FM-18 The Giant 70 Challenge (Requires claassens Mega Pack)

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, markypark14 said:

So I started a new game loading all the South American nations and went on holiday for a season to see what would happen - but I'm not sure if it is broken or not as I don't really understand the whole Apertura/Clausara system, maybe someone more familiar with it can tell me if the below has been assigned correctly for Bolivia:

Overall League Table                     Opening Stage                          Closing Stage                       Continental Qualification

Qualified for Copa Libertadores: San Jose, Sports Boys Wanres, Blooming, Oriente Petrolero

Qualified for Copa Sudamericana: Real Potosi, Universitario de Sucre, Petrolero de Yacuiba, Bolivar

Is this with the new version, or the old one?

I don't know all the rules of Apertura/Clausura also, but this seemed fine to me.

note for South America. There is enough "original" leagues to play. So all of us who didn't start in South America might wanna play original leagues to stay safe regarding qualification for continental tournaments...

2 hours ago, TheEarl said:

Is this with the new version, or the old one?

I don't know all the rules of Apertura/Clausura also, but this seemed fine to me.

note for South America. There is enough "original" leagues to play. So all of us who didn't start in South America might wanna play original leagues to stay safe regarding qualification for continental tournaments...

This is with the old version which is supposed to be broken, but I agree that it seemed okay to me.

I've got a new job ladies and gentlemen! A huge 10,529km away from Suva all the way to India, the team I am taking on is Shillong Lajong FC or Lajong for short. They are predicted to come 4th in the Indian National Football League but they are not participating in continental football so hopefully I can use that to my advantage, much like Chelsea did in real life last season. However, I asked during the interview to actually take charge after the South American U20 Championship (which starts in 5 months) so I'm not quite able to get stuck into this team yet.

Update will come at the end of my first season with Lajong.

I've had a little break from this for a couple of days. Finally got a new job after leaving Suva, my recommendation would probably be to finish Oceania first if you start there. Jumping back from Costa Rica seemed to have a bit of an impact on the jobs I applied for. For example, when I was still in Costa Rica I was getting interviews for any job in Asia no matter the reputation of the club. After going back to Fiji, I couldn't get an interview with a first division team in Saudi Arabia. It was a bit strange but it all seemed to work out for the best as I finally got a job back in North America.

As for the problems in South America, I'm 99% sure that I didn't add any extra leagues from there so I am hoping that I will not need to restart this. I would honestly need a long break from this if I had to restart all over again.

28 minutes ago, Watson156 said:

I've had a little break from this for a couple of days. Finally got a new job after leaving Suva, my recommendation would probably be to finish Oceania first if you start there. Jumping back from Costa Rica seemed to have a bit of an impact on the jobs I applied for. For example, when I was still in Costa Rica I was getting interviews for any job in Asia no matter the reputation of the club. After going back to Fiji, I couldn't get an interview with a first division team in Saudi Arabia. It was a bit strange but it all seemed to work out for the best as I finally got a job back in North America.

As for the problems in South America, I'm 99% sure that I didn't add any extra leagues from there so I am hoping that I will not need to restart this. I would honestly need a long break from this if I had to restart all over again.

Even if you added extra leagues in your folders, you don't have to imply them in the game. You can just select those who came with the game when you add/remove leagues. Then again, I don't think its much of a problem to us (hopefully)

The reputation was as expected, when going to a lower rep league, it can be a struggle tom "climb" again. Thats why I said, I want a gradual decent after climbing to the top.

Esperance_Sportive_de_Zarzis.png

Season 2022/23 Review

End of Season Awards Pt 1          End of Season Awards Pt 2          End of Season Review

League Table          Results

Tunisian Cup R3     Tunisian Cup R4     Tunisian Cup QF     Tunisian Cup SF     Tunisian Cup Final

First season in Africa and a fairy successful one. We were embroiled in a tight title race with last years champions ES Tunis, but were unfortunately beaten to the top by only 1 point. However 2nd place is enough to qualify for the African Champions League next season. The cup run ended up being more comfortable.

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won                   | Notes                        |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017    | Labasa           | 1st         | N/A                 | League Title                   | Won 3/4 domestic cup comps   |
2018    | Vaivase-Tai      | 6th         | N/A                 | Samoan Cup                     | N/A                          |
2019    | Vaivase-Tai      | 1st         | N/A                 | League Title                   | N/A                          |
2020/21 | Waitakere Utd    | 1st         | N/A                 | League Title                   | N/A                          |
2021/22 | Waitakere Utd    | 2nd         | O-League Winners    | League Title, O-League         | N/A                          |
2022/23 | ES Zarzis        | 2nd         | N/A                 | Tunisian Cup                   | N/A                          |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team      | Tourn. qual   | World ranking  | Trophies won  |
----------------------------------------------------------------
2017    | N/A       | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |
2018    | N/A       | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |
2019    | Fiji U23  | Pacific Games | N/A (U23 side) | N/A (no team) |
2020--> | N/A       | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

3/25 League Titles (3/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
2/25 Domestic Cups
1/9 Continental Club Trophies (O-League)
0/1 Worldwide Club Trophies
0/7 Continental International Trophies
0/3 Worldwide International Trophies

TROPHY LIST

2017: Fijian National Football League (Labasa)
2018: Samoan Cup (Vaivase-Tai)
2019: Samoan Premier League (Vaivase-Tai)
2020/21: New Zealand Premiership (Waitakere Utd)
2021/22: O-League (Waitakere Utd)
2022/23: Tunisian Cup (ES Zarzis)

MANAGER STATS

License: Continental C
Earnings: £92K

Played: 147; Won: 107; Drawn: 22; Lost: 18; For: 345; Against: 145; Diff: +200; Win %: 72

Update

Currently in pre-season for my second season with ES Zarzis and noticed there was a couple of international jobs available - so had a go at applying and I was successful with...

