FM18; Newcastle United - The Rafalution Continues

Stu_UBJ

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your strategic with your spending you can easily get that amount. I sold diame for 9 million colback for 7 million saucer for about 10 million and Gayle for 12 million. The. Just structure your sales spread the cost over 3 years for most of your transfer fee I just spent 18 million on dembèlè 2.5 up front the rest over three years in total I’ve spent about 55 million bought Justin klivert and pione sisto for wingers and David’s santon for left back got sturaro on loan with a 6 million fee agreement 

I never buy in payments. It hurts the future budgets. Colback can't be sold. I've tried in three seperate saves. No one wants him, even for £4 million. Diamé is a great player, as is playing fantastic for me, so he's not for sale. At least not for £9 mil. 

7 hours ago, cris182 said:

I have managed to sell colback for 7m to hull on at least three saves i have had

I have only had Hull accept a £5 million offer, and Colback rejected that. I can't sell him... Saivet as well after the new update. Before, I could always get Leicester to bid for him. Nothing now. 

October's almost over, and I'm leading the table... Not by a mile though, as number 2, 3 and 4 are only two points behind. But I've still managed to surprise everyone, including myself. I've only lost once (0-2 away to Chelsea), and some memorable moments has been 1-0 over Man City, 3-2 over Tottenham and 7-1 over Brighton. 

Won the title in my fourth season, would have probably won it in the third but Arsenal had a ridiculous season and finished with 101pts.

Current team is (4-2-3-1 MCR Assymetric)

GK/D - Ethan Horvath (£11.5m from Club Brugge) / Jason Steele (Free transfer for HG reasons)

FB/A - Fabian Mosquera (£675k from Santa Fe - Colombian 19yo regen who is better than Bellerin - absolute steal) / Mario Gaspar (£15m from Juventus) / Yedlin

CD/D- Kurt Zouma (£20m from Chelsea) / Reece Oxford (£32m from Swansea)

CD/D - Phil Jones (£22m from Man Utd) / Lucas (£3.5m from Atletico) / Mbema (sold to PSG for £30m, bought back six months and no apps later for £17.5m)

FB/A - Guilherme Arana (£17m from Corinthians) / Federico Ricca (£4.8m from Brighton)

VOL/A (DMCL)- Dragos Nedelcu (£2.5m from FCSB) - Absolute monster in the role - club captain / Merino

DLP/S (MCR) - Marco Benassi (£23m from Fiorentina) / Stefano Sturaro (£6.5m from Juventus) / Hayden

IF/S - Justin Kluivert (£8m from Ajax) / Ritchie

SS/A - Ayoze Perez - shouldn't work in this role but just does, assists galore.

IF/S - Diogo Jota (£20m from Atletico) / Ryan Sessegnon (£10m from Fulham) / Atsu

CF/A - Moise Kean (£18m from Juventus) / Alassane Plea (£13m from Nice) / Mitrovic

I'm thinking of doing a Newcastle save and have a few questions...

What are the rough budgets for the first couple of seasons? How likely is it you get taken over by someone willing to invest in the first season?

When is it realistic to be able to sign Serjej Milinkovic Savic from Lazio? Is first season out of the question even if I can raise £30m? Or do you have to be in Europe/CL to attract him?

Thanks a lot

3 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

Depends if you are full fat or FMT.  I play FMT and you get around £50m in first season, not sure in full version. 

Does anyone know why there is the difference in budgets on FM and FMT? Will there be a bigger budget on FM on a future patch or is it just part of the challenge that you get £50m budget with any team? Thanks 

Just finished my third season as Toon boss and this is my first post regarding my save this year...

Transfers - Season 1, 2 & 3:

5a48305e9fa55_1TFRS.thumb.png.8fe63a5d53c15b1cc299e1af6bea3b2f.png2TFRS.thumb.png.d96dba65e5e100d3a8679ba9b6a0461a.png3TFRS.thumb.png.472d6eeb6574cec1bbc928681a4c9d6a.png

Best XIs - Season 1, 2 & 3:

1xi.thumb.PNG.5501b22f3919ba2c2bb6e8b6dba8f13d.PNG2xi.thumb.PNG.121f599f310c9928efed3f10a5cd57fd.PNG3xi.thumb.PNG.25cfb393a7bc223c13927d385243a24d.PNG

League Positions - Seasons 1, 2 & 3:

