FM18; Newcastle United - The Rafalution Continues

Stu_UBJ

FInally finished the first season. Last time I updated, we were heading into the Xmas/January rush. We brought in 5 players in January;

Young Calvo was a lucky find. I was just browsing through South America. Already made his debut in the PL, and scored on debut as well! Cost £1.1m, one for the future. Maresic was available in June on a free, but with a list of interested clubs as long as my arm, I decided to get him in early, and £2.3m is a good price. Already played a few games, looks solid. Hassan(£2.5m) comes in to give me solid backup for Slimani. Already played a few games and slots in well when required. Another future star I think is Sebastian, who signs for £1m, but unfortunately has already been loaned out to Genk to get a WP. The current squad had one weakness coming in, and that is at LB. I couldn't resolve in the summer, but Theo became available on loan. hopefully I can extend the loan, as we cannot afford his wages to sign permanently.

652ba5caff69d598b2afb01c6171bef6.png

We managed to shift a few. Ayoze had been doing well in midfield/wings, AvR of 7.4, but we do play better in the 4-5-1, where he doesn't really fit in, so £11.75m is a good chunk of cash. Despite playing just three games, we mamaged to get our money back on Joselu (who is actually doing well for Depor, 12 goals in 15 apps). Lejeune had been in and out of the team, and Udinese, chasing Europe, waded in. Other than that a couple of youth going out.

34a65d4533019667ba79c436a3786e00.png

Still great form. We managed a 26 game unbeaten run, including doubles over Spurs and Liverpool, and winning both matches in Manchester. However United got revenge to end the run. 

37bcec80c9be27281e958de1846b8048.png

Can;t quite believe we came so close to the PL title in the first season! If a couple of those bore draws had turned into wins, it was ours, but who am I to complain! So happy to finish 2nd, and we were right in it until the final day. Maybe next season.....

The best defence in the PL, not something that is often associated with Newcastle.

Slimani this season has been excellent with 17 goals. It took him 10 games to get going, but he ends as the 4th top scorer in the PL. I cannot fault the work rate of the team either, 5 of the top 10 players for distance covered in the PL are part of the squad. Atsu is the 2nd highest AvR in the PL, 7.49 (only Hazard ahead of him). Atsu and Ritchie both register 13 assists each, whilst Merino has the 3rd highest number of key passes in the PL. Karl Darlow kept a total of 21 clean sheets, gracefully 2nd behind the mountain that is Courtois. 

----

For the new season, I've been handed a £65m transfer budget. I have already spend a wedge of it, replacing Slimani (leicester know want to keep him), strengthening the midfield and also signing one of the top prospects. Main priority this summer is to signa DL, whether that be Theo on another loan, or find a permanent one.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a great season, did you improve the backroom staff at all? some Lbs to think about: Telles, Grimaldo, Barreca, Augustinsson & Tierney. Replacing Slimani might be harder if your looking for someone similar, could always put a cheeky bid in for Kane.

Summer transfer window is over. Sane, Neves, Denis Suarez & Rajkovic all left for a combined 172m, had a lot of offers for Berge as well but they wouldn't reach the agreed valuation so he stayed. A. Lafont, Dele Alli and Romagnoli were the first teamers brought in. Didn't know you couldn't change the EPL registration after the window was closed though. Loaned out Allan to Milan and tried registering a regen in his place, got to wait until january now

On 29/03/2018 at 15:06, NLH said:

That's a great season, did you improve the backroom staff at all? some Lbs to think about: Telles, Grimaldo, Barreca, Augustinsson & Tierney. Replacing Slimani might be harder if your looking for someone similar, could always put a cheeky bid in for Kane.

Already got slim replaced, got Eggestein joining, ridiculously low release clause. Also got a Brazilian ST joining, name I believe is Brenner...althoigh could be wrong. Not at pc at the moment, but think Tierney has already moved. Telles and grimaldo are already on shortlist, and the other two I will have a look at! 

Got rid of majority of staff, I'll post a screen when I'm next online. Kept AM and a couple of others. 

