Countering 4231 for 18.2 – Bournemouth 2nd, 103 League Goals

I don't stress about this, what suits your squad.

I retrain all my forwards to use both feet anyway.

Bear in mind, anyone with a starting 2nd foot of weak/very weak cant be trained passed 'reasonable', but I make sure all my forwards are at least reasonable on their weaker foot.

6 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Hi Gauvner,

Protecting a lead probably better off leaving the mentality alone but you can change the Full backs to defend duty. Should help you shut up shop :thup:

Cheers! Fingers crossed it helps my leaky defence! 

9 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

I don't stress about this, what suits your squad.

I retrain all my forwards to use both feet anyway.

Bear in mind, anyone with a starting 2nd foot of weak/very weak cant be trained passed 'reasonable', but I make sure all my forwards are at least reasonable on their weaker foot.

Thanks. I'm starting in the Scottish League Two, so quality players are hard to come by. I'll get the best I can and not worry about the feet.

I was drawn to this tactic mainly because it's a very "normal" looking tactic which after scouring the forums all you seem to find is asymmetrical this and 3 at the back 3 up top that... So far it's working great with Sheffield Wednesday. The only thing I wasn't liking was being caught with my pants down over committing players to the attack. Pretty simple fix in my opinion. Switched the Fullbacks to Support and I find an even better balance. I would much rather score 2 goals and keep a clean sheet than score 4-5 and concede 1-2. That's just my personal preference. but then again don't take away the fact that you do still score quite a few but just concede a hell of a lot less.. Great tactic. Keep up the good work. :)  

12 hours ago, karl b said:

hey

good too see you back

ive got all 3 of your tactics downloaded and ready too use, but which is better...

this, oathkeeper or oathbreaker. 

Hi,

I use this one, 3 strikers is a bit 'gamey' this year, you'll see more authentic football from the 4231.

results using mainly this tactic though dipped into Oathbreaker once id won title too see how it went...

the most frustrating loss was 4-3 too Burton who had averaged less than a goal a game then scored 4 against my defence which is best in league :seagull:

Sky Bet Championship_ Overview Stages.png

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, sparkysrovers said:

Anyone including Mr Rosler know if this is working on 18.2.2

working brilliantly for me as Liverpool still.  I have got quite a good team build now though so that will help.  I won everything there was to win last season only lost 2 games all season (that includes all the cups and eurpoe which I won) using this tactic.  Set all kinds of records......

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, paul7875 said:

is this any good for 18.3

There were no match engine updates in this update, so all tactics work the same way as before.

I don't think there were any match engine changes on the update before that either - they tend to not have many/any changes to the ME on xx.2 and xx.3 patches. If your results change, it's due to other reasons.

On 27/12/2017 at 09:17, Mr U Rosler said:

Hi,

I use this one, 3 strikers is a bit 'gamey' this year, you'll see more authentic football from the 4231.

Oathkeeper was a stand out tactic for me :applause:. I use it in my Monopoli save. I switched to it after my first season then back to back promotions into Serie A and I narrowly missed out on the Europa League with a team on players from Serie C & B.

Now the winter update is out I'm starting a youth only save with Forest and this 4231. Like you say the 3 striker formations dont real right. 

Do you look to train up certain PPM's?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 23:49, sparkysrovers said:

Simply Simply Loveleh - 2 league titles in a row with this League One and the Championship with Blackburn and feck all money too. Love the footy this tactic plays, great job Rosler

Thanks Sparky,

I've a 532 which is working even better for me although its a bit hard to judge with the team of kids i'm building at Stockport, Inverted Wingbacks on Attack running beyond my Strikers :brock: 

On 12/03/2018 at 14:08, Mr U Rosler said:

Thanks Sparky,

I've a 532 which is working even better for me although its a bit hard to judge with the team of kids i'm building at Stockport, Inverted Wingbacks on Attack running beyond my Strikers :brock: 

I'm just about to start a new season in the Premier league if you want me to test it, drop me a PM otherwise I'll keep on going with the current formation. 

Le 12/03/2018 à 15:08, Mr U Rosler a dit :

Thanks Sparky,

Hi Mr U Rosler , could you share your 532, I'm a big fan.

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 02:39, gmulv said:

working brilliantly for me as Liverpool still.  I have got quite a good team build now though so that will help.  I won everything there was to win last season only lost 2 games all season (that includes all the cups and eurpoe which I won) using this tactic.  Set all kinds of records......

any screenshots of players season stats with it?

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 07:17, dom.march said:

Hi Mr U Rosler , could you share your 532, I'm a big fan.

I've actually gone back to the 4231, it seems really solid this year and very consistent.

However, I now play the with the Full Backs on DEFEND duty which is a bit of a turn around.

Much better defensively whilst still scoring loads.

You obviously don't get the overlap and crosses from the byline, but you also don't get balls played in behind your full backs anymore which was always annoying.

Having a player with time and space seems significant this year, with Full Backs on Defend, they often get re-cycled ball in a LOT of space and can take there time picking a pass, often a cross field diagonal ball to the opposing inside forward so they still get assists.

Started off with a big win in the Premier League against one of the sides that came up with me, but then went on a run of 6 losses in a row and have started to pick up a few wins. Do you know when the coaches come to you before the match and suggest match preparation, do you go with their suggestion i.e. defensive positioning/attacking movement etc or just keep it on Balanced/Teamwork for the duration of the season? Just want to make sure there isnt much of a difference.

2 hours ago, sparkysrovers said:

Started off with a big win in the Premier League against one of the sides that came up with me, but then went on a run of 6 losses in a row and have started to pick up a few wins. Do you know when the coaches come to you before the match and suggest match preparation, do you go with their suggestion i.e. defensive positioning/attacking movement etc or just keep it on Balanced/Teamwork for the duration of the season? Just want to make sure there isnt much of a difference.

I always ignore assistant advice with regards to training and just use Balanced/Teamwork all season.

Partly because i'm lazy although I know balanced seems to yield the best results in terms of attribute development which is important to me as I always have young players with high potential in my squad.

There is a case for strong teams using attacking movement and weak teams (relative to level) using defensive positioning although i'm not sure its possible to accurately measure the difference this makes.

I think you can set your assistant to manage Match Training which would see him follow his recommendations without bothering you which is a pretty good option.

5 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

I always ignore assistant advice with regards to training and just use Balanced/Teamwork all season.

Partly because i'm lazy although I know balanced seems to yield the best results in terms of attribute development which is important to me as I always have young players with high potential in my squad.

There is a case for strong teams using attacking movement and weak teams (relative to level) using defensive positioning although i'm not sure its possible to accurately measure the difference this makes.

I think you can set your assistant to manage Match Training which would see him follow his recommendations without bothering you which is a pretty good option.

I suppose leaving the match prep to the assistant depends on how good he is too. I say this because for the first time ever I decided to hire a DOF, and a good one but the players he signs are woeful

On 3/20/2018 at 11:13, Mr U Rosler said:

I've actually gone back to the 4231, it seems really solid this year and very consistent.

However, I now play the with the Full Backs on DEFEND duty which is a bit of a turn around.

Much better defensively whilst still scoring loads.

You obviously don't get the overlap and crosses from the byline, but you also don't get balls played in behind your full backs anymore which was always annoying.

Having a player with time and space seems significant this year, with Full Backs on Defend, they often get re-cycled ball in a LOT of space and can take there time picking a pass, often a cross field diagonal ball to the opposing inside forward so they still get assists.

Was there any other instructions other than changing the full backs to defend duty from attack?

Archived