FM-18 The Giant 70 Challenge (Requires claassens Mega Pack)

21 hours ago, TheEarl said:

Made a Facebook page for 17-version. Will update it , and figure out how to make a group chat there if people wanna join that is....

I'll join mate. Could see who on here would join too

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KabweWarriorslogo.jpg      flag-wave-250.png

2026 Half Season Review

End of Season Review Pt 1     End of Season Review Pt 2     End of Season Review

League Table     League Results     Zambian Cup Results

Brazil Results

Having taken over Kabwe mid way through the season it was a matter of just consolidating our place in mid-table - which we achieved with a mix set of results. We also reached the semi finals of the cup before being knocked out 4v1 by Red Arrows. Next season should hopefully be better as I will have a chance to bring in my own players.

On the international scene, it's been a difficult start. We lost on penalties in the Superclasico to Argentina in what was a very even game, before losing at home to Mexico in a friendly. Next year will see the Copa America, we have been drawn in a group with Chile, Ecuador and Mexico B. FA expects us to win the competition so no pressure there....

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Cont. Achievements            | Trophies won                   | Notes                        |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017    | Labasa           | 1st         | N/A                           | League Title                   | Won 3/4 domestic cup comps   |
2018    | Vaivase-Tai      | 6th         | N/A                           | Samoan Cup                     | N/A                          |
2019    | Vaivase-Tai      | 1st         | N/A                           | League Title                   | N/A                          |
2020/21 | Waitakere Utd    | 1st         | N/A                           | League Title                   | N/A                          |
2021/22 | Waitakere Utd    | 2nd         | O-League Winners              | League Title, O-League         | N/A                          |
2022/23 | ES Zarzis        | 2nd         | N/A                           | Tunisian Cup                   | N/A                          |
2023/24 | ES Zarzis        | 2nd         | ACL (ongoing)                 | None                           | N/A                          |
2025    | Interclube       | 1st         | Qualified for ACL             | League Title, Angolan Cup      | N/A                          |
2026    | Interclube       | 1st         | Knocked out group stage ACL   | Angolan Super Cup              | Resigned Jul 2026            |
        | Kabwe Warriors   | 7th         | N/A                           | None                           | Appointed Aug 2026           |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team        | Tourn. qual          | World ranking  | Trophies won  |
----------------------------------------------------------------
2017    | N/A         | N/A (no team)        | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |
2018    | N/A         | N/A (no team)        | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |
2019    | Fiji U23    | Pacific Games        | N/A (U23 side) | N/A (no team) |
2020-22 | N/A         | N/A (no team)        | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |
2023/24 | Uzbekistan  | WCQ ongoing          | 40th           | None          |
2025    | Uzbekistan  | Knocked out of WCQ   | 36th           | None          |
2026    | Uzbekistan  | N/A                  | 55th           | None          | *Resigned Aug 2026
        | Brazil      | N/A                  | 4th           | None          | *Appointed Aug 2026

TROPHIES WON

4/25 League Titles (3/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 1/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
3/25 Domestic Cups
1/9 Continental Club Trophies (O-League)
0/1 Worldwide Club Trophies
0/7 Continental International Trophies
0/3 Worldwide International Trophies

TROPHY LIST

2017: Fijian National Football League (Labasa)
2018: Samoan Cup (Vaivase-Tai)
2019: Samoan Premier League (Vaivase-Tai)
2020/21: New Zealand Premiership (Waitakere Utd)
2021/22: O-League (Waitakere Utd)
2022/23: Tunisian Cup (ES Zarzis)
2025: Angolan Championship & Angolan Cup (Interclube)

MANAGER STATS

License: Continental Pro
Earnings: £1.5M

Played: 312; Won: 225; Drawn: 46; Lost: 41; For: 782; Against: 296; Diff: +486; Win %: 72

5T00G3Q.pnglOlr8dQ.png

2019: Lautoka (Fiji) // Ivory Coast

Season Review | End of Year Awards

League Table | League ResultsCup Results

---

Ivory Coast Results | World Cup Qualifying Groups

At the beginning of the season, I thought it was going to go horrible and was already looking for an escape route. Two defeats in my first three games, then a O-League Group Stage exit followed by another defeat in the league and I thought I was out of the race. Little did I know everything was apparently about to click; we beat in-form Nadroga 3-0 and put together a string of big wins before the FA Cup started. We won every game in the tournament, beating the biggest club in Fiji, Ba twice along the way! Then immediately after we beat them in the league with an 89th minute winner to topple them and send us top after an awful start! My team kept going and we dropped only two points in the run in and became champions. Two more cup competitions ended the season but unfortunately we couldn't make it a quadruple; a penalty shootout loss in the semi-finals of one cup saw to that. I think the highest penalty rating on my team is 5. I ended up enjoying this season enough to renew my contract with Lautoka for another year, to have another go in the O-League and maybe win everything next year. Ideally, my next job will be in New Zealand, so I thought I might as well stay at Lautoka until something comes up. A few top-tier clubs in New Zealand have been asking for my players so hopefully the next step is just to ask for me and maybe I'll bring them with me!

On the international side of things, I briefly was the manager of the Maldives, although they'd already been eliminated from World Cup qualifying. I didn't manage them for a single game before I got the Ivory Coast job which was one of the vacancies after the African Cup of Nations. It's been generally a bad time in charge though, won my first game (just about) then drew two friendlies. I then got truly FM'd when I lost at home to Libya in the World Cup qualifiers to two goals from two shots on target, the second of which was in the 94th minute and came after my centre-back crossed the ball to their striker... They scored their only shot on target in the second leg too, but luckily we scored 6 to avoid an embarrassing early exit from qualifying. In the next and final round, my group is pretty difficult because only one team can qualify and I've been drawn alongside Ghana, as well as Gabon who are reasonably decent as well. Some of the other groups are kinda ridiculous in comparison (Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Zimbabwe, Tunisia or less so Burkina Faso, Kenya, Senegal, Uganda).

CLUB
Season  | Club             | Country         | League pos. | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017    | Solomon Warriors | Solomon Islands | 1st         | N/A                 | 1            |
2018    | Solomon Warriors | Solomon Islands | 3rd         | O-League QF         | 0            |
2019    | Lautoka          | Fiji            | 1st         | O-League GS         | 3            |

INTERNATIONAL
Years   | Team          | Tournament    | World ranking   | Trophies won  |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017    | Indonesia U23 | SEA Games     | N/A (U23 side)  | 0             |
2017-18 | Australia U23 | U23 Asian Cup | N/A (U23 side)  | 1             |
2018-19 | S. Korea U23  | Asian Games   | N/A (U23 side)  | 1             |
2019    | Maldives      | Left before managing a game                     |
2019    | Ivory Coast   | WC Qual.      | 50th (Nov 2019) | 0             |

TROPHIES WON
2/25 League Titles (2/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
0/25 Domestic Cups
0/9 Continental Club Trophies

TROPHY LIST
2017: Telekom S-League (Solomon Warriors)
2018: AFC Under-23 Championship (Australia U23)
2018: Asian Games Football Tournament (South Korea U23)
2019: Vodafone Fiji FA Cup Tournament (Lautoka)
2019: Galaxy Premier League (Lautoka)
2019: Inter-District Championship

MANAGER STATS
License: National C License, Studying for National B
Earnings: £81K

Played: 99; Won: 67; Drawn: 16; Lost: 16; For: 222; Against: 97; Diff: +125; Win %: 67

Erakor GS

O-League

1718oleague_zpsbjnvkbya.png

The O-League went as could be expected. I performed well in the group stage but the two New Zealand teams were to much for me.

a few month have past now and I've still haven't seen a good job to chase. I'll keep looking but it seems like I will at least start the second season with Erakor

So after leaving 'Ba' with one Oceanic League Title Under my belt, I holidayed a while and was fortunate to get accepted for a job at 'Koloale' who were the Solomon Islands winners for the season just gone - this also gave me a 'free shot' at the O-League as that competition starts way before the new Solomon Islands season.

