more info) ===

===VERSION 1.1 RELEASED!!!===

The Champions League Skin is back for Football Manager 2018!

This is the 1.1 version for the Champions League 2018 skin.

If you have version 1.0 installed, please completely delete this version prior to unpacking this updated version.
(If you unpack this version on top of the earlier version left over files from version 1.0 can interfere with the new skin)

This updated release includes:

- tilebar/header with "fm"/"calendar"/continue" buttons similar as in the Champions League 2016 skin (OPZ created this for the OPZ 2016/2017 skins)
- graphic enhancements (customized panels added, bigger player faces/logo's in inbox messages).
- bigger pitch on tactics overview screen during match.
- custom made match titlebar, template from the 2016 Champions League skin (Gunzo created the graphs from the scoreboard) now available in "large"and "small" match timeslider/match captions).
- compatibility with version 18.2.2
- auto-hide sidebar is included, optional sidebar coding included if you like the sidebar to have a solid color (not changing with league/team selected)
- bigger player faces in screens
- choice between big(ger) and smaller tactic screen in tactic overview panel
- extended (widescreen) panels in team screens, to get more specific info in one overview (lite, general, widescreen and high resolution options)
- (small) sidebar with colours change depending on team/competition selected
- customized "match preview" and "post match" panels
- opacity/background selector
- instant result button
- many other additional graphical updates to enhance the FM experience
- minor bugs fixed

This skin is optimized for HD resolutions (resolution of 1920x1080 windowed and full screen).

I created this skin for my personal use and it has been tested mainly in HD resolution, there will be NO low(er) resolution version available (or made by me) and other resolutions are not supported.

Always feel free to report bugs, no requests for adjustments that are non bug related will be replied to.

PLEASE READ THE UPDATED "README" (it is called that way for a reason ;-)), IT WILL ANSWER MANY OF YOUR QUESTIONS AND IT WILL GUIDE YOU IF YOU WOULD LIKE A NON AUTO-HIDE SIDEBAR, SMALLER FACES IN PANELS ETC.

This skin wouldn't have been possible without the work of:

El Comandante Qwas (Nocturno skin)
Dasz8
Pikawa (CFM Skin)
FLUT skin makers (great inbox panels!)
Emil Debski (Vitrex skin (2016/2017 version), sidebar icons and minor graphic enhancements)
OPZ
D_LO_
TheBantams/Rick Thorne (Andromeda skin)
Wannachupbrew
Gunzo
Jovovich (Milla skin)
Michaeltmurrayuk

and many others!

Recommended (not included) for use with this skin are:

Facepack of your choice
Logo and kits packs
Cities megapack (showing citypictures in club screens)
Stadium background packs

2vjcy6b.png

ofu51g.jpg

29wooz6.jpg

fnwtms.jpg

20h1ook.jpg

2mds09w.jpg

4j17ro.jpg

2zidnix.jpg

Download links:

https://mega.nz/#!64oSlbIQ!LoczeymLhW33axGLpZpIA2UjLLv_irSWDsBdet-BO2g

http://www.mediafire.com/file/069ww6u46x7h934/Champions League 2018 1.1 RELEASE VERSION.7z

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is an option to switch between a wider/bigger scoreboard with a small(er) match time slider/match caption window and a slightly less wide scoreboard with a bigger match time slider/match caption window. In version 1.1 I opted for the less wide scoreboard, in HD resolution the match caption window might now shows all the (text) messages properly. To avoid issues with longer team/club names the font sizes were slightly reduced.

See below for an example, look in the the "README" on how to switch between the options.

Smaller scoreboard/bigger timeslider/caption:

2mds09w.jpg

Bigger scoreboard/smaller timeslider/caption:

s4upzm.jpg

If you prefer the scoreboard and timeslider/caption to be a medium size (so somewhere "in between" both extremes), replace "match title bar.xml" with this one attached:

match title bar.xml

Nice to hear that you are back in fm18. Loved and played with your skin.

Could we write wishes for panels in your skin? e.g. at the club overview panel the city picture? Or the media tip (prediction) next to league position? It would be realy nice. If not, is ok for me. Have a nice christmas.

38 minutes ago, vonreichsm said:

Nice to hear that you are back in fm18. Loved and played with your skin.

