Request for tactical replications

40 minutes ago, Rooneye said:

Graham Taylor's Watford from the early 80's :brock: On a similar long ball theme how about John Beck's Cambridge 1991 vintage? :D 

I’m willing to consider graham taylor’s tactics 

@OLLMEISTER1 tuchel's tactics came out recently in a thread done by @Gegenklaus https://community.sigames.com/topic/420472-the-thomas-tuchel-approach-a-tactical-project/ so I wouldn't put it as my priority

@Ellandroadhero your idea is a good one, I'd choose from Mourinho's 04/05, Guardiola 17/18 or Brendan Rogers's 13/14

To all:

I will allow this thread to go on for more suggestions for a few more days. I will choose a few tactsic to replicate soon for me to do as projects for december.

56 minutes ago, goqs06 said:

@OLLMEISTER1 tuchel's tactics came out recently in a thread done by @Gegenklaus https://community.sigames.com/topic/420472-the-thomas-tuchel-approach-a-tactical-project/ so I wouldn't put it as my priority

Ye, but I am a damn rookie and my ambition is not to do a 1:1 replication of his tactic, simply because I cant figure it out. Instead I try to translate his overall vision into FM. 

1 minute ago, Gegenklaus said:

Ye, but I am a damn rookie and my ambition is not to do a 1:1 replication of his tactic, simply because I cant figure it out. Instead I try to translate his overall vision into FM. 

Well, everyone has to start somewhere right? I'm also new, and I hope that I'll be able to learn more from the FM community.

2 hours ago, Ellandroadhero said:

Brendan Rodgers Liverpool when they just missed out on the title. Even with City playing the way they are now, that team is the most exciting I’ve seen in the Prem for many years with a great tactic. Mourinho’s first Chelsea team would be interesting as well! 

My friend, @Ellandroadhero, the Mourinho 04/05 thread is up! https://community.sigames.com/topic/422504-josé-mourinhos-0405-chelsea-tactical-philosophy/

Why don't you have a look at it? 

I wonder why no one has done an article on Pep's current tactic with man city or Luis Enrique's treble winning side. It's suprises me.

Well I have ideas for Pep's tactic but I don't have the time to create another save, and I've written on what I think should be the Luis Enrique treble tactic here. 

haven't tried it out, cos I haven't had the time. Feel free to give suggestions please.

43 minutes ago, Tyballs said:

Germany world cup 1990 - greatest team ever. Unbeatable. 

Would that even be possible to replicate in FM? With the sweeper/libero and Lothar Matthaeus' role in particular would be tricky. You'd need a DM that really gets up and attacks the box or maybe you could use a box to box role, but then it probably wouldn't be quite right defensively. I would love to see if this would be possible though. A very interesting system.

4 hours ago, Rooneye said:

Would that even be possible to replicate in FM? With the sweeper/libero and Lothar Matthaeus' role in particular would be tricky. You'd need a DM that really gets up and attacks the box or maybe you could use a box to box role, but then it probably wouldn't be quite right defensively. I would love to see if this would be possible though. A very interesting system.

Segundo Volante on attack?

43 minutes ago, Jean0987654321 said:

Segundo Volante on attack?

But you can't have a Segundo Volante as a single DM you'd have to have two DM's which wouldn't be right for the Germany 1990 world cup system.

10 hours ago, goqs06 said:

I’m willing to do these replications... if you’d follow me. I’ll try to do a few more before the year end

as an Inter fan who watches every Inters game I will try and replicate Spalletti's Inter myself, hopefully the forum will help me if I get stuck :) 

3 hours ago, Jean0987654321 said:

Maybe go asymmetric?

I think that yhe closest role woud be roaming playmaker. What about Littbarski? And how would you set up the Völler Klinsmann partnership? Is there any other analysis somewhere. I don’t speak german but the should be something our there in german. 

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 03:53, goqs06 said:

I’m willing to consider graham taylor’s tactics 

would LOVE to see Graham Taylor's Watford. Whilst researching my Arrigo Saachi tactic, i learnt that Taylor was at the same time as Saachi, trying to implement this compression of the zone between attack and defence and aggressive pressing. Obviously with Taylor, you have the additional interest of playing long balls, the width of his two wingers, and CM's swarming into the box.

Would be an amazing and unusual tactic to research and develop.

J

On 12/1/2017 at 04:51, Rooneye said:

But you can't have a Segundo Volante as a single DM you'd have to have two DM's which wouldn't be right for the Germany 1990 world cup system.

Why not just put a libero in attack duty behind 2 CBs

7 minutes ago, sherifdinn_ said:

Your right, Beckenbauer was indeed an attacking sweeper IRL. However finding good Liberios are hard to find in the game. The only one I know based on my knowledge is AC milans bonucci

2 hours ago, goqs06 said:

@ifoundthatessence @Rooneye I will do graham taylor’s Watford. But which tactic do you want. His first tenure in the 80s or the second one from 96-01? Follow and subscribe to me and I promise it’ll be out in a week or two

Has to be the 80s cosve what he achieved. 

I Definitely will, I'll make one too, because aspects  won't be that difficult from my Sacchi, and we'll compare notes. 

Cheers

5 hours ago, sherifdinn_ said:

Well that's not how Lothar Matthaues played for one. Secondly there is already a sweeper/libero in Augenthaler.

5 hours ago, goqs06 said:

@ifoundthatessence @Rooneye I will do graham taylor’s Watford. But which tactic do you want. His first tenure in the 80s or the second one from 96-01? Follow and subscribe to me and I promise it’ll be out in a week or two

Yeah got to be the 80's team for sure.

Follow and subscribe? On the forums? How?

On 12/2/2017 at 07:35, goqs06 said:

Your right, Beckenbauer was indeed an attacking sweeper IRL. However finding good Liberios are hard to find in the game. The only one I know based on my knowledge is AC milans bonucci

And jan vertogen of spurs

And this means you'll have to pick a team that has a liberal of you want to replicate the tactic @goqs06

Also watching the arsenal man utd game, I think I would like a replicate of the mourinho tactic used. 3-4-2-1, structured/highly structured, +as pogba, lukaku,martial, and lingard were the only ones attacking), counter/defensive, sit deep

On 02/12/2017 at 06:35, goqs06 said:

Laporte at Bilbao is a superb choice for Libero as well, just needs retraining.

• 3 months later...

Archived