Stuff Reputation it's all about FORM

mark wilson27

Season One 2017/18:
July 1st 2017:
The FA have finally had enough of the butt kisser Gareth Southgate and replaced him with no nonsense Mark Wilson a man known for his I couldn't give a rats ass approach to management. He is being reportedly being paid £79,000 per week and the FA want him to qualify with ease for the World Cup. The fans are seemingly impressed with the FA's choice however we all know how fickle England fans can be when the results are going the wrong way.
England are currently ranked 13th in the World.
During the press conference I was asked what my selection policy would be, would I be going for reputation or form. I told the journalists that it was all about form but unlike previous managers I will have the balls to follow through with it.
I also made sure I let every player know that if they aren't playing for their clubs they won't be playing for my England side.

July 2nd:
I met up with the national sides physio and he informed me that we had six players out on long term injuries and they are Ross Barkley who is out for 4-6 weeks with a hernia, Nathaniel Clyne who will be out for around 5-6 months with a damaged spine. Adam Lallana will be out for around 4-5 months with a torn thigh muscle and Danny Rose will be out for 3-4 months with knee tendinitis. The final two players out are Daniel Sturridge who is out for around two months with a pulled thigh and Jack Wilshere who is out for around 3-6 weeks with a broken leg. We'll have to see how much playing time they'll get when they come back from injury

July 3rd:
My next job was too set up a few friendlies with Belgium, Argentina and Germany all coming to Wembley before the end of the year. Hopefully playing the bigger names in world football will improve us. I have also made two more friendlies for 2018 with a trip to the San Siro to face Italy and a trip to the Stade de France to face funnily enough France.

July 12th:
The World Rankings sees us drop to 14th in the world with Argentina top. The most improved nation is Laos who moved from 173rd to 104th

August 16th:
We remain in 14th in the World Rankings with Argentina top of the pile. The most improved nation is Central African Rep who moved up to 122nd from 128th

August 21st:
With two days before I name my first England squad I have been presented with the injury list and it looks like Connor Wickham, Nathaniel Clyne, Danny Rose, Marcus Rashford, Eric Dier and Adam Lallana all out for definite. Ross Barkley and Daniel Sturridge have both recovered from their long terms injuries but not sure if they have had enough playing time 

Ben - To be fair the World Rankings is a shambles as you'll probably see later in the story

Gav - The players I will be choosing will all be playing in the top league of whatever country their in, but it is just pure form. It's quite interesting the players that start filtering into the squad and the so called super stars that suddenly never appear again

August 23rd:
Its now time for me to pick the squad for the forthcoming games against Malta(153) and Slovakia (25). The squad is as follows:-

| Position    | Name            | Club        | Age         | Caps        | Goals       | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK          | Tom Heaton      | Burnley     | 31          | 3           | -           | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK          | Fraser Forster  | Southampton | 29          | 6           | -           | 
| GK          | Jordan Pickford | Everton     | 23          | 0           | -           | 
| D (C)       | Phil Jones      | Man Utd     | 25          | 21          | -           | 
| D (C)       | Harry Maguire   | Leicester   | 24          | 0           | -           | 
| D (C)       | John Stones     | Man City    | 23          | 18          | -           | 
| D (C)       | Axel Tuanzebe   | Burnley     | 19          | 0           | -           | 
| D (C)       | Rob Holding     | Arsenal     | 21          | 0           | -           | 
| D (RC)      | Craig Dawson    | West Brom   | 27          | 0           | -           | 
| D (L)       | Leighton Baines | Everton     | 32          | 30          | 1           | 
| D (L)       | Matthew Targett | Hull        | 21          | 0           | -           | 
| D/WB (R)    | Kyle Walker     | Man City    | 27          | 27          | -           | 
| DM, M (C)   | Andrew Surman   | Bournemouth | 31          | 0           | -           | 
| M (C)       | Matty James     | Leicester   | 26          | 0           | -           | 
| M (RL)      | Marc Pugh       | Bournemouth | 30          | 0           | -           | 
| M (RL)      | Marc Albrighton | Leicester   | 27          | 0           | -           | 
| M/AM (C)    | Dele Alli       | Tottenham   | 21          | 19          | 2           | 
| AM (RL)     | Tom Ince        | Huddersfield| 25          | 0           | -           | 
| ST (C)      | Peter Crouch    | Stoke       | 36          | 42          | 22          | 
| ST (C)      | Saido Berahino  | Stoke       | 24          | 0           | -           | 
| ST (C)      | Harry Kane      | Tottenham   | 24          | 19          | 8           | 
| ST (C)      | Andre Gray      | Watford     | 26          | 0           | -           | 
| ST (C)      | Jamie Vardy     | Leicester   | 30          | 16          | 6           | 

After announcing the squad Wayne Rooney announced his International retirement after 119 games and 53 goals for England. He truly can be counted as a great and holds the record for the most goals scored. I would've loved to have had the chance to manage him at some point but I can't change his mind.
The press made it clear that they were alittle surprised that I had called up 13 potential debutants. 
However like I said in my opening press conference if a player is playing well they will get a chance in my side.

August 29th:
The squad have all met up with me at the teams hotel knowing that a double win here could potentially put us through to the World Cup

August 31st:
I have been asked to pick the sides Captain and Vice Captain for the forthcoming qualifying tournament. I have chosen Harry Kane as my new Captain and Phil Jones as my new Vice Captain.

That's a lot of uncapped players. :lol:

I'm a little surprised that Targett's in the squad, considering he's at a Championship team. Are you hard-pushed for fit Premier League left-backs? I know Rose is injured, but is Shaw not playing for Man Utd, or Bertrand for Southampton, or even Chilwell for Leicester?

Chris - Targett's inclusion was a boo boo by me, I completely forgot to check his side whilst picking him and by the time I realized I had press that damn submit button. As for the other three players their form was in the low 6's so weren't anyway close to being picked. It was alittle difficult to pick the squad due to only a handful of games being played

September 1st:
Malta (Wembley, London) World Cup Qualifying Grp 6 (7/10)
My first game in charge couldn't have gotten off to a better start as on the 8th minute A.Gray showed some skill to beat the Malta defence and wasted no time in firing under the keeper. Two minutes later we were two goals up as D.Alli hitting a great shot from outside the area and into the back of the net. We were all over the away side and on the 17th minute A.Gray grabbed his second goal of the game with a bullet header from a T.Ince cross. Malta weren't getting near the ball and on the 36th minute a poorly timed challenge on H.Kane saw us awarded a penalty, A.Gray had the confidence to take the ball off H.Kane and fired it with pace to grab a hat-trick on his debut. With seven minutes remaining in the half we made it 5-0 as L.Baines beat the defence to a T.Ince corner and headed low past the keeper.
The second half was much the same as we continued to forward pressure and on the 59th minute we added another goal with A.Gray slotting in from close range for his fourth goal. Ten minutes later H.Kane got in on the scoring fun as he finished a team move with a thunderous effort. On the 73rd minute another debutant grabbed a goal with M.Pugh scoring with his first touch of the game. The final goal was scored with two minutes remaining as M.Pugh grabbed his second of the game with a great header from D.Alli's cross. The perfect start to my England career however I know their will be tougher tests that Malta

England 9-0 Malta A.Gray 8, 17, 36 pen, 59, D.Alli 10, L.Baines 38, H.Kane 69, M.Pugh 73, 88

F.Forster, C.Dawson, J.Stones, P.Jones, L.Baines, K.Walker (M.Albrighton), D.Alli, A.Surman, T.Ince (M.Pugh), H.Kane, A.Gray (J.Vardy)

Other Group 6 Results:
Scotland 0-0 Lithuania, Slovenia 0-0 Slovakia

I was surprised at the result myself but very pleased at the same time. Not a bad way to start my England career

September 4th:
Slovakia (City Arena Stadion, Antona) World Cup Qualifying Grp 6 (8/10)
A cracking start saw us a goal up on the 6th minute as H.Kane ran onto a T.Ince through-ball and fired with ease under the keeper. Soon after A.Gray had the chance to score with a great header from A.Surman's cross. We were all over Slovakia and on the 23rd minute D.Alli fired a powerful strike onto the crossbar from just inside the area. Ten minutes later H.Kane tested the keeper from six yards after beating the defence to a low K.Walker cross. However our lack of finishing cost us as on the stroke of half time R.Mak rose above my defence and headed in from a great cross.
The second half was ten minutes old when we had our next chance with M.Albrighton curled a free-kick into the area but A.Gray failed to connect with the ball and it went out for a throw in. Slovakia weren't getting near the ball and on the 74th minute A.Gray again failed to hit the target from close range after beating the defence to a M.Targett cross. With a minute remaining in the game we had one last chance as H.Kane played a one two with D.Alli but his final effort went wide of the post. A frustrating game for the away fans and myself

Slovakia 1-1 England R.Mak 45+1 / H.Kane 6

F.Forster, C.Dawson, J.Stones, P.Jones, L.Baines (M.Targett), K.Walker (M.Pugh), D.Alli, A.Surman, T.Ince (M.Albrighton), H.Kane, A.Gray

