[FM18] Editing the pre-match lineup screen.

ben carter

You can but not easily as the pitch graphic isn't actually part of the formation panel but just a graphic behind it (the tactics pitch is hidden and the players are actually at the edge of it already).

The file you need to edit is the 'match preview lineups panel' xml file found in the panels\match folder (if it's not present you'll need to extract the default file and copy it over, instructions here)

In that file locate this section of code:

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<widget class="pitch_with_tactics" id="hpwt" vertical="true" icon_flags="show_name,show_number,show_captain,dont_fade_icons,dont_show_team_names,animate_filled_rows,show_preview_info_popup, dont_colour_names, dont_colour_number" player_icon_file="tactics/tactics icon preview info panel" pitch_draw_goals="false" pitch_draw_markings="false" pitch_draw_grass="false" pitch_line_colour="transparent" pitch_perspective="0.25" pitch_disable_line_drawing="true">
<integer id="tactics_creator_index" value="2" />
<boolean id="pitch_dont_draw_indicators" value="true" />
<boolean id="pitch_show_captain" value="true" />
<integer id="pitch_vertical_padding" value="22"/>

<flags id="pitch_alignment" value="centre_x, top"/>

And change it to read:

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="50" apply_to_children="true" />

<widget class="pitch_with_tactics" id="hpwt" vertical="true" icon_flags="show_name,show_number,show_captain,dont_fade_icons,dont_show_team_names,animate_filled_rows,show_preview_info_popup, dont_colour_names, dont_colour_number" player_icon_file="tactics/tactics icon preview info panel" pitch_draw_goals="false" pitch_draw_markings="false" pitch_draw_grass="false" pitch_line_colour="transparent" pitch_perspective="0.25" pitch_disable_line_drawing="true" pitch_alignment="can_scale">
<integer id="tactics_creator_index" value="2" />
<boolean id="pitch_dont_draw_indicators" value="true" />
<boolean id="pitch_show_captain" value="true" />
<integer id="pitch_vertical_padding" value="22"/>

Note we have changed the inset on the first line you can pick a different value a higher number pushes the players further in, lower number pulls them out pick a value to suit, further down we have added a new option to the pitch widget which scales the pitch to the edge of the container instead of keeping it's shape, then at the bottom we have removed the alignment code to also allow the pitch to fill the container.

Also note you'll need to do the same further down for the away team, but note that the id on the second line is different 'apwt' so don't just copy all of that code.

Now save the file load up the game and if the skin cache is on turn it off and reload your skin and the changes should have been applied.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, D_LO_ said:

Am I correct in thinking that the player names on the line-up screen are hardcoded to the team's secondary colour?  

The default file reads:

<!-- Name -->
  <container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/solid/rounded/paper" height="24">
    <record id="object_property" get_property="tbcl" set_property="rrep" />
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<widget class="person_button" format="[%person#1-initial_surname]" size="xsmall" alignment="centre" auto_size="vertical" multiline="false">

<record id="object_property">
        <list id="get_properties">
          <record>
            <integer id="get_property" value="ttcl" />
            <integer id="set_property" value="colr" />
          </record>
          <record>
            <integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
            <integer id="set_property" value="valu" />
          </record>
        </list>
      </record>

</widget>
  </container>

So there's clearly a colouring command in the property of both the text and the box but whilst I've managed to disable this for the box, I'm having no joy for the text. I've removed what I can to allow the text to continue to show but it won't recolour. I'm also using a custom font and tried changing the colour at source within its 'config.' i.e.

<record>
	<string id="file_name" value="sen.ttf"/>
	<real id="font_size_small" value="7" />
	<real id="font_size_normal" value="7.5" />
	<real id="font_size_large" value="8" />
	<real id="font_size_xlarge" value="11.5" />
	<real id="font_size_xxlarge" value="16" />

<integer id="fill_colour_red" value="1"/>
	<integer id="fill_colour_green" value="254"/>
	<integer id="fill_colour_blue" value="135"/>
	<integer id="fill_colour_alpha" value="255"/>
</record>

Still no joy (been a while since I played with this and I thought it was more complicated than what I've done so maybe I've missed something out, I remember doing a guide on it though and Michael talking to Blue about something very similar in TCS last year, so I'll look it up if anyone thinks it worthwhile but I'm not even sure it would be much help atm). 

Flut has customised this panel (tactics icon preview info panel) 12 times yet every version of his hasn't touched the text colour either. This and my efforts, makes me think it's not possible.... 