On 3/29/2018 at 12:39, Stu_UBJ said:

FInally finished the first season. Last time I updated, we were heading into the Xmas/January rush. We brought in 5 players in January;

Young Calvo was a lucky find. I was just browsing through South America. Already made his debut in the PL, and scored on debut as well! Cost £1.1m, one for the future. Maresic was available in June on a free, but with a list of interested clubs as long as my arm, I decided to get him in early, and £2.3m is a good price. Already played a few games, looks solid. Hassan(£2.5m) comes in to give me solid backup for Slimani. Already played a few games and slots in well when required. Another future star I think is Sebastian, who signs for £1m, but unfortunately has already been loaned out to Genk to get a WP. The current squad had one weakness coming in, and that is at LB. I couldn't resolve in the summer, but Theo became available on loan. hopefully I can extend the loan, as we cannot afford his wages to sign permanently.

652ba5caff69d598b2afb01c6171bef6.png

We managed to shift a few. Ayoze had been doing well in midfield/wings, AvR of 7.4, but we do play better in the 4-5-1, where he doesn't really fit in, so £11.75m is a good chunk of cash. Despite playing just three games, we mamaged to get our money back on Joselu (who is actually doing well for Depor, 12 goals in 15 apps). Lejeune had been in and out of the team, and Udinese, chasing Europe, waded in. Other than that a couple of youth going out.

34a65d4533019667ba79c436a3786e00.png

Still great form. We managed a 26 game unbeaten run, including doubles over Spurs and Liverpool, and winning both matches in Manchester. However United got revenge to end the run. 

37bcec80c9be27281e958de1846b8048.png

Can;t quite believe we came so close to the PL title in the first season! If a couple of those bore draws had turned into wins, it was ours, but who am I to complain! So happy to finish 2nd, and we were right in it until the final day. Maybe next season.....

The best defence in the PL, not something that is often associated with Newcastle.

Slimani this season has been excellent with 17 goals. It took him 10 games to get going, but he ends as the 4th top scorer in the PL. I cannot fault the work rate of the team either, 5 of the top 10 players for distance covered in the PL are part of the squad. Atsu is the 2nd highest AvR in the PL, 7.49 (only Hazard ahead of him). Atsu and Ritchie both register 13 assists each, whilst Merino has the 3rd highest number of key passes in the PL. Karl Darlow kept a total of 21 clean sheets, gracefully 2nd behind the mountain that is Courtois. 

----

For the new season, I've been handed a £65m transfer budget. I have already spend a wedge of it, replacing Slimani (leicester know want to keep him), strengthening the midfield and also signing one of the top prospects. Main priority this summer is to signa DL, whether that be Theo on another loan, or find a permanent one.

What formation you playing?

Into January now, 19 games played 15 won, 2 draws and loses. I'm in 2nd place, Man Utd are top still unbeaten 16 wins and 4 draws. I've been drawn against Benfica in the Europa league cup and Millwall in the F.A. Cup. I've settled on 2 formations now which are working; a 4-4-1-1 and a 4-1-4-1.

Started my new game with Newcastle after missing the save, after a corruption on my old HDD. Played with Valencia for a season, enjoyed it but it's nothing like playing with a team you support.

1LACgOa.png32VPMsk.png

Trying something new, formation wise for me as I usually swear by the 4231. I know Rafa's tried to implement this a few times this season and we'll see how it goes. 

Need to try and get Ayoze to sit in the hole and link up the play between the 2 CM's and the other strikers.

bKodIud.png

Started off quite well.

Hey guys, I've joined the Magpie revolution as well!

I took over in Feb of the first season, obviously no transfers possible so worked with the original squad. The club was in and out of the relegation zone then, steadied the ship to finish in a respectable 9th place in the league. We were already out of the FA cup as well. 

Tactically, played a 4-3-2-1 formation, with 3 in midfield (one on attack duty), 2 Inside forwards, and one Complete striker up front. The best player was Matt Ritchie, who eventually hit double figures for both goals & assists. His value has also gone up a lot. Other good players were Kenedy, Slimani, Atsu, Lascelles, who all delivered some good performances. 

I am currently in the summer and it's all about looking forward to next season now. My idea is to progressively grow the club and take it forward. I am looking to keep things realistic, not play the magic 3 striker formations and not sign the same amazing youngsters that I always do (such as Lautaro Martinez). Want to maintain a healthy proportion of English players in the squad as well.

So far I have overseen a bit of a clear-out, getting rid of Ayoze Perez, Diame, Mitrovic, Elliott, Manquillo, Gamez, Lejuene, Colback, Saivet and Joselu. Totally this amounted to around 20-25 million odd coming in. Undecided whether to renew Haidara's contract or not but will probably let him go too.