1lge.thumb.PNG.413cd6c389537817985ed465b412d6ea.PNG2lge.thumb.PNG.178bd9eb256ff4013058e4160a791b12.PNG3lge.thumb.PNG.c88e91640b1965b9eee18e9d1f29b2c0.PNG

Trophy Wins:

2lgecup.thumb.PNG.db613c5f6de40010d729cfaf27589471.PNG3lgecup.thumb.PNG.1c6e03fdcad091ea0870f1432fb7736c.PNG3facup.thumb.PNG.99f565afb0a588e00d0f7ddc177085f9.PNG3lgewin.thumb.PNG.190f8227f3967c6fa4ed81328259b497.PNG

Short Summary:

Club got taken over not too long after I took charge. As you can see I spent a lot of money sorting the squad out, but finances aren't great at the minute. We won the League Cup in my second season and qualified for the Champs League - I got knocked out 7-2 by Atletico in the Quarter Finals in the Third Season.

In my third season I won the League Cup again, FA Cup and with Daniel Sturridge scoring in the 79th min, we pipped Man United to the title (we were 11 points clear at one stage and had a terrible run of form towards the end of the season which put us in second place, but we beat Man United at home in the penultimate game before Sturridge won us the league from the bench in that last game.

I'm now looking at another overhaul - Rajkovic moans a lot, Malcom and Zappacosta are inconsistent, Lascelles isn't good enough anymore, El Shaaraway and Sturridge are injury prone & Gaya hasn't proved himself on loan.

On 12/29/2017 at 06:08, NLH said:

Hassan from Braga, Dembele from Celtic, Woodburn from Liverpool

This guy has been stellar for me. In fact, at the beginning of this year I was able to sign Jesus from City for 18M, as he was transfer listed and never caught on at City, and I had planned to make him my new lone striker, but Coman continues to just score for fun. He'll become a Toon legend at this rate. Coman along with Jesus playing wide right, and Barco playing as a SS behind Coman have been dominating for me so far this year. 

5a4a615429e7d_PremierLeague.thumb.PNG.1061de46e7ad28a7e5e4661db2056709.PNG5a4a614e22292_Comin2.thumb.PNG.69941b8a07d9a79ba018f337ff6afced.PNGComin.thumb.PNG.3efd20136f039af9d6adee9935937a6c.PNG

Barco.PNG

Jesus.PNG

On 29/11/2017 at 22:31, NLH said:

Has anyone else been taken over in the first few seasons?

Got £76m transfer budget and £1.5m in wages but no-one to spend it on.

I started a save a few day ago - mid-October I got taken over by another British Business man - not a sugar daddy though. Slightly higher transfer budget (an additional £22m) but if I adjust the wage budget I can have £82m - but I also instantly got offered a new contract, even though I've only been there a few months anyway!

On 23/12/2017 at 15:17, GazzP said:

Won the title in my fourth season, would have probably won it in the third but Arsenal had a ridiculous season and finished with 101pts.

Current team is (4-2-3-1 MCR Assymetric)

GK/D - Ethan Horvath (£11.5m from Club Brugge) / Jason Steele (Free transfer for HG reasons)

FB/A - Fabian Mosquera (£675k from Santa Fe - Colombian 19yo regen who is better than Bellerin - absolute steal) / Mario Gaspar (£15m from Juventus) / Yedlin

CD/D- Kurt Zouma (£20m from Chelsea) / Reece Oxford (£32m from Swansea)

CD/D - Phil Jones (£22m from Man Utd) / Lucas (£3.5m from Atletico) / Mbema (sold to PSG for £30m, bought back six months and no apps later for £17.5m)

FB/A - Guilherme Arana (£17m from Corinthians) / Federico Ricca (£4.8m from Brighton)

VOL/A (DMCL)- Dragos Nedelcu (£2.5m from FCSB) - Absolute monster in the role - club captain / Merino

DLP/S (MCR) - Marco Benassi (£23m from Fiorentina) / Stefano Sturaro (£6.5m from Juventus) / Hayden

IF/S - Justin Kluivert (£8m from Ajax) / Ritchie

SS/A - Ayoze Perez - shouldn't work in this role but just does, assists galore.

IF/S - Diogo Jota (£20m from Atletico) / Ryan Sessegnon (£10m from Fulham) / Atsu

CF/A - Moise Kean (£18m from Juventus) / Alassane Plea (£13m from Nice) / Mitrovic

Isn't he a left back?

On 31/12/2017 at 00:44, Lawly Boi said:

Ju

I'm now looking at another overhaul - Rajkovic moans a lot, Malcom and Zappacosta are inconsistent, Lascelles isn't good enough anymore, El Shaaraway and Sturridge are injury prone & Gaya hasn't proved himself on loan.