Uzbekistan-Flag.png

The Uzbek FA want me to reach the final stages of World Cup Qualifying, currently in the first group stages with Afghanistan, UAE, Myanmar and Maldives. One game had already been played before I joined, a 4v0 win against Maldives.

1ba5a47f72d0a868dcf1292f9656d9c5.thumb.png.cc00f3a6163416e9bf19c940df935a23.png 

Hey guys, never really done any challenges of any sort but i've decided to give it a shot.

As with a couple of other people I have seen I was offered the job of solomon warriors in the solomon islands.

Solomon_Warriors_FC.png.1d37f7fc1590fd0135e65d816e2105d6.png

Solomon Warriors

ff9a7feaaacabd660440d7e545fb30ef.png.57c4dc81ceae29938a215dab364f96b1.pnge8c0de06ffa6ec2f261cbb0b25911fd4.thumb.png.b8eb4c54f0bd99dbdc0740641f582d1c.png

So first season as you can see we started slowly with 3 draws but that 3-0 against marist fire really got the team going and striker Jerry Donga really kicked on from there and ended up far and away league top scorer. As far as I can tell there was no cup competition in the solomon islands and the team was not in the continental competition so only the league to win this year. we'll see what next year brings, 1 more year of solomon warriors or off to another country.

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Continental qual.   | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won | Notes                        |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-18 | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes (1st in League) | N/a 		     | League Title | Entered Oceanic Hall of Fame |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team | Tourn. qual   | World ranking | Trophies won  |
2017-18 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles
0/25 Domestic Cups
0/9 Continental Club Trophies

TROPHY LIST

2017-18: Telekom S-League (Solomon Islands)

CONTINENTAL LEAGUES LIST 

1/3 Oceania
0/3 Asia
0/3 Africa
0/3 South America
0/3 North America
0/3 Europe

(Sorry if this looks or reads terribly but i've never done this sort of think but really wanted to give it a try, thx)_

Just to let everyone know that I have resigned as Colombia U20s manager to take charge of Indian side Shillong Lajong. Before I left, I took part in the South American U20 Football Championship. The first round is 2 groups of 4 or 5 teams, with the top 3 progressing from each group. The final 6 then participate in a 5-game round robin with the team on top winning the tournament. The Colombia U20s came 2nd and 3rd in the last two tournaments, could I make it 3rd time lucky?

Yes I could!

We stormed to victory vs Chile and Uruguay and we secured less simple but nonetheless easy wins vs Peru and Argentina in the group stage. In the final round we beat Chile by a smaller scoreline before drawing 0-0 with Argentina. We snatched victory from Brazil via a late OG, secured a resounding victory versus Uruguay and came back from 1-0 down to defeat Ecuador and win the trophy.

However, I have a new job! I applied for the India and Uzbekistan vacancies and India approached me so I of course accepted the offer. There's no competitive football with the Indian national team until the SAFF Championship in December, but the board want me to win that so expectations are high! :) 

Update to come following the conclusion of my first season at Shillong Lajong.  

Lajong Season 1 Review

When I joined the club, they sat in 8th position with 11 games to go. The question was, could I turn around? And how would I get on in the Asian Confederation Cup, the Asian equivalent of the Europa League?

League Table | Results

Yes I could turn it around! 7 straight victories turned the tide fast and soon it was a 3 way tie between me, East Bengal and Aizawi FC (Mohun Bagan also joined the race late on too!) A couple of defeats in the final few games put our position in doubt but in the end we secured the league title on our head to head record with Aizawi FC alone.

In the Asian Confederation Cup, we qualified from a group involving Kuwait SC, Hidd from Bahrain and Al-Suwaiq of Oman. We then went on to face reigning champions Muharraq in the West Zone semi-final and we eased to a 3-0 home victory in the first leg. I thought for sure we were through to the West Zone final but tragedy struck in the second leg as we suffered a major 4-0 collapse to send us packing. They were 3-0 up on 87 minutes and just as I was beginning to think about extra time, Riyadh Essa popped up to complete the comeback and knock us out.

I reckon I'm going to stay in India for 1 more season to try and win the Indian Durand Cup as it qualifies for 1 of the trophies in the challenge- however, should any interesting jobs come up, I may be persuaded to leave!

International news now and I played my first friendly with the Indian national team- a 2-0 win over Northern Mariana. The draw for the Asian World Cup Qualifying 2nd Round has been made, and here is our draw:

image.thumb.png.4424d197103ce75f91a4f4f82d6c67ab.png 

The top team in the group qualifies (which should be Japan) and the four best 2nd-placed teams out of the 8 groups also qualify for the Third Round. I am aiming for a best 2nd-place spot and we should get one looking at the strength of the other teams in the group. Our first game is against Japan on 15 June 2023.