Booked: A.Surman

Other Group 6 Results: Malta 1-1 Lithuania, Slovenia 1-0 Scotland

The table after this round sees us still top on 22pts with Slovenia on 15pts with only six points left to play for. Slovakia is the only other side in the table with a chance of reaching the play-offs with them being on 13pts. Scotland is on 7pts so has no chance now with Lithuania on 6pts and Malta on only 2pts

September 18th:
The World Rankings sees us move up to 13th with Argentina still top. The most improved nations is Myanmar who moved from 135th to 89th

September 23rd:
With four days left till I pick the squad for the games against Belgium, Scotland and Slovenia I have been given an injury update and there are several players out for definite with C.Wickham, P.Jagielka, C.Chambers, R.Barkley, N.Clyne, D.Rose and A.Lallana all out. Their is some doubts over the likes of J.Defoe, C.Wilson, J.Pickford, C.Smalling, P.Jones and E.Dier. However M.Rashford is fully fit and if he has played enough games he might get picked

September 27th:
I now have to pick the squad for the forthcoming friendly against Belgium (8) and the double World Cup header against Scotland (70) and Slovenia (47)

| Position       | Name                    | Club           | Age         | Caps        | Goals       | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK             | Tom Heaton              | Burnley        | 31          | 3           | -           | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK             | Fraser Forster          | Southampton    | 29          | 8           | -           | 
| GK             | Jordan Pickford         | Everton        | 23          | 0           | -           | 
| D (R)          | Martin Kelly            | Crystal Palace | 27          | 1           | -           | 
| D (C)          | Phil Jones              | Man Utd        | 25          | 23          | -           | 
| D (C)          | Michael Keane           | Everton        | 24          | 2           | -           | 
| D (C)          | Harry Maguire           | Leicester      | 24          | 0           | -           | 
| D (C)          | Axel Tuanzebe           | Burnley        | 19          | 0           | -           | 
| D (C)          | James Tarkowski         | Burnley        | 24          | 0           | -           | 
| D (L)          | Leighton Baines         | Everton        | 32          | 32          | 2           | 
| D (LC)         | Ryan Bertrand           | Southampton    | 28          | 14          | -           | 
| D/WB (R)       | Kyle Walker             | Man City       | 27          | 29          | -           | 
| DM             | Michael Carrick         | Man Utd        | 36          | 34          | -           | 
| DM, M (C)      | Andrew Surman           | Bournemouth    | 31          | 2           | -           | 
| DM, M (C)      | Will Hughes             | Watford        | 22          | 0           | -           | 
| M/AM (C)       | James Ward-Prowse       | Southampton    | 22          | 1           | -           | 
| M/AM (L)       | Scott Sinclair          | Celtic         | 28          | 0           | -           | 
| M (R), AM (RL) | Andros Townsend         | Crystal Palace | 26          | 13          | 3           | 
| AM (R)         | Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain | Liverpool      | 24          | 27          | 6           | 
| AM (L), ST (C) | Danny Welbeck           | Arsenal        | 26          | 34          | 14          | 
| ST (C)         | Harry Kane              | Tottenham      | 24          | 21          | 10          | 
| ST (C)         | Andre Gray              | Watford        | 26          | 2           | 4           | 
| ST (C)         | Jamie Vardy             | Leicester      | 30          | 17          | 6           | 

October 2nd:
My players have met up for the forthcoming three games knowing we are one win away from qualifying for the World Cup. However we must not get complacent otherwise we could get our ass handed to us.      

October 4th:
Belgium (Wembley, London) Friendly
Belgium made the better of starts and on the 16th minute they came close with a low shot which beat T.Heaton but not the upright. Five minutes later they grabbed the lead as E.Hazard ran through the defence with ease and rounded T.Heaton to slot into the empty net. On the half hour we had our first chance as M.Carrick threaded the ball to the feet of A.Gray who lashed the ball wide of the post. Just before the break Belgium came close again with a team move which ripped through my defence with ease but T.Heaton saved well to deny the striker.
The second half wasn't much better as we were playing second fiddle to Belgium and on the 58th minute they had another chance with a thunderous effort which saw T.Heaton at full stretch to deny them. Twelve minutes it was our turn to test the opposition keeper as J.Ward-Prowse hit a powerful effort towards the top corner but the Belgian keeper managed to block the shot. The game ended with Belgium again testing T.Heaton with a daisy cutter which he got his foot to it. Not a great performance by the lads

England 0-1 Belgium E.Hazard 21

T.Heaton, K.Walker, P.Jones, A.Tuanzabe, R.Bertrand, A.Townsend, J.Ward-Prowse, M.Carrick, S.Sinclair, A.Gray, H.Kane         

Just too let you know, my posting might very sporadic till the New Year as work tends to get busy from now on...Bloody customers wanting Fruit n Veg for Christmas

October 7th:
Scotland (Hampden Park, Glasgow) World Cup Qualifying Grp 6 (9/10)
Another poor start cost us as M.Phillips jinked past K.Walker and A.Tuanzabe to fire in under J.Pickford on the 15th minute. Ten minutes later the same player came close with what should have been a simple tap in but he somehow managed to miss from six yards after J.Pickford spilt an easy cross. We weren't playing well and on the 38th minute Scotland came close to adding another goal but J.Pickford denied them with a world class save.
During the interval I ripped my players a new one however it didn't seem to work as Scotland came out with a lot more passion and on the 67th minute we had the referee to thank after he ruled out a J.McArthur goal for a foul on P.Jones. Twelve minutes later R.Bertrand was our hero as he denied the Scottish side with a well timed tackle. With five minutes remaining in the game Scotland were reduced to ten men after J.McArthur was sent off for a second yellow card. To say I was far from happy with the performance is an understatement

Scotland 1-0 England M.Phillips 15  

J.Pickford, K.Walker, P.Jones, A.Tuanzabe, R.Bertrand, A.Oxlade-Chamberlain, J.Ward-Prowse, M.Carrick (A.Surman), S.Sinclair (W.Hughes), D.Welbeck, H.Kane (J.Vardy)

Booked: P.Jones

Other Group 6 Results:
Slovakia 2-1 Malta, Slovenia 3-0 Lithuania

CFuller - The result wasn't the best I've had in my career. Maybe a break over Christmas will be good for me :D

BenArsenal - I know what your saying, bloody customers

October 10th:
Slovenia (Wembley, London) World Cup Qualifying Grp 6 (10/10)
After the pathetic excuse of a performance against Scotland I told my players that they needed to give the fans something to shout about and on the `19th minute we took the lead as A.Townsend ran in from the wing and unleashed a thunderbolt into the back of the net much to the delight of the Wembley crowd. Twelve minutes later we had our next chance as H.Kane tried his luck from twenty yards but the Slovenian keeper saved well to deny him. On the 43rd minute we came close to grabbing a second with A.Oxlade-Chamberlain rattling the crossbar from outside the area.
The second half saw us carrying on the forward pressure and on the hour we came close with a curling shot from A.Townsend which  was well saved by the keeper. On the 72nd minute though Slovenia had the chance to equalise as they beat my defence with real ease but J.Pickford managed to save well to deny them. With seven minutes remaining in the game we killed the game off as A.Gray played a one two with J.Vardy and fired with power under the Slovenian keeper to give us all three points

England 2-0 Slovenia A.Townsend 19, A.Gray 83

J.Pickford, K.Walker (M.Keane), P.Jones, A.Tuanzabe, R.Bertrand, A.Oxlade-Chamberlain, J.Ward-Prowse, M.Carrick (A.Surman), A.Townsend, A.Gray, H.Kane (J.Vardy)

Booked: A.Tuanzabe, J.Ward-Prowse

Other Group 6 Results:
Lithuania 1-1 Slovakia, Scotland 4-1 Malta

We have now qualified for our fifteenth World Cup Finals after finishing top of the table

October 18th:
The World Rankings have been released and we have dropped to 19th place with Argentina still top. The most improved nation is Chinese Taipei (China PR) who rose from 163rd to 131st 

On 12/8/2017 at 14:30, mark wilson27 said:

Just too let you know, my posting might very sporadic till the New Year as work tends to get busy from now on...Bloody customers wanting Fruit n Veg for Christmas

Umm Mark have your fruit n veg customers not realised that your FMS customers are far more important :D

October 28th:
With the friendlies against Argentina and Germany coming up I have had my report from the physio and it looks like C.Wickham, N.Redmond, J.Wilshere and N.Clyne all out of the reckoning due to injury and there is some doubts over P.Jagielka, A.Young, L.Baines, K.Gibbs, S.Berahino, D.Rose and A.Lallana.

