Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
chob

Bravery - is it possible to improve it?

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to improve a players' bravery by any means within the game?

Tutoring? training?

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tutoring won't affect it, and it can't be trained individually. It might get a small increase through role training (CD, BWM) but it's very likely to remain static. I certainly wouldn't expect a player to improve five points in bravery throughout an FM career. If you have a good player that lacks the bravery for a particular role, try retraining him to a role that doesn't require him to get into challenges that often.

Edited by PJHoutman88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PJHoutman88 said:

Tutoring won't affect it, and it can't be trained individually. It might get a small increase through role training (CD, BWM) but it's very likely to remain static. I certainly wouldn't expect a player to improve five points in bravery throughout an FM career. If you have a good player that lacks the bravery for a particular role, try retraining him to a role that doesn't require him to get into challenges that often.

Thanks, i'll just retrain him like you say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had youths on BWM for years without seeing an improvement in Bravery. It's one of my DNA attributes and one of the things I insist on when searching for young players to bring in to the club as it's as good as impossible to raise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure about improving, but I know that a player can decrease his bravery if he suffers a severe injury. This would be related to the player's fear of sustaining another injury, so he will be less willing to put his foot in every tackle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you can't directly train it with roles, but there is a system that makes it go up and down.

 

I have players with green arrows on bravery, but I've not paid enough attention to know if it's because of a recent injury and they regain bravery they lost or if squad DNA raises all mental stats including bravery.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna try to teach ppms "throw himself into tackles" and "mark opponent tightly". I hope this will improve his bravery and aggression. And I guess, interaction with player might effect him; critising his tackles, defending performance, etc. 

20180126160339_1.jpg

Edited by Deus Dominus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/01/2018 at 13:59, Deus Dominus said:

I'm gonna try to teach ppms "throw himself into tackles" and "mark opponent tightly". I hope this will improve his bravery and aggression. And I guess, interaction with player might effect him; critising his tackles, defending performance, etc. 

20180126160339_1.jpg

 

Does it work?

Edited by Tom 99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom 99 said:

 

Does it work?

It doesn't. That's not how a PPM works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It doesn't. That's not how a PPM works.

 

Sometimes there is a slight increase in bravery and nobody knows exactly why. Is it random? Is it experience? Is it interaction? Is it by doing more tackles per match? If it is the last point than PPM could affect it indirectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tom 99 said:

 

Sometimes there is a slight increase in bravery and nobody knows exactly why. Is it random? Is it experience? Is it interaction? Is it by doing more tackles per match? If it is the last point than PPM could affect it indirectly.

 

Players that drop in bravery due to injuries can slowly regain the stat. It only works up to the original level of bravery however. Never seen another case of gaining bravery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/07/2018 at 01:55, Tom 99 said:

 

Sometimes there is a slight increase in bravery and nobody knows exactly why. Is it random? Is it experience? Is it interaction? Is it by doing more tackles per match? If it is the last point than PPM could affect it indirectly.

It's Sean Dyche as your manager ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...