[FM18] [WIP] Max Foreign Players

Hi Guys,

Since UEFA isn't really fast in updating competition rules and I'm getting tired of all the foreign players in Europe I'm trying to edit some leagues myself
Goal of these small competition rule updates is to have more youngsters get a chance in their own homegrown leagues and thus getting more developed national teams.

I've done a few leagues already, will do more if there are requests.

England

Spoiler

Premier League: 5

Championship: 4

League One: 3

League Two: 2

Vanarama Premier: 1

North / South: 0

All cups: 5

Spain

Spoiler

Primera division: 5

Seguna: 3

2nd division B: 2

Cups: 5 (Except fedaration cup: 3)

Germany

Spoiler

1. Bundesliga: 5

2. Bundesliga: 4

3 Liga: 3

Cups: 5

Holland

Spoiler

Eredivisie: 3

Jupiler League: 2

Cups: 3

Italy

Spoiler

Serie A: max 5

Serie B: max 3

Serie C: max 2

France

Spoiler

Ligue 1: 5

Ligue 2: 3

National: 2

National 2: 2

u19 competitions: 2

Belgium

Spoiler

Jupiler League: 3

Proximus: 2

Amateur: 1

Cups: 3

u-19:1

Russia

Spoiler

Premier Div: 5

FNL: 3

2nd Div: 2

To keep updated on these check out my steam workshop here and subscribe to them!

Let me know how you guys think about this, maybe you got some good new ideas to reconfigure the rules in future? :-)

Steam workshop: CLICK

ENG Max Foreigners.fmf

ESP Max Foreigners.fmf

GER Max Foreigners.fmf

NL Max Foreigners.fmf

ITA Max Foreigners.fmf

FRA Max Foreigners.fmf

BEL Max Foreigners.fmf

RUS Max Foreigners.fmf

26 minutes ago, tobbie said:

@matsk89Hero! Would love to see this happen for all the big leagues in Europe. Also is it possible to have all the files compressed into 1 file?

^ Keeps me motivated ! 

I will merge them to one pack once all big leagues are done, takes some time though!

• 2 weeks later...

Why are Belgium and The Netherlands only allowed 3 foreigners in top division and the other big nations 5? That will give the bigger nations an unjust advantage over Belgium and The Netherlands.

Both Belgium and The Netherlands have some great players to choose from, ofcourse, but while the bigger leagues can still buy more foreingers, it doesn't seam to be quite that fair. Would you consider adjusting it to be the same for all leagues?

Like 5 in top division, 4 in 2nd division, 3 in 3rd and so on?

• 1 month later...
On 18-2-2018 at 16:24, Jorgen said:

Why are Belgium and The Netherlands only allowed 3 foreigners in top division and the other big nations 5? That will give the bigger nations an unjust advantage over Belgium and The Netherlands.

Both Belgium and The Netherlands have some great players to choose from, ofcourse, but while the bigger leagues can still buy more foreingers, it doesn't seam to be quite that fair. Would you consider adjusting it to be the same for all leagues?

Like 5 in top division, 4 in 2nd division, 3 in 3rd and so on?

The reason I choose not to was that there are, in general, way more foreign players in the bigger competitions, so this way they didn't need to sell more than 3/4th of their squad

On 19-2-2018 at 12:11, Forest said:

where in the editor you can change the limit?

In the editor you load the database, press Rules -> Use Advanced Rules -> Search for the country where the competition is you want to edit -> Open up the competition and select "competition" which pops up after you open the arrow of the competition name -> Scroll down in the window that comes up until you see this: "Index Match Rules", remember that number. 

Go back to the left part of the editor, Open the COUNTRY -> MATCH RULES -> Press Rule # you just remembered -> Edit the things you want in or out and save it as editor file.

Load it in game and you're good to go!

Hope this clears up a bit, don't have much time to make new ones so this would help, I hope.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 13:44, matsk89 said:

In the editor you load the database, press Rules -> Use Advanced Rules -> Search for the country where the competition is you want to edit -> Open up the competition and select "competition" which pops up after you open the arrow of the competition name -> Scroll down in the window that comes up until you see this: "Index Match Rules", remember that number. 

Go back to the left part of the editor, Open the COUNTRY -> MATCH RULES -> Press Rule # you just remembered -> Edit the things you want in or out and save it as editor file.

Load it in game and you're good to go!

Hope this clears up a bit, don't have much time to make new ones so this would help, I hope.

I can't find the "Index Match Rules" part.

Archived