FM-18 The Giant 70 Challenge (Requires claassens Mega Pack)

The Giant 70 Challenge

First of all this challenge requires you to download claasens Mega Pack of extra leagues playable. You can not choose other add-ons only these databases are allowed and they are all required. How many leagues you load at any time is still up to you.

Download link to @claassen Megapack can be found here.

This Challenge follows very much the same procedure as Ultimate Football Manager Challenge, but its bigger and you are bound to be taken to many places you have never managed before.

Ultimate Football Manager Challenge was originally made by an idea from @LetsGetReadyTo and is now maintained by @vikeologist. Click here if you want to check out this challenge or read its rules.

Starting up:

Make sure the database add-on from claasen is activated with no other database add-ons. Then load a game with as few or many leagues as you want, and change around during game time as much as you want also. Attribute masking is optional, but in-game editor is a no no. Its also recommended that "Do Not Add Key Staff" is unticked. 

Start a manager that is the youngest possible 19-20 years, and with no coaching badges and Sunday League Footballer reputation. Holiday for as short or long time as you want and apply for jobs.

Requirements:

The following competitions must be won in order to claim the Giant 70 achievement:

CLUB TROPHIES

- 25 Domestic Top League. (There is a minimum of 3 leagues from each of the 6 continents, so 18 of the leagues are somewhat bound.)

- 25 Domestic Cup Competitions (Where minimum 10 clubs enter) , from a minimum of 20 different nations. This could be anything from a Checkatrade Trophy to the top FA-Cup of the nation though. 

- 10 Continental/World club comptetitions. The mandatory competitions are: UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, Copa Libertadores, Copa Sudamericana, CONCACAF Champions League, African Champions League, African Confederations Cup, Asian Champions League, O-League and Club World Cup. (In the event that a bug stops you from participating in Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana, you can swap these for AFC Cup and Caribbean Club Cup, BUT only if the savegame has this bug.)

- 10 International trophies. The mandatory competitions are: World Cup, Confederations Cup, Olympics, UEFA Euro (European Championships), Copa America, Gold Cup, Africa Cup of Nations, CHAN, Asia Cup (Nations), Oceania Cup

Totally 70 trophies for the biggest challenge yet to be achieved in FM.

Finally this challenge was new in FM17, no one ever came near to finish it so far. Still some are playing it, so please visit the FM17 thread to look at the leaderboards and check managers progress there.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reserved for potential bugs...

No known bugs yet, but claassen is still making more leagues. So those who want to choose from every league in the world have to wait and keep an eye on the download link.

There are some crashes that happends, some have experienced it related to job interviews, but nothing confirmed as known bugs that can destroy the challenge.

Reserved for league overview:

Oceania

New Caledonia - 12 teams plays 22 matches. 4 points for a win, 2 points for a draw, 1 point for a loss.
Fiji - 8 teams plays 14 matches. No Cups to win as there is not enough matches.
New Zealand - 10 teams plays 18  matches, then Playoff to decide the winner. No cups.
Solomon Islands - 8 teams plays 14 matches, becomes 9 teams to play 16 matches from 2nd season. No Cups.

Africa

Senegal - 14 teams plays 26 matches. FA Cup and League Cup can both be won and counted for.

Leaderboards

Managername - Total number of trophies - Last known club/country - Last known season - Last real update date

@TheEarl - 15 - Barcelona/France - 2026/27 - 06.03.18
@markypark14 - 11 - Kabwe Warriors/Brazil  - 2027 - 12.01.18
@TheMadMonk - 9 - Melbourne City - 2025 - 04.03.18
@karax268 - 7 - Southern United - 2024/25 - 30.01.18
@Watson156 - 6 - Portland Timbers - 2022 - 08.01.18
@Koetzer - 5 - Uz-Dong-Joo - 2022 - 05.03.18
@thomas_e - 5 - Nagoya Stolz - 2022 - 26.02.18
@Patze - 3 - Henan Jinaye - 2019/20 - 01.02.18
@Humbby - 2 - Istiqlol - 2017 - 17.02.18
@Deblueded - 2 - Lautoka - 2019 - 07.01.18

Those who have not updated since new years, have been left out of the Leaderboards for now.

24 minutes ago, OneManSnipez said:

AS LOSSL

I start my journey at AS Lossl in New Caledonia. The league is quite an interesting one. It consists of 12 teams who play each other twice, but you get 4 points for a win 2 for a draw and 1 for a loss.

