[FM18] [FC Suðuroy] [Faroe Islands] ::: A Faroese Fairytale Adventure

ajcardall

FC Suðuroy

2019 - Season Review

Effodeildin

cFYNWWd.pngmAvDqiy.png

A fantastic season that sees us entering Europe next term in the first Qualification Rounds. I'll not be expecting much, but hopefully we can put on a good performance and make a little progress. I'm under no illusions that we're not reaching the group stages, though!

We also reached the semi-final of the cup this season, and hopefully next year we can go one step further and make it to the final.

WxlYvCD.pngdNC5lRB.png

Jacbosen was the player of the season again, and it's hard to argue with that result. In fact, his performances this year saw him claim a new league record for highest average rating over the course of the season

NnAIpIo.png

Vv4mFC7.png

Thanks to a good season financially, I've been permitted time to study for the National C Licence and get started on the coaching qualifications ladders.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC Suðuroy

2020 - Season Preview

Effodeildin

The winter off-season was relatively quiet this year, with very little transfer activity. I'm pretty happy with the squad and didn't want to make any major changes that could upset the dynamics and balance. The pre-season fixture schedule was light this year, with just three friendlies arranged to regain sharpness after the break.

aIfVDci.png

Big wins against weak opposition, and a close game against a team at our level.

LwoRLc0.pngrAbGvqA.png

Our stock has risen, and we've improved our pre-season prediction from 8th and 10th. The board are looking for a midtable finish, and despite our continental qualification (just about) last term, I'd be happy with a mid table finish this year. We also actually have a transfer budget this year, and a healthy increase in the wage budget. The expectations haven't been released for the Europa League, but as our season starts in March, I imagine that will be issued in the summer when the more regular seasons enter their pre-season period.

oiUPBRt.pngvfknAZf.pngpyfpr0p.png

Got some progress made off the field, with the Junior Coaching budget being increased. Also attained the National C Licence, and given leave to study for the National B, which will be a big help to training and coaching.

yDg2MiG.png

Here's the only new arrival this season. An experience midfielder who is comfortable either down the middle or out wide.

I released a bunch of the youngsters who either didn't have the potential or the mental aptitude, but other than that no players left on transfers.

FC Suðuroy

May 2020

Effodeildin

Started the season looking to build on last year's over achievement where we managed to secure a European spot. I had no doubts it was going to be difficult, but I was confident we'd be able to continue our progression this year.

6XFBmIR.png

The season opener was utterly abysmal, but we managed to put it behind us and had a pretty decent run thereafter. Unfortunately things soon fell apart again, and we've been maddeningly inconsistent since then. Improvements are definitely needed, and my inactivity over the pre-season may be coming back to haunt us. I will definitely have to bring in new faces during the next transfer window in the summer.

We made it to the quarter finals of the cup before coming unstuck against Vikingur.

The most disappointing result was the 1-4 home defeat to AB (FRO), who had been struggling coming into the match, and yet we simply rolled over for them.

INPLopj.png6Zjr7Vd.png

Given our poor form, it's not surprise we've bounced around the league so far. We're just about hanging onto 3rd place, but right now we are streets behind the top two, and need serious work if we're going to claw back the deficit and level the field a bit more. Out of the entire division, only league leaders B36 have been in anything like good form. It looks set to be a topsy-turvy year.

FC Suðuroy

Europa League 1st Round Qualifying

EU3DJuL.png

The draw for the First Qualifying Round of the 2020/21 Europa League campaign has been made, and we've been paired with Bulgarian professional outfit Levski Sofia.

I predict this will be a huge, huge struggle. They have professional status and great facilities and for the past three years have made it to the 3rd Round of the Qualifiers for the Europa League. They also have former Newcastle man Gabriel Obertan on the books.

We'll do our best, but just being competitive would be a result!

FC Suðuroy

Europa League 1st Round Qualifying - First Leg

FC Suðuroy vs Levski Sofia

Heading into the first leg at home hoping that we can keep it respectable, maybe pinch a goal or two, but primarily to not be hugely outclassed by the professional outfit.