In December, we will be taking part in the SAFF Championship, a competition for southern Asia nations. This tournament works much like the WAFF Championship did during my time with the UAE in FM17. Two groups of 4 teams fight it out for a place in the semi-finals with the top 2 qualifying. You then have two semi-finals and a grand final to decide the winner. I'm expecting to win that although it is not eligible for the challenge.

See you next time! :)

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Continental qual.   | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won | Notes                          |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-18 | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes (1st in League) | O-League semi-final | League Title | Entered Oceanic Hall of Fame   |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018-19 | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes (1st in league) | O-League groups     | League Title | Resigned from Solomon Warriors |
2019-20 | Auckland City    | 1st         | Yes (1st in league) | O-League WINNERS    | League, O-League, Charity Cup | Resigned      |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020    | Suva             | N/A         | No (3rd in league)  | None  | Battle of Giants, Int'district Champ. | Joined in September |
2021    | Suva             | 1st         | Yes (1st in league) | N/A                 | League Title | Resigned from Suva             |
2022-23 | Shillong Lajong  | 1st         | Yes (1st in league) | ACC West Semi-final | League Title | Bottled 3-0 lead in ACC Semi!  |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team      | Tourn. qual   | World ranking | Trophies won  |
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-18 | N/A       | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2018-19 | N/A       | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2019-20 | N/A       | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team)|
2020    | N/A       | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team)|
2021    | N/A       | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team)|
2022-23 | India     | None           | 94th          | None         |

TROPHIES WON

4/25 League Titles (3/3 OFC, 1/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
0/25 Domestic Cups
1/9 Continental Club Trophies

TROPHY LIST

2018-19: Telekom S-League (Solomon Islands)
2019-20: New Zealand Premiership, Charity Cup, O-League (New Zealand)
2020: Battle of the Giants, Interdistrict Championship (Fiji)
2021: Fijian National Football League (Fiji)
2022-23: Indian National Football League (India)

AS Dragon

AS_Dragon_(Tahiti)_svg.png.c241944a81ebc714544e74012da7c75c.png

4228016-6405144.thumb.jpg.e864b250f3dd85cf6d84c1d360858e3a.jpga344722313e58c4ca4857d0b18dd453a.thumb.jpg.3af7f8dc67d6b1b5a166340d660b0718.jpg

After success in the Solomon islands league and after a crushing in the O-League I decided to move on To Tahiti specifically the club AS Dragon who actually had more then 3 real players in their squad (woop) . After bringing in a lot of players from rival teams we started the league well and were topping the league by December, however we then went on a run of 6 games without a win which left us 4th in the table, So I decided to change tactic and due to a lack of any sort of quality players just try to out score all the other teams, and this led to instant results and whilst we did concede a lot more we were scoring 3-4 goals a game, this continued into the play-offs even against league leaders AS tefana who we beat 6-0 in the final game of the season and AS central sport who we beat 4-1 in the league play-off final, the same was true for the cup however we were very fortunate and got second division side AS papenoo in the final who we cruised past.

Fixtures, Manager profile, League table

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Continental qual.   | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won 		| Notes                        |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-18 | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes (1st in League) | O-League Group stage| League Title         | Entered Oceanic Hall of Fame |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018-19 | AS Dragon	   | 1st	 |   Yes	       |  N/A		     | Tahiti Cup, Tahitian First Division

INTERNATIONAL

2017-18 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2018-19 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
TROPHIES WON

2/25 League Titles	(Solomon islands, Tahiti)
1/25 Domestic Cups	(tahiti)

TROPHY LIST

2018-19	Tahitian First Division
2018-19 Tahiti Cup

CONTINENTAL LEAGUES LIST 

2/3 Oceania
0/3 Asia
0/3 Africa
0/3 South America
0/3 North America
0/3 Europe

Esperance_Sportive_de_Zarzis.png         Uzbekistan-Flag.png

Season 2023/24 Review

League Table     League Results     Tunisian Cup Results 

African Champions League Results     African Champions League Group Stage

Uzbekistan Results     World Cup Qualifying Second Round Group Stage

No season awards/review in this update as when they generated, they only included the Champions League group stages and not any of the rest of the season due to the difference in timings.

Sadly, we missed out on the league again to ES Tunis, they were just too strong. Also were unable to retain the Tunisian Cup, making it to the final but losing to Club Africain.

The Champions League is still ongoing (it runs Feb-Dec). We thrashed Togolese opposition in the prelim round (there were quite a few double figure aggregate scores in that round), and battled to a first round win over South African opposition. The group stages saw us get 5 wins from 6, the only defeat away to Morocco's Wydad Casablanca. We have been drawn against Mali's Stade Malien in the quarter final.

On the international scene, we successfully qualified from the group winning all 8 games. Finishing top of the group means we also qualify for the 2027 Asian Nations Cup. In the final stages of Asian Word Cup Qualifying we have been drawn in a group with China, Iran, Jordan, South Korea and UAE.

I plan to continue on with ES Zarzis until the end of our Champions League run, then probably moving on. I'm admitting defeat on the Tunisian title.

