FM-18 The Giant 70 Challenge (Requires claassens Mega Pack)

Congrats @eliseo on winning with Solomon. Will be interesting to see how you get on in Fiji.

Congrats @oohlala111 getting the Auckland job makes things so much easier. You don't really have to worry about building the squad for a few years as you should be able to win the O-League and Premiership in the first season. The big question really is where to go after?

Congrats @markypark14 on the cup win in Samoa. The league looks brutal though with only 11 games. Do you think that you will stick it out there and try to win the league or end up moving to another country?

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TheEarl said:

Will have to write more tomorrow, but now I am starting to experience crash dumps also. Once when applying for a job, and the second time probably when I got a new job :(

That's when I kept getting them mate, very annoying. I've gone back to 17 for the time being and gone for the hexagon challenge until I can confidently play 18 without any issues. Don't want to commit to something long term if I am having to save after every match

432936.png     fiji-flag-country-nation-union-empire-3c

Season Review 2019

End of Season Awards Pt 1        End of Season Awards Pt 2      End of Season Review     

League (Winners)

My second attempt at the short league season ended up with becoming champions, however it came down to a final day title decider between myself and Lupe, the opposition being top of the table by 1 goal going into the game.

League Table                                  Results                         Title Decider

Samoan Cup (Group Stages)

The defence of the cup didn't go as planned, with several draws in the group stages meaning we missed out on the semi finals on goal difference to Lupe.

Group Stages

International - Fiji U23 - Pacific Games

During the summer, teams who featured in the Pacific Games advertised for manager to take charge for the duration of the tournament. I was successful with my application with Fiji, drawn against New Caledonia, Tahiti and Vanuatu. It started poorly with a 2v0 defeat to Tahiti, however we sneaked a 1v0 win against Vanuatu before finishing the group with a 4v4 draw against New Caledonia. Unfortunately, we were pipped to the semi finals on goal difference, however instead we progressed to the Olympics Qualifying Semi Final where we faced New Zealand. As you would expect, the Kiwi's were too strong and thrashed us 4v0.

Group Stages           Olympics Qualifier

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Continental qual.   | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won | Notes                        |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017    | Labasa           | 1st         | N/A                 | N/A                 | League Title | Won 3/4 domestic cup comps   |
2018    | Vaivase-Tai      | 6th         | N/A                 | N/A                 | Samoan Cup   | N/A                          |
2019    | Vaivase-Tai      | 1st         | N/A                 | N/A                 | League Title | N/A                          |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team      | Tourn. qual   | World ranking  | Trophies won  |
----------------------------------------------------------------
2017    | N/A       | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |
2018    | N/A       | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |
2019    | Fiji U23  | Pacific Games | N/A (U23 side) | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

2/25 League Titles (2/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
1/25 Domestic Cups
0/9 Continental Club Trophies
0/1 Worldwide Club Trophies
0/7 Continental International Trophies
0/3 Worldwide International Trophies

TROPHY LIST

2017: National Football League (Fiji)
2018: Samoan Cup (Samoa)
2019: Premier League (Samoa)

55 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

That's when I kept getting them mate, very annoying. I've gone back to 17 for the time being and gone for the hexagon challenge until I can confidently play 18 without any issues. Don't want to commit to something long term if I am having to save after every match

I got past it on the 3rd attempt. Luckily the save was just a few weeks back with no matches (inbetween season 1 and 2)

AS Lossl 2017 Review

League Table     Form

It was a rocky start as manager of AS Lossl, 3 losses in a row saw me lose ground in the title race significantly, and with only 22 games in a season I had some serious ground to make up. And make that ground up I did, 11 wins out of 11 in the second half of the season propelled me back into title contention. I managed to win the title on the last day of the season by goal difference at the expense of AS Magenta. In other competitions things weren't as exciting. I lost in the first round I was drawn in for the Coupe de Caledonie to AS Magenta. 