During my first attempt at the O-League I found what appears to be a small bug either within the 'Classen Pack' or the main game itself - wherein it wouldn't let me pick my squad to enter the O-League ? I holidayed for a day to get around the screen so not great problem. I failed miserably in the O-League, stupidly over exerting my players with friendlies to near the fixtures in attempt to get them fit for the competition (as we'd had no league games prior). I finished bottom of the group - but the runners up from the Solomon Islands (Mairist Fire) made it to the final losing 1-0 over two legs to a Eastern Suburbs (a New Zealand team)

The league itself was a two horse race from the 1st game with us going into the last game 1pt ahead of Mairist Fire and facing them away in our last game of the season -  so after being beaten by them in the reverse fixture I set up pretty defensively with the hope of snatching a draw. We held out valiantly then just after the re-start we were awarded a penalty and went 1-0 up which left us in an excellent position, they pulled back an equaliser in the 78th minute but we capped a fine performance in the 4th minute of injury time by nabbing a 2-1 victory.

So mark up the 2nd Oceanic Title .... I then decided to stay for the O-League which kicked off at the end of February (the season had finished at end of December) this time we fared better - but even though we played better than last time we still failed to make it out of the groups stages (Drawing 2 and Losing 1 of our Group matches) - the winners were again Eastern Suburbs from New Zealand (beating a team from New Caledonia on penalties after a 2-2 agg score in the final).

So resigning from Koloale I looked for a move to New Zealand - with aim of winning a 3rd Ocaeanic League Title and hopefully the O-League in the process.

Applying for the first job that came up in the Premiership I ended up at 'Hawkes Bay' who had finished 6th the previous season and appear to have financial problems, so this may be a longer stay to achieve what is necessary 

CLUB

Season	|Club			|Country			|League		|Continental Challenge		|Other
2017	|Ba			|Fiji				|-		|				|None	
2018	|Ba			|Fiji				|1st		|				|None
2019	|Koloale		|Solomon Islands	        |-		|Grp Stage			|None
2020	|Koloale		|Solomon Islands	        |1st		|Grp Stage			|None			

A small question about the rules of the challenge:

when in charge of an international side is it allowed to assume the duties of the U-23 team and compete for the olympics that way or do you have to be offered the job specificaly?

I was planning ahead my carreer in my head today, to see which leagues I want to load in the future etc, when the thought came. Depending on the answer I might prioritize certain jobs over the others.

6 hours ago, karax268 said:

A small question about the rules of the challenge:

when in charge of an international side is it allowed to assume the duties of the U-23 team and compete for the olympics that way or do you have to be offered the job specificaly?

I was planning ahead my carreer in my head today, to see which leagues I want to load in the future etc, when the thought came. Depending on the answer I might prioritize certain jobs over the others.

You can definately take charge of the U23 side while managing the full side, as this is part of the game.

Portland

Supporters ShieldWestern Conference PlayoffsMLS Cup FinalResults 1 Results 2Squad Stats 1 Squad Stats 2Transfer History Trade History

Finally I have managed to finish the season off and it turned out a lot better than I could have ever imagined. When I arrived the squad was in a mess with the club over spending on wages and no room for me to move and add some much needed players. I was able to save a lot of money by getting rid of Blanco and Mabiala. By trading them to other MLS teams it meant that I could bring in 4 foreign players on a free transfer, promote 2 youngsters from the academy and also recall and register the backup goalkeeper. 

After taking over I said that my initial aim for the season was to target the US Open Cup. That failed miserably as I rested a lot of my starters and stupidly thought that the players coming in could beat lower league team Cincinnati. Oh well, next season once I can bring in my own players and can add some much needed quality depth players. 

The league however was a different story. We would end up winning 16 out of the remaining 23 games, including a 10 game winning run which really moved us up the table. Towards the end of the season we had a couple of big injury's which looked like it was going to threaten all our good work, but thankfully the team rallied and we ended up winning it all. The 2 conference games were relatively easy, the 4-2 away leg against Colorado put us in a commanding position that we didn't let slip. The key to the Conference Final against Dallas was the 3-0 first leg. We didn't allow them a single shot at goal and thankfully we were able to score enough goals that would allow us to be comfortable in the 2nd leg despite a late scare.

The MLS Cup final was all going fantastically well for 77 minutes. We were 2-0 up and cruising until Atlanta scored their goal. After that it was all one way traffic but thankfully we managed to score on the counter to finish off the game and be crowned MLS Cup Champions.

We are now entered into the North American Champions League, with the 1st Round coming on the 1st February. I didn't realise that it happened so quickly but it will be very interesting to see how we get on. I would imagine that I would be here this time next season, but I really need to get the US Open Cup won this year. I wont be making the same mistake as last season, my best squad will be playing every game.

Not long after the season, a few Asian international jobs opened up after the Asian Cup. I was offered the choice of Japan or South Korea. I chose South Korea and have therefore added their leagues to the game. They will join at the end of the season hopefully in time for the 2024 Olympics where I will be the manager.

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Continental qual.   | Cont. Achievements  | Notes                        |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017    | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes                 | Wasn't in it        | Entered Oceanic Hall of Fame 
2018    | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes                 | O-League Finalists  | Won the Melanesian Cup, Left after League Season 
2019/20 | Auckland City    | 1st         | Yes                 | O-League Winners    | Won the Charity Cup, Left after O-League Win
2020/21 | Alajuelense      | 1st         | Yes                 | Wasn't in it        | Won the Closing Stage, Qualified for Champions League
2021    | Suva             | 1st         | Yes                 | Already Eliminated  | Won the Domestic Treble. Left after the Season
2022    | Portland Timbers | 3rd         | Yes                 | Wasn't in it        | Won the MLS Cup, Qualified for Champions League

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team     | Tourn. qual   | World ranking | Trophies won  |
2017-18 | N/A      | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2018-19 | N/A      | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2019-20 | N/A      | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2020-21 | N/A      | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2021-22 | N/A      | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2022-   | S. Korea | 

TROPHIES WON

5/25 League Titles (3/3 Oceania (Solomon Islands, Fiji & New Zealand)0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 2/3 CONCACAF (Costa Rica, USA), 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
0/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

2017:   Telekom S-League      (Solomon Warriors)
2018:   Telekom S-League      (Solomon Warriors)
2019-20 ASB Premiership       (Auckland City)
2019-20 O-League              (Auckland City)
2020-21 Closing Stage         (Costa Rica)
2021:   Galaxy Premier League (Fiji)
2022:   MLS Cup               (USA)

MANAGER STATS

Earnings: £250K

Played: 148; Won: 115; Drawn: 20; Lost: 13; For: 522; Against: 193; Diff: +329; Win %: 77

5T00G3Q.png

Mid-2020: Lautoka (Fiji)

Lautoka Results

I have managed to find a job in New Zealand, so I have left Lautoka mid-season and here's a mid-season update. I was in pole position for another league win despite another poor start, and managed to leave with another trophy under my belt. The Champions League was much better than last year, we got to the semi-finals but unfortunately were pitted against New Zealand-side Southern, so the final was always a long shot. We ran them kind of close, drawing away and losing by only a goal in the second leg, but we were never THAT close for qualifying. Although we led away from home for a while. Highlight was an absolutely insane 8-4 win against KOSSA.