November 2nd:
Its now time for me to pick the squad for the friendly double header against Argentina (1) and Germany (10). The squad is as follows:-

| Position         | Name            | Club           | Age         | Caps        | Goals       | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK               | Tom Heaton      | Burnley        | 31          | 4           | -           | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK               | Fraser Forster  | Southampton    | 29          | 8           | -           | 
| GK               | Jordan Pickford | Everton        | 23          | 2           | -           | 
| D (R)            | Martin Kelly    | Crystal Palace | 27          | 1           | -           | 
| D (R)            | Kieran Trippier | Tottenham      | 27          | 1           | -           | 
| D (C)            | Steve Cook      | Bournemouth    | 26          | 0           | -           | 
| D (C)            | Harry Maguire   | Leicester      | 24          | 0           | -           | 
| D (C)            | James Tarkowski | Burnley        | 24          | 0           | -           | 
| D (C)            | Rob Holding     | Arsenal        | 22          | 0           | -           | 
| D (C)            | Chris Smalling  | Man Utd        | 27          | 31          | 1           | 
| D (L)            | Leighton Baines | Everton        | 32          | 32          | 2           | 
| D (LC)           | Ryan Bertrand   | Southampton    | 28          | 17          | -           | 
| D (L)            | Aaron Cresswell | West Ham       | 27          | 2           | -           | 
| D (C), DM, M (C) | Eric Dier       | Tottenham      | 23          | 19          | 2           | 
| DM               | Michael Carrick | Man Utd        | 36          | 37          | -           | 
| DM, M (C)        | Andrew Surman   | Bournemouth    | 31          | 4           | -           | 
| M (R), AM (RC)   | Patrick Roberts | Celtic         | 20          | 0           | -           | 
| M/AM (C)         | Dele Alli       | Tottenham      | 21          | 21          | 3           | 
| M/AM (L)         | Scott Sinclair  | Celtic         | 28          | 2           | -           | 
| AM (RC)          | Raheem Sterling | Man City       | 22          | 32          | 2           | 
| ST (C)           | Harry Kane      | Tottenham      | 24          | 24          | 10          | 
| ST (C)           | Keinan Davis    | Aston Villa    | 19          | 0           | -           | 
| ST (C)           | Jamie Vardy     | Leicester      | 30          | 19          | 6           | 

The press questioned my choice for bringing in M.Carrick but his current form at United means he deserves his place. They were also questioning my choice to bring in a lot of potential debutants. 
I was my usual abrupt self and told the press that these individuals all have been in great form and deserve the call ups they have received.

November 6th:
The players have met up with me at the team hotel where they will be staying for the next nine days. At the moment all players have turned up without any niggling injuries.

I know what you mean salkster. The difference is that they pay my little bit of a wage

November 8th:
Argentina (Wembley, London) Friendly
Now for the build up to the World Cup and a nice game against Argentina and we started the better and on the 19th minute we took the lead as J.Vardy headed in a D.Alli cross. Four minutes later D.Alli supplied a great through-ball to the feet of H.Kane who wasted no time in firing under the keeper. Just after the half hour though Argentina pulled a goal back as S.Aguero curled in a thunderous effort which gave J.Pickford no chance of saving. On the stroke of half time we had another chance with H.Kane heading just wide of the post from a R.Sterling cross.
The second half saw my players piling forward and on the 59th minute we had the chance to grab another goal with K.Davis running into the area unmarked but his final effort went wide of the post. Seven minutes later J.Vardy grabbed his second goal of the game as he fired in a powerful effort past the keeper after running onto a D.Alli through-ball. Argentina weren't looking like World number ones and with six minutes remaining in the game P.Roberts ran in from the wing and unleashed a thunderbolt past the keeper and into the net. The scoring didn't stop their as deep into injury time J.Vardy completed his hat-trick with a brave header from an A.Cresswell to complete a surprising rout

England 5-1 Argentina J.Vardy 19, 66, 90+2, H.Kane 23, P.Roberts 84 / S.Aguero 32

J.Pickford, K.Trippier (M.Kelly), C.Smalling, R.Holding, L.Baines (R.Bertrand), R.Sterling (E.Dier), D.Alli, A.Surman (A.Cresswell), S.Sinclair (P.Roberts), H.Kane (K.Davis), J.Vardy

Right guys this will be it until I get a day off or two for Christmas. Will obviously be around doing the Fantasy Football and Predictions League

November 14th:
Germany (Wembley, London) Friendly
Five minutes into the game we grabbed the first goal as J.Vardy made it four goals in two games with a rasping low effort which gave the keeper no chance of saving. On the 14th minute we made it two nil with a well struck effort from D.Alli. The fans were going wild and on the 33rd minute we had another chance with a thunderous header from J.Vardy which had the German keeper at full stretch to save. Ten minutes later though Germany pulled a goal back as M.Rahmann beat the offside trap to round J.Pickford and slot home into the empty net.
The second half was much the same for us as we continued to press forward and on the 65th minute we regained our two goal advantage as S.Sinclair fired in from the penalty spot after K.Davis was pulled down in the area. Twelve minutes later Germany nearly went a further goal down as K.Davis rattled the upright from outside the area. With a minute left on the clock Germany nearly pulled another goal back but J.Pickford managed to block the long range effort. To say I was quite happy with the two friendly results is an understatement as we managed eight goals against two of the best teams in the world

England 3-1 Germany J.Vardy 5, D.Alli 14, S.Sinclair 65 pen  / M.Rahmann 42

J.Pickford, K.Trippier, C.Smalling (A.Cresswell), R.Holding (H.Maguire), L.Baines (M.Kelly), R.Sterling, D.Alli, A.Surman (E.Dier), S.Sinclair (P.Roberts), H.Kane (K.Davis), J.Vardy

November 15th:
The World Rankings have been released and we have dropped a further two places to 21st with Argentina still top. The most improved nation is Tajikistan who rose from 131st to 98th 

December 8th:
Its now time for the World Cup Group stage draw. We have been placed in pot three which could mean we will be facing at least one top nation. The pots are as follows:-
1st Seeds: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, France, Italy, Portugal, Russia, Spain
2nd Seeds: Australia, Costa Rica, Iran, Jamaica, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, U.S.A.
3rd Seeds: Colombia, DR Congo, Egypt, England, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Senegal, Uruguay
4th Seeds: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Germany, Holland, Romania, Serbia

• 2 weeks later...

So now too the draw and the 1st seeds have been draw and are as follows:-
Group A: Russia
Group B: Portugal
Group C: Argentina
Group D: Brazil
Group E: Chile
Group F: France
Group G: Italy
Group H: Spain

Now for the 2nd seeds:-
Group A: Russia, U.S.A.,
Group B: Portugal, Mexico,
Group C: Argentina, Iran,
Group D: Brazil, South Korea,
Group E: Chile, Japan,
Group F: France Australia, 
Group G: Italy, Costa Rica, 
Group H: Spain, Jamaica, 

Now for the 3rd seeds and we will see who we have been put against
Group A: Russia, U.S.A., Senegal, 
Group B: Portugal, Mexico, Ivory Coast, 
Group C: Argentina, Iran, England,
Group D: Brazil, South Korea, Nigeria, 
Group E: Chile, Japan, DR Congo,
Group F: France Australia, Colombia, 
Group G: Italy, Costa Rica, Egypt, 
Group H: Spain, Jamaica, Uruguay, 

The final pot will see what the Group stage of the World Cup will look like
Group A: Russia, U.S.A., Senegal, Denmark
Group B: Portugal, Mexico, Ivory Coast, Serbia
Group C: Argentina, Iran, England, Austria
Group D: Brazil, South Korea, Nigeria, Germany
Group E: Chile, Japan, DR Congo, Holland
Group F: France Australia, Colombia, Romania
Group G: Italy, Costa Rica, Egypt, Belgium
Group H: Spain, Jamaica, Uruguay, Croatia

After the draw the press asked what I thought of the Group. I was pretty happy and I expect my side to qualify for the 2nd stage of the World Cup, however the game against Argentina could be the one that decides top spot of the group.
I straight away decided to sort out a few pre World Cup friendlies however only two nations accepted my friendly requests with us facing a tie against Spain at the El Molinon and Portugal at the Estadio Cidade de Coimbra. The Czech Republic and CSKA Moscow both rejected my offer of a friendly. Our World Cup Training camp will be at the facilities of Lokomotiv Moscow

December 13th:
The World Rankings have seen us move up to 19th with Argentina still top. The most improved nation is Benin who rose a whole four places from 79th to 75th

January 2nd 2018:
I received a call from the Liverpool chairman offering me the managers job and after laughing for awhile I rejected the call (sorry salkster)

January 17th:
We have moved a further place up the rankings despite not playing to 18th with Argentina still top of the pile. The most improved nation is Rep.Ireland who rose to 57th from 60th despite not kicking a ball in anger since November. (Got to love the World Rankings)

January 20th:
I have made a few friendlies for next season, however these are more than likely going to be cancelled once the draw for the European International League draw is made.
The first sees Italy visiting Wembley in September followed by Denmark joining us in London. The next friendly sees us facing Wales at the Liberty Stadium and that is followed by a trip to the Aviva Stadium to face Rep.Ireland. The final two friendlies sees Wembley hosting Brazil and the Ukraine

February 14th:
We have remained in 18th place in the World Rankings with Argentina still holding that top spot. The most improved nations sees Eq.Guinea rise from 133rd to 96th