UkjFgLe.png

Ummm, guys? I'm scared.

6RDoulS.png

Perhaps I over-estimated Sofia, or underestimated my own team, but I did not expect THAT :eek:

FC Suðuroy

So, the European adventure is over. But our (very) brief foray into continental football had some good effects on the club:

5rJi94z.pngwsp5YvZ.pngHyUC1Sg.pngWtwxwT1.png

A huge influx of cash, and record attendances and gate receipts smashed out of the park. Hopefully we can qualify again this season, with a view to using the income to turn professional in the near future.

5UpntQ0.pngwbyg9hv.pngrnBcPzR.png

Used the cash injection to fund a further coaching course for myself, as well as improve Youth Recruitment levels.

I did try to get facilities improved, but was rebuffed.

KRAVPRA.png

71JhylE.jpg

Gip8Zb6.png

We've hit a good run of from in the league, putting the heavy 0-8 defeat in the Europa League behind us. We're now unbeaten in four, and making moves in the right direction in the league table.

vIIg8xn.pngqOyIBhR.png

Sitting in third place with an away fixture against second placed HB next up, and if we can win by 3+ goals - which is a big ask - we will sneak into second place.

KRAVPRA.png

71JhylE.jpg

OF11lFb.png

Another promising batch of up and coming hopefuls have made it through the youth academy, looking to go on to become professional footballers.

n4bCVlU.png

5 players with a PPA of over 3 stars, and 2 who could really go on to become quality players at our level.

vEojhaR.png

Olsen, a young striker, could do very good things indeed, and will be moved straight to the senior squad as a back up option. He is already good in front of goal and with the ball at his feet. He also has decent determination levels and has an ambitious personality. If he can improve his passing, work rate and decisions, he could become a very good player for us.

iXjkNGu.png

Clementsen, midfield, is the other stand out prospect as rated by the assistant manager. He has decent tackling, so I am tempted to train him as ball winning midfielder. He will definitely need to improve on his determination, which is extremely low, but clever tutoring should help in the area. He has high levels of fitness, so his physical stats should come along nicely.

AyvbY6Q.png

Also highlighting the young goalkeeper, Poulsen. Decent determination, which is always important for a young player. He has some weaknesses - his throwing, agility, anticipation and one on ones will definitely need to improve if he's going to make it.

KRAVPRA.png

71JhylE.jpg

MmZKWJs.png

There was to be no repeat of last season's final game drama to clinch a European spot, as with 4 games still to spare, we have already secured at least 3rd place in the league thanks to our brilliant run of form.

hS7LRPe.png

Another four straight victories means that we're now on an eight match winning streak, which is a new club record. It could have been different but for a 90+5 minute winner against HB a few weeks ago.

CwpeS1W.png

Here's how the table now looks. We remain hot on the heels of second placed HB, although due to the co-efficient of Faroe Islands, 2nd and 3rd place both now enter the Preliminary Round of Europa League qualification, so aside from pride, there is little different between the two places.

B36 are an impressive 11 points clear, so another victory will guarantee them the league title for the second season in a row.

KRAVPRA.png

71JhylE.jpg

5uFQRmA.png

Another impressive victory to extended our winning run to an incredible 9 matches. More importantly however, B36 dropped points, losing to AB (FRO) meaning the title isn't yet wrapped up.

HB play tomorrow, and a win will move them back into second place.

KRAVPRA.png

71JhylE.jpg

QTvlxn2.png

B36 secured the league title in impressive style, crushing Giza/Hoyvík 4-1 away from home. They'd earlier won the Faroese cup, so have had a very successful season, winning the double.

We managed to beat Skála Ítróttarfelag, and with HB dropping points away to AB (FRO), we now have a 3 point cushion in second place, with two games left to play.

So our slim title hopes are now over, but we can still finish strongly and improve on last year's third place position.