I've joined Tasman in New Zealand's highest division, but I'm starting to think I should have waited for another team, because they're finances are atrocious, and the players are all divas. When I joined I had someone angling for a move to a bigger club, and when I wasn't going to give him it I upset the squad. So I sold him, and upset them all again for weakening the team. Then one of them wanted a new contract, but I couldn't give him the desired wages because the club doesn't have any money, and well...

P95HArr.png

I can only hope death's sweet release comes soon enough.

CLUB
Season  | Club             | Country         | League pos. | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017    | Solomon Warriors | Solomon Islands | 1st         | N/A                 | 1            |
2018    | Solomon Warriors | Solomon Islands | 3rd         | O-League QF         | 0            |
2019    | Lautoka          | Fiji            | 1st         | O-League GS         | 3            |
2020    | Lautoka          | Fiji            | 1st*        | O-League SF         | 1            |

* - Position when left role, league unfinished.

INTERNATIONAL
2019-   | Ivory Coast   | AFCON Qual.   | ^37th (Aug 2020 | 0             |

TROPHIES WON
2/25 League Titles (2/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
0/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST
2019: Inter-District Championship (Lautoka)
2020: Vodafone Fiji FA Cup Tournament (Lautoka)

MANAGER STATS
License: National A License
Earnings: £175K

Played: 127; Won: 88; Drawn: 20; Lost: 19; For: 296; Against: 129; Diff: +167; Win %: 69

Erakor GS

2018-2019 season review

As the new season neared without a suitable job offer I set myself to the task of defending my titles.

The PVFA Cup was lost to Amicale in the final 2-1. Amicale, my angstgegner of the first season and it turned out also for the second season. 
The melanesian super cup was a disaster. With many key players away on international duty our performance was woefull. I forgot to take a screenshot but I think we ended up 3th (of 4)
The league went smoothly howerver. We topped the table early on and didn't let go of our small lead. this meant we had home advantage for the playoff semifinal. Amicale, of course, had secured second place and would be our oponent. The game was intense, eventually going to extras and penalties after that. Amicale shot them better than us and went on to the final. We had to go through Siaraga to meet them there and through them we did 7-0. The final against Amicale was almost a copy of the semi final. This one to went to penalties and this time we won that lottery. We retained the league!

PVFA shield and O-league came next. The shield didn't bother me. I used it to prepare my boys for the O-league. Indeed in the first match of the group we lost to, who else, Amicale. another draw in the last match let us sneek through to the semis, after which we didn't meet any serious threaths. Nonetheless, it took extra time to dispatch Tafea in the final.

The O-league went as well as the year before. we improved our QF spot with a SF, but mainly because we avoided Auckland in the QF.

PVFA Cup results

PVFA Shield

League table League results

O-league

Montenegro U-21

2018 review

Not much to say. When I was hired they were 5th in the qualifying stage. At the end we were fourth, and no where near qualifying.

Whats next?

Nearing the end of the season I negotiated a contract with Nadroga from Fiji. They were gracious enough to led me finish the season with Erakor. They are nearing midseason now and the club is sharing the top spot, so I'm hoping I can capitalize and stay as short as possible in fiji.

Also, a week after starting with Nadroga i was aproached by Congo to manage the NT. Their previous manager left after failing to qualify for the cup of nations. My task with them will be to qualify for the Chan and after that for the WC

CLUB

Season  | Club       | League pos.    | Cont. Achievements | Other Trophies won                       |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
2017-18	| Erakor GS  |2nd(won playoff)| Q/F O-League	   |PVFA Cup,PVFA Shield, Melanesian supercup |		
2018-19 | Erakor GS  |1st(won playoff)|	S/F O-league	   |PVFA Shield				      | 

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team         | Tournament               | World ranking  | Trophies won |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------    |
2017	| N/A	       | N/A		          | N/A	           | N/A	  |
2018	| MontenegroU21| Euro U-21 Qual.(4th)     | N/A	           | No	          |

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles
1/25 Domestic Cups

What are the six continents classed as? I was taught seven in school (Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, South America, Antarctica, Australia/Oceania) so before I start could someone clarify this as don't want to get the wrong leagues loaded up.

1 hour ago, coreytst said:

What are the six continents classed as? I was taught seven in school (Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, South America, Antarctica, Australia/Oceania) so before I start could someone clarify this as don't want to get the wrong leagues loaded up.

In football there is no teams from Antarctica, so scrap that continent. Then Oceania is a continent, but in football Australia plays in Asia.

The right name should not be continent in football, sorry for that. It should be Confederation.

7 hours ago, coreytst said:

When starting a new game the leagues are sorted into their respective continents/confederations. Use that as your guide for what leagues you need for the challenge.

KabweWarriorslogo.jpg   flag-wave-250.png

2027 Season Review

End of Season Awards Pt 1     End of Season Awards Pt 2     End of Season Review

Brazil Results     Copa America Group Stage     World Cup Qualifying Table

An end to a very successful season - a domestic double and my first international trophy. The league came right down to the wire with Zesco. Having played all my games I was one point ahead, with Zesco away to Nkana in their final match. And it looked like they would steal the title as they took a 2v0 lead at half time. However drama was to follow; Nkana pulled one back after 76 minutes, and then in the 2nd minute of stoppage time Nkana equalised, enough to prevent Zesco from winning the title and giving it to me.

For Brazil, we started with a 3v3 warmup friendly against France before the Copa America started. The draw was very kind to us, and we strolled through as group winners. We then dispatched Paraguay 4v0 in the quarter finals and Ecuador 5v1 in the semi finals. The final was against Argentina, and despite being on the back foot for much of the game, we made the most of the few chances we created, Gabriel Jesus scoring the winner.

World Cup qualifying is now under way and we top the group with 4 games played - the real challenge will be the matches against Argentina.

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Cont. Achievements            | Trophies won                   | Notes                        |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017    | Labasa           | 1st         | N/A                           | League Title                   | Won 3/4 domestic cup comps   |
2018    | Vaivase-Tai      | 6th         | N/A                           | Samoan Cup                     | N/A                          |
2019    | Vaivase-Tai      | 1st         | N/A                           | League Title                   | N/A                          |
2020/21 | Waitakere Utd    | 1st         | N/A                           | League Title                   | N/A                          |
2021/22 | Waitakere Utd    | 2nd         | O-League Winners              | League Title, O-League         | N/A                          |
2022/23 | ES Zarzis        | 2nd         | N/A                           | Tunisian Cup                   | N/A                          |
2023/24 | ES Zarzis        | 2nd         | ACL (ongoing)                 | None                           | N/A                          |
2025    | Interclube       | 1st         | Qualified for ACL             | League Title, Angolan Cup      | N/A                          |
2026    | Interclube       | 1st         | Knocked out group stage ACL   | Angolan Super Cup              | Resigned Jul 2026            |
        | Kabwe Warriors   | 7th         | N/A                           | None                           | Appointed Aug 2026           |
2027    | Kabwe Warriors   | 1st         | Qualified for ACL             | League Title, Zambian Cup      | N/A                          |