He was immense for me; how're you playing him?  I played him as a right-sided IF with an AP in the middle and a CF upfront. 

Finished my second season. Came 7th in the league, did alright in the cups getting knocked out by Man Utd in the F.A cup 6th round and Carabao cup 4th round by Spurs. Was active in both transfer windows spending £130m and recouping £88m, managed to bring in Federico Chiesa from relegated Fiorentina, Goretzka on a free from Schalke in the summer amongst others and Ruben Neves, Allan & Denis Saurez in January.

4 hours ago, Geordieboy52 said:

He was immense for me; how're you playing him?  I played him as a right-sided IF with an AP in the middle and a CF upfront. 

Exactly the same believe it or not. I managed to get rid of him and replace him with Berardi who's playing much better though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have just started playing the game again after about 5 years out, i have started with Newcastle but i am struggling with tactics. I have 1 point from my first 4 games, Ive been knocked out the carabao cup in the 3rd round, i have let in an average of 3 goals a game. I mainly try to play 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-3 but none have been very successful, Im tempted to switch to a 4-4-2 but my team doesn't suit it very well. If someone could sugest some changes. I try to play counter football.  I have not added much to the squad due to transfer budget, my main signing was Jony from malaga for 6.5 mil and also got Brad Smith from bournemouth as LB cover for 2.5 mil

Thanks in advance

4123.jpg

4231.jpg

On 1/30/2018 at 09:22, Flame07 said:

Hi

I have just started playing the game again after about 5 years out, i have started with Newcastle but i am struggling with tactics. I have 1 point from my first 4 games, Ive been knocked out the carabao cup in the 3rd round, i have let in an average of 3 goals a game. I mainly try to play 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-3 but none have been very successful, Im tempted to switch to a 4-4-2 but my team doesn't suit it very well. If someone could sugest some changes. I try to play counter football.  I have not added much to the squad due to transfer budget, my main signing was Jony from malaga for 6.5 mil and also got Brad Smith from bournemouth as LB cover for 2.5 mil

Thanks in advance

4123.jpg

4231.jpg

try something like these just change the mentality if you want to be more aggresive, your not going to win every game, first season is making do with what you got until you can spend money on getting better players.

tactics.png

tacticts 2.png

• 2 weeks later...

4th Season 

iYOG0iV.png

Closest we've came to the title, went right down to the last game. Gutted I lost both of my last 2 games :joy: 

4kWTa0N.png

Dembele on fire for half the season, injured for most of the second half. Martins is an animal, goals and assists for days.

ufTrjVg.png

• 2 weeks later...

Looking around for a save to take me through to the transfer update and realised I hadn't managed Newcastle (which I do every year). Pretty easy, eh?

GFA8PjS.png?1

That's tongue in cheek, BTW. We haven't played any of the big six yet so I'm expecting to drop points when we do. And unless I'm about 20 points clear come April, end of season looks destined for disappointment - our last five games are Spurs (A), Man Utd (H), Liverpool (A), Man City (H) and Arsenal (A) :eek:.

But, so far, so good. Only dropped points to Leicester away (and just took revenge in the League Cup, which takes us to the quarter-final against Brighton). No transfers in or out of the first team squad - Colback and Gamez are listed but with no interest, and Colback has actually played pretty well when called on. Gayle is top scorer with 10 in eight starts. The whole team is playing very well with only Saivet, Diame and Mitrovic with average ratings under 7, and I'll be looking to move Saivet and Mitrovic on in January (jury's still out on Diame).

Mitrovic has been the biggest disappointment - no goals, no assists, dismal passing and when I criticised him after two consecutive 6.2 match performances, he told me he'd played really well! You're done, son - reserves and the transfer list for you.

Tactics are basically a flipped version of Cleon's deep 4231, with Ritchie as IF-s on the right, and Atsu as W-a on the left, Merino and Shelvey rotating as DLP-s in the DM line, and Hayden and Colback as SV-a. Against tactics with a DM, the AM gets snuffed out and we struggle to create, so I've taken to dropping the AM back to CM and going with a 433dm in those games.

In the patch Lascelles, Yedlin have been upgraded. Merino has been changed +2 dribbling and some mental stats have changed from what I found. Perez has been downgraded.

On 09/03/2018 at 22:13, darrensen said:

Anyone able to sell players in the first window?