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won                   | Notes                        |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017    | Labasa           | 1st         | N/A                 | League Title                   | Won 3/4 domestic cup comps   |
2018    | Vaivase-Tai      | 6th         | N/A                 | Samoan Cup                     | N/A                          |
2019    | Vaivase-Tai      | 1st         | N/A                 | League Title                   | N/A                          |
2020/21 | Waitakere Utd    | 1st         | N/A                 | League Title                   | N/A                          |
2021/22 | Waitakere Utd    | 2nd         | O-League Winners    | League Title, O-League         | N/A                          |
2022/23 | ES Zarzis        | 2nd         | N/A                 | Tunisian Cup                   | N/A                          |
2023/24 | ES Zarzis        | 2nd         | ACL (ongoing)       | None                           | N/A                          |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team        | Tourn. qual   | World ranking  | Trophies won  |
2017    | N/A         | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |
2018    | N/A         | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |
2019    | Fiji U23    | Pacific Games | N/A (U23 side) | N/A (no team) |
2020-22 | N/A         | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |
2023/24 | Uzbekistan  | WCQ ongoing   | 40th           | None          |

TROPHIES WON

3/25 League Titles (3/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
2/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

MANAGER STATS

License: Continental B
Earnings: £325K

Played: 197; Won: 145; Drawn: 29; Lost: 23; For: 492; Against: 190; Diff: +302; Win %: 73

Update

African Champions League Results

And so my time at ES Zarzis has come to and end. We made it to the Champions League final where we faced our arch-nemesis, ES Tunis. Despite winning the first leg 1v0 we were brought back down to earth in the second leg 5v0. Interestingly the second leg clashed with an international break so both teams had lots of players away on international duty.

I haven't hung about dwelling on failing to win the Tunisian League 1, and already have a new job.

Grupo_Desportivo_Interclube_Logo.png

Interclube of Angola. The league consists of 16 teams playing each other twice. There is only one cup competition, the Angolan Cup.

Portland

Job_Offer.png

Squad StatsLeague TablePrevious Fixtures

So this is my new team. Somehow, I have managed to get a fantastic opportunity to finish off another part of North America, and also challenge for the Champions League if we can qualify. The current squad is in a massive mess, so I am not expecting a massive amount this season but I will be targeting the US Open Cup and then maybe we can scrape into the MLS Playoffs. (Out of interest what counts as a league win in the MLS? Is it Easter/Western Conference? Supporters Shield or the MLS Cup? (Winning the whole playoffs))

While I am at Portland I will also try and take my first step on the International ladder. I have played a lot in the MLS so I have quite a good idea of what it takes to be successful so I should be able to combine it with an International job. If I can find one!

15 hours ago, karax268 said:

After a break from FM of almost a year, I've  come back to fm18 and want to restart this challenge. 

I have one question. When setting up the save do you tick the add players to playable teams option or do you play with greyed out players?

Play with greyed out players. But of course you can add a lot of players for realism. Like for instance go to custom size and add international players from different continents...

3 hours ago, TheEarl said:

Play with greyed out players. But of course you can add a lot of players for realism. Like for instance go to custom size and add international players from different continents...

Thanks for clarifying.

I've started a game and have taken over at Tamil, who play in the micronesian league. The league was allready halfway when I took over. Tamil is comfortably in 4th (of 8) and we're curently playing the cup. Only 8 participants, unfortunately.

Grupo_Desportivo_Interclube_Logo.png     Uzbekistan-Flag.png

Season 2025 Review

End of Season Awards Pt 1     End of Season Awards Pt 2     End of Season Review

League Table     League Results     Angolan Cup Results

Uzbekistan Results     World Cup Qualifying Final Group Stage

A domestic double to celebrate this season and almost an unbeaten season two, with one defeat in the league and a second leg defeat in the cup.

World Cup Qualifying continued, and started well in the final group stage but a shock 1v0 defeat to Jordan killed any chance of automatic qualification, and we had to settle for the playoffs. Unfortunately a poor home result against Japan cosy us dearly as they squeezed passed us 3v2 on aggregate.

No plan to move club/country for next season. I want to have another go at the Champions League, and it should be a quiet year for Uzbekistan with no major tournaments/qualifiers until 2027.

CLUB

2023/24 | ES Zarzis        | 2nd         | ACL (ongoing)       | None                           | N/A                          |
2025    | Interclube       | 1st         | Qualified for ACL   | League Title, Angolan Cup      | N/A                          |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team        | Tourn. qual          | World ranking  | Trophies won  |
2017    | N/A         | N/A (no team)        | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |
2018    | N/A         | N/A (no team)        | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |
2019    | Fiji U23    | Pacific Games        | N/A (U23 side) | N/A (no team) |
2020-22 | N/A         | N/A (no team)        | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |
2023/24 | Uzbekistan  | WCQ ongoing          | 40th           | None          |
2025    | Uzbekistan  | Knocked out of WCQ   | 36th           | None          |

TROPHIES WON

4/25 League Titles (3/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 1/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
3/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

2025: Angolan Championship & Angolan Cup (Interclube)

MANAGER STATS

License: Continental Pro
Earnings: £625K

Played: 265; Won: 195; Drawn: 40; Lost: 30; For: 671; Against: 254; Diff: +417; Win %: 73

So we are finally in 2018 IRL. Happy New Year to everyone :)

I updated the Leaderboards so going into the new year, @markypark14 is still the most successful manager in this Challenge.

I have played another season my self, but didn't have time to write the update yet.