INTERNATIONAL

2026    | Uzbekistan  | N/A                  | 55th           | None          | *Resigned Aug 2026
        | Brazil      | N/A                  | 4th            | None          | *Appointed Aug 2026
2027    | Brazil      | Copa America         | 1st            | Copa America  |

TROPHIES WON

5/25 League Titles (3/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 2/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
4/25 Domestic Cups (Samoa, Tunisia, Angola, Zambia)
1/7 Continental International Trophies (Copa America)

TROPHY LIST

2027: Zambian Premier League & Zambian Cup (Kabwe Warriors), Copa America (Brazil)

MANAGER STATS

Earnings: £3.3M

Played: 366; Won: 269; Drawn: 51; Lost: 46; For: 941; Against: 337; Diff: +604; Win %: 73

18 hours ago, markypark14 said:

KabweWarriorslogo.jpg   flag-wave-250.png

2027 Season Review

End of Season Awards Pt 1     End of Season Awards Pt 2     End of Season Review

Brazil Results     Copa America Group Stage     World Cup Qualifying Table

An end to a very successful season - a domestic double and my first international trophy. The league came right down to the wire with Zesco. Having played all my games I was one point ahead, with Zesco away to Nkana in their final match. And it looked like they would steal the title as they took a 2v0 lead at half time. However drama was to follow; Nkana pulled one back after 76 minutes, and then in the 2nd minute of stoppage time Nkana equalised, enough to prevent Zesco from winning the title and giving it to me.

For Brazil, we started with a 3v3 warmup friendly against France before the Copa America started. The draw was very kind to us, and we strolled through as group winners. We then dispatched Paraguay 4v0 in the quarter finals and Ecuador 5v1 in the semi finals. The final was against Argentina, and despite being on the back foot for much of the game, we made the most of the few chances we created, Gabriel Jesus scoring the winner.

World Cup qualifying is now under way and we top the group with 4 games played - the real challenge will be the matches against Argentina.

CLUB

2027    | Kabwe Warriors   | 1st         | Qualified for ACL             | League Title, Zambian Cup      | N/A                          |

INTERNATIONAL

| Brazil      | N/A                  | 4th            | None          | *Appointed Aug 2026

TROPHIES WON

5/25 League Titles (3/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 2/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)

TROPHY LIST

2027: Zambian Premier League & Zambian Cup (Kabwe Warriors), Copa America (Brazil)

MANAGER STATS

Earnings: £3.3M

Played: 366; Won: 269; Drawn: 51; Lost: 46; For: 941; Against: 337; Diff: +604; Win %: 73

Nice effort. First to pass 10 trophies, and first to pick up one with an International team. Also respect that you have played to 2027 already.

Update

So my African Champions League campaign with Kabwe Warriors went poorly. The preliminary round occurred during pre-season and we were drawn against former winner ES Setif of Algeria, and they proved too strong winning 4v2 on aggregate.

As a result I started to look for jobs elsewhere, preferably in one of the top African leagues so I can finally get this Champions League title in my trophy cabinet.

8GQk02P.jpg      200px-Masry.png

And with that I have arrived in Egypt, and taken over El Masry. The Egyptian season is underway, with 22 of 34 league games played. There is also the Egyptian Cup (which El Masry are in the quarter finals), and a Super Cup.

logo

Well the season with Hawkes Bay went far better than I expected !

Although we were in financial problems all year, it never really had much impact - they gave me a very good wage spend (and a rubbish transfer spend), but I picked up some decent free transfers and developed some good youngsters. Also in New Zealand I noticed my squad was very large, and I seemed to loan out many more players than I've ever been accustomed to. We seemed to have a plethora of DR's and I ended up loaning about 4 DR's out to other clubs for the whole season.

My season started at Away v's Auckland City and Home v's Eastern Suburbs - which on previous form I thought would be 2 of the most difficult games I'd face all season - so I was extremely pleased to start off my season with 2 Draws in the locker.

My seasons preferred formation was a 4-4-2 Wide set up having a dearth of midfielders but a couple of promising wingers and attackers - with a 4-1-4-1 set up to fall back on for the more challenging fixtures.

After the first 2 games I never really looked back in the regular season - having 1st place in the league tied up with 2 games to go, and not suffering a loss all season. Just dropping points in 6 Drawn Games. In the play-off Semi Final I faced Canterbury United and beat them fairly comfortably 3-1. The final pitched me against Eastern Suburbs who had finished 2nd in the League during the regular season and had beaten Waitakere United 2-1 in the other Semi-Final. During the main season we had drawn twice against Eastern Suburbs (1-1 at Home and 2-2 Away) so I expected another tight encounter and wasn't to be disappointed !

The pre match tactical info suggested they would line up with a 4-3-2-1 DM formation and a Standard Mentality and Flexible Team Shape - so being slight favourites I decided to set up with my favoured 4-4-2 Wide but with the same Standard Mentality and Flexible Team Shape.

After 6 minutes they took a 1-0 lead and I had to re-visit my set up ..... I decided to go more offensive changing to a Control Mentality but tightening up the Team Shape a little by changing to structured. The plan worked to a tee ! 'Bismark Idan' my AF levelled the scores on 15 minutes, with Nick Shitabee putting us 2-1 up in the 24th and 'Pike' Salway (soon to be named League Player of the Season) having us further ahead on 34 minutes, leaving us sitting pretty with a 3-1 lead at half time.

At half time I changed a couple of faces in the defence and set out for the second half with same formation etc as the first ...... then it all began to unravel, the extended highlights I use during play had been increasingly showing Eastern Suburbs attacks and then they hit back with a quick fire double in the 54th and 60th minutes !! making the game all square on 3-3 with them seemingly in the ascendency. At this point I noticed a comment during commentary which said something indicating that Eastern where taking a less attacking approach .... so it looks like I'd missed the change in their formation putting them into a more attacking mentality which had obviously led to the 2 goals.

So happy that they had reverted back to their previous mentality I kept the Control/Structured set up that had served me so well in the first half hoping that it would again come good in the latter stages. Full Time 3-3, chances for both sides in the first 15 minutes of Extra Time but no chances converted into goals - we missed an open goal from 6yds out, and they also messed up badly from 6yds choosing to pass when the easier option was to shoot and score. Then 4 minutes into the second half of extra time I got the goal I'd been hoping for with (young player of the year) David Imray netting from 10yds !!. I quickly put my team into a Counter/Structured set up and was happy to see the remaining 11 minutes pass without any real threats on my goal.

We won the Play Off 4-3 aet -what a cracking good match.

Now for the 'O' League .......

CLUB

Season	|Club			|Country			|League		|Continental Challenge		|Other
2017	|Ba			|Fiji				|-		|				|None	
2018	|Ba			|Fiji				|1st		|				|None
2019	|Koloale		|Solomon Islands	        |-		|Grp Stage			|None
2020	|Koloale		|Solomon Islands	        |1st		|Grp Stage			|None	
2020-21	|Hawkes Bay 		|New Zealand 			|1st	

I've been playing a lot, but keep forgetting to get the right screenshots. So a quick update now and I hope I remember to keep this more up to date in the future

A prove of claims, for those wondering: Prove of claims

Nadroga 2019

I joined the side when the were joint first with 6 games to go in the league. I wanted to do a quick grab and dash, win a championship in half a season and move on to the next part of the challenge.
It was not to be. We won 3 of the remaining games, lost one and drew the others. At the end we were third. Cups were dreadfull, as we went out early in all of them.

