Football manager 2009 demo

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UK has already put their clocks back correct? In US we put them back tomorrow morning so US differences now are 4 hours East Coast and 7 hours West Coast.

I am in California and time now is 10:30am.

This means that GMT demo release time of 23:00 will equate to 16:00 my time (Saturday evening)

• SI Staff
so Miles,

are you at the office at the moment?

how are you spending your time until the clock hits 11? :)

I'm in my home office, and dealing with lots of people all over London via MSN, telephone and email to co-ordinate it all, as there are so many people involved.

And I am spending my time playing Lego Batman currently.

Yes, pretty ****ed off that Steam is useless to us in the USA as we can't even get the Football Manager demo when it's released. Why will WWSM never succeed? Because it's treated as a second rate product and its target market gets shafted each year. Why wait for WWSM when we can just get FM?

I'm in my home office, and dealing with lots of people all over London via MSN, telephone and email to co-ordinate it all, as there are so many people involved.

Miles do you play FM much at home ??? If yes on what sort of pc are you playing it on....just out of interest

Sounds good to me - I still think I'll wait 'til the morning, though.

From experience on numerous occasions, pre-loading & installing from Steam the instance that a game is released has led to overloaded servers. I remember having to wait ages to play Bioshock when it was released, because almost everybody was trying to download & install the game at the same time and Steam couldn't cope.

In saying that, that was a while ago so maybe that particular issue has been since addressed. Only time will tell?

Lego batman so rocks lol its much better than the other lego games

may i say great work as usual miles :D

God am like a kid at christmas lol sooooo cant wait till 11pm lol :D

if you buy a physical copy of the game ( im getting mine from Play :) ) can you still download the updates/patches from Steam, or can you only do that if you download it from there?
working, taking an FML break :) come to Lineker :mad:

you come to fowler lol

and i believe yes you can get stuff from steam if you buy an actual game from elsewhere

Feel free to send me the torrent - first name @sigames.com

Thats great news! Ive just been down Roots Hall to support my local club (Southend Utd) for the first time in years! Front row = incredibly cold and very wet, and is now the reason i have a stinking headache! And Southend arnt even my first team lol good game though! Anyway, im happy i can console myself with the demo an hour earlier on this horrid rainy night (make up for not going out for a drink i guess! Cheers Miles and SI!

• SI Staff
Miles, can you let me know if I'm correct in thinking this?

Yes, in theory. As long as it all works, you'll be fine.

Miles do you play FM much at home ??? If yes on what sort of pc are you playing it on....just out of interest

Yes, I do play a lot of FM at home. And I play on a machine which isn't supported (a laptop) - a Dell Precision M90. It's about 2-3 years old.

if you buy a physical copy of the game ( im getting mine from Play :) ) can you still download the updates/patches from Steam, or can you only do that if you download it from there?

Yes, you can get updates from Steam with a phsyical copy of the game.

send they a mail as soon as we can download the demo?

or as from which site do have download we this demo?

I had also learned that you can a half season play with the demo are correct?

and as soon as you the orginele can cd play installed you then ordinary further of the season which you played with the demo?

and is it now at 23 o'clock or at 24 o'clock Belgian time

data update?! Surely that wont be relevant until january robterrace?

The data within the files is constantly updated, I've got released players to contend with, as well as tweeking of player abilities and other club info (a lot of it depends on the feedback received from those people who play as Forest in the demo).

Whereas I'm still trying to get bits and pieces sorted for the first FM2009 Data Update.. :(

hey rob, you need a hand, drop me a line on MSN mate :) though i imagine a lot of subtracting is in order atm :( still, bring on Derby :D

send they a mail as soon as we can download the demo?

or as from which site do have download we this demo?

I had also learned that you can a half season play with the demo are correct?

and as soon as you the orginele can cd play installed you then ordinary further of the season which you played with the demo?

and is it now at 23 o'clock or at 24 o'clock Belgian time

I think I know what you are saying, News Of the World website has vanilla version, while Gameshadow, Steam and BitTorrent has Strawberry!

You do get half of a season, yes!

When you get the full game you can carry the season on,

Edit: Miles what about the person that claimed it is available on Steam in Finland, presume that is fake?

hey rob, you need a hand, drop me a line on MSN mate :) though i imagine a lot of subtracting is in order atm :( still, bring on Derby :D

I'm just having a bit of time out of the data stuff at the moment and actually looking forward to having a decent go on the demo.

Of course, I'll be watching the match tomorrow.. :)

Archived