KRAVPRA.png

71JhylE.jpg

mhjf4mp.png

DaNTu8I.png

Final day defeat sees us slip into third place, but as I said earlier, the rewards for finishing 2nd and 3rd are the same - entry into the Preliminary Round of the Europa League Qualifiers - so there's little between them.

B36 had an immense season, only losing a single game, and catching them up will be a good challenge.

Season Round Up to follow.

11 minutes ago, abulezz said:

Great season exceeding expectations! Your youth intakes have been really helpful. 

4 golden generations in 4 season has definitely helped.

Now that we've got a bit of UEFA money, going to try and get the youth facilities (etc) boosted

KRAVPRA.png

71JhylE.jpg

Season Review

vOdNs2Q.png

Another third placed finish in the league, but second was within our reach but for a last game defeat to champions B36. It was a very impressive season and there's no reason to think we shouldn't be able to challenge for the title next year. European qualification was my own personal ambition, and we managed to achieve that once again. The financial boost will help us improve and strengthen all areas of the club, and maybe even turn Professional.

VPhfALP.pngQd2cauA.pngxOHnHSk.png

Tóri Jacobsen was voted the player of the season again, although I wouldn't have been surprised if the award had gone to Petur Thomsen. The left-winger had an excellent season and broke two league records - one for most player of the match awards, and another for highest average rating over the season.

xyhUc7C.pngB2Z6Hpw.png

Here's a look at the two midfielders who both played huge parts in our success this year

P4ZY4nw.pngkqeqMRY.png

y0x0CCi.png

The board have agreed to use some of our european money to improve on the club's youth facilities, which will be a big help in ensuring our young stars that rise through the ranks are able to develop and reach their potential.

stGQZXK.png

For the third season, the U-19s were victorious in their league. Encouraging signs for the future.

F7RFoeN.png

RtMWqt5.png

OtTt8ZS.png

These are the European achievements for B36, Vikingur and NSI respectively. No Faorese team was able to make any telling impact in their matches, so our co-efficient has declined. It does put our shocking 0-8 defeat in the second leg, after going 5-1 up in the first leg, into context. Had we managed to get through, we may not have lost the higher entries into the qualifying rounds.

FKHb5aF.png

Improvements off the field as our Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment Level are both improved this season. The board have also agreed to improve the Youth Facilities to help give our youngsters a better chance of hitting their potential.

Financially, Europe was massive for us, and any financial worries seem a thing of the past, as long as we can maintain European qualification in the future.

Big jump in attendances, again, thanks to Europe.

VCAYJAm.png

A poor season, it must be said. There was a boost to the national team world ranking, but everything else seemed the decline.

vlWmVtl.png

Very disappointed that we lost two places in the First Round Qualifiers for the Europa League. The remaining spot is now reserved for the cup winners, with the two Preliminary Round spots going to 2nd and 3rd place finishers in the league.

OCHSgQm.png

3 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Progressing at a nice clip.

So far so good, definitely.

B36 look very strong though - just the one league defeat this season. Gonna be a good challenge to topple them, it seems. Of course, now I've said that, they'll have a stinker next year!

Bug Alert?!

Reading @DazRTaylor thread about a youth-only challenge in Andorra, he came across an issue after switching to semi professional, in that he was unable to offer players part-time deals.

I have the same issue. Despite the club starting out as Semi Professional, I've only ever been able to offer Non-Contract deals to players, despite rival clubs having the ability to offer Part-Time deals, with the same professional status (Semi Pro).

I did some testing on this...

• If a club starts the game in the Top Division and remains in the league, they can offer Part-Time deals.
  • If a club starts the game in the Top Division but gets relegated, they can only offer Non-Contract deals.
  • If a club starts the game in the Top Division, gets relegated, and then gets re-promoted, they still can only offer Non-Contract deals.
  • If a club starts the game in the Second Division, they are locked in with Non-Contract deals, even if they are promoted to the Top Division.

All clubs in the test were Semi Professional from the game start.

