Sports Interactive Community
RadoN2k12

No substitution with instant result and autopick

If I tick the checkbox "Allow assistant to pick team" in my matchplan and run instant result, my assistant won't sub in any players in the match.

Substitutions work whenver I don't allow autopick in matchplan.

Examples of screenshot with working (assistant pick non ticked in matchplan) and non-working subs (assistant pick ticked in matchplan) are attached.

My savegame is uploaded too: ftp://ftp-public@ftp.sigames.com/fm/game-save/Erster FMT Savegame - insta res sub bug.fmt

Southport v Boston Utd_  Review.png

Gainsborough v Boston Utd_  Review.png

I have the same issue, still the Assistant isn´t making any substitutions during games. Kinda ruining the FMT side of the game for me.

Is this the case in 18.2.1? And only when using custom match plans, or one of the defaults?

48 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Is this the case in 18.2.1? And only when using custom match plans, or one of the defaults?

Just tested it. It is still the case:

Allow Assistant Manager pick and custom matchplan = no substitutions.

No Assistant Manager pick and custom matchplan = substitutions made

Substitutions also work for default matchplans and "no matchplan" option if they aren't edited with "allow assistant manager pick" in matchplan menu.

Just came in to post this and found this thread, I am also getting no substitutions with instant results using a match plan.

I am using a custom match plan, I do not have it ticked for assistant to pick team but when I use my match plan no subs are made. I have attached a pic of my match plan.

20180104223857_1.thumb.jpg.97ada0388496b6ce20ba67282986b9e4.jpg

On 05/01/2018 at 06:39, tieio said:

Just came in to post this and found this thread, I am also getting no substitutions with instant results using a match plan.

I am using a custom match plan, I do not have it ticked for assistant to pick team but when I use my match plan no subs are made. I have attached a pic of my match plan.

It seems to still not be working, substitutions only work when using one of the match plans from the drop down menu. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

Update came and this is still not fixed? Getting sick of not being able to use my custom match plans.

Any word from anyone if this is being looked at for fixing? I have not been playing much touch because of this bug. Just played a few and still no subs when i use my custom match plan. Tried it on my ipad and same issue exactly.

@Lucas Weatherby?

Just saw this is not fixed on the update... is there some reason why? This is a HUGE loss to the game not being able to use a match plan on instant results.

It is really starting to get annoying that no one is replying at all to this. Why is this gigantic issue not being fixed?

Seriously @Lucas Weatherby please say something?

Posted (edited)
On 12/04/2018 at 11:28, tieio said:

It is really starting to get annoying that no one is replying at all to this. Why is this gigantic issue not being fixed?

I don't know if this helps you but I found that the default match plans Settle for a Draw and Play for a Draw do not use substitutions.

So what I do is I create a new match plan and always start from the template "Play for the win", because that one works with substitutions.

Afterwards you can update the chosen mentalities (I've created my own versions of settle for a draw and play for a draw match plans this way and substitutions do work for me now)

edit: some more info, I think the 'play for the win' template works with subs because there are scenario's for a lot of different time frames during the 2nd half. I tried removing some of them (like: winning min70-90) and suddenly subs were broken again.

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

On 12/04/2018 at 10:28, tieio said:

The Templates will use substitutions but generally after 70mins. That's always been the case. 

@DavyDepuydt1 thanks very much for your input - this is useful. Will need to determine if the issue is because of lack of scenarios meaning substitutions are not being used, or not.

On 12/09/2018 at 12:53, tonidopa said:

Is this being looked at properly? Will it be fixed for FM19?

Let's hope, this is the main reason I did not play much touch this season, game breaking for me and it still is.