March 12th:
With four days till I have to name my friendly squad for the games against Italy and France I have been informed that A.Townsend and A.Oxlade-Chamberlain will both miss the squad with J.Vardy, M.Carrick, J.Pickford, P.Jones and K.Walker all doubts for the games

March 14th:
We have dropped a place to 19th in the World Rankings with France rising from 3rd spot to take Argentina of the top spot. The most improved nation is Estonia who rose from 106th to 94th

March 16th:
Its now time for to choose the squad for the games against Italy (5) and France (1). The squad is as follows:-

| Position         | Name             | Club        | Age         | Caps        | Goals       | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK               | Tom Heaton       | Burnley     | 31          | 4           | -           | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK               | Fraser Forster   | Southampton | 29          | 8           | -           | 
| GK               | Jordan Pickford  | Everton     | 24          | 4           | -           | 
| D (R)            | Kieran Trippier  | Tottenham   | 27          | 3           | -           | 
| D (RC)           | Simon Francis    | Bournemouth | 33          | 0           | -           | 
| D (C)            | Steve Cook       | Bournemouth | 26          | 0           | -           | 
| D (C)            | Harry Maguire    | Leicester   | 25          | 1           | -           | 
| D (C)            | James Tarkowski  | Burnley     | 25          | 0           | -           | 
| D (L)            | Leighton Baines  | Everton     | 33          | 34          | 2           | 
| D (L)            | Charlie Daniels  | Bournemouth | 31          | 0           | -           | 
| D (L)            | Aaron Cresswell  | West Ham    | 28          | 4           | -           | 
| D (L)            | Luke Shaw        | Man Utd     | 22          | 7           | -           | 
| D/WB (R)         | Kyle Walker      | Man City    | 27          | 32          | -           | 
| D/WB (R)         | Nathaniel Clyne  | Liverpool   | 26          | 14          | -           | 
| D (C), DM, M (C) | Eric Dier        | Tottenham   | 24          | 21          | 2           | 
| DM, M (C)        | Andrew Surman    | Bournemouth | 31          | 6           | -           | 
| M (R), AM (RC)   | Patrick Roberts  | Celtic      | 21          | 2           | 1           | 
| M/AM (C)         | Dele Alli        | Tottenham   | 21          | 23          | 4           | 
| M/AM (L)         | Scott Sinclair   | Celtic      | 28          | 4           | 1           | 
| AM (RC)          | Raheem Sterling  | Man City    | 23          | 34          | 2           | 
| ST (C)           | Daniel Sturridge | Liverpool   | 28          | 25          | 8           | 
| ST (C)           | Callum Wilson    | Bournemouth | 26          | 0           | -           | 
| ST (C)           | Harry Kane       | Tottenham   | 24          | 26          | 11          | 

The press aren't surprised for once with my squad selection despite me resting a number of what they call first team regulars but they seem to have forgotten that noone is a guarantee for the squad

March 21st:
The squad has met up at the airport and are ready and raring for the trips to Italy and France. They will return to their clubs in around a week.

It was a hard choice mate

March 23rd:
Italy (San Siro, Milan) Friendly
Italy began the better and on the 18th minute they were a goal up as C.Immobile ran into the area unmarked and volleyed home a cross. Twelve minutes later they had another chance with a well worked team move which saw F.Forster saving well to keep the score at 1-0. Just before the break Italy had yet another chance with S.Francis slipping with the ball but F.Forster managed to save the ball again.
The second half was four minutes old when the next goal was scored as A.Florenzi showed my defence up and fired under F.Forster who was very slow to react. It didn't get any better as on the 56th minute C.Immobile grabbed his second of the game with a thunderous effort which saw F.Forster well beaten. Ten minutes later we finally had our first chance of the game as D.Sturridge beat the offside trap but his final effort was just as bad as our general play. On the 75th minute Italy had the chance to grab a fourth goal after S.Francis fouled in the area, C.Immobile stepped up and fired towards F.Forster who managed to block the ball with ease. The result was a kick up the arse that we needed, lets hope the players learn from it

Italy 3-0 England C.Immobile 18, 56, A.Florenzi 49 

F.Forster, K.Trippier, H.Maguire, S.Francis, A.Cresswell, P.Roberts, D.Alli, E.Dier, S.Sinclair, H.Kane, D.Sturridge

March 27th:
France (Stade de France, Paris) Friendly
Its now time for the final friendly before I have to choose the preliminary squad for the World Cup. We started well and on the 15th minute we had the chance to take the lead as D.Sturridge ran onto a S.Sinclair through-ball and fired just wide of the post. Ten minutes later France had their first chance with a thunderous strike which had J.Pickford scrambling along his line to save. On the 36th minute we had our next chance with P.Roberts trying his luck from outside the area but the French keeper was on hand to save the day.
The second half was pretty open and on the 57th minute we took the lead as C.Wilson headed in from an E.Dier cross. Soon after we had another chance with a long range effort from A.Surman which had the keeper at full stretch to save. On the 77th minute France had another chance to score as a poor clearance from J.Tarkowski was intercepted but J.Pickford saved well to deny them. Five minutes later we doubled our lead as C.Wilson grabbed his second of the game with a fine strike which beat the keeper into the top corner. With two minutes remaining in the game France pulled a goal back as K.Mbappe fired in from close range after my defence seemed to fall asleep.

France 1-2 England K.Mbappe 88 / C.Wilson 57, 82

J.Pickford, K.Walker, J.Tarkowski, S.Cook, L.Shaw (N.Clyne), P.Roberts (R.Sterling), S.Sinclair (H.Maguire), E.Dier, D.Alli (A.Surman), H.Kane (C.Wilson), D.Sturridge

Booked: K.Walker

April 18th:
The World Rankings sees us rise to 14th place and guess what Argentina have moved up to 1st from 7th. The most improved nation is Malaysia who rose from 151st to 115th 

May 16th:
The World Rankings sees us staying in 14th with Argentina top spot. The most improved nation is Yemen who rose from 129th to 119th.
I now have to pick my preliminary 30 man World Cup squad. I will then have a couple of weeks to decide who will be in my final 23 for the forthcoming World Cup. The squad is as follows:-

| Position       | Name                    | Club           | Age         | Caps        | Goals       | 
| GK             | Tom Heaton              | Burnley        | 32          | 4           | -           | 
| GK             | Joe Hart                | West Ham       | 31          | 71          | -           | 
| GK             | Jack Butland            | Stoke          | 25          | 5           | -           | 
| GK             | Jordan Pickford         | Everton        | 24          | 5           | -           | 
| D (C)          | Steve Cook              | Bournemouth    | 27          | 1           | -           | 
| D (C)          | James Tarkowski         | Burnley        | 25          | 1           | -           | 
| D (C)          | Jack Stephens           | Southampton    | 24          | 0           | -           | 
| D (RC)         | Calum Chambers          | Arsenal        | 23          | 3           | -           | 
| D (C)          | Joe Gomez               | Liverpool      | 20          | 0           | -           | 
| D (L)          | Charlie Daniels         | Bournemouth    | 31          | 0           | -           | 
| D (LC)         | Ryan Bertrand           | Southampton    | 28          | 18          | -           | 
| D (L)          | Aaron Cresswell         | West Ham       | 28          | 5           | -           | 
| D (L)          | Luke Shaw               | Man Utd        | 22          | 8           | -           | 
| D/WB (R)       | Kyle Walker             | Man City       | 27          | 33          | -           | 
| D/WB (R)       | Nathaniel Clyne         | Liverpool      | 27          | 15          | -           | 
| DM, M (C)      | Mark Noble              | West Ham       | 31          | 0           | -           | 
| DM, M (C)      | Jordan Henderson        | Liverpool      | 27          | 32          | -           | 
| DM, M (C)      | Jake Livermore          | West Brom      | 28          | 3           | -           | 
| M/AM (R)       | Michail Antonio         | West Ham       | 28          | 0           | -           | 
| M/AM (C)       | Dele Alli               | Tottenham      | 22          | 25          | 4           | 
| M/AM (L)       | Scott Sinclair          | Celtic         | 29          | 6           | 1           | 
| M (R), AM (RL) | Andros Townsend         | Crystal Palace | 26          | 15          | 4           | 
| AM (R)         | Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain | Liverpool      | 24          | 29          | 6           | 
| AM (RC)        | Adam Lallana            | Liverpool      | 30          | 33          | 3           | 
| AM (RC)        | Raheem Sterling         | Man City       | 23          | 35          | 2           | 
| AM (RLC)       | Jesse Lingard           | Man Utd        | 25          | 4           | -           | 
| AM (L), ST (C) | Danny Welbeck           | Arsenal        | 27          | 35          | 14          | 
| AM (L), ST (C) | Marcus Rashford         | Man Utd        | 20          | 9           | 1           | 
| ST (C)         | Daniel Sturridge        | Liverpool      | 28          | 27          | 8           | 
| ST (C)         | Harry Kane              | Tottenham      | 24          | 28          | 11          | 