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Continental qual.   | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won | Notes                        |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017    | AS Lossl         | 1st         | N/A                 | N/A                 | League Title |                              |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team | Tourn. qual   | World ranking | Trophies won  |
2017    | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles (1/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
0/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

2017: Division Honneur (New Caledonia)

17 minutes ago, OneManSnipez said:

Anyone having problems with the lack of staff when loading a small amount of leagues???

Mine is so severe there isnt 1 assistant manager that wants to join my club...

Also only 27 people being interested in a transfer from all positions.

I guess that can happened when you load small rep leagues. I urge people to load a couple of similar rep leagues, and maybe "all players from nation" when people have small leagues loaded.

In my current league (will tell more about it later) I have a scout that is also assistant manager.  I find maybe only 2-3 ass.managers who wants to join, but they are not better than the scout. And that is with a large database, and some extra players loaded from that continent.

@OneManSnipez I had that when I loaded Samoa and joined a club there. I had no backroom staff and none showing up in search, so I had to poach the older players at other clubs and sign them as staff.

Sadly, I'm experiencing crash dumps now when trying to find another job. Not sure what is causing it so going to put my FM18 challenge on hold until I can get passed it. If not may just start on FM17.

5 minutes ago, markypark14 said:

Sadly, I'm experiencing crash dumps now when trying to find another job. Not sure what is causing it so going to put my FM18 challenge on hold until I can get passed it. If not may just start on FM17.

Did you try it with the new 18.2 version if its still the same?

If yes, then my solution was to save the game quite often during job application and it will work around sooner or later, for me it worked on the 3rd attempt.

7 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

Did you try it with the new 18.2 version if its still the same?

If yes, then my solution was to save the game quite often during job application and it will work around sooner or later, for me it worked on the 3rd attempt.

Thanks for the advice. I haven't downloaded the new update yet so will try it with that.

The Earl's Giant Quest Season 2017/18 Update

So its time for my first update. You already know the club and the journey from my home. But to remember you:

Club: Diambars FC

Diambars-logo.png.2b5383f71a7d345ab23d9606a04ca32f.png

Initial setup:

I loaded a lot of leagues from the start, as I was unsure of where to begin my journey. The leagues I loaded was more or less all of them only 1 Tier: Cameroon, DR Congo, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, England, Ghana, Honduras, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Senegal, South Africa and New Zealand. I have later dismissed a few of those.

This is how my manager looked at the start:

5a33ad79e42b2_Skjermbilde2017-12-12kl_07_07_09.thumb.png.53cf4cfa8118c1d20f339aceabc8eae1.png

The league started after a long waiting periode. It was a close race for a long time, but in the end we could win it comfortably. We also managed to win both the FA Cup and the League Cup after finishing the season on an amazing run.

This is the final league table

Part 1 Part 2

As you can see we won the last 16 matches in a row in all competitions for a nice Treble Trophies in the first season.

I resigned from the club after the FA Cup final, and went for new hunting grounds. (I had to resign as it was more than 1 year left of my contract and other clubs could probably not buy me out.)

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Domestic Cup 1 | Domestic Cup 2   | Continental Cup   |                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 | Diambars FC      | 1st         | Winners        | Winners          | N/A               | 

INTERNATIONAL

2017    | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles (0/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 1/3 CAF (Senegal 2017/18), 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
2/25 Domestic Cups (1 individual nation) 2017/18 Senegal FA Cup, 2017/18 Senegal League Cup

TROPHY LIST

2017/18: Senegal First Division (Diambars FC)
2017/18: Senegal FA Cup (Diambars FC)
2017/18: Senegal League Cup (Diambars FC)

Travelled distance: 6917km
Manager reputation: 25%
Coaching badge: Nacional A-License 
Fluent languages: Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, English, French
Total career earnings: 32K

OVERALL STATS

TOTAL

35 games - 28 wins - 4 draws - 3 losses - 99 goals for - 33 goals against - 66+ goal difference - 79% win percentage

Diambars FC

35 - 28 - 4 - 3 - 99 - 33 - (+66) - 79%

6 minutes ago, OneManSnipez said:

@TheEarl I like the inclusion of miles travelled, languages earnings and reputation. Might have to steal that aha.