In terms of transfers in, I managed to sign pre-contracts with Rhian Brewster and Dario Maresic, both signing on compensation. I promised Rhian some first team football as a rotation player to convince him, so will have to find a way to give him some games and not send out on loan.

With all the sales (board only gave me 55% of incoming revenue) I now have a total of 32 million to spend. Looking to strengthen the following areas:

GK - need a new solid goal keeper and will keep Darlow & Woodman as back-up

DC - need a new partner for Lascelles, will keep Clark as back-up

CMa - attacking midfielder to play alongside DLPs Shelvey & Merino, need someone who can hit double figures for goals & assists

IF - undecided if I will buy a new IF, as I have 4 in the squad already in Kenedy (loan renewed), Ritchie, Atsu, and Murphy

SC - will definitely buy a new striker to compete with Gayle for the first team spot

Any ideas let me know, particularly British players! 

Recently finished the 2021/22 season, wasn't a bad season but a poor January saw us draw 4 games because we couldn't finish our chances. In the league we started off well being top of the league, only dropping 10 points until the new year and the second half of the season saw 8 wins, 6 draws and 5 loses. Despite that I finished 5th 1pt from 3rd and 4th and 3 points from 2nd. Man Utd finished 1st on 92 points. My team did manage to win the Europa Cup though beating the likes of SLB, Villarreal, Torino and Zenit in the final.

5ac7ac417169a_endofseasontables.thumb.png.94bc6763e4e17991e35f67218d00c455.png5ac7ac0041722_endofseasongoals.thumb.png.72af8e6778396feee044c3b2e10d2f3e.png

Gone through my second takeover in 6 years but beginning to create a dynasty. I am reaching that catch 22 situation where many of the 'real' players are reaching the end of their careers, if you want any SS let me know.

Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 08.51.23.png

Top scorer:

Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 08.54.43.png

WU3UaiT.png

Finished my first season and I couldn't be happier to be fair, some stand out performers that I didn't expect. Done awful in the cups due to playing youngsters and players that were out of the first XI.

09SV5X7.png

Slimani was a god and I asked Leicester how much he would be, they wanted £30m however I was going through an embargo at the time and by the end of the season they wanted £47m after he was 3rd top goalscorer. Hoping Mitro can come back and fill the void.

T5XZqVs.png

BFKi5LA.png

Decent enough finish, continuing the Champions League dream. Really thought I should have done better in the league however Slimani was a massive miss this year, the amount of clear 1 on 1 opportunities missed was awful.

0sZsSIQ.png

Gayle filled some sort of hole that Islam made.

KVYpQ4a.png

Can't complain winning a cup in my second season as well as getting into the UCL semi final, however I got absolutely battered 0-7 on aggregate by PSG.

2PEYPyO.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2018 at 00:19, Dodds' said:

Started my new game with Newcastle after missing the save, after a corruption on my old HDD. Played with Valencia for a season, enjoyed it but it's nothing like playing with a team you support.

1LACgOa.png32VPMsk.png

Trying something new, formation wise for me as I usually swear by the 4231. I know Rafa's tried to implement this a few times this season and we'll see how it goes. 

Need to try and get Ayoze to sit in the hole and link up the play between the 2 CM's and the other strikers.

bKodIud.png

Started off quite well.

Possible to share your team instructions/tactics for the 2 formations above? Thanks alot!

• 3 weeks later...

Starting my 3rd season, loaded up a load of leagues I don't normally play to see a range of players and tried to keep the squad together unless I get huge bids (like the £33.5m, I got from a tycoon-ed Stoke for Lascelles [and they gave him £225,000 p/w!]) Here's Yedlin's start to the season

5af6a1b790756_ScreenShot2018-05-12at09_08_11.thumb.png.e226626f04066a20e19b6355e6373125.png

• 2 weeks later...

Third Season Roundup

Oj4MP5k.png
Finished in a worse position than in the last two years however the competition in the league was far better this year round for some reason. Could have finished about 10th if I lost my last two games, thankfully I didn't and still have a European place.

CTjxnZ5.png
Mitrovic stood up and was counted for this year, however he was the only one in double figures which was very disappointing to be honest.

