Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community

Recommended Posts

In my 3rd season with Cambridge and after back to back promotions im sat mid table in the championship. Ive managed to save quite a bit of money through smart signings and a few decent cup runs. Im filling my stadium 100% every game this season but theres no option to request the board for a stadium expansion. I can request a new build but ill need a ridiculous amount for that.

any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simplest explanation is that the current capacity is the maximum expandable capacity. You can check that via Editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same problem at Blackburn as because of houses around the stadium I couldn't expand it anymore, id already expanded it from 34000 to 38000. After that I had no option to increase it so I built a new 46000 with a maximum of increase of 65000 and after that I had the option to increase it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, _ali_bongo_ said:

i dont even seem to have the option to ask the board to get a response such as "houses in the way"

Remember if you recently asked the board about expanding it takes a few weeks before it becomes available again. I had a similar problem on the last FM so I assume no change, after a year and year and a half of asking the board caved and started on a new stadium, took me into £80m of debt. So be carful what you ask for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SpikeHughes said:

Remember if you recently asked the board about expanding it takes a few weeks before it becomes available again. I had a similar problem on the last FM so I assume no change, after a year and year and a half of asking the board caved and started on a new stadium, took me into £80m of debt. So be carful what you ask for. 

i havent had the option to "ask for expansion" at all over 3 seasons, only to ask for a new stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I am aware the New Stadium option will have overridden the expansion option - the new stadium option only generally appears once you are at your expansion capacity, when the expansion request is moot due to the fact that it'll be rejected every time. So your only option to expand is a new stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

As far as I am aware the New Stadium option will have overridden the expansion option - the new stadium option only generally appears once you are at your expansion capacity, when the expansion request is moot due to the fact that it'll be rejected every time. So your only option to expand is a new stadium.

looks like i need to get saving then! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, if the expansion capacity runs out, the next step is to build a new stadium which will cost a truck load of money. I believe the least might be over $120mill. A lot of it usually goes into a loan though, so I believe you can get it started with less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I done a save with Cambridge last year, I believe the current stadium is owned by the council and is at max capacity, so only way to build is a new stadium, but be careful though as when we built one I got 20k capacity but expansion of only an extra 3k, so I had to use an in game editor to make it be expanded up to 60k as I read you can't build two stadiums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coreytst said:

I done a save with Cambridge last year, I believe the current stadium is owned by the council and is at max capacity, so only way to build is a new stadium, but be careful though as when we built one I got 20k capacity but expansion of only an extra 3k, so I had to use an in game editor to make it be expanded up to 60k as I read you can't build two stadiums.

Wait, are you saying that once a new stadium is built while you're in charge, you'll never get a new one after that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wateronglass said:

Wait, are you saying that once a new stadium is built while you're in charge, you'll never get a new one after that?

20 year hardcoded limit between building stadiums (unless changed in this version). Hence the advice to wait to build a new stadium, until your road to glory team is established as a top division team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wateronglass said:

Wait, are you saying that once a new stadium is built while you're in charge, you'll never get a new one after that?

Yeah, that what's I read, I was looking for similar answer to what you asked and then read people saying that you only get one new stadium and its very very unlikely you'll then get another one when you need it.

You've done great to get Cambridge where they are in three seasons, I think I built my stadium in the championship but then bought the in game editor to change the available expansion to 60k or something so that my save wasn't ruined, i made Cambridge world beaters before I left and that wouldn't have happened if I was stuck in a 23k stadium, I hated that I had to cheat as such but I didn't think it realistic that a club would spend £150m on a new stadium for it to only be expanded by 3k seats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nacaw said:

20 year hardcoded limit between building stadiums (unless changed in this version). Hence the advice to wait to build a new stadium, until your road to glory team is established as a top division team 

OK I didn't see this answer, where is that from? 20 years does make a bit of sense, if i had known that then I would've still changed the amount of seats I could upgrade but only to like 42-45k instead of 60k as like I said building new stadium but only allowing 3k upgrade seems wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Nacaw said:

20 year hardcoded limit between building stadiums (unless changed in this version). Hence the advice to wait to build a new stadium, until your road to glory team is established as a top division team 

Oh right. In FM17 with Poole I had a stadium built in 2020 when we were in the National League. Now it's 2038 and been in the Premier League for 5 years, including a year of Europa League...with a capacity of 13,000.