Also does anyone know an easy way of visualizing miles travelled?

As long as it doesn't include air travel, I use Google Maps, but if its over water, then you need to figure something out.

@markypark14 - Congrats on winning the league in Samoa, and being the first I think to get an international job (I am trying!). Where to next? Possibly New Zealand to complete Oceania and get the Champions League?

@OneManSnipez - Well done on the league win. Are you going to stay for another year to try and win the domestic Cup?

@TheEarl - Really interesting to see somebody start in Africa, will be interesting to see which way your journey goes. Are you going to stay in Africa next? Love the detail you put into your end of post report, it looks fantastic.

------------------------------

1200885.png

Previous ResultsInitial Squad & Stats

Job_Offer.png

After waiting for a couple of months to see if I could get a decent job in either Fiji or Tahiti and complete Oceania but unfortunately it never came. I then decided that I would see if I could get a good job in a different continent instead of waiting for somebody to resign, retire or be sacked. Thankfully the opportunity arose to manage in Costa Rica at a very good club. Alajuelense are predicted to finish 2nd but are currently languishing in 7th place. There looks to be a decent core to the team, but there is a massive need to improve on attacking options. Before taking over I was offered the chance to change the current staff. They were terrible and had no doubt that I could replace them. Unfortunately, I found the same problem as others have found with there being a distinct lack of staff options available. Hopefully after the season more will become available.

I'm not 100% sure on the league setup etc and how it all works but there doesn't seem to be a domestic cup available, although I could be wrong. I can imagine that if I can sort out the problems with the squad then this could be a 1-2 season stay in Costa Rica. Having played in the MLS before I know that there is no realistic chance that this team can/could compete continentally so probably wont bother to stay at the club, solely for the Champions League, I would rather wait until I get to an MLS team.

I've also just realised that we have an affiliate link to Real Madrid. Hopefully I will be able to loan a few players from them, even though there not part of an active league. 

11 minutes ago, Watson156 said:

@TheEarl - Really interesting to see somebody start in Africa, will be interesting to see which way your journey goes. Are you going to stay in Africa next? Love the detail you put into your end of post report, it looks fantastic.

My next journey by land is some 4000km....

To be honest if I could choose, my trip would be something like: African nation 2, African nation 3, South Africa, Mexico, South America, Portugal/Holland, Big Europe 1,Big Europe 2, Big Europe 3, and then gradually start the "decent" 

But it will never go as planned, so I just take it as it goes...

6 minutes ago, OneManSnipez said:

Erghh bugs... For anyone else does ASEC not play in Ligue 1 in the Ivory Coast? And play is some obscure league in croatia?

I have seen some sort of bug like that in the job screen, but they DO play in Ligue 1 in Ivory Coast. They are also a team it should be possible to manage from the start as they dont have a manager. I played them in 17 and they are a good starting choice.

@Watson156 I managed Alajuelense in 17 and managed to win with them. Crazy league stuff in Costa Rica so watch out for all the games. You need to win the play off in the end of each section. (You dont have to win both sections, winning one of them counts as accomplishing the league.)

6 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

I have seen some sort of bug like that in the job screen, but they DO play in Ligue 1 in Ivory Coast. They are also a team it should be possible to manage from the start as they dont have a manager. I played them in 17 and they are a good starting choice.

Oh I know they DO play in Ligue 1 in the ivory coast. The problem is that they don't in my save, they play in some league in croatia even though i dont have croatia loaded.

BAD.PNG.ee930f1bd465a523f59e6d39558f8e59.PNG

1 hour ago, OneManSnipez said:

@Watson156 Nah mate already at my new club FC Port Moseby newly promoted to the Papua new Guinea top flight. Currently half way through the season of 10 games aha. Also what leagues in other continents have you got loaded?

At the moment these are the leagues that I currently have loaded. Am planning on doing South America & Europe last.

17 minutes ago, OneManSnipez said:

Oh I know they DO play in Ligue 1 in the ivory coast. The problem is that they don't in my save, they play in some league in croatia even though i dont have croatia loaded.

