Trend of AI Teams Selecting Injured Players on Match Day?

I am noticing a trend of AI teams selecting injured players in their match squad, with no consideration of the severity of risk associated with doing so. Leicester below selected 8 (eight) injured players against me, most of whom were only 85% fit. Despite this they played their usual high press super-aggressive tactic for 90 minutes, and it took my best performance of the season to contain them. For me, there should be a closer link between player condition and their ability to play such high tempo aggressive football.

I'm jut not seeing a drop off in performance towards the latter stages of games. If a team is out on its feet, it shouldn't be able to 'go attacking' in the gung-ho warp speed fashion we see so often from the AI in the final 10 minutes of games.

image.thumb.png.3872a1827e522f544c96c7613f33c8b2.png

It's not an injured player at all, it's a player recovering from an injury.

Playing that type of player can be less dangerous than a overworked player. A heavily overworked player will have high injury risk, where playing the recently injured is a much smaller chance.

Tbf, one of my players gets a knock and if he's not off the pitch within 5 minutes, he'll be injured, basically he's gotta be subbed. Been that way for like... 8 editions of FM?

On other hand, AI seems to be able to keep a player with a knock on the pitch for 90 mins during which time he'll likely make an impact.

Archived