All clubs were tested with a human manager in charge.

From this, I can only assume there is an issue with the Second Division, and competing in that tier - even if you get promoted - means you're stuck with Non-Contract deals even as a Semi-Professional club.

I purchased the official in-game editor and changed the club status to Professional. At that point, I was able to offer contracts as usual. When I swapped back, it reverted back to non-contract only.

I opened the custom DB in the editor and checked the contract types that were allowed, this is what showed:

kjQh96q.png

This was the same for both divisions. I also checked the contract types for my club, and a club known to have PT players - it was the same as above.

Any ideas, guys? :(

QALkNA6.png

The takeover has been concluded, and there was never any talk of bringing a new manager in, which was good!

8j7meJh.png

£22,000 added to the balance, and increased transfer budgets. For now.....

LSMCB0f.png

In a meeting with the new chairman, he wanted to discuss the possibility of increased transfer funds. I suggested using the money instead to turn professional. He agreed!

2p3MFMi.png

We will turn professional at the end of next season! Hopefully I haven't overstretched us, and European participation is now vital for the extra funds!

KRAVPRA.png

71JhylE.jpg

2021 Season

RMY0JSo.png

Very strong pre-season, including a memorable smash-and-grab against the Dortmund II squad!

7LgtvIg.png

Here's the squad as it stands for the coming season.

KbLIe2V.png

A batch of Italians have joined on free transfers after successful trail periods over the pre-season.

eRIXe3U.png

Antonio Silvestri is the one I am most excited about. He's had a very good pre-season, getting a bag full of goals, which bodes well for the season ahead.

C3FxAHa.png

Nunzio Lella has been added to our midfield ranks, and should be a decent player for us.

TNUv7wn.png

Luigino Di Giosafatte is the third to join, and the centre-back should be able to help reduce the amount of goals we concede over the year, and could win us vital points.

EA1A0VY.pngbPxFTZq.png

A decent rise in our odds and predictions, as we're now hovering in the mid table as per the bookies' predictions. The board are looking along similar lines, expecting a top-half finish.

Personally, I'm going to be looking to challenge for the title! Ambitious, but two 3rd place finishes has shown we have the quality to do it. 

The move to professional status will affect us financially, so good cup and European performances are paramount. However, the extra training I can offer the key players and brightest prospects should have a very good long-term affect. We are the only professional club in the Faroe Islands (right now) so hopefully we can build a good advantage before other teams make the step up.

KRAVPRA.png

el.png?lm=1436945901

2021/22 Europa League - First Round Qualifying - First Leg

Malmö FF vs FC Suðuroy

The extremely tough prospect of overcoming Swedish outfit Malmö FF awaits us, and if we can come away from Sweden with the leg still alive, it would represent a fantastic achievement. My mind if focused on the devastating collapse in Bulgaria during last season's campaign, and right now I'd snap your hand off if you offered us a 3-goal defeat.

Heading into the match we have no injury concerns and in decent form. Malmö are a different proposition entirely to the likes of HB and AB (FRO), so that could all count for nought.

KHyVXxx.png

The defeat looks very heavy, but I did say I'd take a 3-goal defeat, but to also get two away goals... could it be decisive in the return leg? Doubtful, but we have to look at the positives and go out and give a good account of ourselves.

Z14kEDU.png

Given the huge gulf between where our two teams are at, I don't think we did badly at all, and certainly we weren't steamrolled.

b0rJ6nY.png

Well and truly beaten at home, losing 1-2 to a far superior side. To muster just three shots in 90 minutes of football is never going to win you many matches, and regardless of who you're playing, I would expect more from the players.

So, once again, we fall at the first hurdle, but receive another cash injection to boost our bank balance.

fxUkc5z.pngmiZZzc3.pngX8l7RuX.png

£85K in gate takings from the game, plus associated match day income, along with the prize monies, means the two-game appearance in this season's Europa League has brought in £372.5K, which remains a lot of money for the club. Our annual wage bill for the playing squad works out at £424K, so the money from European football is clearly vital to our long term success.