16ADWjZ.png
Got battered in the UCL by Barcelona, man v kids is the expression right?

onRQJ5D.png

Started a save with Newcastle Utd a couple of months ago. Summary of 1st season as follows:

The Tactics

image.thumb.png.718d1be3a23a5ee1dc7bfae13547a3e1.png

Transfers In/Out

image.thumb.png.7ab630f223d8a9110433185623c06fcd.png

Season 1 Summary

Excellent performance in the league, securing a Champions League spot on the last day of the season, with a 2-0 home victory over Mourinho's Man Utd who ended up finishing 5th.  Nothing spectacular to report in the cup competitions.

Tactics based on Thomas Tuchel's Borussia Dortmund team from a couple of years ago.  Brought in Stefano Sensi from Sassuolo & 2 potential stars in Pinamonti & Maresic but the surprise player of the season was Jacob Murphy with 22 goals in 35 appearances from the AMR position.

image.thumb.png.a6feee0666fdff6befd9389773517b50.png

• 3 weeks later...

Season 2:

Transfers In/Out

1583225114_Transfersseason2.thumb.PNG.cb8e033fcae6edb226b5b2fc83650531.PNG

Season 2 Summary

Major spending on transfers this season, with Kieran Tiernay, Jadon Sancho & Piotr Zielinski the highlights.  Managed to raise over £50m clearing out the deadwood like Colback & Saviet and players who didn't fit the tactic like Gayle, Mitrovic & Ciaran Clark.

Another top 4 finish achieved a lot more comfortably than last season, especially with competing in Europe (we reached the last 16, narrowly losing 3-2 on agg to Bayern).  Finally ended the long wait for silverware with a winning run in the FA Cup, the standout match being a 4-3 thriller vs Chelsea in the semi's.

Jacob Murphy continued his good form from last season with 13 goals & 13 assists in 38 games, ably abetted by Sancho (16 goals, 12 assists in 41 games from AML) and the new star, Andrea Pinamonti (27 goals in 49 games).  Not forgetting some stellar performances from Sensi & Zielinski in midfield.

Next season the goal is for a sustained title challenge.

1992986222_Season2table.thumb.PNG.ca27cf41412e2f879f033ee9cdebb178.PNG

Season 3:

Transfers In/Out

1583324088_Season3transfers.thumb.PNG.1d2a52edb845b7945a094bc802b52641.PNG

Season 3 Summary

Squad strengthening the name of the game in the transfer window.  Jordan Pickford the main signing with a smattering of youngsters for the future.  Mainly financed by Zielinski leaving the club after only 1 season after having his head turned by Monaco but ends up going to Spurs for £40m.  Go figure.

An improvement in terms of final league position (3rd) but a lingering sense of underachievement.  The expected title challenge didn't materialise, finishing a whopping 17 pts behind winners Man Utd despite being the division's top scorers with 90 goals.  However, we conceded 50 goals and were subsequently involved in a 6 team battle for the top 4 which we secured with 5 wins in the last 6 games.

Another decent run in the Champions League, qualifying from a tough group which included Bayern & Inter.  In the last 16 we met PSG & despite securing a narrow 1-0 home win in the 1st leg, we were destroyed by Cavani in the return, losing 4-0.

On the playing side, Pinamonti was a revelation in his Advanced Forward role, scoring 37 goals in 48 games & assisting a further 21, winning both Player & Footballer of the Year.  Sancho continued his impressive development with 12 goals & 16 assists in 37 games & Murphy was superb netting 19 goals in 46 games, with 19 assists.

Serious consideration to be given with a view to altering the tactics/formation for next season, aiming to shore up that defence but keep the goalscoring threat.

622045006_Season3table.thumb.PNG.a04a70acd5fdc499b51f4e8902fde8ef.PNG

Season 4:

The Tactics

548587943_Sarritactic.thumb.PNG.a82a43b5f24538974b19bd8091fd02cb.PNG

Transfers In/Out

780219350_Season4transfers.thumb.PNG.81b8748972e2a7f817f7bf84715d40ba.PNG

Season 4 Summary

As promised a new tactic based on Sarri's excellent Napoli team of last season.  The central defence was revamped with Sakho & Harry Maguire joining - both defenders comfortable with the ball, a key aspect of the new tactic.  Mbemba & more controversially Jamal Lascelles made way, the latter joining Spurs for £30m.  Frederico Chiesa was the other main signing, looking to replace Murphy in the AMR position as he's more suited to the out & out winger role.

The new tactic worked wonders, as we won the league with 2 games to spare from Mourinho's relentless Man Utd.  Our 1st league title in 94 years!  The key foundation being an unbeaten home record, with 15 wins & 4 draws.

