[Discussion] Media Interviews

teknotel

For such a in depth simulation I really think the media interactions are incredibly tedious and repetitive.

It seems this year there are more instances where you react with the media, and I can see some new options which is cool, but I really think this area could do with a re work as it really is a bit simplistic, tedious and not really adding that much to the game. Feels more like a chore when you are literally answering the same questions over and over and over again.

Some times you even answer the same question twice in one interview and then they even come back and ask you that one question again the a but later in response to another manager!

Personally I think there each different style/personality of interviewer should have a different question set for different situation. Might be a lot of work, but I think its totally achievable and would actually make a big difference to interviewing. Their should be some pros and cons depending on how you deal with pres situations and ideally some sort of memory where depending on how you get on with the various media outlets, depends how they paint you in their news. Could have small effects on players, fans and the board if you mishandle these situations etc.

I think this should be at least the starting point and could even be developed a lot more to be more in depth, realisitic and actually enjoyable, rather then being tedious.

What do people think?

Totally agree, media interviews are a chore, and not fun at all. The limited pool of questions makes the questions you face become far too repetitive too quickly. It completely puts me off wanting to play the game.

The types of tone which you can use in order to respond to questions are very limited and unrealistic too. 

• 1 year later...

Archived