Hopefully next season we shall receive a more favourable draw, and perhaps even make it through to the second round of qualifying.

KRAVPRA.png

dfs_ll_fro_logmanssteyp.gif

2021 Løgmanssteypið Review

Winners: FC Suðuroy

Results ¦ Tree ¦ Review

At the start of the season, the board set their expectations for the cup, demanding that achieve at least a quarter final position. As it transpired, we ended up massively exceeding all expectations, going to to lift the cup in a crushing 4-0 victory over HB. Our previous best accomplishment in the cup was the Semi-Final appearance back in the 2019 season. Delighted to have gone all the way and secure the second piece of silverware for the club after winning the 1. Delid title in our second year.

5V9aJ30.png

Young Italian striker Antonio Silvestri won the golden boot and set a new record-high goals scored record in the process.

L93VElI.png

We also broke the club goal record, notching up 17 goals in our campaign.

rxMbiVc.pngH7VRObW.png

The aim now is very much to switch our focus back on the league campaign, which so far is progressing very well...

KRAVPRA.png

2021 Youth Intake

7BC8Rjh.pngHppEIGt.png

While I wouldn't necessarily go as far as to agree with the "golden generation" moniker that has been bestowed upon the latest batch of academy graduates, there are definitely a handful of players who really stand out and could become good footballers.

g8yDIRc.png

Martin Hentze, defender, is touted as the best prospect this year - and it is easy to see why. He has pretty good mental stats (for the Faroese level), and his key skills are solid. Some areas for improvement but correct training will assist in that area. His determination isn't bad - could definitely be better - and would like to see his personality morph into a determined, driven or professional one.

Cs9XIPg.png

Fróði Joensen, another young centre-back, definitely lacks the mental strengths that Hentze possesses, but his technicals aren't the worst and can definitely improve with age. Will need serious tutoring to bring his disappointing determination and personality into line.

IMYFsGQ.png

Young goalkeeper, Kristian Hansen, could be a very solid man between the sticks. A few areas need to improve, but all around, I think he has very decent stats for our level. His ambitious nature should help give him the grit and drive to reach the lofty heights his talents allude to.

6k9x2O3.png

Petur Højgaard, right-back, is the last of the top 4 this year. His determination is brilliant, and hopefully he can fulfill his potential.

KRAVPRA.png

71JhylE.jpg

2021 Effodeildin Review

Winners: FC Suðuroy

Table ¦ Results ¦ Review

A fantastic season domestically, with only 17 points dropped throughout the entire season, with one draw and 5 defeats - and the draw and one of the defeats came after we'd secured the league title and I opted to start a team of youth players to give them valuable experience and playing time against top quality opponents.

In all but three games, we scored at least two goals - again, fantastic performances.

To fall short (3rd) twice in as many seasons and then to go on to clinch the title in some style was fantastic, and the league win means we shall be participating in the UEFA Champions League next season!

XOfLuXA.png

With stats such as these, it's very easy to see why we won the title this year. Fantastic performances!

dDENSgp.pngJB6kmGS.png

Here's confirmation of our exploits and our participation in next year's Champions League. Brilliant season!

6UC8lgC.png

And a nice media fluff/ego boost!

1Z0eEDH.png

Big improvements as we turned professional, and got boosts to our Youth Facilities, Junior Coaching Budget and Youth Recruitment Network.

aW1jTxq.png

We also saw our Qualification Entries increase this season, which is good

ByVCIYT.png

This year was the first time we made it onto the club co-efficient list in Europe!

sJ2yPts.png

More licences, and increased ability

KRAVPRA.png

2022 Pre-Season

L3wpnGZ.png

Another strong pre-season showing which included winning the Super Cup against HB.

7EHHT72.pngeCF2Txk.png

Our odds for the title have risen again this season, and the board are now expecting us to be in and around the top of the table, which shows we are definitely moving in the right direction.