In  addition, we had a fantastic run in the Champions League, reaching the final where we lost narrowly 1-0 to Diego Simeone's Man City.  Some fantastic results en route, beating PSG 5-0 at home (after losing the 1st leg 5-1) in the Quarters and a similar result in the Semi's, humbling Man Utd 5-1 after a 3-1 reverse in the 1st (away) leg.

Pinamonti continued to bang them in in his new False 9 role, netting 39 goals in 50 games. Sancho had his best season yet with 16 goals/15 assists in 42 games & newcomer Chiesa assisted 20 in 45 games, scoring 15 goals into the bargain.  I may have found my Salah/Firmino/Mane attack.  Wonderkid Dominik Szoboszlai excelled in the 'Hamsik' role, with 13 goals/8 assists in 33 games & Marko Grujic was impressive in the box 2 box midfield position.

In season 5 we'll be looking to retain the league & win the Champions League.

1889002408_Season4table.thumb.PNG.a4efe62851d02d282d7ca6c860078552.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to give a Newcastle save another go -not doing Jan update so working with squad from start of the season

Up to start of December now, season is going OK through to the quarter final of the Carabao Cup and currently 10th in the league with a won 5 lost 6 record.

Main tactics are a 4-2-3-1

Squad as follows

GK (SK support): Karl Darlow, Rob Elliot

lb: (full back support)Paul Dummett, Brad Smith (3m from Bournemouth)

cb: Jamaal Lascelles, , Ciaran Clark

bpd: Florian Lejuene, Chancel Mbemba

rb: (fb attack DeAndre Yedlin, Javi Manquillo

cm (dlp) Alexander Golovin (15m from CSKA), Merino, Hayden (carriello)

cm: (adv play) Shelvey, Dennis Praet (12m from Sampdoria)

Lw: (W attack) Christian Atsu, Denis Cheryshev (1.2 from Villarreal)

cam (shadow striker*) Ayoze Perez , Sergio Canales- (loan option to buy 4m), *Canales plays as adv playmaker support.

RW:  (raumdeuter)Matt Ritchie, Jacob Murphy

CF: Mitrovic (Def Forward), Gayle (adv F) joselu (adv f/poacher) Giueseppe Rossi (free transfer-backup hasn't actually played yet as just brought in once transfer embargo was lifted)

Confident that I can finish in the top half which is what I gave some new signings Praet and Golovin the promise of.

Was hoping for some investment in January to improve the squad but takeover collapsed so not sure what will happen now was offered a new contract though once everything settled.

My main areas I want to improve are

GK: Lukas Hradecky being my main target here has 18 on throwing and starts counter attack quickly PPM something which has been my main source of joy- Darlow and Elliot haven't done too badly in this regard but I find I need to improve

rb: No one 100% in mind yet this may wait until the summer as Yedlin/Manquillo are doing OK rotation wise but I want someone I can rely on to track back which neither seem to do - I had Jeremy Toijan before in a previous Toon save and he was amazing so if he becomes available

RW; Ritchie has started do better after I switched him to a RMD instead of Inside forward but he still has the odd game were he is anonymous from a previous save he never really improved on this so he will leave for the right fee. in terms of targets, I want to keep it English HG so Michal Antonio is on my list but I've sent my scouts out to bring back some ideas (Any suggestions feel free)

CF: My 3 main strikers have each gone through patches but Mitro still remains top scorer with 5, Gayle and Joselu just miss too many chances so one of them will prob leave in Jan, shall see what the market is like come that time. Brought in Michy Batshuayi on my  previous save for 10m and he bagged 16 goals in one short of Gayle's total for the season and he continued with a goal every second game until I sold him two years later for 80m so if he is available again and if I have the funds he'll be brought in.

• 3 weeks later...

Almost finished first season, FA Cup final against Arsenal to come and currently 8th in the league with 3 games left should be able to hold on for my predicted top 10 finish.

Quiet enough January Ashley gave me 14m to spend this was after a takeover lead by Steve Hollis collapsed, Invested it wisely enough I feel with 8m for Mattia De Sciglio and a loan move for Lucas Ocampos, managed to offload Manquillo and Joselu on loan with optional purchase fee amounting to 12m (7m Joselu, 5 Manquillo). Canales went back to Sociedad due to injury and Perez being awesome he didn't get much gametime  so his loan was cut short brought in Nicolae Stanciu on loan from Anderlecht to replace him and he has done really well.