Nice information @OneManSnipez

This is something I would encourage people to tell about when you visit a league that is not done by others earlier in this thread. How many games, any specific rules people should know of. 

How are the cup(s) there? 

If people provide this kind of information, I will try to make a big update of it in the second post in this thread.

Markus Andreasen

A Scottish/Norwegian manager looking to become the most successful manager in the world.

K7wpvnE.jpg

Labasa (Fiji)

And his career will start in the pacific paradise of Fiji with Labasa FC.

v2DQDYL.jpg

2017 Expectations

A mid-table finish expected in the league, with 4 cup competitions which the board have decided are not that important.

hq4jrxh.jpg

For the country competition post:

National Football League - 8 teams playing each other twice, bottom side relegated.

Battle of the Giants - National Football League sides split into two groups of 4, playing each other once. Top two sides qualify for semi finals.

FA Cup Tournament - Same as Battle of the Giants

Interdistrict Championship - Same as Battle of the Giants

Champions versus Champions - Winner of the National Football League and Interdistrict Championship play 2-leg match.

2 minutes ago, markypark14 said:

For the country competition post:

National Football League - 8 teams playing each other twice, bottom side relegated.

Battle of the Giants - National Football League sides split into two groups of 4, playing each other once. Top two sides qualify for semi finals.

FA Cup Tournament - Same as Battle of the Giants

Interdistrict Championship - Same as Battle of the Giants

Champions versus Champions - Winner of the National Football League and Interdistrict Championship play 2-leg match.

Ahh sorry to hear that, then there are NO cups to win in Fiji, only the league :(

Ok so here goes. I started off with these league's loaded, with the plan to start in Oceania (win 2 smaller league's and then end up in New Zealand to win the league and Champions League) and then move over to Asia. Straight away I applied for the Solomon Warriors job and was offered it. It's a simple league, 8 teams, play each other twice all at the same stadium. There is no domestic cup. In the 2nd season a 9th team joins the league.

Unfortunately the transfer window was closed and we barely had 11 players. I decided to sign every greyed out player and this is what gave me a big advantage over most teams in the league. We were dominating the league and should have won it with 3 games to go. However, we had a slump at the wrong time and it wasn't until the last game of the season that we had confirmed the league title. 

League TableSquad Stats

After winning the league title, I decided to stay at the club and see how we did in the Champions League. I knew that we didn't really have a chance with the New Zealand teams having it on lock, but I also really wanted to see how my new signings would play in the following year. We had a relatively easy group with the hardest game being against AS Venus from Tahiti in a winner takes all game. We scraped through 1-0 and were thankfully rewarded with the easier Semi Final against Fijian team Suva. We drew at home 3-3 and went into Fiji and won 4-2 which would set up the final against favourites Auckland City. We managed a very credible 1-1 draw in Auckland which gave us massive hope of somehow winning this competition at home. I further believed when Auckland missed a penalty in the 2nd minute, but however it wasn't to be. They scored the only goal in the 15th minute and no matter what we tried we couldn't score. A fantastic effort.

Group StagesKnockout Rounds

Not long into the league season, I found out that we were entered into the Melanesian Super Cup, (a 4 team group between the top 2 from Solomon Island's and presumably the top 2 from Vanuatu.) we absolutely destroyed the teams, winning 2-1, 5-1 & 6-1. It was a nice surprise but doesn't do anything as far as the challenge goes. The remainder of the league season went by with us going undefeated. We ended up winning 13 of the 16 games including a 9-1 win and a 10-2 win. 

Melanesian Super Cup Win | League Table9-1 Win10-2 WinSquad StatsSeason Review

Following on from this season I have decided to resign from Solomon Warriors. I had won everything apart from the Champions League with them, and I need to move onto another country. There isn't a lot of good job offers available, so it might be a while before I am at a new club. Speaking about new jobs look at this cracker..... (current record of played 16, won 10, drawn 4 and lost 2. Top of the A-League)

Total Landmarks: 1/70

Specific Landmarks: 1/25 
Domestic League Titles (1/3 Oceania - Solomon Island 2017)
0/25 Domestic Cup Titles
0/9 Continental Titles
0/10 International Trophies

2017 Solomon Warriors   1st Telekom S-League   Qualified for O-League
2018 Solomon Warriors   1st Telekom S-League   O-League Finalist, Melanesian Super Cup Winners

1301557.png

Auckland_City_Job_Offer.png

Just as I was about to accept a deal, and head off to Tahiti there was a big change in the plan. I managed to get the dream job of managing Auckland City. Their previous manager had not only managed to lose in the League playoff final, but he had also managed to lose in the O-League Semi Final to Fijian team Suva. Like I said last time, the plan was this to be the last job in Oceania and then move from here over to Australia and then tackle Asia, but I am just hoping that if everything goes according to plan and I win everything that my reputation will still be sufficient enough to go from either Tahiti or Fiji to the A League.