There is a lot going on IRL for me at the moment. So I have little time to write updates. I am however already in my third club, so expect a massive update sometime soon (I hope).

I can reveal that my manager have travelled 20714 kilometers so far...

I played one season before deciding to restart. The processing speed was just to slow.

So, lets meet the manager. link

I started in Vanuata this time. after sending resumes to any team that would receive them i eventually landed at Erakor GS.

markus%20van%20leeuwen%20start_zpsebwm97

Erakor is predicted to finish second in the vanuata premier league. Let's see if I can do one better.

For those wanting to know: the vanuata premier league is between 8 teams. each team is played twice, the top four enter a playoff to decide the champion. there are two cups, one between the premier league cups and one with lower league clubs, making it eligible ffor the challenge.

I wanted to share one crazy game

1strandgame_zpsn1apcblp.png

this is one off the reasons I've regained joy when playing fm

more updates to follow soon

How are you all doing in the challenge at the moment?

@markypark14 @oohlala111 @Watson156 @chelsea1901 @OneManSnipez

I will update the post about league structures tomorrow, and also update my own progress. Finally got some time to spare tomorrow.

Remember also, it would be nice to hear in between season, some thoughts for tactics, choosing clubs etc. This could just be a short message from time to time to keep this thread alive...

I am still in the 2026 season, I took a small break from the game over the festive period so that I didn't burn out. Have made it to the group stages of the Champions League however have been given a tough draw so will see how it goes. Currently top of the league and also won the season opening Super Cup.

Future plans depend on how the Champions League run goes. But it's likely I will move on at the end of the season. As for Uzbekistan, I plan on staying at least till the end of the 2027 Asian Cup, after that will see how happy the FA are with me.

32 minutes ago, markypark14 said:

I am still in the 2026 season, I took a small break from the game over the festive period so that I didn't burn out. Have made it to the group stages of the Champions League however have been given a tough draw so will see how it goes. Currently top of the league and also won the season opening Super Cup.

Future plans depend on how the Champions League run goes. But it's likely I will move on at the end of the season. As for Uzbekistan, I plan on staying at least till the end of the 2027 Asian Cup, after that will see how happy the FA are with me.

I like that you stay a bit with each club, as this can help you in future interviews. Do you resign, let your contract run out, or hope the next club can buy you out of the current club?

33 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

I like that you stay a bit with each club, as this can help you in future interviews. Do you resign, let your contract run out, or hope the next club can buy you out of the current club?

I usually resign when I feel there is nothing left to achieve at the club. So far in interviews this hasn't been a problem, although apparently at some point in Oceania I was confrontational with the media as that has come up as a question in the African interviews, and I have no idea what it is I said to warrant that.

14 minutes ago, markypark14 said:

I usually resign when I feel there is nothing left to achieve at the club. So far in interviews this hasn't been a problem, although apparently at some point in Oceania I was confrontational with the media as that has come up as a question in the African interviews, and I have no idea what it is I said to warrant that.

I try to avoid resignations, as you can be asked in interviews later why you have resigned so often. But I had to do it in my savegame recently, more of that in my coming updates.

Compared to earlier versions of FM, I find it harder to become International manager these days...

I started this a few days ago .... in Oceania same as a lot of the posts, I've loaded Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, New Caledonia, Samoa and Solomon Islands.

I got a job with 'Ba' in Fiji with just the Battle of the Giants tournament to complete in my first season. 

In my first full season I found I'd inherited a really good squad, and won the league pretty easily - with just a threat from Suva who where on my tail most of the season, although we beat them home and away so we never really looked in danger of not winning the league, we did tail off a little due to nerves in the last 3 games - but ended up with just the 1 loss in the league all season (the last game of the season after the title was already wrapped up).

However the finances for the second season looked very difficult, and with 2 of my stars retiring I was facing a very difficult second season - as all the highest Scouted players were at Suva and I simply couldn't afford their wages. So I decided to take the first league win and move on to pastures new .... I'm currently holidaying in the South Pacific waiting for someone to come knocking on my door. I shall watch 'Ba' results with interest this coming season as I can see a difficult year ahead for who so ever becomes the new manager.

I think my next port of call will be one of the smaller of the Nations I've got loaded before heading to New Zealand to get a team that can give me a chance of winning the O League

image.thumb.png.a785a7ec5a98a24d4b194bc6d599255a.png

I'm still going with this but progress is very slow. I did the stupid thing a week ago of starting a random game to have a break from this save. As expected that random game has turned out quite well and has got me hooked! Hopefully I will be back playing this soon.

3 minutes ago, Watson156 said:

I'm still going with this but progress is very slow. I did the stupid thing a week ago of starting a random game to have a break from this save. As expected that random game has turned out quite well and has got me hooked! Hopefully I will be back playing this soon.

Its never stupid to have a random game that you enjoy. After all the game is about fun and enjoying football management. But yes, hope you will come back at a later stage. 

In the leaderboards section I will have an overview for those who achieve 10, 20, 30.... trophies.

So I started doing a challenge setting out to win all the biggest national team competitions (so Euros, Asian Cup, AFCON, etc.) and each continent's Champions League, but this sounds like a good challenge to expand to, and my save meets the starting requirements! I'm already up to 2019 in my save, so I've got some things to update... and I've borrowed some formatting from other posters (thanks guys!)