Anyway here's my current, cannabalised code and a screen below of what I want to effect if it isn't clear, circled in red and you'll see why it's important I control the colouring...(both teams playing secondary colours are white which obviously won't always be the case)

<!-- Name -->
  <container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/bordered/solid/paper2" red_replacement="prem_purple" height="30">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<widget class="person_button" format="[%person#1-initial_surname]" font="fonts/sen" size="10" alignment="centre" auto_size="vertical" multiline="false" colour="prem_green" >

<record id="object_property">
        <list id="get_properties">

<record>
            <integer id="get_property" value="objt" />

</record>
        </list>
      </record>

</widget>
  </container>

P.S. re. the above issue with spacing, I found it also necessary to reduce the max player size, otherwise 4-4-2 for example, has huge 'faces' in comparison to 4-5-1, i.e. mine is now:

<real id="maximum_player_size" value="0.14"/>

Untitled.png

Gonna finish off the staff panels. then get into the match stuff. i'll keep an eye out.. looks awesome.    is that a lineup style selector? 

4 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

I was going to integrate lineups into the selector but atm it’s just the prem one I’m adding. A lot will depend on what the others will look like (not even seen a screen of them yet or even know I can find one easily) and my capability replicating it. The prem one is nearly exactly how I wanted it though so that bodes well. 

Im pretty sure the crux is jova’s work from last year and I got most from flut.

The lineups are missing from most of the animations so adding it would complete it. 

Yeah, was just having a look at the intro animations - seems to transfer over pretty easy. 

Managed to get a scoreboard ish style titlebar but thats about it on match day, cant even decide on a style yet.  Might raid that champs league skin from 16 for graphics.. 

16 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

The match titlebar doesn't look like it's going to give the same license for creativity as previous years but I quite like the simplicity of it. A scoreboard is a good shout, it almost encourages it... I like the Prem graphics but it isn't easy on the eye. It's what I have in mind though. Think I'm going to copy over Michael's files and take it from there for the rest of the match screens in terms of their format, not a fan of a lot of these default screens, I'm finding them difficult to navigate and I've yet to find opposition instructions. :lol: 

Its not too bad, bit fiddly... some aligement issues for now and had to take the quick console out, buttons wouldnt work. but got the graphics in... 

5a31a357cc1ac_HamiltonSerbiansvAbbotsfordMFMariners_MatchPitch.thumb.png.01ca011031fec58130eab580932156c6.png

On 14/12/2017 at 13:08, D_LO_ said:

I think the adding lineups to the selector idea is dead, it only seems to like this panel (regardless of name and playing with IDs) linked once.

Probably why it was left out of the original, shame though (particularly the Bundesliga and Ligue 1 could have looked decent) spent hours trying to find screens of the leagues, although some weren't that impressive and would have required some adapting....

I think rather than tie it to a league i might make a BBC/match of the day or ESPN Sports one, as i play more non premier league games nowadays. 

Preline up panels (not sure on the subs bench for this... 

1cPgYyj.thumb.png.953a0334f163586aca6886f527e6de56.png 5a3406b2e0315_11united.jpg.401474c9c1b8bf60cf84e0535c9dc10f.jpg

ibh formation etc.... maybe

p04czbzv.thumb.jpg.1eb389de7a922784f451ce12a37a640d.jpg

Back to the drawing board

Yeah, im in two minds into leave it as is or just turning into a massive version of the scoreboards from last year.

Getting a mismatch in the home/away opposition preview pitches at the min, my teams player faces and names are bigger despite being an exact match mirrored panel... aargghhh! 

13 hours ago, D_LO_ said:

I had that, 4-4-2 players were huge compared to 4-5-1's. Check my p.s. in my very first post here, it helped me sort it, although you might need a different value, due to resolution. 

Cheers, just onto getting the prematch lineups done now.. :) i think the intro panel isnt working i'm getting the awaiting lineup text.. might just be this game though. will start new match day save

Cheers, some issues with the AMC/DMC slots overlapping but i can sort that over the xmas period. kinda chuffed with it, never really gave the match screen a 'theme'.   gonna play a few saves see where my skin is annoying and needs a check or issues arise.  Cheers for all the help dude. 

• michaeltmurrayuk changed the title to [FM18] Editing the pre-match lineup screen.
On 17/12/2017 at 00:14, D_LO_ said:

No worries, enabling player faces on pitches is up there with the best skinning additions this year. 

Worked the titlebar too... bloody dortmund being yellow makes it look od, but its the only save game i have at match time.. :p

5a3ead7f9ecae_ManCityvDortmund_MatchLineUps-5.thumb.png.b4f166175e474542da973f58589fa595.pngvlcsnap-2017-12-24-20h40m50s059.thumb.png.2f8e3331cd604dd4e3cc5da046361b4b.png

Archived