After last season's strong display, the aim has to be to win the league once again.

In terms of Europe, well it all depends on the luck of the draw. If we catch a break, then we could progress into the second round of qualifying. If it's another Malmo, then we just have to give a good account of ourselves.

56nDZTz.png

Our rise in stature, and the prospect of Champions League football, allowed me to attract some of the better players from our rivals to strengthen our squad.

No players left on transfers, although I did trim the fat and release some of the former youth players who had declined, or had begun to look unlikely to hit the heights.

rsQSQ5E.png

iJu47KH.png

hJucOF6.png

V8cGHro.png

With the added quality to the squad,  we really should be doing very well domestically this season.

KRAVPRA.png

May 2022

fq28Ztt.png

A very pleasing start to the new season and our title defence, winning all but one of our games as well as progressing to the Semi Final of the Faroese Cup. What is particularly pleasing is the amount of goals that we are scoring in games - for example, in the opening three matches, we scored 14 goals and conceded just one.

The new additions have all had good starts to life at the club, and it is very pleasing to see them contributing immediately, and hitting the ground running.

FOrsMBo.png

Unsurprisingly, we find ourselves top of the table, but we only hold a two point lead over second placed HB. B36 are having a bad run of form, and the perennial contenders find themselves in 5th position.

LwDVSsY.png

Jóannes Bjartalíð has been fantastic so far this year, averaging 7.80 in the league so far. He has found the net 5 times in 7+1 appearances, and hopefully he will be able to keep his rich vein of form going in the future.

KRAVPRA.png

June 2022

kacGEl3.png

More solid performances in the league, as well as progression to our second final in two seasons in the Faroese Cup. We continue our scoring streak, putting 4+ goals in four matches.

C9Vq7D2.png

We've now opened up an 8-point cushion at the top of league ahead of HB.

y9OBolZ.png

Ari Ólavsson Ellingsgaard has been in amazing form lately, averaging 8.00 in his previous 5 games. Over the course of the season he has managed to score 14 league goals in 10+1 appearances, as well as 4 assists.

awByqvU.png

Heartbreak in the Champions League 1st Qualifying Round as we are eliminated by just a solitary goal. Exceptionally proud to have run a team such as Dinamo as close as we did, but at the same time disappointed to have been so close to progressing to the second round!

jBVD2D6.pngFNRJaPr.png

Of course, our Champions League debut had a nice impact off the pitch, with a new club record for highest attendance and gate receipts being set, along with the prize money for our participation

KRAVPRA.png

July 2022

aPc5WHF.png

July is probably the greatest month of my Faroese adventure so far, as after running Dinamo close in the Champions League qualifiers, agonisingly falling one goal short, we then faced Swedish outfit Djurgardens in the Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round. In the greatest 180 minutes in the club's history, we managed to overcome our far more illustrious opponents over the two legs, progressing 7-5 on aggregate, meaning we're now in the 3rd Qualifying Round, where we will face Slovan Bratislava.

We suffered the cursed European hangover in our following league game, capitulating to a 1-2 defeat against lowly KI, the poor performance adding to the defeat.

pw8iT4A.png

Despite the dropped points at the end of the month, we're still 7 points clear at the top, and looking strong - providing we can quickly put the shock defeat behind us.

KRAVPRA.png

De9lRPf.png

2022 is going to go down in history as one of our most incredible seasons! Amazingly, we've once again managed to eliminate much more prestigious opponents as we overcame Slovan Bratislava in the Third Round of Europa League qualifying!

Unbelievably, we are now just two matches - 180 minutes - away from the group stages of Europe's second competition.

In the Fourth Round we've been drawn against Rosenborg. I don't expect much - heck, even managing to progress this far is the stuff dreams are made of - but, over two games, who knows?

KRAVPRA.png

dXmisOw.png

The first leg was in Norway, and we managed to give ourselves every chance of progression.

Could the impossible be made possible?

I am genuinely nervous about the return leg. The prospect of making the Europa League Group Stage with FC Suðuroy is a fantastic achievement and would easily be the high point of FM18 so far!