I loaded quite a lot of leagues... most of Oceania and a smattering of Asian ones just for variety.

uF8UjJY.png

2017-2018: Solomon Warriors (Solomon Islands)

Like others, I start off in Oceania, taking over at Solomon Warriors in the Solomon Islands, staying there for two seasons. In my first season (league table), I almost went unbeaten, with my one loss coming against 6th placed FC Guadalcanal. This was particularly bad, as my last game was against Real Kakamora, and if they beat me, they would win the title instead. But with a 3-1 victory, we secured our title, the first in my career in the first season! Here are this season's results.

With the league title came continental qualification for the O-League, my first shot at one of the continental Champion's League. I was drawn into a group with Veitongo (Tonga), Ba (Fiji) and AS Dragon (Tahiti), and with a record of 1-2-0 finished second behind Ba, who managed to beat the other two teams in the group. Full group standings. That pretty much proved fatal for any hopes of progression past the quarters, as (predictably) the O-League basically always seems to turn into an all-New Zealand affair by the final, and I was drawn against Team Wellington. I actually fared better than I was hoping, and ended up losing 6-4 on aggregate. I managed to take the lead in both games, even coming from behind away from home. But it was not to be, and Team Wellington went on to lose against Auckland City in the final.

So with the O-League finishing for us in April, we had to wait four months until August for the 2018 League to get underway... playing 15 friendlies because the players had come back for training with the O-League. In the league, we started off poorly, drawing our opening game and losing our next two against the two teams who would finish above us come the end of the season. The league was ridiculously close, and was won by relative underdogs KOSSA. We finished 3rd, with a record of 11-2-3, behind both KOSSA and runners-up Marist Fire on the basis of goal difference. 4th placed Western Utd were only two points behind. Final league standings and here's all results for both the O-League and the league.

We also took part in the Melenesian Super Cup, which from what I can tell is a mini-league between the top two teams from Vanuatu and the Solomon Islands. This was quite disappointing really. We won our opening game 4-1, before conceding a 91st minute equaliser in our second game against Marist Fire which would have put us in pole position to win the entire thing. We were handed a reprieve as Marist surrendered a 4-3 lead in their final game to lose 6-4, but we succumbed to a 75th minute goal to winners Amicale. Frustrating because we could have won all our games and the entire thing. Results here

After the league ended, I elected to leave upon contract expiry. But then that doesn't actually seem to make you leave, so I had to resign.

tcgCZmy.png

2017: Indonesia U23

I was offered the job of Indonesia U23 manager when I applied for every job available at the beginning, so my club and international career started pretty much around the same time. I took charge of them for the 2017 South East Asian Games. We were chosen as the overachievers of the tournament, reaching the final, where we lost to Thailand, who have won it 11 out of the last 13 times so nothing to be ashamed about I suppose. I think I joined two games into the group stages, where they had drawn twice against Singapore and Laos. We then won the rest of our group games, beat Malaysia in the semis, but lost 4-0 to Thailand. I took charge for two friendlies before was offered the Australia U23 job without even applying!  Obviously, I started to make a name for myself in the world of  U23 international football. Full results and group standings.

PXWFesY.png

Nov 2017 - July 2018: Australia U23

I got the opportunity to manage Australia in the AFC Under 23 Championship. The last friendly in preparation for this was the day after I joined, against Thailand U23, and I drew it 1-1. The AFC Under 23 Championship was my first international trophy of any kind! The two biggest teams arguably, South Korea and Japan, were drawn into the same group and both went out to Iraq and Saudi Arabia. I won every game in my group (China 4-1, Iran 3-2, North Korea 3-0), beat Malaysia in the quarters (2-1), Qatar in the semis (1-0) before beating Iraq in the final (3-0). Group standings.

I stayed with Australia U23 until July, but the final against Iraq was my last game. I noticed the South Korea U23 job was unoccupied, so thought I'd throw my hat in, and they offered me the job!

TWWMpHG.png

July 2018 - Jan 2019: South Korea U23

Arguably the best nation in Asia, the South Korea U23 job gave me my second international trophy in the 2018 Asian Games Football Tournament. We won our two warm-up friendlies (5-1 vs. Oman, 2-0 vs. Thailand). Then, we won every game in the tournament to ensure victory! The tournament rules are like the olympics, so you can have three over-23 players in your squad. I made the most of this and had Son Heung-Min, surely the best player I will get to manage for some time. In our group, we had Chinese Taipei (5-0), Tajikistan (2-1) Nepal (3-0). We beat Jordan (2-0) in the second round, Japan (1-0) in the quarters, Thailand (2-0) in the semis, and then China (4-0) in the final. I resigned from this job after I left Solomon Warriors, I'm not really sure why as I had nothing in the offing. But on we go...

CDrhAzw.png

Jan 2019 - ?: Lautoka (Fiji)

My next job has taken me to Lautoka in Fiji. I don't have an international job yet, although I did get offered the Syria job, but turned it down to see what else there is about. Lautoka are in the Oceania Champions League again, so I get another shot, although so long as New Zealand exists!