Nadroga 2020

I used the off season to strengthen the team as much as possible, hoping to fight for the title this time. We did, we even led from start to finish. The lead was never more than 3 points so it was a tight race even so. The important part was done, the league, but the cups gave a little extra polish to the season. We won the Fa cup and the inter district championship.

Congo

Wether it's a dreadfull team or I just can't get them to click, I still don't know. fact is my reign as Congo NT manager has been disastrous. I'm managing them for almost 2 years now and I've been on the verge of sacking for all of it.

The B-team managed to get us qualified for the CHAN which the A-team got to play for some reason. We dropped out of the groupd stage, having scored only 1 point. The qualifiers for the African cup of nations was next. We were in it to the last game. We needed to win against Senegal, who had run away in the group. They dispatched us with ease. Leaving me only with the WC Qualifiers. At the moment I'm 2 games in and the story is the same. It doesn't look good. 

I've decided that I'll resign the job after the WC campaign. If the board doesn't beat me to it.

Next.

After winning the league in Fiji it was time to move on. In malaysia aa job came up with N. Semblian, who just got promoted to the top division. I aplied, they hired me. It will be the first fully professional club in my carreer.

CLUB

Season  | Club       |Nation	| League pos.    | Cont. Achievements | Other Trophies won                       |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
2017-18	| Erakor GS  |Vanuata	|2nd(won playoff)| Q/F O-League	   |PVFA Cup,PVFA Shield, Melanesian supercup |		
2018-19 | Erakor GS  |Vanuata	|1st(won playoff)|S/F O-league	   |PVFA Shield				      | 
2019    | Nadrogo FC |Fiji	|3th	         | N/A		   |None				      |  
2020	| Nadrogo FC |Fiji	|1st	         | N/A		   |Fiji cup, inter district championship     |	
2021	| N. Semblian|Malaysia	|				   |	                                   

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team         | Tournament               | World ranking  | Trophies won |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------    |
2018	| MontenegroU21| Euro U-21 Qual.(4th)     | N/A	           | No	          |
2019	| Congo	       | Chan Qual.(Qualified)    | 100	   	   | N/A	  |
2020	| Congo	       | Chan(out in GS)	  | 92		   | No		  |
2021	| Congo	       | WC Qual		  |		   | 		  |

TROPHIES WON

2/25 League Titles
1/25 Domestic Cups

Nice to see peoples updates.

Sorry for lack of updating leaderboards. I have been very busy, and will be for some time yet. I will pop in, and try to update from time to time.

My own game is in 2023, and its quite successful. I have tried to take screenshots of everything needed, but don't have time to write my actual updates. Expect somewhere in the future a massive update from me as I squeeze in some game time every now and then.

Best of luck to everyone, and nice to see people progress here.

1 hour ago, TheEarl said:

Nice to see peoples updates.

Sorry for lack of updating leaderboards. I have been very busy, and will be for some time yet. I will pop in, and try to update from time to time.

My own game is in 2023, and its quite successful. I have tried to take screenshots of everything needed, but don't have time to write my actual updates. Expect somewhere in the future a massive update from me as I squeeze in some game time every now and then.

Best of luck to everyone, and nice to see people progress here.

Don't worry too much, we all are busy from time to time. Thanks for starting this challenge and keeping it up to date. I haven't been this engrossed in FM in a long time!

On 13.1.2018 at 22:01, markypark14 said:

Update

So my African Champions League campaign with Kabwe Warriors went poorly. The preliminary round occurred during pre-season and we were drawn against former winner ES Setif of Algeria, and they proved too strong winning 4v2 on aggregate.

As a result I started to look for jobs elsewhere, preferably in one of the top African leagues so I can finally get this Champions League title in my trophy cabinet.

8GQk02P.jpg      200px-Masry.png

And with that I have arrived in Egypt, and taken over El Masry. The Egyptian season is underway, with 22 of 34 league games played. There is also the Egyptian Cup (which El Masry are in the quarter finals), and a Super Cup.

Remember that before you can wrap up Africa, you have to win the African Confederations Cup also (Their version of Europa League)

N. Semblian

2021 season update

A more proper update this time.
I took over in pre-season and for the first time in my carreer I had a real transferbudget to work with. I strengthened the promoted team and got ready for the season. 
The first few games were difficult as every team, including us, needed to figure out how good we were. In that opening stretch we dropped out of the first round of the Piala FA Malaysia against lower leaguie opposition. After that, things started to click and the results kept on coming while the closest teams kept losing points. At the halfway point we were 12 points ahead. Our form dropped after that but only to level of our rivals. N. Semblian wins the title!
During the second half of the season I was pleased to see another cup we had to play. The Piala Malaysia was.
The group stage was trickier than it should have been, but we got through. The KO phase saw one difficult matchup. In the end we lifted the cup and we celebrated a double

Cup results

League results league table

Congo 

The WC qualifiers are over and the less said the better. We were awfull.

WC Qualifiers GS

The new zealand job came up after that. I aplied but got rejected. I'll remain for now with congo. Unless a ffood job comes along. The chan is in a few months, I won't stand a chance but it seems wastefull not to try for it anyway.

What's next

I left N. Semblian after my contract expired. I'm sending out aplications but so far no luck

CLUB

Season  | Club       |Nation	| League pos.    | Cont. Achievements | Other Trophies won                       |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   |
2017-18	| Erakor GS  |Vanuata	|2nd(won playoff)| Q/F O-League	      |PVFA Cup,PVFA Shield, Melanesian supercup |		
2018-19 | Erakor GS  |Vanuata	|1st(won playoff)| S/F O-league	      |PVFA Shield				 | 
2019    | Nadrogo FC |Fiji	|3th	         | N/A		      |None				         |  
2020	| Nadrogo FC |Fiji	|1st	         | N/A		      |Fiji cup, inter district championship     |	
2021	| N. Semblian|Malaysia	|1st		 | N/A		      |Piala Malaysia	                         |          

INTERNATIONAL

2021	| Congo	       | WC Qual(4th in GS)	  | 120		   | N/A	  |

TROPHIES WON

3/25 League Titles
2/25 Domestic Cups

TF7ilvB.png lOlr8dQ.png

2020-21: Tasman United F.C. // Ivory Coast

League Table | Play-Off | Results

---

Ivory Coast Results (2020) | Cup of Nations Qualifying Table | World Cup Qualifying Table

Ivory Coast Results (2021) | AFCON Group 

Despite alienating myself from the entire squad as soon as I got there, my season with Tasman United was amazingly successful! I have no real idea how, but I think everyone just clicked with the tactic. We went on a phenomenal run, we almost went unbeaten. My players, despite apparently hated me, always responded to what I had to say and morale was always high. I think they're a tight knit group of players, and bonded by their hatred of me. Regardless, next season we're in the O-League. Finances are still awful, and we won't sign anyone, but I managed to get the majority of them to sign new contracts or activated extensions despite them all thinking they'd outgrown the club!

The Ivory Coast is a whole other story. We messed up the end of our Cup of Nations qualifying group, but I didn't really care, because I realised we were hosting it, and had qualified anyway. However, we surrendered the initiative to Ghana in the World Cup qualifiers, coming from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 in the 89th minute, only to concede again in the 93rd and 95th. To be honest, the players were starting to do my head in after that. When the Cup of Nations came around, we couldn't score to save our life, scoring three goals from 74 shots in our group, drawing two games and winning one. We were then drawn against Ghana again, who I think are comfortably the best team in Africa, and got knocked out. My position was then being questioned, and I know when to call it quits, so I resigned in disgrace.