The big news came just after the transfer window closed with another takeover bid happening this one successful( despite taking nearly two months to happen. The new owner is Igor Kolomisky current chairman of Dnirpo having read up on him he seems to be quite the character, shall be interesting to see how much he invests in the summer especially if we win FA cup to qualify for Europe.

• 1 month later...

Season 5:

Transfers In/Out

28740579_Transfersseason5.thumb.PNG.4db8408ca00f55503323778be2542f05.PNG

Season 5 Summary

Back to back league titles secured with a PL record points total & no. of wins (33) in a 38 game season, blowing away the 2 Manchester clubs, our closest challengers.  On the transfer front we made our biggest signing yet with Dele Alli joining for £65m and contributing an excellent return with 14 goals and 8 assists in 34 games with an average rating of 7.85.  Although we won the league last season I wasn't happy with central defence, so out went Pickford, Maguire and Sakho & in comes Laporte from Man City and potential wonderkid Ronaël Armoudon.  Promising goalkeeper Jasper Schendelaar was given a chance in goal, with Kasper Schmeichel providing experienced back-up.  Stefano Sensi was surprisingly moved on, with the up & coming Pascal Birzer as his replacement.  The changes worked wonders defensively as we only conceded 27 goals in the league.

Chiesa though was the undoubted star of the season, with an amazing 28 goals & 25 assists in 45 games.  Pinamonti again weighed in with 30+ goals and the final member of the 3 pronged attack, Jadon Sancho, delivering another impressive haul of 19 goals/13 assists in 43 games.

The Champions League however continues to evade us, our run ending in the quarter-finals with a 6-4 agg defeat to Real Madrid.  As ever that's the target for next season along with a hatrick of league titles.

846499866_Leaguetableseason5.thumb.PNG.5493b21818a7db28d36cca62c04e4f20.PNG

Season 6:

Transfers In/Out

853178360_Season6transfers.thumb.PNG.95570ba0475df13366bc9aea5b697e15.PNG

Season 6 Summary

Limited transfer activity in terms of numbers (just moving on the deadwood & bringing in some youngsters) but 2 major signings: finally got Trent Alexander-Arnold for a club record £72m and Scottish wonderkid GK Paul Flynn joined from Aberdeen.

The League and FA Cup double was secured, the 1st in Newcastle's history!  The league was a lot tighter this year but we eventually finished 7 points clear of Man Utd, with another impressive goals haul of 94.  Pinamonti broke his own goalscoring record with 44 goals in 50 games, ably assisted by Chiesa, Sancho & Alli who all delivered fine campaigns.  Youngster Armoudon was rock solid in defence.

1087447413_Season6leaguetable.thumb.PNG.835ab0b4cd927db90a8d15b287bfea78.PNG

Disaster struck in the Champions League however.  Leading PSG 2-0 from the quater-final 1st leg, we conceded 3 goals in the last 10 mins to lose 3-2 on agg.  Not the best.  Next season will our year in Europe...

PSG.thumb.PNG.3929fabb824498f2600d837f013d207a.PNG

• 1 month later...

FM19 already better than 18, end of October in the first season and we've just been taken over by an American investor who's just invested £129mil into the club. 

Wants us to become one of the greatest forces in football. 

Also wants us to qualify for the Champions League at the end of the season. No pressure.

2 hours ago, james_wilko said:

FM19 already better than 18, end of October in the first season and we've just been taken over by an American investor who's just invested £129mil into the club. 

Also wants us to qualify for the Champions League at the end of the season. No pressure.

damn! I want that save....post it in the sugar daddy thread. Still waiting to see who takes us over. 

13 hours ago, james_wilko said:

And people call Newcastle fans deluded  :lol:

16 hours ago, james_wilko said:

Ha, I hope he is planning on investing more then. That money will go nowhere 

13 hours ago, FifaBing said:

Is Muto an injury risk, cause that guy so far in my first season is literally getting hurt every week. 

Same, He started off on holiday and then injured 6 minutes into a friendly and cannot play even 15 minutes as a sub without a knock

Although when i had him fit for 3 or 4 games he looks good 

2 hours ago, james_wilko said:

Muto has had a few little injuries for me, but I've managed to get a run of 6 games out of him where he's scored 9 goals, including 2 v Man CIty and another v Spurs. 

playing him as a striker?

BTW someone should start an FM19 thread for Newcastle!

Archived