Could we write wishes for panels in your skin? e.g. at the club overview panel the city picture? Or the media tip (prediction) next to league position? It would be realy nice. If not, is ok for me. Have a nice christmas.

I will always listen to suggestions of course, problem is that there are as many wishes and opinions as there are people, having said that.........if I think a suggestion looks better (and that I realize will be my judgement of course) and it is possible to make changes I will follow up on it. The city picture is actually a changing one (there are 3 pictures, one of the stadium and of the city together with a background picture in one) There are dozens of panels to be edited, so plenty of work to do. Appreciate your feedback as always and as a BETA tester you can play around with it and give me all your suggestions!

vor 22 Minuten schrieb a31632:

I will always listen to suggestions of course, problem is that there are as many wishes and opinions as there are people, having said that.........if I think a suggestion looks better (and that I realize will be my judgement of course) and it is possible to make changes I will follow up on it. The city picture is actually a changing one (there are 3 pictures, one of the stadium and of the city together with a background picture in one) There are dozens of panels to be edited, so plenty of work to do. Appreciate your feedback as always and as a BETA tester you can play around with it and give me all your suggestions!

Ok. Thanks for regarding. Have a nice day and nice christmasdays.

Looks promising

Things I find useful but are rare on skins

- personality and media handling shown on player overview panel (both are needed to understand all important professionalism and other hidden attribs)

- ability to see and alter individual training directly from a panel on the player overview screen

There will be an option available to choose from a big(ger) pitch in the tactics overview screen for those (like me) who prefer this look. (no subs panel as a result, (but who cares?).

The "quick pick" button is already showing in the selection part of the screen, so no need to move this button......................

The bigger pitch screen also shows the "auto-hide feature" for the sidebar that will be included in the release version.

2ihwlz8.png

or

bgdb8x.png

17 minutes ago, handy500 said:

looking good M8 .What logos are they

Thanks! The logos are "ESS v5 Logos" created by Tom Dixon. There are v6 logos on "Sortitoutsi.net" available for download but I still use v5. Just a matter of taste I guess, I like these better

1 hour ago, a31632 said:

Final release coming up soon, working on a match scoreboard, screenshots in OP.

You mean the match caption here? mines there by default, dont think you can have it as it was in 17, in the match window.

5a5295be7d508_MotherwellvRangers_MatchPitch.thumb.png.e83a693725e45fec8a73954d90498a72.png

3 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

You mean the match caption here? mines there by default, dont think you can have it as it was in 17, in the match window.

5a5295be7d508_MotherwellvRangers_MatchPitch.thumb.png.e83a693725e45fec8a73954d90498a72.png

No, not those, they are there by default. The match caption panel that shows when a goal has been scored (player picture in it etc.) or when you get a yellow card etc.

2 minutes ago, a31632 said:

No, not those, they are there by default. The match caption panel that shows when a goal has been scored (player picture in it etc.) or when you get a yellow card etc.

Oh yes, i remember the popup panel. erm... not seen it this version i think i've deleted it.. lol - the goal alerts appear where the box above is for me, same as booking etc

It is actually still there but it is not showing as the match titlebar is over it with us. But maybe with you it overlays the titlebar?!?

Maybe show me a screen of the popup?

I managed to move the time slider (transparent only.....) down to just above the commentary bar but the pop ups are still missing.

14 minutes ago, a31632 said:

It is actually still there but it is not showing as the match titlebar is over it with us. But maybe with you it overlays the titlebar?!?

Maybe show me a screen of the popup?

I managed to move the time slider (transparent only.....) down to just above the commentary bar but the pop ups are still missing.

That one from last year at the bottom? slJ05_md.thumb.png.63c0f0719cb68ab6dc37d393c6c950c3.png

Yep, that's the one!

It's called "match caption panel" and it is standard plugged in next to the scoreboard in the current (standard) match view in FM 2018.

So when I made the new scoreboard it covered the time slider and this caption panel, so it needs to be moved down...............

1 hour ago, a31632 said:

Yep, that's the one!

It's called "match caption panel" and it is standard plugged in next to the scoreboard in the current (standard) match view in FM 2018.

So when I made the new scoreboard it covered the time slider and this caption panel, so it needs to be moved down...............

