How do i stop my wide men changing sides?

20 hours ago, Davey Boy said:

I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 wide i don't have them on swap positions but they do so anyway, how can i stop this?

Not something i have noticed to any extent playing an identical formation to you. 

My suggestions would be you if you are playing with a Fluid / Very Fluid system you are affording your players creative licence to make decisions on the pitch that deviate from your tactical setup. If you have the [More Expressive] Team Instruction enabled, this too may also be allowing your players to wonder from your tactical template and take it upon themselves to switch at times. Reigning in the creative freedom afforded to your 2 wingers may help in 'forcing' them to stick to their assigned roles and positions.

on the tactics screen there is the option for players to switch, common tactic for wingers / wide me. Check your tactics screen for relevamt formations BEFORE a match and I suspect you may have this set

Some players naturally can play both sides so manager's often use this e.g. an AMR winger could become an AML inside forward etc...may confuse defences with man marking etc etc

Archived