90 minutes to go. And we're far from dead yet.

KRAVPRA.png

QCdtiop.png

Sadly it wasn't to be, and our European adventure comes to an end at last, falling just short of the Group Stages. We can be extremely proud of how we handled ourselves against bigger opposition, but I do wonder if it could be a while until we see such a run again.

6 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Shame to end just before the groups, but an incredible run none the less.

Cheers bud. It was a brilliant mini adventure, but one I fear will not be repeated for a couple of years.

KRAVPRA.png

August 2022

wGBoanJ.png

August was such a special month - we had the amazing run in Europe where we came agonisingly close to qualifying for the group stages of the Europa League, and then we had the Faroese Cup final, where we emphasised how much we've grown as a club as we demolished B36 9-1 in the final - a game not soon to be forgotten.

Very little league action, and we suffered another post-Europe hangover, losing 0-2 to Vikingur Gota.

Overall it was a very good month, and one that will live on in the memories of the fans for many years to come!

WWtqX4F.png

Confirmation of the current table. 5 points clear thanks to the dropped points, but we do still have a game in hand, so should be expecting to open that back up to 8.

6yWhKoh.png3KDmU7l.png

And here's the confirmation of our Cup victory, meaning we retain the Faroese Cup.

The victory also me elevated to iconic status at the club. Naturally looking to get that increased to Legend in the future!

J9MV9WW.png

I've gambled with the huge amount of money we received from Europe - and it may be one I come to regret. You see, turning Professional is seeing the club bleed money, and the European prize funds are what are keeping us afloat right now. However, appearing in the early qualification rounds and then being eliminated will mean we're only ever treading water, and barely covering the wage bill of our current players. I decided that if we want to get even further, and routinely challenge for the Group Stage appearance, then we need to make sure our players are as good as they can be. Hopefully the gamble will pay off, and the improved facilities can give our players that extra 5/10% when it comes to their development, which in turn may be what we need to take the next step.

I did consider saving the money and hoping for a bigger wage/transfer budget for next year, and trying to attract one or two (comparatively) big names to join us. If that didn't work though, we'd have been stuck with a bigger wage bill that the prize money and appearance money wouldn't cover, and we'd go back a few steps.

I guess time will tell.

KRAVPRA.png

Youth Intake 2022

p7Oew1F.png

For the first time since I arrived, we didn't see a 'golden generation' come through the junior ranks.

gxAVOCx.png

And I can see why. That is a fairly disappointing intake, but a few players will bet tagged and tracked to see how they progress.

OpTfLbc.png

Mortensen is the stand out from this year's batch, and he could be a pretty good striker. He's also good in front of goal, and has a decent first touch. I will want him to work on his passing to bring his abilities as an Advanced Forward up, but all in all, he's not half bad.

arW9UCB.png

Hansen is another striker, but a different type. He's tall, good jumping reach, and decent anticipation. With work, he could become a fairly decent target man and someone who can do a job if we're desperately chasing a game, or looking to close one out.

ewH13Gw.png

Last of all is Olsen. Not too excited about him, and can't ever see him making waves at our club. Perhaps at one of the mid-to-lower table teams, but certainly he's way off the standard we're now hitting.

KRAVPRA.png

2022 Season Review

R7dKrkk.png

A decent end to the season, even if we did hit a little inconsistency at one point. Despite that, the title was never in doubt, and we went on to secure our second league title in as many years, comfortably finishing in top spot.

f2PKNYA.png

Seven points clear of second place, and once again we shall start our European campaign in the Champions League 1st Qualifying Round. A very good season, with plenty of goals scored, and perhaps more pleasingly, reduced goals against, with only Vikingur having a better defensive record this season.

E3phR9x.pngU178l0r.pngaJGYfNa.pngHJC8FvR.pngd1VNZyI.png

Looking ahead to next season, the board have set the initial budgets at:

3Ax5r17.png

Archived