Hi everyone,

I would like to ask for your constructive feedback on how to replicate the real-life Messi role and how to get the most out of him (possibly two separate things).

So far I have tried several roles on him, mostly on a 4-4-2 similar to what I think Valverde plays.

-As a False 9, paired with a CF(att). In this case, he gets a lot of assists but doesn't score much. Also, he doesn't dribble as much as I would like, although I have "dribble more" enabled, but either passes or shoots from far away (with shoot less often he doesn't shoot at all)

-As a Trequartista in attack, paired with a CF(sup). In this case he scores like crazy, but he doesn't return to the middle so much as he does IRL.

-As a Trequartista in AMC paired with a CF(sup) upfront. Now sometimes he gets lost in the game.

I know it could also mean it is a matter of general team tactics, so I would also like to hear your experiences.

PS: I know Barcelona is not a really difficult challenge. I just want the fun of replicating Messi, so please don't bomb me with such messages. Thanks.

Well, i quite like AP(a) in the RW strata, but i also play him as a CF(s) in a front 3. Sometimes as a lone f9 striker with two IF's 

btw i signed him start of season 3 for liverpool. played 40 scored 30 assisted 20. He started off very slowly but was immense middle to end of the season.

3 minutes ago, craigd84 said:

Well, i quite like AP(a) in the RW strata, but i also play him as a CF(s) in a front 3. Sometimes as a lone f9 striker with two IF's 

btw i signed him start of season 3 for liverpool. played 40 scored 30 assisted 20. He started off very slowly but was immense middle to end of the season.

Does he score and assist much in the RW AP(a) ?

13 hours ago, Egecann said:

Ss-a with roam from positions could work maybe

This. The SS (at least for me) is a heavy dribbler and very agressive in his runs. Sometimes it ****s up the plays, but with the best player in the game I think it would work wonders.

• 6 months later...
On 02/12/2017 at 17:19, Piaz88 said:

Which roles do you pick besides the ss?

Couldnt get any type of am to be useful for me in the game besides the attacking playmaker. 

I tried a Trequartista but Messi flopped in that role. Playing him in the AM role was more ****. I'm now playing him as a AP (A) in the AMCR slot, and he's doing quite well there, 13 goals and 16 assists in the league. Yet to try the Enganche role though, I may attempt that soon.

On 01/12/2017 at 11:57, dimi_anathema said:

As a Trequartista in AMC paired with a CF(sup) upfront. Now sometimes he gets lost in the game.

seems like it's overall FM trend. When opponents got one or more players at DM strata its very hard to find space for your AMC.

You have to remember you are trying to replicate the best player in history of this sport. It's just impossible. He's playing as AP(A) at CM, AP(A), Treq and SS at AMC, and F9, Treq and CF as striker at once :D 

Let me prove it by bringing some statistics from this season:

Lionel Messi has the most in La Liga:

Goals: 34
Goals from outside the box:8
Direct free-kick goals: 6
Assists: 12
Chances Created: 85
Shots: 187
Passes in opp half: 1484
Dribbles: 269
Successful dribbles: 183
Through balls: 16
Touches in opp box: 282
Tackles won in the final third: 9
Interceptions in the final third: 5

and...the 3rd at shots on target ratio(63%) after Ben Yedder(72%) and Griezmann(66%).

Archived