So I'm unemployed internationally and will be sticking with Tasman for a go at the O-League, and then hopefully I can tick off Oceania, at least in terms of clubs!

CLUB
2020    | Lautoka          | Fiji            | 1st*        | O-League SF         | 1            |
2020-21 | Tasman United    | New Zealand     | 1st		   | N/A				 | 1            |

INTERNATIONAL
2019-21 | Ivory Coast   | CON, WCQ      | 41st            | 0             |

TROPHIES WON
3/25 League Titles (3/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
0/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST
2021: ISPS Handa Prmeiership (Tasman United)

MANAGER STATS
Earnings: £300k

Played: 161; Won: 108; Drawn: 30; Lost: 23; For: 365; Against: 163; Diff: +202; Win %: 67

Congo

CHAN 2020 Review

Being out of a club job helped with the NT job. For the first time in my time we played well. We went through a difficult Group stage, only losing to Egypt. In the Quarter final we faced Nigeria. The match was even, both sides working hard to find openings. Nigeria scored in the 82 minute. We equalized with a beautifull freekick in the 95th. Extra time didn't bring any chances and so we went to penalties. Nigeria took them better and went through to the next round, and on to win the cup.

I resigned at the end of the tournament, leaving the team with it's highest ranking since I became manager. 

Chan Results

What's next

My character can go on holiday for a few months. I got a job offer from Southend United, which i took gladly. I'm starting in pre-season in July. Meanwhile I'll keep my eye open for an interesting NT job. Maybe after the World cup something will come up 

CLUB

Season  | Club        |Nation	| League pos.    | Cont. Achievements | Other Trophies won                       |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   |
2017-18	| Erakor GS   |Vanuata	|2nd(won playoff)| Q/F O-League	      |PVFA Cup,PVFA Shield, Melanesian supercup |		
2018-19 | Erakor GS   |Vanuata	|1st(won playoff)| S/F O-league	      |PVFA Shield				 | 
2019    | Nadrogo FC  |Fiji	|3th	         | N/A		      |None				         |  
2020	| Nadrogo FC  |Fiji	|1st	         | N/A		      |Fiji cup, inter district championship     |	
2021	| N. Semblian |Malaysia	|1st		 | N/A		      |Piala Malaysia	                         |  
2022-23	| Southend UTD|N.Zealand|		 |		      |						 |        

INTERNATIONAL

2022	| Congo	       | CHAN QF		  | 86		   | No		  |

TROPHIES WON

3/25 League Titles
2/25 Domestic Cups

200px-Masry.png flag-wave-250.png

2028 First Half Season Review

League Table     League Results     Egyptian Cup Results

Brazil Results     World Cup Qualifying Table

Note 1: Egyptian Cup is still ongoing (currently at semi final stage) - will post a small update once it's finished

Note 2: Took over club on 13th March 2028

So my half season in Egypt is complete and it was been fairly successful. We managed to climb from 9th when I took over to 3rd which means we qualify for next years African Confederations Cup. However it needed a final day win and slip up from two other teams to achieve it. The cup is still ongoing, our quarter final win requiring a 121st minute goal.

Only two games played this year for Brazil, and both wins meaning we still top the qualifying group. Did have one friendly lined up against Belgium but it was cancelled - so there are no further games until the qualifiers in September.

EDIT: The Egyptian Cup is now over for me after a 3v1 semi final defeat to Police Union.

CLUB

2028    | El Masry         | 3rd         | Qualified for ACC             | None						      | Appointed Mar 2028           |

INTERNATIONAL

2028    | Brazil      | N/A                  | 1st            | None          |

TROPHIES WON

TROPHY LIST

MANAGER STATS

Earnings: £4.4M

Played: 383; Won: 281; Drawn: 54; Lost: 48; For: 981; Against: 356; Diff: +625; Win %: 73

My first FM since '16 and what a fantastic Challenge!! I have activated 152 leagues over the world, so it will be entertaining  :D also I have activated a lower league German file so I hope it works well, and if not.. I will restart a career game.

My first adventure will take me to Senegal.. ASC Generation Foot Dakar, Champion of last season gave me the opportunity to manage in Africa with a ambitious group.

5a6196ae89ec0_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-19um05_47_19.thumb.png.68685a00b6e93f11bcdf43aafd1b44e6.png

We have a great chance to win 2 domestic Cups in Senegal and we will be also in the title race, so it could be a tremendous first year! Im excited how difficult it will be and how long I will stay in Dakar. Also we have 3 U20 players from the country and they are more than decent.

2 hours ago, Patze said:

My first FM since '16 and what a fantastic Challenge!! I have activated 152 leagues over the world, so it will be entertaining  :D also I have activated a lower league German file so I hope it works well, and if not.. I will restart a career game.

My first adventure will take me to Senegal.. ASC Generation Foot Dakar, Champion of last season gave me the opportunity to manage in Africa with a ambitious group.

5a6196ae89ec0_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-19um05_47_19.thumb.png.68685a00b6e93f11bcdf43aafd1b44e6.png

We have a great chance to win 2 domestic Cups in Senegal and we will be also in the title race, so it could be a tremendous first year! Im excited how difficult it will be and how long I will stay in Dakar. Also we have 3 U20 players from the country and they are more than decent.

good luck with the challenge

3 hours ago, Patze said:

Nice to see someone else start in Africa. Good luck @Patze

:seagull::seagull::seagull::seagull: 

Disaster for my save file. While my computer was installing windows updates last night we had a power outage, and once we got power restored my computer had decided it didn't want to boot fully. Basically meant I have spent most of today doing a factory reset of my computer so all my files are gone - including all the save files.

Haven't decided what I want to do yet - may start again but in a different continent as I was enjoying this challenge.

logoimage.jpeg.67170de0ce3ddb15d96486916e3e5bcb.jpeg

So what a great 2nd season with Hawkes Bay United

The league form wasn't actually as good this year, whereas the financial situation wasn't an issue last season, this season they more than halved my wage budget and gave me hardly any transfer funds. So I struggled to recruit, as any decent free transfers wanted far too much in wages. I brought through a couple from the U-23's and managed to get a half decent loan player from Auckland City

But this season was more about the O-League - which starts at almost the end of the regular season.

I also looked to start my International Management career.

For International teams I looked at jobs available just after the African Nations Cup had finished, logically thinking that there would be a few management casualties after any such International competition - and having Africa ready loaded in prep for my next continental stepping stone. However much to my delight it appeared that New Zealand had had a torrid Confederations Cup and subsequently sacked their Manager of 5yrs on the back of those results.

So I applied for the New Zealand job, and a spate of African jobs as back-up - I was given the New Zealand position without even needing the distraction of an interview ! - and then to make the situation even better I find that my next two International matches are the Home and Away ties against Fiji in the final of the Oceania Cup - which I duly won with an 11-0 aggregate victory. I duly resigned 4 games later after being knocked out of the World Cup play-off qualifier by Chile.

With Hawkes Bay I eventually finished 3rd, losing 3 games in the season in the League, and lost in the Semi Final of the Play-Offs to Eastern Suburbs - Auckland City were back to their best this season winning the League season and the play-off final.

