Sports Interactive Community

Allready posted this under fmt 2018.  But no replies while i see constant replies here!! 

Hi,

Just like a lot of other people i have the staging error.  I uploaded a save game called 'ANDERLECHT-jc' too your FTP.  I installed the FMT 2018 from steam.  I do not use any DLC or other downloaded fan-things, just the standard game. Screenshot of the error is below.  I will now again try to follow some of the instructions i seem to find in other posts (cashe, integrity,...).

Maybe I'm wrong and i have confidance you are all trying to fix things as soon as possible.  But to me it seems a pretty general problem.  Why isn't there a sticky topic with things we can do about the staging error.  Everybody has to post a personal topic, but THIS particullar error is a GENERAL error.

greeting Jan

after edit:

just wanted to say my widgets also seem to change place during game.  This happens when they are everywhere (except bottom of screen) and after entering tactics,.....  everything that leaves the 'field' screen. (just didn't seem important since i am not able to play anyway for the moment)

Everything happens after the update. playing since cm99/00 (not all versions :-)) and first time problems that are so big. 

FMT2018.png

Edited 6 hours ago by jbjAgent 
another bug

When exactly are you getting the crash? What are you doing in-game when it occurs? Is it always on the same date for instance? Or does it seem random?

Let us know, thanks. 

Hi, I almost wanted to say that it was all okay.  Did the delete cashe, preferences, game integrety stuff.  And tried with my saves. i eventually got past my stuck date (03/02/2019) and was able to play the next game.  after that i saw i forgot to adjust the screen too 95% instead of the standard 100%; while waiting for it to change i got the staging error.  I rebooted the game and set it back on 100%.  this time i did get a dump file. screen below.

i'll keep trying. if anything changes i'll update.

Fyi:

I'm not running more then one manager in my save game

FMT2018_2.jpg

FMT 2018 v18.2.0.1050300 (2017.12.18 22.54.44).dmp

Edited by jbjAgent

Okay the issue is one we're aware of and we'll look to address it as soon as we can allowing you to continue your save.

Apologies you've encountered it. 

Okay, what we've done now is put the potential fix onto a beta version of the game, so we suggest moving over to this version and trying the game to see if your issue is fixed.  

We would recommend you copy your save prior to conducting this test so you have a backup before following the steps below.

Open Steam
Go to 'Football Manager 2018' within your Steam Library
Right-Click on the game and select 'Properties'
Select the 'Beta' tab
Via the 'Select the beta you would like to opt into' dropdown, select 'public beta'
Click 'Close'

Upon launching the game, the improvements should be active, so please play as normal and see whether your game runs without issue. 

Once you've moved across to this version (which will state 18.2.1), please do try it and let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Okay thanks for the all in all quick solution.  Will try this evening.  Hopefully everything fine

Edited by jbjAgent

We've released an update for FM and FMT to 18.2.1 - are you still encountering the same issue in this version? 

Hey.  

I saw it was automatically updated to 18.2.1.  Played 1-2 months.  5-7 games.  

No problems yet.  Seems to go flued also.

Thanks for helping. Next time I'll try to be less frustrated and impatient. You are a all doing a great job. 👍🏻