CLUB

Season  | Club             | Country         | League pos. | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017    | Solomon Warriors | Solomon Islands | 1st         | N/A                 | 1            |
2018    | Solomon Warriors | Solomon Islands | 3rd         | O-League QF         | 0            |
2019    | Lautoka          | Fiji            | Ongoing     | Ongoing             | Ongoing      |

INTERNATIONAL

Years   | Team          | Tourn. qual   | World ranking   | Trophies won  |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017    | Indonesia U23 | SEA Games     | N/A (U23 side)  | 0             |
2017-18 | Australia U23 | U23 Asian Cup | N/A (U23 side)  | 1             |
2018-19 | S. Korea U23  | Asian Games   | N/A (U23 side)  | 1             |

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles (1/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
0/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

2017: Telekom S-League (Solomon Warriors)
2018: AFC Under-23 Championship (Australia U23)
2018: Asian Games Football Tournament (South Korea U23)

MANAGER STATS

License: Studying for a National C License
Earnings: £28.5K

Played: 64; Won: 45; Drawn: 11; Lost: 8; For: 145; Against: 62; Diff: +83; Win %: 70

Sorry this was so long! Will hopefully be more concise in future.

The Earl's Giant Quest Season 2018 and 2019 Update

Finally got some time to write an update here.

After the success at Diambars FC, I left and travelled some 4217km to Cameroon to be appointed as manager of Union Douala. Union found themselves only in 6th position with just 9 matches to play. In Cameroon 18 teams play 34 matches in the league and there is a FA-Cup that comes late in the season.

Travel:

5a4f2f453b247_Skjermbilde2017-12-15kl_12_41_37.thumb.png.e5b7527c41880b8fece9bcb1c5d5b273.png

Club: Union Douala

US_Douala_(logo).png.af554c50152ad57dcf2ccca4e31542fb.png

2018 season:

Not going to make this a long story. We won 8 matches and drew 1 in the final 9 league matches. That was enough to climb to 2nd position and qualify for African Champions League next season. Canon Yaounde won the league easily, as there was never enough time for me to catch their 13 points advantage. We also managed to loose 5-4 on aggregate to Panthere du Nde in the Semi Final of the Cameroonian Cup. So no success in 2018, but I had only joined the club and was looking forward to a full season with them in 2019.

2019 season:

We got off to a stormer at the start of the season. In the first 39 games we played in all competitions we won 38 and lost 1. It really annoyed me that loss around 15 games into the season, or else it would have been an amazing record. In the end we won the league 23 points clear of the next club. Vigny Kologni was our best player by far, but also a midfielder I signed Diogenes had an amazing performance.

Final league table

Fixtures part 1 part 2 part 3

In the Cameroonian Cup our toughest matches was to win against New Star in the Quarter Final 2-1 at home (the team that stopped us from 39 straight wins earlier in the season) and the Final 2-1 win against Canon Yaounde. But we won the Cup for a domestic Double.

In the Champions League we got a very easy way early on, so group stage was not a problem. Well there Bidvest Wits was an obstacle, but we managed to beat the on both occasions. I was surprised as I felt they had a much better team than us. In the end the only match we lost in Champions League was away to Al-Hilal Omdurman, but with a 5-0 win at home that tie was won easily as well. So in the end Champions League winners of Africa.

The season finished late in 2019 and with 2 African Leagues won and a Champions League, what I need from Africa in terms of club football is to win one more league and the Confederations Cup. There was no real African club I wanted to take over so I bagged a move to Asia. I tried to apply for some International jobs as well, but it was not successful. It should be noted that I left before the Club World Cup, as I knew there was no chance at all for us there.

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Domestic Cup 1 | Domestic Cup 2   | Continental Cup   |                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18 | Diambars FC      | 1st         | Winners        | Winners          | N/A               | 
2018    | Union Douala     | 2nd         | Semi Final     | N/A              | N/A               | (Took over in 6th with 9 matches to go)
2019    | Union Douala     | 1st         | Winners        | N/A              | Winners           |                                           
INTERNATIONAL

2017    | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2018    | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | 
2019    | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
TROPHIES WON

2/25 League Titles (0/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 2/3 CAF (Senegal 2017/18, Cameroon 2019), 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
3/25 Domestic Cups (2 individual nations) (2017/18 Senegal FA Cup, 2017/18 Senegal League Cup, 2019 Cameroonian Cup)
1/9 Continental Club Trophies (2019 African Champions League)

TROPHY LIST

2017/18: Senegal First Division (Diambars FC)
2017/18: Senegal FA Cup (Diambars FC)
2017/18: Senegal League Cup (Diambars FC)
2019: Cameroonian MTN Ligue 1 (Union Douala)
2019: Cameroonian Cup (Union Douala)
2019: African Champions League (Union Douala)

Travelled distance: 11134km
Manager reputation: 45%
Coaching badge: Continental B-License 
Fluent languages: Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, English, French
Total career earnings: 65K

OVERALL STATS

TOTAL

110 games - 94 wins - 9 draws - 7 losses - 380 goals for - 93 goals against - 221+ goal difference - 88% win percentage

Diambars FC: 35 - 28 - 4 - 3 - 99 - 33 - (+66) - 79%
Union Douala: 75 - 66 - 5 - 4 - 281 - 60 - (+221) - 88%

Now here I would put my overall Best XI, but not this time as they would be 11 players from Union Douala

Grupo_Desportivo_Interclube_Logo.png

Mid-Season 2026 Review

League Table     League Results

African Champions League Group Stage     African Champions League Results

Angolan Super Cup Result

A mid-season update as I have decided to resign from Interclube after our miserable Champions League performance. The group was always going to be difficult with two former champions in it but I had hoped we would perform better. I've won everything domestically in Angola so felt it was time to move on. Haven't decided where I shall go next but will update when I have a new job.

