Sports Interactive Community
keysi

FM18 Short Throw-In Routine

18 minutes ago, craigd84 said:

really good, may have to implement this in my 4-4-1-1 formation, reckon my AMC should be the short option?

Just take a look at his attributes for this role when you add him to this position. If you will have central defender with better attributes he should be here :)

@Coolio5 I don't use the long throw-in routine as I don't have good enough player(s). I use almost the same free kicks but I tried free kick with the Far Post delivery in combination with Best Header delivery as the Far Post delivery was very successful not only with Corners (http://www.thehighertempopress.com/?p=17710) but I think I need to edit free kicks when I will have enough time. 

but I use many same things as in previous versions...

Problem is in the lower leagues, I'm lucky to find anyone with a long shot attribute that high, so I think I'm just going to throw it short, fool around, and hope it exploits something.

@ReMeDy I agree with you about this. I started in 2nd Hungarian tier in FM18 and there is only one player who has Corners & Free Kicks attributes higher than 10 and he is also the one who is set as Lurk Outside Area because he has Long Shots - 9 but he also has a good technique and decisions attribute so he is the best for this role. 

but I use this also with Werder Bremen in the save I started in Beta version and there are much better players for all set pieces...

This is my corner routine(defend).I don't concede many.3 players on Zonal marking,2 players on man mark duty and then in order to hit the opposition on the counter I have my creative player on lurk outside and my main strikers ready to feed off of him.It does work,maybe 3/4 goals up till January.Most important though is that we almost always get any ball headed away by defenders and start a counter.

jM9dhNl.jpg?1

@axehan1 If it works, it's perfect. I like to use counter corner routines. I know some my friends use almost the same setup as you with two players up front. I don't have too good players right now in my save so I stick with only one player outside the area and one player up but the idea is the same to have there creative player and the fastest up

I scored this one two days ago when I played for the last time 

https://i.gyazo.com/41af2ec68d1d87b0b2b8d7e0b81ae003.mp4

I'll try with your setting Keysi. You seem to have put effort into this and I'll give it a try, since my RB with long throws 18 keeps throwing the ball straight into the keeper's hands with no teammate remotely in that area.

Is it really a glitch? I don't score loads of goals via this routine. For me it's just a better way to display your players on the pitch than the default routiner, which barely puts anyone in the penalty box.