There doesn't seem to be a domestic cup in New Zealand which I find very strange. There is a Charity Cup which looks just like the Community Shield etc. The league has 10 teams with no relegations. The top 4 go into a Semi Final & Final to decide the league winner.

10 minutes ago, Watson156 said:

There doesn't seem to be a domestic cup in New Zealand which I find very strange. There is a Charity Cup which looks just like the Community Shield etc. The league has 10 teams with no relegations. The top 4 go into a Semi Final & Final to decide the league winner.

If there is a playoff in the league, one must win that playoff to be crowned champion. (Or at least thats how it is in most nations with those formats)

What kind of cup tournament do you have there, does it include at least all the 10 teams from the league? If so its possible to count it as a win.

How many games in the league for those 10 teams?

4 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

If there is a playoff in the league, one must win that playoff to be crowned champion. (Or at least thats how it is in most nations with those formats)

What kind of cup tournament do you have there, does it include at least all the 10 teams from the league? If so its possible to count it as a win.

How many games in the league for those 10 teams?

Yes, as I said there is a playoff for the top 4 to decide who wins the league. 2 Semi's & the Final.

There is no cup tournament.

18 league games. Everybody plays each other home & away.

I did start this and got a job in Fiji but kept getting crash dumps, I am reluctant to even play 18 as it seems like there's so many more clicks to get to where you want to be, I don't think it's good long term for there not to be the option to use software rendering is good for long term saves such as this but unless you guys can assure me it won't hurt the longevity of a save, and I haven't seen t myself but loads of people reporting bugs with the match engine kinda putting me off too.

5 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

I did start this and got a job in Fiji but kept getting crash dumps, I am reluctant to even play 18 as it seems like there's so many more clicks to get to where you want to be, I don't think it's good long term for there not to be the option to use software rendering is good for long term saves such as this but unless you guys can assure me it won't hurt the longevity of a save, and I haven't seen t myself but loads of people reporting bugs with the match engine kinda putting me off too.

You didn't combine this with any kind of extra data files? Use leagues from another creator? 

7 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

You didn't combine this with any kind of extra data files? Use leagues from another creator? 

Nope definitely not, just Claasens. It was crashing during interview with a team from Fiji Labrasa so I had interview with Lautoka and was working fine, but still not sure whether to stick to 18 or stay with 17. I really want to get on with 18 but can't seem to get on with it.

5 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

Nope definitely not, just Claasens. It was crashing during interview with a team from Fiji Labrasa so I had interview with Lautoka and was working fine, but still not sure whether to stick to 18 or stay with 17. I really want to get on with 18 but can't seem to get on with it.

OK, understand mate.

Just your decision I guess. I haven't tried this challenge much my self. Just loaded and got a job in Africa to test about the interview. Worked fine for me, didn't try in Oceania. But I will try another continent later as I don't fancy a start in Africa this time. 

So, my journey begins once more! I loaded up all bar a couple of the Oceania leagues and went job hunting. I was interested by 2 jobs in particular- Tahiti U21s (strangely, a club that participates in Tahiti's Premier Division) and my first team from FM17's edition, Solomon Warriors.

In the end, both teams offered me a job and considering the Solomon Islands has a higher reputation, I know how the league works and I know the team better, I decided to make a return to Solomon Warriors. I'd like to think that the Solomon Warriors faithful welcomed me with open arms given my success last year. But how would I get on in season 1?

League Table | Fixtures

Very well, actually! Not the easiest of title wins I'll ever have, with goal difference deciding the winner, but a trophy is a trophy and I'll take it. I simulated the Melanesian Super Cup as it is the least of my worries, and we came 3rd in the group. Not too bothered about that one. Meanwhile, in the O-League, we did well to qualify from our group but Suva were too good for us in the semi-final, defeating us home and away. In the end, Suva got smashed 9-1 on aggregate by Auckland City (who defeated Team Wellington, another of my FM17 clubs, in an all-New Zealand semi-final) in the final so we can't even say we lost to the winners!

