Sports Interactive Community
Fredrik

Immigrant teams

I've noticed there are, at least, three Albanian teams in Switzerland where the grey players are Albanians. The clubs are Dardania Lausanne, Dardania Basel and Kosova Zürich. I can't see anything in the settings that says Albania so I wonder if anyone knows if this is something that would be hardcoded? Obviously I see the potential to set other clubs to their 'ethnic' background too to enhance realism. 

I think this is hardcoded, because there's no option in editor to change that and I think it should be possible to change these thing in editor (i mean in future versions) because many teams all over europe are working like 'immingrant teams' (i saw Croatia Berlin and Turkiyemspor Berlin). I don't remember if that's true but I think there was an option to bypass this in editor (changing nation and based nation of the club I guess) but I'm not sure it's true.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Fredrik:

I've noticed there are, at least, three Albanian teams in Switzerland where the grey players are Albanians. The clubs are Dardania Lausanne, Dardania Basel and Kosova Zürich. I can't see anything in the settings that says Albania so I wonder if anyone knows if this is something that would be hardcoded? Obviously I see the potential to set other clubs to their 'ethnic' background too to enhance realism. 

Yes, this is hardcoded or made with the SI editor. There is an change this year. If they are active in the game the players that are generated have all Swiss as second nationality. Last year they where Albanian, Croatian etc only. There are also some Italian and Portuguese teams in the Swiss lower leagues which are same.

Ok, 

then it's like I thought. I would have hoped there was some option to set this manually in the editor but you can't have it all I guess.  

3 hours ago, Fredrik said:

Ok, 

then it's like I thought. I would have hoped there was some option to set this manually in the editor but you can't have it all I guess.  

Well you can, but the Editor doesn't seem to be a priority for SI, there was next to no functionality added to it this year and it's still very buggy (particularly with advanced rules).

There used to be a roundabout way by making a copy of the city in question and putting it in a region from the other country (but still in the nation of Switzerland, for example), or maybe it was cloning the region instead. I believe that would make regens born there (for that club) have dual nationality. Hardly worth the work though.

Would be helpful for clubs in places like Canada, the US, Australia etc

Edited by themodelcitizen

6 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

There used to be a roundabout way by making a copy of the city in question and putting it in a region from the other country (but still in the nation of Switzerland, for example), or maybe it was cloning the region instead. I believe that would make regens born there (for that club) have dual nationality. Hardly worth the work though.

Can confirm this still works! Used it in my Greenland file. Basically clone the Swiss city, leave that city in Switzerland but in an Albanian region and all players will be born with albanien second nationality and Albanian sounding names.

On 22/12/2017 at 06:54, KUBI said:

Yes, this is hardcoded or made with the SI editor. There is an change this year. If they are active in the game the players that are generated have all Swiss as second nationality. Last year they where Albanian, Croatian etc only. There are also some Italian and Portuguese teams in the Swiss lower leagues which are same.

The SI editor huh? So there's a better more powerful editor that exists for the game? Any chance that would ever be made available to the general public? I'd even pay for a better editor if you want to charge for it like you do the in game one!

vor 1 Minute schrieb rusty217:

The SI editor huh? So there's a better more powerful editor that exists for the game? Any chance that would ever be made available to the general public? I'd even pay for a better editor if you want to charge for it like you do the in game one!

That was just a guess, but all the league rules in the game have to be coded and using an league editor is the easiest way to do it.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb phnompenhandy:

Does this apply to lower league English teams in the database, such as FC Romania and the Sikh ones? Would be great if it did.

Yes, it does.

FC Romania.jpg

You can add an immigrant team yourself

all you need to do is copy the city in the editor and put it in a regional of the country you want your players from 

On 21-12-2017 at 22:54, KUBI said:

So how do we get our hands on that SI Editor?:D

5 hours ago, Slabbekoorn said:

So how do we get our hands on that SI Editor?:D

it's for the researchers probably :D

On 12/24/2017 at 18:33, themodelcitizen said:

maybe i'm doing something wrong, but i can't get it working... (i'm using FM17 editor)

can you describe me step by step how to make immigrant team please??

As far as I remember:

let's say you want to make Vancouver Croatia.

Duplicate the city of Vancouver and place it in a Croatian local region. Take the club Vancouver Croatia and change it's "city" to the new, duplicated Vancouver.

11 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

As far as I remember:

let's say you want to make Vancouver Croatia.

Duplicate the city of Vancouver and place it in a Croatian local region. Take the club Vancouver Croatia and change it's "city" to the new, duplicated Vancouver.

i did all of that exactly before, but nothing changes really... i'm using FM17 Editor...

Could you make it work in your FM17 game??

As far as I remember you need to change the nation in which the duplicated city is to Croatia.

You could also try to change the based nation for the club to Croatia.

this is farest i could go in editor 17 (dont know how it is fm18 editor btw)... this imaginary "croatian" club that should be based in italy... BUT

nation, based nation, continental nation is croatia, but stadium of club  is located in italy and city info is empty... you see, those are italian players with croatian names...and their 2nd nationality is croatian... if i set duplicated city in club info (with region in italy and nation in croatia) players have only croatian names and nationalities, and if is set city italian i still have italian players with croatian names...

if i set that option "add players to playable teams" players (not "virtual greys") will be with italian names and only italian nationality...

spalato.jpg