Just getting back into a new save so I'm going to play around with my club again before I do a long term save but it doesn't look like you can ship out as easily as you could on the previous patches as there isn't much interest in the players who aren't on loan.  You can probably sell Ritchie and Diame but realistically it's not worth it.  75% transfer revenue available which only gets increased to 90% if Ashley agrees.  Be a decent save hoping for a good takeover.

I'm managing Fram in the Icelandic first division, signed this guy on a free in December. Starts the game at Newcastle apparently, might be worth a second look if you're starting a new save. Either with Newcastle or anywhere for that matter. Mild goal machine at this level, still only 19 too.

5aa67372b253c_EliasSrensen_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.73288d9969cbef20d0d52bf316ff3ee8.png

Got back into a Newcastle save with the new patch. Currently heading into December 1st season, top of the table by 1 point. Signed Jorrit Hendrix (£8.5m), Roman Prochazka (£825k), and Pedro Marques and Boschilia on loan. Outgoing were Diamé (8.75m), Rob Elliot (£1m) and Jesús Gámez (£850k). 

bbec9cb1f9d5d3b54a6bff7dcc3bc9ae.png

Slimani took 9 games to get going, but has found his rhythm. If he got to game 10 without scoring he was out of the squad! Merino been the best player so far, commanding midfield alongside Shelvey. 

Got Rodrygo joining in 2019 from Santos, who looks to be on his way to the top, so the £3.4m fee looks a steal. Currently eyeing a couple of forwards, as Joselu, Ayoze and Gayle want out, and I'm not sure if we can get Slimani in after the end of the season, and at 29, only got a couple of seasons at the top. 

22971450fb8137cd5cf312418652a8b4.png

Playing Control/Fluid, and really doing a job against pretty much everyone. Lascelles is surely on the verge of an England call up, whilst Shelvey is a current member of the squad, but yet to play this season for the 3 Lions. 

I'm planning to slowly bring in the younger generation, rather than offloading everyone and trying to rebuild. The current squad is bang on at the minute, barring a couple of unhappy players who simply can't get into the team. 14 of the first team is classed as part of the core social group, so that is a good sign. Just hoping for some cash!!

PS; I haven't been able to do anything with the thread, due to a combination of work and also family issues (my 10 year old brother is currently undergoing radiotherapy). Also doesn't help that I live in a different country to my family, so logistics is tricky to say the least. It is on my to -do list, but life has got in the way.

Currently in the 20/21 season, finished 2nd somehow last season, poor start to this season means I'll be lucky to grab an Europa league spot. Finished 3rd in CL group, 1pt behind Kobenhavn and 2 behind PSG, Drawn against Rangers in the 1st K/O round.

Squad is looking pretty good as well;

GK's: Woodman & Rajkovic

FB's: Adam Smith + Regen for RB, Andrew Robertson, Dummett & Regen for LB

CB's: Mbemba, Lascelles, Clark, Jesus Vallejo & Regen

DM's: Allan, Denis Zakaria, Hayden

CM's: Ruben Neves, Merino, Sander Berge, Denis Saurez & 2 Regens

RM's: Leroy Sane & Regen

LM's: Jadon Sancho& Diogo Jota

ST's: Pietro Pellegri, Danny Welbeck, Ben Woodburn

got 2 more regens that have come through the academy and 4 more to come in the summer

I unsettled him in the summer, got him to request a transfer. they had an asking price of £54m which i didn't have, checked again in January and he was still unhappy and listed for £25m

Season 1 Update: Finished 11th in the league wasn't in any real danger of relegation throughout the season so it was a good building block for next season

Summer 2018/19 Transfers

Ins

Sidnei - £7.5mil

Justin Kluivert - £13mil

Frenkie De Jong - £13mil

Valerie Germain - £9.75mil

Joe Hart - £5mil

Michael Lang - £7.75mil

Rob Holding - Loan

Total - £56mil

As you can see a pretty busy summer but I'm excited by a few of those transfers especially Kluivert

Outs

Ayoze Perez - £4mil

Javi Manquilo - £2.7mil

Joselu - £4.5mil

Jack Colback - £5mil

Jamaal Lascelles - £26.5mil

Mohammed Diame - loan 

Total - 43.5mil

The Lascelles transfer to Spurs really knocked me for six it happened late in the window they came with a £10mil bid I raised it to £26.5mil thinking it'd scare them off but they called my bluff, He wanted to go and with Shelvey moaning about the Colback sale I couldn't afford to have another team leader upset

Archived