Overall, a very good season for us as I pick up my first trophy of the challenge. I am already into season 2 and I will post a (possibly slightly longer!) season review once I have finished. After that, however, I may look to move on as there's no domestic cups in Solomon Islands and realistically, I need either the Team Wellington or Auckland City job to win the O-League.

In coaching badge news, the board have been very generous and provided me with coaching badges all the way up to my National A License- and I am currently studying for a Continental C license! Hopefully with these new coaching badges it will become easier to get jobs in the future ;) 

See you then! :) 

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Continental qual.   | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won | Notes                        |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-18 | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes (1st in League) | O-League semi-final | League Title | Entered Oceanic Hall of Fame |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team | Tourn. qual   | World ranking | Trophies won  |
----------------------------------------------------------------
2017-18 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles
0/25 Domestic Cups
0/9 Continental Club Trophies
0/1 Worldwide Club Trophies
0/7 Continental International Trophies
0/3 Worldwide International Trophies

TROPHY LIST

2017-18: Telekom S-League (Solomon Islands)

CONTINENTAL LEAGUES LIST 

1/3 Oceania
0/3 Asia
0/3 Africa
0/3 South America
0/3 North America
0/3 Europe

3 minutes ago, markypark14 said:

@oohlala111 noob question here, but how did you do the season/trophy summary thing at the bottom of your post?

He uses code button, but simply just copy his text, and paste it into your own update.

Both @oohlala111 and @Watson156 has good updates at the bottom, maybe a combination of them would be "perfect"

I like @oohlala111 update also, but would like one that includes that 1/3 Oceanic leagues, as that makes it a bit clearer when one will have to move continent. (Of course there are 7 "free" leagues that can be won on any continent)

Later there will be an own part of the leaderboards that involves just this part, but I will make that when someone reaches 2 or 3 leagues in the same continent

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Continental qual.   | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won | Notes                        |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-18 | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes (1st in League) | O-League semi-final | League Title | Entered Oceanic Hall of Fame |

INTERNATIONAL

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles (1/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
0/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

@TheEarl something like the above perhaps. Very simple adjustment to @oohlala111 form but shows the split of league titles per continent.

Both looks fine, I "liked" both of them. And everyone feel free to copy something similar.

It might look a bit different when you play nations with several cups. Like I know from last year Ivory Coast has both a league cup and a FA cup. The same goes for some European countries. In South Africa you have both KO and FA cup.

1301557.png

Season Review

Squad StatsTransfer HistorySeason Review

Coming into the season I knew that the only aim was to win everything. We succeeded. The league was a complete 2 horse race between Eastern Suburbs and us. We started the season terribly beginning with 2 loses in the first 4 games, including against Eastern Suburbs. After that we were on our way and didn't lose again. We finally managed to edge ahead of them just after half way through the season and we never looked back. In the playoff semi final we beat Tasman 3-1 in a tight game, and then flattened Eastern Suburbs 5-1 in the final. 

League TableLeague Results5-1 v Eastern Suburbs

The next competition to win was the O-League. Having got to the Final with Solomon Warriors, I was very confident that we would get to the Semi Final or Final depending on when we would play Eastern Suburbs. As expected we walked through our group stage winning games 6-1, 5-0 & 3-0. What made it all the more impressive was that we were able to play our 2nd/rotated squad and rest our main team for the league games. We got a good draw for the Semi Final against New Caledonian team Hienghene Sport. Once again our rotated side did the business winning 6-0 & 6-1. As expected we would play against Eastern Suburbs in the Final. With the league already finished and won, we bought our main team back in for the 2 legs and as expected they finished of the job. A frustrating 1-0 win at home (should have been 6 or 7) and then a tight 3-3 draw away saw us win the O-League.

O-League GroupsO-League Semi Final & Final

After winning the O-League I decided that it would be a good time to walk away and see where I end up next. There was no reason to stay for the World Club Championship, were never going to win, save it for a much better team. I have also decided to add some new leagues from Asia and North America. These are the new leagues loaded.

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Continental qual.   | Cont. Achievements  | Notes                        |
2017    | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes                 | Wasn't in it        | Entered Oceanic Hall of Fame 
2018    | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes                 | O-League Finalists  | Won the Melanesian Cup, Left after League Season 
2019/20 | Auckland City    | 1st         | Yes                 | O-League Winners    | Won the Charity Cup, Left after O-League Win

INTERNATIONAL

2018-19 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2019-20 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

2/25 League Titles (2/3 Oceania (Solomon Islands & New Zealand))
0/25 Domestic Cups
1/9 Continental Club Trophies (O-League)

TROPHY LIST

2017:   Telekom S-League (Solomon Warriors)
2018:   Telekom S-League (Solomon Warriors)
2019-20 ASB Premiership  (Auckland City)
2019-20 O-League         (Auckland City)

The Earl's Giant Quest

The start of a hopefully very long story. I will update with starting screenshots later, but couldn't resist to write a little starting update here.