BAD.PNG.ee930f1bd465a523f59e6d39558f8e59.PNG

Had a look and it shows the same for me, so I started a new game with Croatia and Ivory Coast loaded and ASEC were definitely in the Ivorian Ligue 1, so perhaps it's just a visual glitch of some sort.

2 minutes ago, markypark14 said:

Had a look and it shows the same for me, so I started a new game with Croatia and Ivory Coast loaded and ASEC were definitely in the Ivorian Ligue 1, so perhaps it's just a visual glitch of some sort.

Yeah it shows ASEC winning the ligue 1 in the latest season but not showing in the league table, really really wierd

20 hours ago, TheEarl said:

I got past it on the 3rd attempt. Luckily the save was just a few weeks back with no matches (inbetween season 1 and 2)

I tried again and got to a second interview before the crash, I've actually given up for now, back to 17 for the foreseeable.

3 hours ago, OneManSnipez said:

Anyone having problems with the lack of staff when loading a small amount of leagues???

Mine is so severe there isnt 1 assistant manager that wants to join my club...

Also only 27 people being interested in a transfer from all positions.

I'm haiving the same issue on 17, in Fiji and half way through second season the advert I put out for an assistant manager has had zero applicants and when I go on staff search there's none appearing.

1200885.png

Opening Stage FixturesOpening Stage TableClosing Stage FixturesClosing Stage TableFinal Phase TableLeague TableChampions Table??

So this was initially very strange. After taking over and looking at the team I did see a bit of potential but I didn't expect to be able to do what we did. I actually think that taking over when I did was very beneficial. I played the 3 remaining games of the Opening Stage and then we had 2 months off while the playoffs were going on. During this time I was able to make a few transfers including getting a fantastic striker Borja Valdivia and a good young midfielder Antonio Blanco on loan from Real Madrid. These 2 really made the difference. Valdivia was a pretty reliable goal scorer which we didn't really have, while Blanco was able to be that link from defence to attack which we had also been missing. The other transfers included bringing in much needed bodies in defence and attack. The players that either weren't good enough or moaned about not playing. Haven't got time for that!

After winning the Closing stage we were told that we had qualified for the Champions League. If this wasn't a massive challenge and was a normal save then I would love to have stayed for that and to really try and improve this team both on and off the field, but like I said earlier there isn't much point trying to win the Champions League with this team, it simply wont be good enough to beat teams from Mexico or USA. 

So having won the Closing Stage and with no domestic cup to participate in (again) it's time to move on. ( @TheEarl Winning the Closing Stage does count as a league win doesn't it? I think that's what you said a bit higher but just wanted to check again!) There is currently an opening in the USA and the UAE. I'm not going to resign from Alajuelense unless I the potential new club can't afford the compensation. There isn't a clause in my contract so that shouldn't be a problem. 

* On a side note, I have currently got all leagues in Japan running, but nobody is appointing managers despite being 14 games into their season. Is anybody else having this? Might end up removing them if this carries on. * 

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Continental qual.   | Cont. Achievements  | Notes                        |
2017    | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes                 | Wasn't in it        | Entered Oceanic Hall of Fame 
2018    | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes                 | O-League Finalists  | Won the Melanesian Cup, Left after League Season 
2019/20 | Auckland City    | 1st         | Yes                 | O-League Winners    | Won the Charity Cup, Left after O-League Win
2020/21 | Alajuelense      | 1st         | Yes                 | Wasn't in it        | Won the Closing Stage, Qualified for Champions League

INTERNATIONAL

2017-18 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2018-19 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2019-20 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2020-21 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

3/25 League Titles (2/3 Oceania (Solomon Islands & New Zealand)0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 1/3 CONCACAF (Costa Rica), 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
0/25 Domestic Cups
1/9 Continental Club Trophies (O-League)