Hopefully in two years time the board don't skimp out cause I don't think I'm going to be around on this save for another 20 years! How much is it liable to cost, and what should I be expecting for capacity? We've got £136 million in the bank right now, and projections estimate £180 million by 2040.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, coreytst said:

OK I didn't see this answer, where is that from? 20 years does make a bit of sense, if i had known that then I would've still changed the amount of seats I could upgrade but only to like 42-45k instead of 60k as like I said building new stadium but only allowing 3k upgrade seems wrong.

Best SI source I could find was in this thread, but even there it says 25 years, with a lot of players claiming it's 20.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wateronglass said:

Oh right. In FM17 with Poole I had a stadium built in 2020 when we were in the National League. Now it's 2038 and been in the Premier League for 5 years, including a year of Europa League...with a capacity of 13,000.

Hopefully in two years time the board don't skimp out cause I don't think I'm going to be around on this save for another 20 years! How much is it liable to cost, and what should I be expecting for capacity? We've got £136 million in the bank right now, and projections estimate £180 million by 2040.

Price depends on the country, so naturally the UK is one of the more expensive ones. To give you an idea, I've found these screenshots from Dafuge on an earlier FM version. I wouldn't expect the cost to have changed much..

dafuge-19.png

dafuge-41.png

dafuge-56.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, coreytst said:

Yeah, that what's I read, I was looking for similar answer to what you asked and then read people saying that you only get one new stadium and its very very unlikely you'll then get another one when you need it.

You've done great to get Cambridge where they are in three seasons, I think I built my stadium in the championship but then bought the in game editor to change the available expansion to 60k or something so that my save wasn't ruined, i made Cambridge world beaters before I left and that wouldn't have happened if I was stuck in a 23k stadium, I hated that I had to cheat as such but I didn't think it realistic that a club would spend £150m on a new stadium for it to only be expanded by 3k seats.

annoyingly, my board have just announced that they're building a new stadium, mid way through my second season in the champ. Looks like a 20k seater :/ after reading everyones comments i was going to hold off until the prem before asking. 

 

looks like its been taken out of my hands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, _ali_bongo_ said:

annoyingly, my board have just announced that they're building a new stadium, mid way through my second season in the champ. Looks like a 20k seater :/ after reading everyones comments i was going to hold off until the prem before asking. 

 

looks like its been taken out of my hands

Yes, that's an unfortunate drawback from a lot of early success in the lower leagues. Depending on your expansion potential, it makes sense to use an editor in those cases

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2017 at 13:40, Nacaw said:

Yes, that's an unfortunate drawback from a lot of early success in the lower leagues. Depending on your expansion potential, it makes sense to use an editor in those cases

Do you know if the 'new stadium only every 20 years' stipulation applies to decisions the board make for themselves?

And look at all that free space on both ends! Max capacity my arse! :D

stadia.jpg

Edited by wateronglass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/12/2017 at 13:26, _ali_bongo_ said:

annoyingly, my board have just announced that they're building a new stadium, mid way through my second season in the champ. Looks like a 20k seater :/ after reading everyones comments i was going to hold off until the prem before asking. 

 

looks like its been taken out of my hands

Anymore news on this, be interested to see what happens with how much the stadium can expand to.

I'm wondering if its a geography thing where there is no space in Cambridge to build, I've never been there so not really sure, only reasoning started a save with them was because I done a save on ultimate soccer manager 98 I think it was and always kept an eye on them since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...