May 21st:
The squad has met up ready for the forthcoming World Cup where we will be together till the latest 16th July or until we get knocked out. However K.Walker and R.Sterling will be joining up with the squad later due to club commitments

May 28th:
After a week together I now have to pick the final 23 for the World Cup and that means giving seven players the bad news that they will not be travelling to Russia with the rest of the squad.
The final 23 players are as follows:-

| Position       | Name             | Club           | Age         | Caps        | Goals       | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK             | Tom Heaton       | Burnley        | 32          | 4           | -           | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK             | Jack Butland     | Stoke          | 25          | 5           | -           | 
| GK             | Jordan Pickford  | Everton        | 24          | 5           | -           | 
| D (C)          | Steve Cook       | Bournemouth    | 27          | 1           | -           | 
| D (C)          | James Tarkowski  | Burnley        | 25          | 1           | -           | 
| D (C)          | Jack Stephens    | Southampton    | 24          | 0           | -           | 
| D (C)          | Joe Gomez        | Liverpool      | 21          | 0           | -           | 
| D (L)          | Aaron Cresswell  | West Ham       | 28          | 5           | -           | 
| D (L)          | Luke Shaw        | Man Utd        | 22          | 8           | -           | 
| D/WB (R)       | Kyle Walker      | Man City       | 28          | 33          | -           | 
| D/WB (R)       | Nathaniel Clyne  | Liverpool      | 27          | 15          | -           | 
| DM, M (C)      | Jordan Henderson | Liverpool      | 27          | 32          | -           | 
| M/AM (R)       | Michail Antonio  | West Ham       | 28          | 0           | -           | 
| M/AM (C)       | Dele Alli        | Tottenham      | 22          | 25          | 4           | 
| M/AM (L)       | Scott Sinclair   | Celtic         | 29          | 6           | 1           | 
| M (R), AM (RL) | Andros Townsend  | Crystal Palace | 26          | 15          | 4           | 
| AM (RC)        | Adam Lallana     | Liverpool      | 30          | 33          | 3           | 
| AM (RC)        | Raheem Sterling  | Man City       | 23          | 35          | 2           | 
| AM (RLC)       | Jesse Lingard    | Man Utd        | 25          | 4           | -           | 
| AM (L), ST (C) | Danny Welbeck    | Arsenal        | 27          | 35          | 14          | 
| AM (L), ST (C) | Marcus Rashford  | Man Utd        | 20          | 9           | 1           | 
| ST (C)         | Daniel Sturridge | Liverpool      | 28          | 27          | 8           | 
| ST (C)         | Harry Kane       | Tottenham      | 24          | 28          | 11          | 

June 1st:
The World Cup Odds have been released and we have been quoted at 18-1 to win the World Cup with the favourites being Spain at 2-1. Brazil are 4-1 with Argentina at 5-1 and Germany also at 5-1
Also the draw for the European International League Div.A has taken place and is as follows:-
We have been placed in Group 2 with Iceland and Italy, as predicted we have had to cancel the friendlies against Wales, Brazil, Ukraine, Denmark and Rep.Ireland

June 5th:
Spain (El Molinon, Gijon) Friendly
With the squad now named it was the players chance to actually get first team places. We started well and on the 16th minute H.Kane gave us the lead with a long range effort which gave the Spanish keeper no chance of saving. Ten minutes later we had another chance with D.Sturridge running onto a R.Sterling through-ball but his final effort went just wide of the post. Just after the half hour Spain had the chance to level from the pot after J.Gomez fouled in the area, luckily for us J.Butland saved well to deny the striker.
The second half wasn't that good for us as we struggled the get going and on the 58th minute Spain came close to grabbing the equaliser with a curling effort which had J.Pickford at full stretch to saved. Twelve minutes later they came close yet again after my defence seemed to fall asleep but again J.Pickford saved well. On the 77th minute the equaliser finally came as Saul ran through my defence with real ease and fired under the onrushing J.Pickford. With a minute remaining on the clock Spain had one last chance but the strikers effort was as poor as my sides defending

Spain 1-1 England Saul 77 / H.Kane 16

J.Butland (J.Pickford), K.Walker, J.Gomez (J.Tarkowski), S.Cook (J.Stephens), L.Shaw, A.Lallana, J.Henderson (M.Antonio), D.Alli, R.Sterling (J.Lingard), D.Sturridge (M.Rashford), H.Kane

Booked: D.Alli

June 9th:
Portugal (Estadio Cidade de Coimbra, Coimbra) Friendly
Our final friendly before the World Cup and what a performance. Thirteen second into the game Portugal had the chance to take the lead as they piled forward from kick off but J.Pickford saved well to deny them. On the 17th minute they had another chance to take the lead as they broke through my defence with ease and fired towards goal but the effort was as poor as the defending. Twelve minutes later I was forced into a change as J.Lingard hobbled off and was replaced by J.Henderson. With three minutes remaining in the half Portugal finally got the lead they deserved as B.Silva headed in from close range after my defence and keeper again seemed to be napping.
The second half wasn't much better and on the 64th minute they came close with a long range effort which had J.Pickford at full stretch to save. Eleven minutes later the second goal was scored as A.Silva jinked through the defence and fired under the body of J.Pickford. On the 87th minute Portugal had one last chance as they broke through my defence again but the ball went just wide of the keeper and post. Not a single effort on goal from my side and in truth none of the players helped their chances of playing. If we play like that in the tournament it will be an early exit and my job

Portugal 2-0 England B.Silva 42, A.Silva 75 

J.Pickford, N.Clyne, J.Stephens, J.Tarkowski, A.Cresswell, A.Townsend, M.Antonio, D.Alli, J.Lingard (inj 29-J.Henderson), M.Rashford, H.Kane

After the game I was informed by the physio that J.Lingard will be out for around three week with a thigh strain but will not be replaced as he could still feature in the World Cup

June 15th:
World Cup 2018:
Group A:
Denmark 2-0 Russia (C.Eriksen 55, 90)
U.S.A. 1-1 Senegal (O.Ganzelez 12 / K.Balde 28

June 16th:
Group B:
Serbia 1-1 Portugal (A.Llajic 5 / C.Ronaldo 16 pen)
Ivory Coast 0-1 Mexico (G.Vasquez 61)
Group C:
Austria 3-1 Iran (D.Alaba 31 pen, M.Arnautovic 36, 51 / S.Azmoun 17

June 17th:
Argentina (Spartak Moscow, Moscow) World Cup Grp C (1/3)
A poor start saw us a goal down with A.Di Maria curling in a wonderful shot from the corner of the area after running onto a M.Acuna pass. Soon after they had another chance with L.Messi taking the p@ss out of my defence but J.Butland smothered the ball at his feet. On the 28th minute we finally had our first chance as S.Sinclair curled the ball into the area but D.Sturridge's header went just wide of the post. With two minutes remaining in the half Argentina made it 2-0 as G.Higuain hit a thunderous effort from outside the area to give J.Butland no chance of saving.
The half time interval was one Fergie would have been proud of.
It seemed to work as within a minute of the kick off we pulled a goal back as D.Sturridge ran onto a R.Sterling through-ball and fired under the body of G.Rulli. On the 53rd minute the next goal was scored as D.Alli beat the outstretched arms of G.Rulli with a thunderous effort from 25 yards. We were like a different side and on the 55th minute J.Henderson gave us the lead with a simple shot from six yards after a S.Sinclair pass beat the Argentinian defence with ease. Argentina were getting close to the ball and on the 77th minute we grabbed goal number four as D.Sturridge played a one two with M.Rashford and fired under G.Rulli. With nine minutes remaining in the game we made it 5-2 with M.Rashford heading in a R.Sterling cross after he beat three players on the wing.
What a result and what a turnaround from that effort of a first half

England 5-2 Argentina D.Sturridge 46, 77, D.Alli 53, J.Henderson 55, M.Rashford 81 / A.Di Maria 9, G.Higuain 43

England: J.Butland, K.Walker, J.Gomez, S.Cook, L.Shaw (A.Cresswell), R.Sterling, D.Alli (A.Lallana), J.Henderson, S.Sinclair, H.Kane (M.Rashford), D.Sturridge

Argentina: G.Rulli, M.Musacchio (L.Biglia), E.Mammana, N.Otamendi, J.Mascherano, A.Di Maria, M.Acuna, E.Banega (M.Kranevitter), L.Messi, S.Aguero (P.Dybala), G.Higuain

Booked: J.Gomez (England) / M.Musacchio (Argentina)

I told the press after the game that I was over the moon with the result and hopefully it will give my players the confidence to press forward in the tournament

Group D:
Brazil 1-0 Germany (G.Jesus 69)
Nigeria 1-2 South Korea (K.Nwakali 61 / S.Heung-Min 22, N.Tae-Hee 72)

CFuller - If I stated what I said on here I would probably get an infraction :D

BenArsenal - I was more in shock with how well we played against a team like Argentina