TROPHY LIST

2017:   Telekom S-League (Solomon Warriors)
2018:   Telekom S-League (Solomon Warriors)
2019-20 ASB Premiership  (Auckland City)
2019-20 O-League         (Auckland City)
2020-21 Closing Stage    (Costa Rica)

130061.png

Competition OverviewPrevious ResultsLeague Table

Job_Offer.png

Okay, so there has been a change of plan! A day or 2 after writing the update for the last season I came across a job offer that I couldn't pass up. Suva in Fiji had an opening and it offered me the chance to go and complete Oceania. We are currently 3rd in the league after 8 games, and we are expected to win it. Suva is the team that I was hoping would have been open after Auckland but it wasn't to be. I've only got a 6 month contract and I am hoping that is all I will need to win the league. 

I am also finally managing a team that plays in domestic cup competitions! Unfortunately, there is only 8 teams involved so it makes no difference to the challenge. They wont be targeted over the league.

@Watson156 winning the closing stage DO count. You didn't have to play and final play off match right? (I guess that happends if there is a different winner in closing stage and final league table, but you won both)

Sorry that you didn't play any cups yet in any of your nations, but a nice start. Strange to see you go back to Oceania though, do you lose reputation as manager or does it stay the same? (I would guess Costa Rica is much higher rep than Fiji, and I have experienced going down in rep before)

9 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

@Watson156 winning the closing stage DO count. You didn't have to play and final play off match right? (I guess that happends if there is a different winner in closing stage and final league table, but you won both)

Sorry that you didn't play any cups yet in any of your nations, but a nice start. Strange to see you go back to Oceania though, do you lose reputation as manager or does it stay the same? (I would guess Costa Rica is much higher rep than Fiji, and I have experienced going down in rep before)

From what I can tell at the moment (might need to go back and check) but it seems that my reputation has stayed the same, although I have just won the Fijian FA Cup so that may have boosted the reputation a little. 

I really didn't plan to go back to Oceania, but I didn't get the job in UAE or USA, so when I saw this available then I thought why not!

WU_web_logo.png

Season 2020/21 Review

End of Season Awards Pt 1       End of Season Awards Pt 2     End of Season Review       

League (Winners)

The league was a roaring success, winning 16 of our 18 games (an opening day draw against Tasman and a 4v3 defeat to reigning champions Auckland City being the only blips in an almost perfect season). We had to rely on penalties to beat Team Wellington in the semi finals before edging Auckland City 1v0 in the final. However, I'm unsure of qualification for the OCL, as Auckland City were chosen as random to qualify so not sure if my title gets me a place or not - shall find out next season.

League Table                         Results

CLUB

2017    | Labasa           | 1st         | N/A                 | N/A                 | League Title | Won 3/4 domestic cup comps   |
2018    | Vaivase-Tai      | 6th         | N/A                 | N/A                 | Samoan Cup   | N/A                          |
2019    | Vaivase-Tai      | 1st         | N/A                 | N/A                 | League Title | N/A                          |
2020/21 | Waitakere Utd    | 1st         | N/A                 | N/A                 | League Title | N/A                          |

INTERNATIONAL

2020/21 | N/A       | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

3/25 League Titles (3/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
1/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

2020/21: Premiership (New Zealand)

MANAGER STATS

License: National A
Earnings: £35.5K

Played: 88; Won: 62; Drawn: 12; Lost: 14; For: 182; Against: 88; Diff: +94; Win %: 70

130061.png

League TableResultsSquad StatsEnd of Season Review

So my 6 month contract is nearly up and I have done everything that I needed to do here. We should have won the league easier but a poor 2-2 draw early on against Lautoka, looked like my time here was going to be for nothing. Thankfully the scheduling gods were on our side as we played our nearest rivals Rewa & Ba in our last 3 games. Thankfully we beat them both which meant the league was ours.

We won 2 of the 3 domestic cups that we were in, which was nice but ultimately didn't make a lot of difference. We should really have won all 3 of them but a poor lackadaisical performance against Ba meant we couldn't.