I cant get it anywhere else execpt on the titlebar.  You might be able to make the commentary bar at the bottom about 100px high, and have it as a popup on that instead? 

On 1/7/2018 at 15:29, wkdsoul said:

I cant get it anywhere else execpt on the titlebar.  You might be able to make the commentary bar at the bottom about 100px high, and have it as a popup on that instead? 

I tried it all, in the end I decided to move it more to the right in the top of the screen in the final version.

Just released now!

Thanks for the feedback, I’m actually leaving for holidays today and wanted to finish the skin off before leaving......

I will be back in two weeks and will follow up on any bugs or issues that are being discovered.

2 minutes ago, thnigelfc said:

Guys

I tried the informative section to make the sidebar solid and put my own graphics into this skin.

Nothing Happens?

anybody else having this problem ?

TIA

I dont know about your own graphics m8 but the solid sidebar thing works fine for me

1 hour ago, scooter28 said:

I dont know about your own graphics m8 but the solid sidebar thing works fine for me

Make sure the “use caching” option is not ticked and clear cache before reloading the skin. Sometimes when you reload the skin multiple times without clearing cache can give issues. I sometimes restarted the game all together and did all of the above and things would show properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to "vonreichsm" who spotted a few minor glitches on some screens I have updated a few panels, not enough at this point to release a full updated version but for those of you who would like the adjusted panels in their skin:

1) Tactics screen during match didn't show "injury"/"yellow/red cards"/"player condition"/"match ratings". While maintaining a bigger player picture in the tactics screen this is now adjusted, see below: (I know......my Juve club icon is outdated, will fix that later LOL)

2) In Nation Overview there was no linked button to show future and past fixtures. See screens "before" and "after" for the difference. 

Replace both xml files (tactics folder and nation folder in the skin) and overwrite when prompted, reload the skin and it should show properly.

Screenshot (32).png

Screenshot (35).png

tactics icon preview info panel2.xml

Screenshot (38).png

Screenshot (42).png

nation overview.xml

On 1/23/2018 at 13:15, a31632 said:

Ok, I made it so you can adjust the colors to your own preference. Copy the files "aggregate_score.xml" and "CoreSans-45Regular.otf" to the fonts folder and "match title bar.xml" to the match folder. Replace existing files and reload the skin. In aggregate_score you will see: 

<string id="file_name" value="CoreSansAR-45Regular.otf"/>
    <real id="boldness" value="1.0"/>

<integer id="gradient_upper_colour_red" value="255"/>
    <integer id="gradient_upper_colour_green" value="255"/>
    <integer id="gradient_upper_colour_blue" value="255"/>
    <integer id="gradient_upper_colour_alpha" value="150"/>

<integer id="gradient_lower_colour_red" value="177"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_colour_green" value="187"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_colour_blue" value="198"/>
    <integer id="gradient_lower_colour_alpha" value="150"/>

Changing all values to "255" will make the scores go white, you will have to decide which colors you prefer. You can change the font or boldness as well!

Screenshot (45).png

aggregate_score.xml

CoreSansAR-45Regular.otf

match title bar.xml

5a6cce835eee1_Screenshot(55).thumb.png.3a6d84380eef83785a6106838af314a4.png

I decided to move the aggregate scores up and located them near the live scores, which looks (to my opinion) much better, also finished working on refreshing the header/titlebar (as per CL 2016 skin and OPZ 2016/2017 skins).

Example below:

5a6ccfd7a42a0_Screenshot(64).thumb.png.3c1de5e288270038f2cbc3fdb01e7b00.png

Easy; open "match title bar.xml" and go to lines 191-195:

<!--home button-->
    <widget class="icon_button" id="homb" click_event="home" scale_picture="false" alignment="centre_x,centre_y" keep_aspect_ratio="true" height="70" width="70" appearance="icons/logos/bbc">
    <layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="vertical" />
    <attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="MnuS" mode="0" value="true" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="true" />
  </widget>

This shows you where the icon for the scoreboard is located, navigate to graphics/icons/logos/ and rename the icon you want to use to "bbc.png" and reload the skin as always. You can of course import any logo into that folder and rename for a custom logo to show.

Archived