Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
mikcheck

Scout - Determination or Adaptability?

Hello,

When you decide to bring a scout, besides CA and PA, you go for determination or adaptability? Which one is better?

Edited by mikcheck

I seem to remember reading somewhere that high adaptability helps scouts that are working abroad/not in their native country/continent, which makes sense, that's why I prefer higher adaptability ones. Not sure whether determination has any effect, apart from maybe attribute growth if the scout isn't at his full PA.

I also like my opposition scout to have adaptability and tactical knowledge as high as possible, although again I'm not sure whether it actually matters at all.

Thanks.

That makes sense.

I also wonder why I have a scout with 18 for CA and 20 for PA and gave me a report of a youngster with CA of 2 stars and PA of 4,5, but the truth is that he did not develop as I was expecting, which means that his PA was not that high and there was not much room for development, I ended up selling that player to a poor team, after 4 seasons in my team.

Why do scouts fail like this, is it normal? It's not the only case, I have many like that.

Edited by mikcheck

Isn't motivation and adaptability key for roaming scouts? Motivation to find these hidden diamonds in the rough.

1 hour ago, mikcheck said:

Thanks.

That makes sense.

I also wonder why I have a scout with 18 for CA and 20 for PA and gave me a report of a youngster with CA of 2 stars and PA of 4,5, but the truth is that he did not develop as I was expecting, which means that his PA was not that high and there was not much room for development, I ended up selling that player to a poor team, after 4 seasons in my team.

Why do scouts fail like this, is it normal? It's not the only case, I have many like that.

the stars are in relation to your team so if your team got better than when you first signed him his stars would not be as high

also the stars are not always to be taken for gospel as in real life players can fail to achieve potential, in FM this is can be due to hidden mental attributes

57 minutes ago, mikcheck said:

Thanks.

That makes sense.

Re. the highlighted part, it may not mean that at all.  Sure scouts can get things wrong, nobody is infallible, but equally player development is neither guaranteed nor linear.  The player in question could be a late bloomer.  Maybe his personality is holding him back.  Maybe something is up with your training program.  Your facilities and coaches might have an impact.  Is he getting enough relevant match time.  Long term injuries?  Has he been unhappy for an extended period?  There is much more to it than possibly his PA not being that high.  If you have many players that aren't developing that might indicate something else is up rather than your scouts / coaches being wrong.

Also, it's important to understand that the star rating given for "Potential" is nothing to do with the hidden PA value.  It's actually something called Perceived Potential Ability ("PPA") and it's based off a player current ability.  In essence, it's your scout (or coach) looking at a player's current ability and thinking "this kid looks good.  If he's this good this young he must have a lot of potential", and so your scout gives him lots of stars for his potential ie., his PPA.  Sometimes the scout is right and he does have a lot of potential, sometimes the scout is right in that he does have good current ability but then gets it wrong because the kid is about as good as he'll ever be.

Thank you both!

@herne79  then I think it's always a better idea to go by our instinct and not so much by the scout?

Edited by mikcheck

8 hours ago, LordKaivalya said:

But how does low adaptability affect his scouting reports?

it doesnt. Adaptability dictates how fast a scout can gain knowledge when you send him to a country he is not familiar with.