It would be very easy to stay here and potentially win the O-League as these players are easily the best in the league, and a lot better than my earlier Solomon Warriors team that made it to the final. However, it is time to look for my next team which wont be in Japan. I have decided to remove the Japanese leagues. They have finished the league season, and not one team in any league has appointed a manager. It is far to unrealistic for me and it also slows the game every time I try to look on the Job Security page. To replace Japan I have decided to add China and also add Mexico and Panama in North America.

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Continental qual.   | Cont. Achievements  | Notes                        |
2017    | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes                 | Wasn't in it        | Entered Oceanic Hall of Fame 
2018    | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes                 | O-League Finalists  | Won the Melanesian Cup, Left after League Season 
2019/20 | Auckland City    | 1st         | Yes                 | O-League Winners    | Won the Charity Cup, Left after O-League Win
2020/21 | Alajuelense      | 1st         | Yes                 | Wasn't in it        | Won the Closing Stage, Qualified for Champions League
2021    | Suva             | 1st         | Yes                 | Already Eliminated  | Won the Domestic Treble. Left after the Season

INTERNATIONAL

2019-20 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2020-21 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

4/25 League Titles (3/3 Oceania (Solomon Islands, Fiji & New Zealand)0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 1/3 CONCACAF (Costa Rica), 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
0/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

2017:   Telekom S-League      (Solomon Warriors)
2018:   Telekom S-League      (Solomon Warriors)
2019-20 ASB Premiership       (Auckland City)
2019-20 O-League              (Auckland City)
2020-21 Closing Stage         (Costa Rica)
2021:   Galaxy Premier League (Fiji)

MANAGER STATS

License: Continental A - Studying Continental Pro
Earnings: £89K

Played: 117; Won: 93; Drawn: 17; Lost: 7; For: 421; Against: 143; Diff: +278; Win %: 79

@Watson156 congrats on wrapping up Oceania club part of the challenge. Guess you will not go back there?

If you wanna find out the percentage of your reputation: Go to your manager overview page (not history) , you find your attributes there, the first should be Reputation. Hover the mouse over the bar that indicates the rep, and it should appear a box that tells you the percentage ;)

WU_web_logo.png

Season 2021/22 Review

End of Season Awards Pt 1      End of Season Awards Pt 2           End of Season Review    

League Table                League Results  

Charity Cup Final

O-League Group Stages      O-League Semi Final Leg 1    O-League Semi Final Leg 2    O-League Final Leg 1    O-League Final Leg 2

A very successful second season with Waitakere started with a penalties win in the Charity Cup over Auckland City. The league campaign was more of a struggle this season, as with last season we only lost one game but we had more draws this season and finished second overall. We beat Tasman in the semi final before having another penalties win over Auckland City in the final to secure the league title.

The Oceania Champions League saw us comfortably win the group stages against teams from Tonga, Vanuatu and Papua New Guinea. The semi final was tough with us eventually beating Fijian champions Suva 3v2 on aggregate. Our third final of the season and it was Auckland City again that we faced, but this time penalties weren't needed as we won the first leg in Auckland 3v1 before holding them to a 0v0 draw at home to win the title.

So Oceania is now complete domestically, it's time to move continent. I'm thinking either Asia or Africa, depending on what jobs are available.

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won                   | Notes                        |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017    | Labasa           | 1st         | N/A                 | League Title                   | Won 3/4 domestic cup comps   |
2018    | Vaivase-Tai      | 6th         | N/A                 | Samoan Cup                     | N/A                          |
2019    | Vaivase-Tai      | 1st         | N/A                 | League Title                   | N/A                          |
2020/21 | Waitakere Utd    | 1st         | N/A                 | League Title                   | N/A                          |
2021/22 | Waitakere Utd    | 2nd         | O-League Winners    | League Title, O-League         | N/A                          |

INTERNATIONAL

2020/21 | N/A       | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |
2021/22 | N/A       | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

3/25 League Titles (3/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
1/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

2020/21: Premiership (New Zealand)
2021/22: O-League

MANAGER STATS

License: National A
Earnings: £50K

Played: 116; Won: 81; Drawn: 19; Lost: 16; For: 242; Against: 115; Diff: +127; Win %: 69

Auckland City 2019-20 Season Review

Results 1 | Results 2 | League Table |

Overall, my first season in New Zealand was very successful as I won the two trophies I was aiming for, the league and the O-League, as well as a very exciting Charity Cup match. As you can see, we took the lead in the 89th minute only to concede in injury time!! The resulting penalty shootout was the longest I've ever seen, ending 14-13 with the same player missing the two penalties for Team Wellington that cost them the shield! 