I took over as manager in late June 2017 of Senegalese club Diambars FC.

Its a bit of waiting time at the beginning of the season, as it doesn't start until November. (I loaded a lot of leagues from Africa, North America, a few Asian leagues and New Zealand and England.)

The club actually has a few good players, but the depth is a nightmare. So I have to bring in a few faces.

I travelled from my native Moss to Saly a sweet distance of 6917km.

As I write this, we have played 6 matches of the 26 to play in the league. We are expected to avoid relegation, but find ourselves in 4th position 6 points of the leaders. There will be both a League Cup and a FA Cup to be played later on in the season.

Diambars-logo.png

Travel-1.jpg

8 hours ago, OneManSnipez said:

@bigmattb28 I was experiencing crash dumps on a test save i did quickly. It happened when i got an interview for my second job.

Annoying ain't it mate! I dunno if it;s to do with the database or not, the graphics I'm using (skins & logos) are all the ones I used in 17 with zero problems.

1 hour ago, OneManSnipez said:

By the time i was employed they had already bombed out of the OCL :(

I got to the semifinals, where I was knocked by Auckland City. No chance there.

On the league, I finished second while tied in points with AS Magenta.

Anyhow, I started a new save with a slight modification in the leagues I loaded and I have been appointed as Solomon Warriors manager.

fXi2vwx.png

Season Review 2017

End of Season Rewards Pt 1                          End of Season Awards Pt 2                      End of Season Review        

League (Winners)

The board expected a mid-table finish, but with only 8 teams in the league the title would not be out the question. It turned into a 2-horse race between myself and Suva, who would be my biggest rivals throughout all the competitions. In the end the title was won on the last day of the season.

League Table                              Results

Champions vs Champions (Winners)

The season opener saw me take on last season's league winners Ba. A strong 4v1 win in the first leg set us up nicely and despite their best efforts, Ba were unable to overcome the difference, winning the 2nd leg 3v2 but succumbing 6v4 on aggregate.

First Leg                               Second Leg

FA Cup Tournament (Winners)

The first of the three group stage tournaments in the season. Started of horribly suffering a 4v0 defeat at the hands of rivals Suva. However we recovered and won the remaining two group games to qualify for the semi finals. There we were drawn away to Rakiraki. An entertaining tie finished 2v2 at full time, with 3 further goals in extra time seeing as squeeze through 4v3. The final saw as come up against Suva again, and this time we exacted our revenge for the opening defeat with a 1v0 win.

Group Stages                              Semi Final                               Final

Battle of the Giants (Runners-Up)

A tougher time had in this competition, drawing the first two group games against Nadi and Ba before winning the final game against Lautoka to secure advancement to the semi finals. We were drawn against Rakiraki again, however it was a more comfortable game, winning 3v1 in the end. The final saw us face Suva, and despite having the better chances, Suva won with a second half penalty.

Group Stages                              Semi Final                               Final                             

Interdistrict Championship (Winners)

The final competition of the season saw us win all three group games before beating Ba 4v1 in the semi finals. The final was against (you guessed it!) Suva, and we were far more ruthless this time out winning 4v1.

Group Stages                              Semi Final                               Final

CLUB

2017    | Labasa           | 1st         | N/A                 | N/A                 | League Title |  Won 3/4 domestic cup comps  |

INTERNATIONAL

2017    | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles (1/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
0/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

2017: National Football League (Fiji)

So with the only competition in Fiji which counts won, I need to decide where to move to next. I could stay and have a go and the OCL but I doubt i would stand a chance of winning.

So after taking the decision to step down from Labasa, applied for some available jobs and have now moved on.

432936.png

Vaivase-Tai FC - Samoa

The season doesn't start until September 2018 (currently March 2018) so a long wait before the games start. The board expect a mid-table finish in the league and to be competitive in the Samoan Cup.

@TheEarl Competition details; League has 12 teams, playing each other once. Samoan Cup includes all 12 league teams split into two groups of 6 playing each other once, top 2 qualify for semi finals.

17 hours ago, markypark14 said:

So after taking the decision to step down from Labasa, applied for some available jobs and have now moved on.