June 18th:
Group E:
Holland 1-1 Chile (V.van Dijk 18 / A.Vidal 43 pen)
Japan 1-2 DR Congo (K.Uchida 12 / C.Mavinga 14, C.Bakambu 78)
Group F:
France 7-0 Romania (A.Martial 7 pen, 30, 77, A.Griezmann 19, 39, O.Dembele 21, K.Mbappe 90+1)

June 19th:
Group F:
Colombia 2-0 Australia (R.Falcao 56 pen, 86)
Group G:
Belgium 2-0 Italy (D.Mertens 75, 81)
Costa Rica 0-3 Egypt (M.Elneny 9 pen, 83 pen, Hassan 59)

June 20th:
Group A:
Senegal 2-0 Denmark (K.Balde 68 pen, S.Mane 83)
Group H:
Jamaica 1-2 Croatia (I.Rakitic 29 og / M.Pjaca 64, N.Kalinic 90+2)
Uruguay 2-2 Spain (L.Suarez 42, L.Torreira 90+4 / Isco 23, Koke 45+2)

June 21st:
Group A:
Russia 1-0 U.S.A. (A.Golovin 47)
Group B:
Mexico 1-1 Serbia (C.Vela 70 / S.Milinkovoc Savic 7)
Portugal 5-0 Ivory Coast (A.Silva 37, D.Carrico 58, G.Guedes 65, C.Ronaldo 78, 86)

June 22nd:
Iran (Luzhniki, Moscow) World Cup Grp C (2/3)
A cracking start to the match saw us a goal up within three minutes as D.Sturridge beat M.Nikroo to a poor pass from the keeper and fired the shot under the keeper. Soon after we had another chance with a thunderous effort from H.Kane which had S.Makani at full stretch to save. It was getting too easy for us and on the 28th minute we had another chance with J.Henderson threading the ball to the feet of S.Sinclair who wasted no time in firing past the keeper but the ball went just wide of the post. On the stroke of half time we had our next chance with D.Sturridge heading a D.Alli cross over the crossbar.
The second half was much the same as we piled forward and just before the hour we grabbed goal number two with H.Kane firing with force towards goal but M.Nikroo diverted it past his own keeper for an own goal. Iran weren't getting close to the ball and on the 74th minute we had yet another chance with R.Sterling rattling the crossbar from outside the area after a stunning shot. Eight minutes later we finally added a third goal with H.Kane firing in from the penalty spot after M.Shojaei fouled in the area. With a four minutes left on the clock it was Iran's turn to score as my defence seemed to fall asleep and S.Azmoun headed in from a S.Ghoddos cross. However on the 89th minute we grabbed another goal with D.Welbeck barged into the area and fired with pace under the keeper. The final goal of the game saw us adding a fifth goal with J.Henderson hitting a thunderous effort from 25 yards after running onto a loose ball.

England 5-1 Iran D.Sturridge 3, M.Nikroo 59 og, H.Kane 82 pen, D.Welbeck 89, J.Henderson 90+2 /  S.Azmoun 86

England: J.Butland, K.Walker, J.Gomez, S.Cook, A.Cresswell, R.Sterling, D.Alli (A.Lallana), J.Henderson, S.Sinclair (D.Welbeck), H.Kane, D.Sturridge (M.Rashford)

Iran: S.Makani, M.Bagheri, M.Nikroo, R.Tafazolli (M.Shojaei), A.Nouri, M.Rahmani, E.Hajsafi, A.Dejagah (M.Daneshgar), R.Ghoochannejhad (S.Ghoddos), A.Jahanbakhsh, S.Azmoun

Booked: D.Sturridge, A.Lallana (England) / E.Hajsafi, M.Bagheri (Iran)

Group C:
Argentina 4-0 Austria (L.Messi 3, P.Dybala 52, 64, C.Stankovic 56 og)
Group D:
Germany 3-0 Nigeria (J.Wohr 44 pen, 56, T.Borgmann 84)

June 23rd:
Group D:
South Korea 0-1 Brazil (D.Costa 11)
Group E:
DR Congo 0-2 Holland (B.Dost 40, 84)
Chile 3-3 Japan (E.Vargas 45, A.Vidal 70 pen, F.Gutierrez 90+1 / I.Lichnovsky 26 og, T.Ishida 78, Y.Suzuki 85)

June 24th:
Group F:
Australia 0-1 France (A.Griezmann 86)
Romania 1-2 Colombia (F.Andone 21 / R.Falcao 15 pen, D.Pabon 30)
Group G:
Egypt 2-1 Belgium (M.Salah 35, 65 / E.Hazard 21

June 25th:
Group G:
Italy 2-0 Costa Rica (S.Zaza 75, G.Bonaventura 79)
Group H:
Croatia 3-1 Uruguay (N.Kalinic 23, I.Rakitic 43, M.Kovacic 67 / L.Suarez 8
Spain 0-0 Jamaica

June 26th:
Group A:
Senegal 1-2 Russia (S.Sane 28 / F.Smolov 45, A.Golovin 58)
U.S.A. 0-0 Denmark
Group B:
Portugal 0-1 Mexico (R.Jimenez 24)
Serbia 3-1 Ivory Coast (A.Mitrovic 17, L.Jovic 85, S.Milinkovic Savic 87)

June 27th:
Austria (Volgograd Arena, Volgograd) World Cup Grp C (3/3)
Six minutes into the game we grabbed the lead as H.Kane ran onto a S.Sinclair through-ball and fired under C.Stankovic. Twelve minutes later we had another chance to score with M.Rashford jinking into the area with ease but his final effort went just wide of the post. On the 34th minute J.Henderson had his first chance with a curling effort from outside the area but C.Stankovic managed to tip it around the post. Deep into first time injury time we added goal number two with M.Rashford running onto a J.Henderson through-ball and wasted no time in firing under the keeper
The second half was much the same as we carried on the pressure and on the 59th minute we came close again with R.Sterling beating the offside trap but his final effort went just wide of the post. Ten minutes later we had another chance to score with D.Welbeck rising above the defence and heading a R.Sterling cross just wide of the post. With three minutes remaining in the game we had our final chance as A.Lallana curled the ball into the area but D.Welbeck managed to head straight into the hands of C.Stankovic when it was easier to score

England 2-0 Austria H.Kane 6, M.Rashford 45+2

England: J.Butland, K.Walker (N.Clyne), J.Gomez, S.Cook, A.Cresswell, R.Sterling, D.Alli (A.Lallana), J.Henderson, S.Sinclair, H.Kane (D.Welbeck), M.Rashford

Austria: C.Stankovic, F.Klein, L.Spendlhofer, K.Wimmer (M.Djuricin), D.Alaba, V.Lazaro, K.Laimer, J.Baumgartlinger, M.Sabitzer, G.Burgstaller (M.Arnautovic), M.Gregoritsch (A.Dragovic)

Booked: J.Baumgartlinger, D.Alaba
Sent Off: J.Baumgartlinger (2 yellow cards)

Group C:
Iran 1-6 Argentina (S.Azmoun 50 / S.Aguero 5, 20 pen, A.Di Maria 22, A.Jahanbakhsh 66 og, P.Dybala 73, M.Acuna 77
Group D:
Brazil 2-0 Nigeria (G.Jesus 26, M.Agu 89 og)
Germany 1-1 South Korea (J.Wohr 17 / S.Hyun-Jun 90+1)

June 28th:
Group E:
DR Congo 0-1 Chile (E.Vargas 15)
Japan 0-3 Holland (A.Uchida 10 og, Memphis 44, B.Dost 53
Group F:
Australia 1-0 Romania (J.Maclaren 82)
Colombia 1-4 France (R.Falcao 83 / T.Lemar 1, 81, A.Martial 85, 90+4)

June 29th:
Group G:
Costa Rica 1-5 Belgium (G.Borges 45 / R.Lukaku 15, 49, R.Nainggolan 26, E.Hazard 35 pen, D.Mertens 84)
Egypt 0-0 Italy
Group H:
Spain 0-0 Croatia
Uruguay 3-0 Jamaica (E.Cavani 2, 75 pen, J.Gimenez 25)

Please note your author forgot to save the final group tables

World Cup 2018: 2nd Round Draw:
Serbia v Russia
Mexico v Senegal
England v Germany
Argentina v Brazil
Holland v Colombia
Chile v France
Egypt v Uruguay
Belgium v Croatia

30th June:
World Cup 2nd Rd:
Serbia 2-1 Russia (L.Jovic 65, A.Mitrovic 107 / A.Dzyuba 85)
Mexico 4-1 Senegal (C.Montes 25, R.Jimenez 68, H.Lozano 88, 90+1 / Y.Sabaly 57)