The league was a lot easier than I expected it to be as we cruised to first place in the main stage. In the semi-finals we eased past Canterbury United but instead of meeting Team Wellington in the final, as expected, we ended up facing off against Tasman, who had stunned Team Wellington with a 1-1 penalty victory. A simple 2-0 win over them saw us claim the league title.

In the O-League, we absolutely smashed our opposition in the group stage, scoring 15 and conceding only 1. In the semi-finals we drew Amicale and a 5-1 away victory set us up for a place in the final, even with a 1-1 home draw in the second leg. This time we did face Team Wellington, but would they get revenge for that Charity Cup defeat? Well, in the first leg we beat them 3-2 at David Farrington Park and we just had to avoid a 2 goal defeat at home to secure the title. In the end we did more than that- destroying them 5-1 and lifting the O-League title!

I think I'm going to stay at Auckland City for 1 more year, mainly to see if we can upset the odds in the Club World Cup, but if an exciting job comes up in Australia, Japan or China I may leave New Zealand for east Asia.

In international news I have applied for the job as Micronesia manager (I know, Micronesia!! :D) but haven't heard back from them yet. I have a feeling most international teams will reject me until I've enhanced my reputation further but I will keep applying just in case :) 

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Continental qual.   | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won | Notes                          |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-18 | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes (1st in League) | O-League semi-final | League Title | Entered Oceanic Hall of Fame   |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018-19 | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes (1st in league) | O-League groups     | League Title | Resigned from Solomon Warriors |
2019-20 | Auckland City    | 1st         | Yes (1st in league) | O-League WINNERS    | League, O-League, Charity Cup | None          |

INTERNATIONAL

2019-20 | N/A | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

2/25 League Titles (2/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
0/25 Domestic Cups
1/9 Continental Club Trophies

TROPHY LIST

2017-18: Telekom S-League (Solomon Islands)
2018-19: Telekom S-League (Solomon Islands)
2019-20: New Zealand Premiership, Charity Cup, O-League (New Zealand)

UPDATE

I have resigned from my job at Auckland City to take charge of a new club. The club is in Oceania (even though I said previously I'd go to Asia next) and it is a good chance to secure my third and last league title needed in Oceania. I'm in Fiji, and I'm managing....

Suva.

Suva finished 3rd last season so it's my job to finish as top dogs next season in this 8 team league. There are only 14 games with each team playing the others twice so there's not much room for mistakes!

Update to come at the end of the season.

So my game is officially broken. Every time I try to go to the inbox I get a crash dump, and I've tried everything I can to try get around it but nothing is working - even loading an older save doesn't work.

Edit: I have a save from 3 months back in game which seems to be working so going to try from here. Will mean, if it works, that I'll have to update my season review.

Update: I have managed to bypass the crash. A news item of some sort was generating at the beginning of June causing the crash, so I resigned from Waitakere at the end of May and have been able to continue after that. Note: I still managed to win the league and O-League so haven't changed my season review.

@TheEarl Saw the below post in Claassens thread, looks like there may be problems with some of the continental qualifications in South America for those of us who have already started the challenge.

In the South American updates (Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay and Venezuela), I added a phase "continental qualification" so that all qualifications are OK for these countries, because it's complicated also with the apertura and clausura stages, it was the only way to do well.
I put indices for the teams and with the patch 18.2, I don't know why but these indices were reversed. So, it was not good anymore and those who had to qualify for the Copa Sudamerica were qualified for the Copa libertadores and vice versa.. But it's fixed for the next release.

