Buying Player's with Monthly Installments Issues

I've sorta been out of FM for a few weeks, and in that time an update (or two?) have come out.

Now I generally buy player with 3 x 12 monthly installements, which required paying 1/4 of the total transfer fee upfront. But since the patch/s, club don't seem to be accepting this method anymore? What's the go? 

Unless you've got a save from before the patch where you know for certain a team accepted an offer that they now won't accept, it would be difficult to prove an issue.

Out of curiosity, are you using a currency other than GBP? 

I've encountered a similar problem, before the patch you could offer 1,000,000 up front and say 5,000,000 in instalments , now the selling club reverses that around and won't negotiate... so now 5,000,000 up front and 1,000,000 in instalments.

very frustrating if your budget is fairly small.

If this has been changed I think in some ways it would be good, especially at the top of the pyramid. It can be very easy with a big club to spend triple your initial transfer budget in the first window. In real life I can’t see a new manager being allowed to commit to spending 200m within the first month of their career

Archived