432936.png

Vaivase-Tai FC - Samoa

The season doesn't start until September 2018 (currently March 2018) so a long wait before the games start. The board expect a mid-table finish in the league and to be competitive in the Samoan Cup.

@TheEarl Competition details; League has 12 teams, playing each other once. Samoan Cup includes all 12 league teams split into two groups of 6 playing each other once, top 2 qualify for semi finals.

Good work mate. As 18 keeps crashing for me I can't check, but on 17 in Fiji there was always a massive gap between games, is it still there on 18?

21 hours ago, OneManSnipez said:

By the time i was employed they had already bombed out of the OCL :(

Hows 18 running for you? I'm still very reluctant to play it and stick to 17, can't handle the crashes!

So, this is my manager, named after myself.

Season Review 2017 (Solomon Warriors)

League (Winners)

We started solid, though we were never leaders as many teams had more games played than us (strange calendar). Both games we lost, we were up 2-0. Plus, Marist Fire managed to steal a draw from us with 10 men. Hadn't we had so many setbacks, we would have won the league at least one matchday in advance.

CLUB

2017    | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | N/A                 | N/A                 | League Title |  Entered Oceanic Hall of Fame|

INTERNATIONAL

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles (1/3 OFC (Solomon Islands), 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
0/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

2017: Telekom-S League (Solomon Islands)

I'll edit with a few screens later, as I am having some issue now. In the meantime, I can confirm I have moved to Fiji to be the new manager of Rakiraki, team that finished 7th, only 3 points above relegation on 2017.

Solomon Warriors Season 2 Review

League Table | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Well, a pretty good season overall. In the league, we lost 2 of our first 6 league games but we recovered really well as we went unbeaten for the rest of the league season, picking up 7 wins and 3 draws. Last season we scraped over the line on goal difference but it was a little more comfortable as we finished 3 points clear of our nearest opposition.

The O-League was very disappointing as despite picking up 7 points, we missed out on a semi-final place thanks to New Zealand side Eastern Suburbs- all because they had a slightly bigger goal difference than us. Eastern Suburbs went on to claim a shock O-League title, defeating Auckland in the semi-finals, before going on to smash Suva 5-1 in the final.

After O-League disappointment, I decided to resign and look for jobs elsewhere as I had already won the title at Solomon Warriors and I was not going to win the O-League there. I applied for jobs at AS Magenta and Suva to try and build up my reputation but then a huge vacancy appeared- Auckland City. I applied for the job and, somehow, I got an interview. I answered all of their questions- most of them just criticising me for how I handled things in my previous job- but did I get the job?

Spoiler

Yes I did! Auckland City offered me the job and of course I took it. Auckland won the league last season but their huge spell of dominance in the O-League was ended by fellow New Zealanders Eastern Suburbs so it's my job to retain the league title and secure a continental trophy next season. 

Update to come at the end of season 3 :) 

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Continental qual.   | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won | Notes                          |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-18 | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes (1st in League) | O-League semi-final | League Title | Entered Oceanic Hall of Fame   |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018-19 | Solomon Warriors | 1st         | Yes (1st in league) | O-League groups     | League Title | Resigned from Solomon Warriors |

INTERNATIONAL

2018-19 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

0/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

2018-19: Telekom S-League (Solomon Islands)

432936.png

Season Review 2018

End of Season Awards Pt 1             End of Season Awards Pt 2        End of Season Review       

League (6th)

The very short Samoan season was a challenge, with only 11 league games meaning any slip ups would cost you dearly. And that is what happened, a poor start killed of any possible title challenge. We had a very good mid-season but struggled again towards the end. However the board were satisfied that I had met their expectations.

League Table                     Results

Samoan Cup (Winners)

The group stages of the cup got off to a good start with 3 wins on the bounce putting us in pole position for qualification. A draw and a defeat at the end wasn't enough for us to drop from top place but did make me nervous for the semi final. And it was a tough game, having a player sent off after only 25 minutes, however we fought bravely and squeezed out a 2v1 win.  The final was more comfortable in the end but it took us half an hour to really get going.

Group Stages                          Semi Final                             Final

CLUB

2017    | Labasa           | 1st         | N/A                 | N/A                 | League Title | Won 3/4 domestic cup comps   |
2018    | Vaivase-Tai      | 6th         | N/A                 | N/A                 | Samoan Cup   | N/A                          |

INTERNATIONAL

2018    | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |

TROPHIES WON

1/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

2017: National Football League (Fiji)
2018: Samoan Cup (Samoa)

Archived