July 1st:
World Cup 2nd Rd:
Germany (Nizhniy Novgorod, Nizhniy Novgorod) World Cup 2nd Rd
A pretty open start to the game saw both sides having chances but it was Germany who had the clearest chance as on the 14th minute N.Clyne brought down R.Endress in the area for a penalty, F.Ermert stepped up and fired towards goal but J.Butland guessed right and saved the penalty. Ten minutes later Germany had another chance as A.Baumgartner beat the offside trap but J.Butland saved the day again. On the 27th the first goal of the game was scored as H.Kane rose above the German defence and headed a R.Sterling cross past the arms of A.Durst. Just before the break we had our next chance with M.Rashford rattling the crossbar from just inside the area after the German defence seemed to fall asleep.
The second half was much the same with some open play and just like the first half it was the Germans who had the first chance as F.Ermert ran through my defence with ease but J.Butland saved well again. Just after the hour mark the second goal was scored as M.Rashford unleashed a thunderbolt from 30 yards past the outstretched arms of the German keeper. With ten minutes remaining in the game Germany came close to grabbing their first goal with a curling effort from twenty yards which was headed off the line by S.Cook

England 2-0 Germany H.Kane 27, M.Rashford 62 

England: J.Butland, N.Clyne, J.Gomez, S.Cook, A.Cresswell (L.Shaw), R.Sterling (A.Lallana), D.Alli, J.Henderson, S.Sinclair, H.Kane (D.Welbeck), M.Rashford

Germany: A.Durst, S.Echsner, D.Bohn, D.Baltes, M.Fachner, S.Burket, S.Keller (T.Decker), A.Lipinski (S.Bohmermann), A.Baumgartner, R.Endress (M.Fitschen), F.Ermert

Booked: J.Henderson (England)

World Cup 2nd Results:
Argentina 0-2 Brazil (Fabinho 80 pen, R.Firmino 88)

Great result in the Last 16, though I think it would've been better had Germany picked some proper players. :D

Okay, now let me try and work this out... Serbia next? They'll certainly be popular with the home fans.

(And I'm sure you can still go back into the World Cup pages and find the tables there, even if you've finished the tournament.)

CFuller - Was an excellent result, these bloody Germans obviously couldn't be bothered to bring a full squad :D. as for the screenshots, the save has already been deleted as it finished some time ago and I've all but written up the main notes for it. The main problem I have when I run about six or seven saves at once lol

July 2nd:
World Cup 2nd Rd:
Chile 1-4 France (E.Roco 79 / A.Griezmann 11, K.Mbappe 20, 86, N.Kante 54
Holland 1-3 Colombia (B.Dost 18 / F.Fabra 4, R.Falcao 38, G.Cuellar 90+2

July 3rd:
World Cup 2nd Rd:
Belgium 0-2 Croatia (M.Pasalic 4, N.Kalinic 47)
Egypt 1-1 Uruguay (J.Gimenez 79 og / L.Suarez 24) Uruguay win 3-1 penalties

World Cup ¼ Final Draw:
Serbia v Brazil
Mexico v England
Colombia v Croatia
France v Uruguay

July 6th:
World Cup ¼ Final:
Mexico (Rostov Arena, Rostov-na-Donu) World Cup ¼ Final
It took till the 25th minute for the first effort of the game as H.Kane played a one two with J.Henderson but his final effort went just wide of the upright. Twelve minutes later it was Mexico's chance to score with a long range effort from H.Herrera which rattled the crossbar. Just before the break we had another chance to score as M.Rashford ran through the defence but his final shot went wide of the post.
The second half was alittle tighter with not a lot of chances. The first of which was a thunderous effort from C.Vela on the 74th minute which gave Mexico the lead. With six minutes remaining in the game we had our only chance to equalise with D.Sturridge shooting straight at the keeper when it was easier to score. On the 89th minute Mexico had a clear cut chance to score after S.Cook fouled in the area, luckily for us C.Vela failed to hit the target with the penalty

England 0-1 Mexico C.Vela 74

England: J.Butland, N.Clyne, J.Gomez, S.Cook, A.Cresswell, R.Sterling, D.Alli (J.Lingard), J.Henderson, S.Sinclair (A.Lallana), H.Kane, M.Rashford (D.Sturridge)

Mexico: G.Ochoa, M.Layun (J.Dominguez), C.Montes, N.Araujo, M.Ponce (H.Lozano), J.dos Santos, H.Herrera, O.Pineda, G.dos Santos (R.Pizarro), R.Jimenez, C.Vela

Booked: C.Montes (Mexico)
After the game I was asked about going out of the World Cup, I told the awaiting press that I was proud of the way the players had performed throughout the tournament however we it shows that one bad game can cost you. The players will learn from this.

World Cup ¼ Final Results:
Serbia 0-3 Brazil (R.Firmino 2, W.Pottker 67, Fabinho 72)

The players will now return back to their respective clubs and will be back in action with the national side in September

July 7th:
World Cup ¼ Final:
France 1-0 Uruguay (K.Mbappe 43)
Colombia 1-2 Croatia (R.Falcao 27 pen / I.Rakitic 63 pen, J.Brekalo 82

World Cup Semi Final Draw:
Brazil v France
Mexico v Croatia

July 10th:
World Cup Semi Final:
Brazil 2-2 France (Fabinho 59, F.Vizeu 87 / A.Martial 29 pen, O.Giroud 90+4) Brazil win 5-4 penalties

July 11th:
World Cup Semi Final
Mexico 3-1 Croatia (C.Vela 22, J.Hernandez 47, M.Layun 90+1 / M.Mandzukic 64

July 14th:
World Cup 3rd Place Play-off
Croatia 2-1 France (N.Kalinic 52, 116 / T.Lemar 3)

July 15th:
World Cup Final:
Brazil 2-1 Mexico (Neymar 79, F.Vizeu 84 / H.Lozano 36

After the final the FA got in contact and said they were delighted with the side performance throughout the World Cup and would like me to carry on for the time being.

July 17th:
The end of tournament awards have been handed out and J.Butland, J.Gomez, J.Henderson and S.Sinclair have been named in the World Cup Dream Team.

July 20th:
The post World Cup World Rankings have seen us move up nine places to 5th in the World with Brazil moving up from 2nd to 1st. The most improved nation was Russia who rose from 75th to 50th

1 hour ago, mark wilson27 said:

Was an excellent result, these bloody Germans obviously couldn't be bothered to bring a full squad :D. as for the screenshots, the save has already been deleted as it finished some time ago and I've all but written up the main notes for it. The main problem I have when I run about six or seven saves at once lol

I see. I like to keep save files for my finished careers and stories, but I guess it's largely down to disk space and/or personal preference whether you do or don't.

Anyway, that Mexico result must've been a real disappointment. As for Mexico even getting past the Last 16, let alone all the way to the Final, that must surely have been a bug. If only you'd kept the save and reported it to SI. :p

Season Two 2018/19:
August 2018:
August 15th:
The World Rankings sees us remaining in 5th place with Brazil keeping top spot. The most improved nation is Nigeria who moved from 57th to 49th in the World

August 28th:
With the first squad of the season having to be picked soon I have been informed by the physio that I have a no players on the injured list. 

August 29th:
Its now time for me to pick the squad for the forthcoming European International League game against Italy (6) and a friendly against Venezuela (69). The squad is as follows:-

| Position       | Name               | Club        | Age         | Caps        | Goals       | 
| GK             | Ben Foster         | West Brom   | 35          | 8           | -           | 
| GK             | Fraser Forster     | Southampton | 30          | 9           | -           | 
| GK             | Alex Smithies      | West Ham    | 28          | 0           | -           | 
| D (R)          | Joel Ward          | Leicester   | 28          | 0           | -           | 
| D (R)          | Adam Smith         | Stoke       | 27          | 0           | -           | 
| D (C)          | Ryan Shawcross     | Stoke       | 30          | 1           | -           | 
| D (C)          | Harry Maguire      | Leicester   | 25          | 3           | -           | 
| D (C)          | Dael Fry           | Burnley     | 20          | 0           | -           | 
| D (LC)         | Ryan Bertrand      | Southampton | 29          | 18          | -           | 
| D (L)          | Luke Shaw          | Man Utd     | 23          | 11          | -           | 
| D/WB (R)       | Kyle Walker        | Man City    | 28          | 37          | -           | 
| D/WB (R)       | Darnell Fisher     | Preston     | 24          | 0           | -           | 
| DM, M (C)      | Andrew Surman      | Bournemouth | 32          | 7           | -           | 
| DM, M (C)      | Jordan Henderson   | Liverpool   | 28          | 39          | 2           | 
| M (C)          | Tom Carroll        | Swansea     | 26          | 0           | -           | 
| M/AM (C)       | Ruben Loftus-Cheek | Chelsea     | 22          | 0           | -           | 
| M (R), AM (RC) | Patrick Roberts    | Celtic      | 21          | 4           | 1           | 
| M/AM (C)       | James Ward-Prowse  | Southampton | 23          | 4           | -           | 
| AM (R)         | Alex Pritchard     | Leicester   | 25          | 0           | -           | 
| AM (RL)        | Tom Ince           | Huddersfield| 26          | 2           | -           | 
| AM (L), ST (C) | Danny Welbeck      | Arsenal     | 27          | 38          | 15          | 
| ST (C)         | Daniel Sturridge   | Liverpool   | 28          | 31          | 11          | 
| ST (C)         | Harry Kane         | Tottenham   | 25          | 35          | 15          | 

