FM18 Greenland League and National Team

This file is a continuation of of my FM17 Greenland database database and contains the Greenlandic national team which replaces Kazakhstan in UEFA who have returned to their rightful home of the AFC. I have edited over Kiribati to create the Greenland national team, this way regens are generated as well as the national team manager picking a squad of players for internationals, both which are otherwise lacking when overwriting an extinct nation.  A logo pack, kits and stadium pack are also included.

All players have automatic Danish second nationality.

The Greenland national team have moved into a brand new (fake, but planned) domed national stadium. This was created due to the real stadia within Greenland being far from capable of holding international football.

There is large graphics pack included, containing - kits, logos and a full stadium pack.

Competitions Included:

The Coca-Cola GM

The top level of domestic competition in Greenland, 30 teams are drawn into regional groups of 6 (North, Central, Disco Bay, East and South) with the top 2 from each regional group progressing to the national group stage. The national group stage is split into 2 groups of 5 teams, with the top 2 from each group progressing into the champions play-off a straight knockout to crown the champions of Greenland!

Though the format represents real life, I have allowed myself some creative freedom, mainly having 6 teams in each regional group which actually differs year to year and usually contains a maximum of 5 or in East Greenlands case 2 or 3! However due to editor capabilities and wanting to have every region of Greenland represented equally I have decided to include 6 teams from each region. Secondly in real life only 8 teams progress into the national group stage, however I felt having 10 split into groups of 5 would allow for more games and a better experience.

The league is played between Late June and the middle of August when weather permits outdoor football.

Winner qualifies for Champions League first qualifying round with the beaten finalist and semi finalists qualifying for the Europa League first qualifying round.

The Greenland Indoor Football Championship

The Greenland indoor football championship is played within 5 regional sub divisions (North, Central, Disco Bay, East and South), with between 6 to 8 teams competing in the 5 divisions. At the end of the sub divisions the regional champions are crowned and progress, along with the three best runners up, into the Greenland Indoor Football Championship a straight knockout to crown Greenland's best indoor football team.

The season is played between March and May when conditions are still too harsh to play outside.

In game the league will be represented by domed stadiums with old style hard synthetic pitches and still will be played 11 a-side. This is purely down to editor limitations rather than an oversight.

National Team

The national team now enters the UEFA Nations League and all World Cup and European Championship Qualifiers run correctly, thanks to some excellent editing work from Krlenjushka.

Also Included:

• Over 160 real players and staff. Some clubs have full squads
  • Awards
  • Media sources
  • Rivalries and Derby Games
  • Ethnic Greenlandic clubs playing in Denmark (currently not playable) 
  • U18 Regional Leages

Known Issues:

• Population is almost double that of Greenland's in real life; again this is due to overwriting Kiribati and unfortunately cannot be edited.
  • The file cannot be verified, I would assume this is because of the leagues complexity, however the file runs perfectly with no crashes, tested over several seasons.
  • Staff regens all appear as black of mixed race, I assume this is because I edited over Kiribati. However regen players do not seem to follow suit.

To Do:

• Add more Players and Staff - Many teams currently have real squads, but I am hoping to add managers and a few players for even the most obscure team
  • Add more weather conditions

Download Link! - Greenland

b-67 overview.png

G44 overview.png

Coca-Cola GM Overview.png

Coca-Cola GM History.png

Awards.png

Greenland overview.png

Greenland UEFA Nations League.png

So greenlandic team partecipate to CL/EL? And national ranking go up/down dependig club's results in CL/EL?

Kazakhstan is in AFC: AFC competition (AFC CL and AFC Cup) work well?

However, good work ;)

15 hours ago, erikeagles said:

Great !!

Can you put it on steam? 

Unfortunately it appears I cannot upload this file to steam, the option is greyed out to publish it there. So I'm afraid the direct link will have to suffice for now! Sorry!

12 hours ago, PaMi 7 said:

So greenlandic team partecipate to CL/EL? And national ranking go up/down dependig club's results in CL/EL?

Kazakhstan is in AFC: AFC competition (AFC CL and AFC Cup) work well?

However, good work ;)

Indeed all is working correctly for Greenland and Greenlandic clubs. Kazakhstan enter AFC international Competitions, however the clubs do not seem to appear in the AFC Champions League. Pretty sure the competition is hard-coded unfortunately!  

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

I read in another thread where someone else wanted to recreate Greenland that setting the Latitude/longitude for the Greenland helped in getting the correct ethnicity for the players.

I have set that for all cities, however players and staff were generated as black/mixed race. Now I've managed a workaround which makes all Greenlandic players have Danish second nationality players appear as white/Scandinavian looking, which again isn't ideal, but probably more realistic than the alternative!  I think it's because I wrote over Kiribati who have their regens hardcoded to appear that way.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Amazing work! I tried making a Greenland DB but I wasn't good enough with the editor to get it working without glitching, glad someone else could.

How'd you find the information for all of the players? I could barely find anything online when I was looking to fill the DB.

hey good rebel thanks for this i was wondering if there was a way to boost green-lands rep and prize money using your outstanding work as a template would be fun to make greenland the home of good players right off the bat. Either way cant wait to manage b-67 

• 1 month later...

Archived