So then to the O League, we where given a remarkably easy group with teams from Tahiti, Papua New Guinea and Tonga -  I was long odds on for all 3 Matches and duly won all 3 scoring 12 goals and conceding only 2 in the 3 matches. In the 2 legged Semi-Final I managed to avoid Eastern Suburbs, who had also coasted through their group.(not sure if that was just luck or whether teams from the same nation can't meet until the final ?). We were pitched against the Fijian Champions - Suva, over 2 legs they were no match for us and we won 6-1 on aggregate. This meant we were to meet our league rivals Eastern Suburbs in the two-legged final.

In the domestic season against Eastern we had played them 4 times - winning at Home (3-2) and losing Away (0-1) in the league, and we had also lost in the Charity Cup final (0-3) and in the Play Off Semi-Final (0-2). The most recent of these was the loss in the play off Semi-Final, where I'd gone with a defensive 4-1-4-1 - as we were quoted as 10/1 outsiders - yet after the match I was criticised for using that formation instead of our more familiar 4-4-2 Wide. So as we were at Home for the first leg I decided to set up more attackingly using my 4-4-2 Wide formation, and Control mentality. My tactical change worked a treat -even though we went in behind 1-0 at half time - it was against the run of play. So I tweaked the mentality of my 2 wide players and gave a morale boosting Half Time team talk - which had the desired effect, we pulled level on 47 minutes and goals on 77 & 87 minutes respectively gave us a cracking 3-1 lead to defend in the away leg.

In the away leg I did set up more defensively and our team put in a wonderful performance - I never really felt like we would give up our first leg advantage, and although they went 1-0 up in the 76th minute, from a penalty, we always seemed to have enough to see the game out - and ended up winning the O League Final 3-2 on aggregate.

I am now about to resign from Hawkes Bay, and leave New Zealand heading west most probably to Africa (although I do still have Australian Leagues added as another option)

CLUB

Season	|Club			|Country			|League			|Continental Challenge	|Other
2017	|Ba			|Fiji				|-			|			|None	
2018	|Ba			|Fiji				|1st			|			|None
2019	|Koloale		|Solomon Islands	        |-			|Grp Stage		|None
2020	|Koloale		|Solomon Islands	        |1st			|Grp Stage		|None	
2020-21	|Hawkes Bay 		|New Zealand 			|1st			|None
2021-22 |Hawkes Bay 		|New Zealand 			|SF Play Off		|Won -O League

INTERNATIONAL

2021	|New Zealand	- Won Oceania Cup

TROPHIES WON

3/25 League Titles (3/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
0/25 Domestic Cups 
1/7 Continental International Trophies (Oceania Cup)

TF7ilvB.png

2021-22: Tasman United F.C.

End Of Season: Awards Pt. 1 | Pt. 2Review

League: Table | Play-offs | Results

O-League: Groups | Results 

A brilliant second season at Tasman United! We won the league even more convincingly, and are officially the best team in Oceania. I've finally earned the players respect, those asking for moves away have signed new contracts. The finances are still really bad, and to be honest, I don't really know how to fix them, but luckily the board isn't upset with me about it. 

The season started with a good win over Auckland City in the Charity Cup. It was a fairly close game in fairness, but set the season up well. For most of the season, we were neck and neck with our 'fierce local rivals' Canterbury City, and in the first meeting between us we couldn't hold on to a 3-1 lead to draw 3-3. We then won our next 9 of the last 10 of the league stage of the season. If you look at the stats part of my end of season awards, you can see one of my players, Hamish Crump, a relative wonderkid, got a remarkable 8.01 average rating for the season. In this run, he was putting in performances like assisting all the goals in a 4-0 win and scoring two and creating the rest in a 5-1 win. This league season was not without minor disturbances, as halfway through with one keeper playing for Fiji in the Pacific Games and the other seriously injured, I had the option of playing one of those generated ones when you don't have any eligible, so I had to play my left-back in goal. He didn't have a save to make in a 2-1 win, with their goal being an own goal. But the last two results I'm picking out from the league include a 2-1 win over Auckland City in the last game of the season. The goalscorer, Pickering, is someone I only just started using after I moved him up from the U23s. These were his first senior goals, including a 92nd minute winner! Then in the play-offs, after defeating Eastern Suburbs, we battered our local rivals Canterbury 6-0. Every single goalscorer is from the academy, Chris Smith the man of the match from last year's intake.

In the O-League, we (as expected) won all our group games, with a combined score of 14-0. Previously referred to Chris Smith scored a hattrick on his senior debut. We actually went behind briefly against AS Dragon in the quarters away from home, but won that leg 2-1, and went through 7-3 on aggregate. In the semi-finals, we were paired with Auckland City and went through with a 2-0 win away after drawing the first leg 2-0.  Then in the final, it was easier than the semis, an aggregate 5-1 win over the champions of Vanuatu, Tafea.

What next now Oceania is all done in terms of clubs? I'm not sure! I think I'll go to Asia, we'll have to see. I would like to go somewhere I could bring some of my players with me. I'll have to see what jobs crop up, but I've added a few leagues. As for the international side of things, the World Cup is being held in Australia this year, so we'll have to see who the casualties are, and maybe someone will take a chance! Although, maybe not after my poor time at the Ivory Coast.

CLUB
2020-21 | Tasman United    | New Zealand     | 1st		   | N/A				 | 1            |
2021-22 | Tasman United    | New Zealand     | 1st         | O-League Winners    | 1            |

INTERNATIONAL
2019-21 | Ivory Coast   | CON, WCQ      | 41st            | 0             |

TROPHIES WON
0/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST
2021: ISPS Handa Prmeiership (Tasman United)
2021: New Zealand Charity Cup (Tasman United)
2022: ISPS Handa Premiership (Tasman United)
2022: OFC Champions League (Tasman United)

MANAGER STATS
Earnings: £325k

Played: 192; Won: 133; Drawn: 34; Lost: 25; For: 447; Against: 187; Diff: +260; Win %: 69

Right, not been on any FM for a while so am gonna do the hotfix update to 18 shortly and if it improves the god awful lag I've had on it I'm gonna start this challenge, again lol hopefully the hotfix sorts my issues out. 

Love reading your updates lads! Keep up the good work

Southern Utd

Season review 2022-23

I took over in pre-season, wondering what i could do with the team. Not much it turned out.

for much of the season we were a few points out of the play-off spots but we could never go on a run of good form to make the leap. In the end we finished 8th. The board was happy with it though and offered me an extension.

Hawke's Bay came with a job offer at the end of the season, their manager left after have won the O-league. I considered taken the job but eventually decided to stick with Southern Utd

League table

CLUB

Season  | Club        |Nation	| League pos.    | Cont. Achievements | Other Trophies won                       |
2017-18	| Erakor GS   |Vanuata	|2nd(won playoff)| Q/F O-League	      |PVFA Cup,PVFA Shield, Melanesian supercup |		
2018-19 | Erakor GS   |Vanuata	|1st(won playoff)| S/F O-league	      |PVFA Shield				 | 
2019    | Nadrogo FC  |Fiji	|3th	         | N/A		      |None				         |  
2020	| Nadrogo FC  |Fiji	|1st	         | N/A		      |Fiji cup, inter district championship     |	
2021	| N. Semblian |Malaysia	|1st		 | N/A		      |Piala Malaysia	                         |  
2022-23	| Southern UTD|N.Zealand|8th		 | N/A		      |None					 |
2023-24 | Southern UTD|N.Zealand|		 |		      |						 |        

INTERNATIONAL

2022	| Congo	       | CHAN QF		  | 86		   | No		  |
2023	| N/A	       |			  |		   |		  |

TROPHIES WON

3/25 League Titles
2/25 Domestic Cups

@karax268 @TheEarl thanks mates!