17 minutes ago, markypark14 said:

@TheEarl Saw the below post in Claassens thread, looks like there may be problems with some of the continental qualifications in South America for those of us who have already started the challenge.

Thanks for notice.

"Challenge" any user to try out South America fast, or we might all of us need to restart...

Another post of interest in that thread regarding CONCACAF Champions League:

OK, I will include it in my file OFC Champions League, for the next update.

I will release tomorrow or wednesday the next pack, with USA, Mexico, Concacaf League, Concacaf Champion's League and the corrections for the continental Qualifications to South America, North America and New-Zealand files. ( which were destroyed with patch 18.2))

For the Concacaf Leagues and Concacaf Champion's League, I will include an explication in a file notepad in the pack , because it's very very complicated and for an optimal use, it's essentiel to select the updates " Mexico, Belize, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Salvador, Panama, Honduras, Nicaragua and the CFU Championship"  (in playable or non playable, it's OK).  With it, the qualifications are correct to 100% (even the 4th of CFU Championship qualified for the Concacaf League!).

If these updates are not in the folder "editor data" , the files Concacaf League and Concacaf Champions League will not work.

4 hours ago, TheEarl said:

Thanks for notice.

"Challenge" any user to try out South America fast, or we might all of us need to restart...

So I started a new game loading all the South American nations and went on holiday for a season to see what would happen - but I'm not sure if it is broken or not as I don't really understand the whole Apertura/Clausara system, maybe someone more familiar with it can tell me if the below has been assigned correctly for Bolivia:

Overall League Table                     Opening Stage                          Closing Stage                       Continental Qualification

Qualified for Copa Libertadores: San Jose, Sports Boys Wanres, Blooming, Oriente Petrolero

Qualified for Copa Sudamericana: Real Potosi, Universitario de Sucre, Petrolero de Yacuiba, Bolivar

Suva 2020-2021 Update

Fixtures (season 1) | Fixtures (season 2) | League Table

I only really planned on staying in Fiji for 1 season, assuming we managed to win the league title and, considering Suva are the best team in Fiji by far, I thoroughly expected that to happen. The side had finished 3rd in the season before I came in, but I steered us to a successful league campaign. I also won the Interdistrict Championship and the Battle of the Giants in Season 1 but neither count towards the challenge as there aren't enough competitors. 

I have resigned from my job as Suva manager to look for another job in Asia. I will be removing all Oceania leagues and adding a multitude of Asian leagues in the hope of finding a job that interests me. I'll only leave Asia once I've won 3 league titles, and maybe the Asian Champions League as well, although I could always come back to that when I've built my reputation up more. After Asia I'll look to move onto Africa (I may load a few African leagues as well just in case!)

Internationally, no jobs have come up in these last couple of years but I'm hoping something will pop up soon!

I'll update you when I get another job. @TheEarl tagging to update leaderboards ;) 

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Continental qual.   | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won | Notes                          |
2017-18 | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes (1st in League) | O-League semi-final | League Title | Entered Oceanic Hall of Fame   |
2018-19 | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes (1st in league) | O-League groups     | League Title | Resigned from Solomon Warriors |
2019-20 | Auckland City    | 1st         | Yes (1st in league) | O-League WINNERS    | League, O-League, Charity Cup | Resigned      |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020    | Suva             | N/A         | No (3rd in league)  | None  | Battle of Giants, Int'district Champ. | Joined in September |
2021    | Suva             | 1st         | (Yes (1st in league) | N/A  | Fijian National Football League       | Resigned from Suva  |

INTERNATIONAL

2019-20 | N/A | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2020    | N/A | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2021    | N/A | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

0/25 Domestic Cups
1/9 Continental Club Trophies

TROPHY LIST

2017-18: Telekom S-League (Solomon Islands)
2018-19: Telekom S-League (Solomon Islands)
2019-20: New Zealand Premiership, Charity Cup, O-League (New Zealand)
2020: Battle of the Giants, Interdistrict Championship (Fiji)
2021: Fijian National Football League (Fiji)

Archived