[FM18] Recolour Player Instructions Mentality Box

fmFutbolManager

Hey guys.

This year, I have noticed that the mentality bar on the player instructions panel is broken up into 20 sections, however, it's really hard to see them (see highlighted screenshot). Does anyone know what controls the colour of the individual bars that make up the 20 so I can adjust them? I know last year there were discussions about modding this section to show the number overlay on this section so you could see the mentality, but I think the bars are a cleaner solution if I can change the colour of them to make them stand out more. 

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 10.40.07.png

The green bit is controlled by the 'selected instruction' colour and the empty boxes are controlled by the 'box_background' colour set in the settings file.

To change the empty boxes without changing them through the skin you'll need to edit the 'tactics position instructions dialog' xml file found in the panels\dialogs folder locate this line:

<widget class="adjustable_bar" id="ment" height="30" bar_filler_colour="0" file="adjustable bar overlaid" ShTx="false">

And change the colour bit to the colour name you want to use (no idea why it's a number by default but putting a name changes the colour fine).

Yeah if you want to just edit that file then just extract the contents of the panels.fmf file (as I don't think extracting a single file is working at the moment) then find that file in the panels/dialogs folder and copy it into the panels/dialogs folder for the skin you are using (if the folders don't exist create them, if you are using the default skins then you can just create the panels/dialogs folder in the FM18 folder in your My Docs folder and pace it there).

Sorry, one final question if I may. Previously in FM17 we used to be able to adjust the ShTx="false" value to true to show the mentality number. Do you know why this is no longer possible?

<!--player mentality-->
        <container class="inner_titled_box" appearance="boxes/inner/titled small/paper">
          <translation id="title" translation_id="348204" type="use" value="Mentality[Comment: prefix used before mentality type text on quick tactical instruction button during match]" />

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" gap="0" />
          <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<widget class="adjustable_bar" id="ment" height="30" bar_filler_colour="grey" file="adjustable bar overlaid" ShTx="false">
            <translation id="hint" translation_id="396533" type="use" value="A player's Mentality affects their attitude on the pitch in relation to balancing their attacking and defensive duties within the overall framework of the Team Mentality. Players are afforded a more attacking approach with a Mentality closer to the maximum, whilst a more defensive outlook is taken when it is set closer to the minimum end of the scale.[COMMENT: bug 130007]" />
          </widget>

</container>

• michaeltmurrayuk changed the title to [FM18] Recolour Player Instructions Mentality Box
  • 5 months later...

Mentality_Bar_crop.jpg

Is there any way to make the green section split into bits like the white portion? Its still quite hard to see how many sections of green there is.

I doubt it, but you could try changing the type of adjustable bar used in the file part of the code I quoted above. You can find the other adjustable bar types in the sitoolkit\panels folder, or play around with the linked file though it depends on whether the game is generating just one solid bar or several individual ones, if its several you might be able to adjust the gap value to split them up.

16 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

I doubt it, but you could try changing the type of adjustable bar used in the file part of the code I quoted above. You can find the other adjustable bar types in the sitoolkit\panels folder, or play around with the linked file though it depends on whether the game is generating just one solid bar or several individual ones, if its several you might be able to adjust the gap value to split them up.

Sorry mate, didn't understand a word of that. Could you demonstrate for someone with very little (read No) skinning skills.

1 hour ago, Atarin said:

Sorry mate, didn't understand a word of that. Could you demonstrate for someone with very little (read No) skinning skills.

From this line in the above file:

<widget class="adjustable_bar" id="ment" height="30" bar_filler_colour="0" file="adjustable bar overlaid" ShTx="false">

Try changing the highlighted file bit to point to a different file. The other adjustable bar files can be found in the sitoolkit\panels folder which you'll need to extract from the sitoolki fmf file, instructions on how to extract files are linked further up the thread.

To edit the gap values you'll need to edit which file you have listed in the file path above, in those files will be a bit of code that looks like:

gap="0"

Change the value to increase the gap to see if that does anything.

I have spent a long time trawling through the stickies and I can't find the specific bits of info that I'm looking for.

I've got the dark base skin, I've also got a fully extracted dark base skin. I have the file @D_LO_ posted. What I can't find is which folder, precisely, I'm supposed to paste it into.

I get what you're saying @D_LO_ about there being no shortcuts but when you don't even know what it is you're looking for it can be pretty tough. Again, I have no skinning experience.

As said above the xml file just goes into the panels folder for the skin you are using, if you are using the default skins then you should just be able to create a panels folder inside your user data location (the SI folder in the My Documents folder) and then put the xml file in there.

Also note when downloading files through the forum it might rename them so you'll need to make sure the file is still called adjustable bar overlaid after you have downloaded it.

Then turn the skin cache off and reload the skin and the changes should apply. (If you have installed it into the base skin files then you'll need to also switch to using that skin).

Archived