FM18 Sugardaddies

Mr_Demus

4 hours ago, Ross Ingersoll said:

one right in your data folder. open the sugar daddy.edt.    on my computer its located in......    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2018\data\database\db\1800\edt\permanent

Cheers...will have a look

Can someone define the meaning of 'Sugar Daddy' in FM?

Does it mean you just start off with a healthy transfer budget, or do they just prevent the club from ever going into debt? Do they often inject cash into the club around transfer windows?

three different sugar daddies. 

"Sugar Daddy Type":
#  FRONT_END - They throw money at the club to spend.
#  BACK_END - They spend enough to make them a force in their current league but if they go up a level or two it would no longer apply.
#  UNDERWRITER - They don't give the manager any extra transfer budget but come the end of the season they will always cover any loss the club is making and not expect the money back.

To my surprise Leira, in 3rd Portuguese division, is one of them (foreground too, so money for the fun of it).
I started with them, and you don't have any money. Then after a month or two the president puts... 7M€ on the table! Put you still don't have money :lol: 7M€ would be insane for a club like that, but I haven't seen a cent of that money unfortunately

Il y a 2 heures, Gungner a dit :

Soo... They're a foreground club, and he puts €7 million in the club, but you can't spend them?

Yes :lol: I have no clue where that money is. It's in the financial report though. +6.9M€. But my transfer budget is still 44k€ and my wage budget is still 117k€/month.
And it appears like we still lost 244k€ in the month he gave the money. Looked at the expenses: nothing in particular, biggest one is 86k€ for youth team and something like 80k€ for wages.
Basically, he gave the money, medias said it was generous and we would be happy about it, but everything is like he never gave anything.

Screens: Our finances - Money we get  - Money we lose

We don't have any debt or loan.
I can't find the message saying the president gave the money, I guess it's too old.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived