Small budget but in need of someone clinical

I'm Derby, 1st season on 8.0.2, and i've got a good squad together but my striking department lacks strength. Everything adds up... defence is tight, wingers work all the time, midfielders fighting for the ball, 1 forward moving and weaving into space...

As you can see 1 thing isn't there yet. The 2nd forward who just makes the headers, tap ins, 1 on 1s, the winning goals, ...

So basically i'm looking for a Ruud Van Nistelrooy-esque player. Decent speed, decent dribbling, great first touch and finishing and good heading.

Now i've got €4Mil (=3 184 413,98 UK£) AND i'm Derby. So intrest in joining my team is low... I'll start looking myself too, but i hope i'll get some advice soon as i'm on 26th of August!

Thanx

I'm Derby, 1st season on 8.0.2, and i've got a good squad together but my striking department lacks strength. Everything adds up... defence is tight, wingers work all the time, midfielders fighting for the ball, 1 forward moving and weaving into space...

As you can see 1 thing isn't there yet. The 2nd forward who just makes the headers, tap ins, 1 on 1s, the winning goals, ...

So basically i'm looking for a Ruud Van Nistelrooy-esque player. Decent speed, decent dribbling, great first touch and finishing and good heading.

Now i've got €4Mil (=3 184 413,98 UK£) AND i'm Derby. So intrest in joining my team is low... I'll start looking myself too, but i hope i'll get some advice soon as i'm on 26th of August!

Thanx

Anyone ever tried Malik Mouath Al-Hawasawi ?

Probs won't get my offer accepted or a work permit, but sitll he looks pretty great!

Other than that i've got:

Kevin Vandenbergh, Theofanis Gekas and Jon Dahl Tomasson on my list.

Definately having a look at Danny Haynes and made an offer for Julio Cruz (whom i don't think will be interested tho).

I could buy Jon Dahl Tomasson for €2.8M.

Is he worth it? He's got the experience + a bit of a name.

AYE or NAY ?

Negotiating over Billy Sharp

Trying to loan Soldado

Furthering intrest in Haynes (weakest choice tbf)

Definately trying for Malik!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vinsanity666:

I could buy Jon Dahl Tomasson for €2.8M.

Is he worth it? He's got the experience + a bit of a name.

AYE or NAY ?

Negotiating over Billy Sharp

Trying to loan Soldado

Furthering intrest in Haynes (weakest choice tbf)

Definately trying for Malik!!Got a €4M offer accepted but he seems to be stubborn in the contract! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest mate, Jon Dahl Tomasson is getting on a bit so i would rule him out.

Definatley Get Malik Cant go wrong for his price, he will get you 30+ goals.

Then if possible get Soladado on loan(dont get your hopes up).

If no Soldado get Cabanas if you still have the funds.

icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by coolbananas:

To be honest mate, Jon Dahl Tomasson is getting on a bit so i would rule him out.

Definatley Get Malik Cant go wrong for his price, he will get you 30+ goals.

Then if possible get Soladado on loan(dont get your hopes up).

If no Soldado get Cabanas if you still have the funds.

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah doubting about Tomasson. Sharp offer was accepted for €4M, but he seems a bit weak.

Robert from Monterrey is a good pick tbf, looking to get an offer accepted. Offcourse Soldado's loan offer was rejected and Cabañas is too expensive.

I also got an offer for Gekas accepted, what you guys think of him?

Trying to get on Malik's good side by praising him XD

Malik rejected me.

Having a closer look at Tom De Sutter and Robert (main targets). It might just be hard to find a good striker now.

Marcelo Moreno looks good, but i tend to dislike strikers with a bad first touch. And his dribbling is a bit on the low side too. Both are important attributes for a striker. Other than that he's good enough for a Championship side...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

Robert is actually a pretty good player who will score plenty mate. Def. go for him.

Also have a look at S. Grax plays for some ligue 1 team in France. He scores even more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't loaded French leagues nor did i load French players. Wich i've regretted ever since starting this game icon_biggrin.gif

Trying for Malik again.

Cuevas looks good but my scout doesn't like him apparently.

Tom De Sutter is another great candidate €1.5M

If Malik and Robert fail i think i'd go for a double swoop of either Tomasson and De Sutter or Cuevas and De Sutter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by coolbananas:

OMG!!!! I think i just made the biggest discovery of my FM life:

bigdiscoverynj1.png

Is he what you're looking for? Starts at Lanus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GREAT find mate... Wow, only his heading & strength should be better.

It's first season I would look at the oldies to keep you up and then build next year:

Mackaay - awesome finishing and mental stats not too bad physically

Larsson - Good finishing, unreal composure and other mental stats and his fitness is still good

Cruz - A good player for the first two seasons, however I have found you can't sign him until jan and even then only on loan

Theres a couple of others knocking about, especially at the Argie and Mexican clubs who are maybe 31-33 yo and have ridiculous finishing and composure but won't be the fittest.

Archived