Nothing has happened with Uzbekistan up to this point this year - we have a series of friendlies towards the end of the year. Will provide results etc in a future update.

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Cont. Achievements            | Trophies won                   | Notes                        |
2017    | Labasa           | 1st         | N/A                           | League Title                   | Won 3/4 domestic cup comps   |
2018    | Vaivase-Tai      | 6th         | N/A                           | Samoan Cup                     | N/A                          |
2019    | Vaivase-Tai      | 1st         | N/A                           | League Title                   | N/A                          |
2020/21 | Waitakere Utd    | 1st         | N/A                           | League Title                   | N/A                          |
2021/22 | Waitakere Utd    | 2nd         | O-League Winners              | League Title, O-League         | N/A                          |
2022/23 | ES Zarzis        | 2nd         | N/A                           | Tunisian Cup                   | N/A                          |
2023/24 | ES Zarzis        | 2nd         | ACL (ongoing)                 | None                           | N/A                          |
2025    | Interclube       | 1st         | Qualified for ACL             | League Title, Angolan Cup      | N/A                          |
2026    | Interclube       | 1st         | Knocked out group stage ACL   | Angolan Super Cup              | Resigned Jul 2026            |

INTERNATIONAL

2017    | N/A         | N/A (no team)        | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |
2018    | N/A         | N/A (no team)        | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |
2019    | Fiji U23    | Pacific Games        | N/A (U23 side) | N/A (no team) |
2020-22 | N/A         | N/A (no team)        | N/A (no team)  | N/A (no team) |
2023/24 | Uzbekistan  | WCQ ongoing          | 40th           | None          |
2025    | Uzbekistan  | Knocked out of WCQ   | 36th           | None          |

TROPHIES WON

4/25 League Titles (3/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 1/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
3/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

2025: Angolan Championship & Angolan Cup (Interclube)

MANAGER STATS

License: Continental Pro
Earnings: £775K

Played: 296; Won: 216; Drawn: 46; Lost: 34; For: 763; Against: 277; Diff: +486; Win %: 72

7 hours ago, TheEarl said:

Also hope someone will join the chat group that I made in Steam. I can see one person who have joined the group, but not sure which of you users are Ethan17 in Steam?

Get a whatsapp / facebook messenger group chat set up, be a lot easier and accessible I think. I rarely go on here or steam when I'm playng FM, like to put headphones in an zone out.

2 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Get a whatsapp / facebook messenger group chat set up, be a lot easier and accessible I think. I rarely go on here or steam when I'm playng FM, like to put headphones in an zone out.

Made a Facebook page for 17-version. Will update it , and figure out how to make a group chat there if people wanna join that is....

2 minutes ago, markypark14 said:

Update

Well having been out of a club job for only a couple of weeks the following offer appeared on my desk.

L4Tdgj4.jpg

How could I say no to such an opportunity? So Markus Andreasen is now the new manager of Brazil.

Amazing :) Good luck

Next up on my epic journey - Zambia

kabwe-warriors-log.jpg     NJP8RuV.jpg

The league is underway with 27 of 38 games played - Kabwe currently sitting 10th out of 20 teams. They are also in the first round of the Zambian Cup, drawn away to Power Dynamos. Those are the only two competitions which will qualify for the challenge, there is a Charity Shield but that only involves 4 teams.

Erakor GS 2017/2018

season review

My first job in management went extremely well.
we started the season with the PVFA cup. This cup was eligible for the challenge so I wanted to do well here. We started with a 4-3 loss in the group but then went on to win the next three. we secured qualification to the Quarter final with a crazy 6-6 draw. From there on it was easy going. A 2-0 victory in the final gave me my first thropy as well as the first landmark.

The league started great. We carried on our form of the cup and went undefeated in the first 7 games. Form dropped slightly after that, partly due to fixture congestion and absent players away for international duty. We lost top spot to Amicale, eventually comming second with one point difference. I wasn't to concerned as the best four qualified for the playoffs. What did worry me was that in our previous encounters we hadn't won yet from Amicale. We faced them in the Semi final and lost narrowly 0-1. To be honest I thought that was the end of the season. Turned out I had to play the winner between 3th and 4th in the preliminary final to decide who got to face Amicale in the final. a 2-0 sent me on.
The final was tense for a long time but in the end we won 3-1 and were crowned champions!

During the season we played in two more cups. The melanesian supercup and the PCFA shield. we won both with relative ease, ending the season with a Quadruple.

PVFA cup results

League table League results

Melanesian supercup

PVFA Shield

CLUB

Season  | Club       | League pos.    | Cont. Achievements | Other Trophies won                       |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
2017-18	| Erakor GS  |2nd(won playoff)| N/A		   |PVFA Cup,PVFA Shield, Melanesian supercup |		

INTERNATIONAL

------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
2017	| N/A	      | N/A		     | N/A	      | N/A	      |

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles
1/25 Domestic Cups

What's next?

Having won what I needed in Vanuata I'm ready to move on. I won't resign just yet, first I'll see what kind of jobs are comming up. Also, the Oceania cup starts soon. I want to play in that one before jumping ship.

Archived