Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
FM_Mike

Can't change screen resolution

Recommended Posts

For some reason I can't change the screen resolution or change it to windowed any ideas? 

IMG_20171209_210141.thumb.jpg.c4300bb886ba598eef02d0421516c5af.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey  dude, now seriously...

FM18 seems unfinished and have lots and loads of bugs...
this is one of them, you can't change the screen resolution anymore...

i really regret of buying this year's version, hope someone could fix that and bring us a finished version!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jeff.fit82 said:

FM18 seems unfinished and have lots and loads of bugs...
this is one of them, you can't change the screen resolution anymore...

 

That's not a bug, they've done that by design. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jeff.fit82 said:

hey  dude, now seriously...

FM18 seems unfinished and have lots and loads of bugs...
this is one of them, you can't change the screen resolution anymore...

i really regret of buying this year's version, hope someone could fix that and bring us a finished version!

Jeff hey man.

I sense you are one on the same frustrationlist as i am, but altho the re is flaws, annoying bugs and it feels "unfinished" dont forget the pressure they have to deliver at same time every year.
Incorporating new featuires, testing everything and fixing thinngs as fast as they can dont necessary mean they intentionally deliver us something thats unfinished.

I think its more complex than that.

and even if im equally frustrated regarding bugs, if you ahve patience you can still enjoy the game, and if you cant, then just play something else for some weeks until bugs are fixed. doing that prevents youre experience from beeing a negative one, and it would mean you come back with fresh eyes to enjoy a product thats a lot better :)

hope you have a good sunday :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Helmerzinho said:

Jeff hey man.

I sense you are one on the same frustrationlist as i am, but altho the re is flaws, annoying bugs and it feels "unfinished" dont forget the pressure they have to deliver at same time every year.
Incorporating new featuires, testing everything and fixing thinngs as fast as they can dont necessary mean they intentionally deliver us something thats unfinished.

I think its more complex than that.

and even if im equally frustrated regarding bugs, if you ahve patience you can still enjoy the game, and if you cant, then just play something else for some weeks until bugs are fixed. doing that prevents youre experience from beeing a negative one, and it would mean you come back with fresh eyes to enjoy a product thats a lot better :)

hope you have a good sunday :p 

im happy here with my FM17 mate!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To change the resolution you would need to change the Windows Display resolution and this will take effect in game.

You can also use the 'Zoom' settings available to change how it appears.

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

To change the resolution you would need to change the Windows Display resolution and this will take effect in game.

You can also use the 'Zoom' settings available to change how it appears.

Thanks. 

Hi, 

My screen resolution is set to 1280x720 this is what I don't understand why it's not giving me that option in game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, it's because 1024x768 is the minimum resolution supported by the game. So it's reverting it to the lowest closest to what you've set your system to. 

If you change it so it's higher than 720 it'll allow you to do so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/12/2017 at 12:29, Neil Brock said:
On 16/12/2017 at 11:10, Neil Brock said:

Ah, it's because 1024x768 is the minimum resolution supported by the game. So it's reverting it to the lowest closest to what you've set your system to. 

If you change it so it's higher than 720 it'll allow you to do so. 

I can't go any higher then 720 so does that mean I just can't' play FM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really surprised you can't - any chance you can attach your dxdiag? Details here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-find-my-system-dxdiag-r400/

Also may be worth trying the following to see if it helps:

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2018 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM18 through Steam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drusalin said:

STUPID IDIOTS SIGAMES FIX THIS PROBLEM !!!

What exactly is your problem? If you create your own thread describing your issue in as much detail as possible we'll try to help.

Also please try and be respectful on this forums. Whilst we can definitely understand the frustrations that come with any product you've paid for, abusing people is neither helpful or necessary. 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, davelincs said:

how can I zoom the text out more than 85%?

On the first screen in Preferences

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×