5a64d97e9228e_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-19um05_47_19.png.6a97bc5d9c5d467370fa2cc40bcb541f.png

ASC GÉNÉRATION FOOT DAKAR 2017/2018

Pre-Season: 

5a64db1c8bd1c_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-21um19_22_45.thumb.png.799b87450bb3eabed7767359d73c84c9.png

We started good against lower reputation clubs and the players and they adopted my 4-2-3-1 with retain possession especially when the whole squad was against me. Then we had our first big fixture of the season and it ended in a miserable 3-4 loss in penalties so we lost the chance to win the Super Cup but for the challenge it was unnecessary and we managed to get the Third Place, so it's a little note in my young manager career.

First Half of Season:

5a64dc416aa29_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-21um19_29_33.thumb.png.2a1f095c9042d24c552614e468c987da.png

For my big surprise we started phenomenal and got 5 straight wins in the first 5 games so it went all perfect. The team scored many goals and Cheick Sabaly(18) and Lamien Guéye(20) were brilliant additional with the likes of Malick Cissé(23) and my new-signing Abel Mendy(30) from league rivals Guédiawaye. After a long break and a tough loss that we lost Cheick Sabaly to Boavista Porto for only 93.000 € we had good-playing opponents and we got knocked out of the AFC Champions League Preliminary Round, but it was not a surprise against a stronger side like SC Ismaily it is. Now we putted the little bad run to an end and it looks good in both cup competitions and in the League.

Senegalese First Division

5a64de9a00b0d_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-21um19_40_09.thumb.png.1c2cadeed52e1e16aa8d779b2701ba2d.png

Transfers

5a64df1409b23_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-21um19_42_00.thumb.png.bc10550d8bd5ff1191ae9a77a91c170d.png

Starting 11

5a64df7da5a49_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-21um19_43_43.thumb.png.0bbf62ccc70eb4e01b90c1528883d35c.png

CLUB

Season  | Club  | League pos. | Continental qual. | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won | Notes            |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-18 | ASC Génération Foot Dakar | 1st | Yes (1st in League)| CAF CL Preliminary Round | League Title, League Cup, Senegalese Cup |3. Place Super Cup |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team | Tourn. qual   | World ranking | Trophies won  |
2017-18 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles
2/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

2018: Senegalese League Cup(ASC Génération Foot Dakar)
2018: Senegalese First Division(ASC Génération Foot Dakar)
2018: Senegalese Cup(ASC Génération Foot Dakar)

CONTINENTAL LEAGUES LIST 

1/3 Africa
0/3 Asia
0/3 Oceania
0/3 South America
0/3 North America
0/3 Europe

Oh my... I never thought it would be going so well in my first season. We were 7 points away from the 1. with only 7 games to play so it was very very close but we had a fantastic win strike in the last games and the guys gave it all to achieve anything this season. Then we had a marvelous final against Stade de Mbour in the Senegalese League Cup and we won brilliantly 4-0. And even it was not enough we had to play against them in the other Cup final and after a crazy 11-10 penalty shootout in the semi final I knew we bring the trophy to Dakar and so we did with a 3-1 win and secured the Triple in Senegal. My contract will expire in 2 months and they didn't offer me a new one so I think I will move on because we would be too weak to challenge in the CAF Champions League. I had good moments in Senegal and enjoyed it a lot so maybe one day when I'm near to finish the challenge I will come back to ASC. May in the future when I manage in Europe I can sign a talented guy from this club and help them financial. So now the big question is.. where should I go? I will apply to all First Division Clubs over the world so the first one will be accepted.

League Table 2017/2018

5a6561dd63c90_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-22um04_59_16.thumb.png.b1756431700bf435034270bd4065866e.png

League Cup

5a656350ec3f3_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-22um05_05_54.thumb.png.d957e77e7d8830b9724c93b23185c46e.png

Senegalese Cup

5a65712334661_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-22um06_04_22.thumb.png.7808b1949014b9f104e399d33d816d5d.png

So I just realised before the season start that the Trinidad team I had taken over is not in the top tier of Trinidad football (one of the reasons I took the job) - doh!

So went back to my game creation save and have chosen a top tier job - this time in Surinam.

4HUDiGZ.jpg     OuvQtPfm.png

A 7,200 km journey from Edinburgh to the Surinamese capital of Paramaribo to take charge of SNL - the Surinamese army team.

OuvQtPfm.png

Season 2017-18 Review

End of Season Awards     End of Season Stats     End of Season Review

League Table     League Results     Surinamese Cup Results

First season and it's off to a fantastic start with a domestic double. The league season started well and it soon became clear the title battle would be between myself and WBC. We swapped places back and forth for quite a while before I held the top for a few weeks by 1 point. Things swung in my favour in the second meeting against WBC where I came out 3v1 winners and managed to maintain the lead enough to win the league with a couple games to spare.

As for the cup, we were almost in the headlines for the wrong reasons in the first round with lower league Boma Star taking us all the way to penalties. Any complacency from that match was avoided in the second round where we dispatched another lower league side. It was then SVB Topklasse sides from there on out, and in the semi finals we were drawn against WBC. A very close match went all the way to penalties where we prevailed 3v1. In the final, a goal either side of half time gave us one hand on the trophy before Transvaal pulled one back. However two yellow cards in two minutes for one of their players ended any comeback hopes and we scored in the final 10 minutes to seal the double.

I'm going to move onto somewhere else now, as the CFU Championship doesn't count towards the 70 trophies - shall be interesting to see what jobs are available.

o4NKaP1.jpg     Zd1zKlR.jpg    fnkACGX.jpg     pp0FCEp.jpg

After a tremendous triple in Senegal I resigned and wanted to move on but it was a bad time to resign because every team had a new manager a couple of days ago and then I decided to take the newly promoted Stella from Ivory Coast and it was a horrible decision so I resigned once more after 6 Games and 5 Losses with only 2 Goals from my Team. Meanwhile I had the chance to manage the U23 from China for the Asian Games Football Tournament 2018 and it went well until we met North Korea in the quarterfinals and they beat us 0-2 and my journey in China was over. 

After a couple of weeks I had an offer from Canada and now the Serbian White Eagles Football Club are my new team..quite funny it is because im Croatian ^^ But no Cups and with only 8 teams in the League it will be funny to deal with it. 

@Patze great effort in Senegal. Good luck in Canada.

@markypark14 gutted to hear about your problems with the savegame. Happy you have restarted though, and hope you will continue your success in the new game. I will keep your score for the old game until you catch up as you are still currently the "leader" of this years challenge.

@karax268 hope you can turn things around in New Zealand.

Next stop in my latest adventure:

0OgZbo5.jpg    independiente.jpg

A 2,700km journey from Surinam to Panama to take on CA Independiente.

@TheEarl Panama has one of these leagues split into two stages - an opening and closing stage. Teams play each other twice in the opening stage, the top four qualifying for a champions semi-final/final. Same happens in the closing stage. So for the challenge, do I need to win just one of these stages or do I need to finish top in the overall league table (opening and closing combined)?

Archived