Job offers

teknotel

Not sure how this plays out at higher reputation clubs, but as a lower league manager doing really well and earning promotion and then doing well the following season I am literally offered three jobs a week. 

I have already raised my tedium with media interviews as they are too similar and sometimes you answer the same question two or three times in a interview exchange. You might answer the same set of questions every week, or at least it feels like that. So when you reject the job you get the same media questions every time and 9 times out of ten give the same answer. It really is boring and stupid.

What is really stupid is that you will be in the top half of a league you just got promoted into and the teams at the bottom are the ones asking you to be there manager. Now I can understand a massive club on hard times at the bottom asking in my situation but its not, its any team from bottom of my league to the championship and your kind of flooded with them eventually from everywhere.

I just think what would solve all of this and improve realism is once its clear you have reaffirmed your loyalty to a club only really big offers will be passed onto you. Like none in your division. Maybe also add in the ability for a manager to put it out there he is a looking for a new position and even specifically contact a club to get the wheels moving.

Just kind of spoils the realism for me and seems like something that could be corrected very simply.

Archived