September 5th:
The players have all met up for the forthcoming matches against Italy and Venezuela, I am glad to say that the squad have no injuries and are ready for the two matches

September 7th:
With the new tournament season beginning I have been asked to name my sides Captain and Vice Captain.
I have decided to stick with Harry Kane as my Captain and Phil Jones as my Vice Captain

September 8th:
Italy (Luigi Ferraris, Genoa) European International League Division A Grp 2 (1/4)
The game started well and on the 13th minute we had our first chance to score with a thunderous effort from T.Ince which saw the keeper at full stretch to save. Six minutes later Italy had their first chance as they broke through the defence but H.Maguire slid in to deny them the chance. On the 25th minute the first goal was scored as H.Kane ran onto a R.Loftus-Cheek through-ball and fired under the onrushing keeper. However ten minutes later Italy equalised as C.Immobile showed some silky skill to beat my defence and wasted no time in firing past A.Smithies who was alittle slow to react. After the equaliser my players seemed to struggle and with a minute remaining in the half Italy took the lead as R.Gagliardini ran through the defence with real ease and rounded A.Smithies to fire into the empty net.
The second half wasn't much better for my side as Italy dominated and on the 66th minute A.Belotti headed in from a corner to put the game beyond our reach. Twelve minutes later they had the final chance of the game with a rasping low effort which A.Smithies managed to tip around the post with relative ease.

Italy 3-1 England C.Immobile 35, R.Gagliardini 44, A.Belotti 66 / H.Kane 25

A.Smithies, J.Ward (R.Bertrand), R.Shawcross (K.Walker), H.Maguire, L.Shaw, P.Roberts (J.Henderson), R.Loftus-Cheek, A.Surman, T.Ince, D.Sturridge, H.Kane

Booked: R.Loftus-Cheek, R.Shawcross, L.Shaw

September 8th:
Italy (Luigi Ferraris, Genoa) European International League Division A Grp 2 (1/4)
The game started well and on the 13th minute we had our first chance to score with a thunderous effort from T.Ince which saw the keeper at full stretch to save. Six minutes later Italy had their first chance as they broke through the defence but H.Maguire slid in to deny them the chance. On the 25th minute the first goal was scored as H.Kane ran onto a R.Loftus-Cheek through-ball and fired under the onrushing keeper. However ten minutes later Italy equalised as C.Immobile showed some silky skill to beat my defence and wasted no time in firing past A.Smithies who was alittle slow to react. After the equaliser my players seemed to struggle and with a minute remaining in the half Italy took the lead as R.Gagliardini ran through the defence with real ease and rounded A.Smithies to fire into the empty net.
The second half wasn't much better for my side as Italy dominated and on the 66th minute A.Belotti headed in from a corner to put the game beyond our reach. Twelve minutes later they had the final chance of the game with a rasping low effort which A.Smithies managed to tip around the post with relative ease.

Italy 3-1 England C.Immobile 35, R.Gagliardini 44, A.Belotti 66 / H.Kane 25

A.Smithies, J.Ward (R.Bertrand), R.Shawcross (K.Walker), H.Maguire, L.Shaw, P.Roberts (J.Henderson), R.Loftus-Cheek, A.Surman, T.Ince, D.Sturridge, H.Kane

Booked: R.Loftus-Cheek, R.Shawcross, L.Shaw

September 11th:
Venezuela (Wembley, London) Friendly
A cracking start saw us a goal up on the 13th minute as T.Ince ran through the defence with ease and fired under the keeper. Six minutes later we had another chance to score with a rasping effort from H.Kane which saw the keeper at full stretch to save. Just before the half hour we had another chance to score as R.Bertrand crossed into the area nut D.Sturridge to head just wide of the post.
The second half was much the same even with the number of changes I made and on the 58th minute we had our first chance with P.Roberts jinking into the area but his final effort went just wide of the post. Ten minutes later we had another chance to score as D.Welbeck rose above the defence and headed a J.Henderson cross just wide of the post. On the 73rd minute we added goal number two as H.Kane ran through the defence onto a P.Roberts pass and fired under the keeper. With ten minutes remaining in the game we grabbed the final goal of the game as H.Kane curled the ball into the top corner of the net after spotting the keeper off his line

England 3-0 Venezuela T.Ince 13, H.Kane 73, 80

F.Forster, K.Walker, H.Maguire (D.Fry), R.Bertrand (R.Shawcross), L.Shaw, J.Ward-Prowse (A.Pritchard), J.Henderson, T.Carroll (R.Loftus-Cheek), T.Ince (P.Roberts), H.Kane, D.Sturridge (D.Welbeck)

European International League Division A Grp 2 Result:
Iceland 0-3 Italy 

With the final match the players will now be returning to their respective clubs and wont join back up with team till October
September 16th:
The World Rankings have been released and we have dropped a place to 6th in the rankings with Brazil top. Togo were the most improved nation as they moved from 135th to 92nd

September 30th:
With a few days before I have to pick my next squad I will have the fun of picking a full strength squad without any injuries.

Ben - I know what you mean mate...I hang my head in shame

October 5th:
Its now time for me to pick the squad for the forthcoming matches against Iceland (72) in the European International Division and a friendly match against Chile (10). The squad is as follows:-

| Position         | Name             | Club           | Age         | Caps        | Goals       | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK               | Fraser Forster   | Southampton    | 30          | 10          | -           | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK               | Jack Butland     | Stoke          | 25          | 11          | -           | 
| GK               | Jordan Pickford  | Everton        | 24          | 7           | -           | 
| D (C)            | Harry Maguire    | Leicester      | 25          | 5           | -           | 
| D (C)            | James Tarkowski  | Burnley        | 25          | 3           | -           | 
| D (RC)           | Calum Chambers   | Arsenal        | 23          | 3           | -           | 
| D (C)            | Rob Holding      | Crystal Palace | 23          | 2           | -           | 
| D (LC)           | Ryan Bertrand    | Southampton    | 29          | 20          | -           | 
| D (L)            | Aaron Cresswell  | West Ham       | 28          | 11          | -           | 
| D/WB (R)         | Kyle Walker      | Man City       | 28          | 39          | -           | 
| D/WB (R)         | Kieran Trippier  | Tottenham      | 28          | 4           | -           | 
| D (C), DM, M (C) | Eric Dier        | Tottenham      | 24          | 23          | 2           | 
| DM, M (C)        | Andrew Surman    | Bournemouth    | 32          | 8           | -           | 
| DM, M (C)        | Jordan Henderson | Liverpool      | 28          | 41          | 2           | 
| M (C)            | Tom Carroll      | Swansea        | 26          | 1           | -           | 
| M (R), AM (RC)   | Patrick Roberts  | Celtic         | 21          | 6           | 1           | 
| M/AM (C)         | Dele Alli        | Tottenham      | 22          | 32          | 5           | 
| M/AM (L)         | Scott Sinclair   | Celtic         | 29          | 11          | 1           | 
| AM (RC)          | Adam Lallana     | Liverpool      | 30          | 39          | 3           | 
| AM (L), ST (C)   | Danny Welbeck    | Arsenal        | 27          | 39          | 15          | 
| AM (L), ST (C)   | Marcus Rashford  | Man Utd        | 20          | 16          | 4           | 
| ST (C)           | Callum Wilson    | Bournemouth    | 26          | 1           | 2           | 
| ST (C)           | Harry Kane       | Tottenham      | 25          | 37          | 18          | 

October 8th:
The players have now met up and will return to their respective clubs in around nine days. We have been quoted as one of the favourites to qualify for the next stage of the European International League

October 11th;
Iceland (Wembley, London) European International League Division A Grp 2 (2/4)
A terrible start saw us a goal down on the 12th minute as V.Orn Kjartansson ran a mock of my defence and fired under J.Pickford. Soon after they had another effort with a rasping effort from twenty yards which saw C.Chambers heading off the line. We were being outplayed and on the 29th minute they had another chance with a curling effort from the edge of the area which saw J.Pickford at full stretch to save. With three minute remaining in the half we finally had our first chance as H.Kane ran onto a D.Alli through-ball and fired under the keeper but the ball bobbled just wide of the post.
The second half was three minutes old when we came close to grabbing the equaliser with S.Sinclair rattling the upright from outside the area. On the hour mark Iceland had the chance to kill the game with a well worked team move which ended with K.Trippier diverting the effort just wide of the post. With twelve minutes remaining in the game Iceland had a goal disallowed after J.Pickford was adjudged to have been fouled. A pathetic game and we were rightly booed off the pitch

England 0-1 Iceland V.Orn Kjartansson 12

J.Pickford, K.Trippier, H.Maguire, C.Chambers (A.Lallana), A.Cresswell, P.Roberts (J.Henderson), D.Alli, E.Dier, S.Sinclair, H.Kane, D.Welbeck (M.Rashford)

October 14th:
European International League Division A Grp 2 Result:
Italy 3-0 Iceland (L.Insigne 9, G.Bonaventura 44, M.Benassi 84)

Archived