Sports Interactive Community
shimera

Splitting Nation In Two

I have some experience with the Pre-Game Editor but still have to ask: how could I split an existing nation in two halves? For instance, if I were to split Brazil in two nations (taking in account the local regions) how would I make the two Nation Rules work within the same file?

It's possible to have more than one nations rules in one file. So you could use an extinct nation for the second Brazil. But adding a new nation is not that easy, due to international competitions.

Just now, KUBI said:

It's possible to have more than one nations rules in one file. So you could use an extinct nation for the second Brazil. But adding a new nation is not that easy, due to international competitions.

Okay, how do I make two nation rules in the same file? I have some experience in creating single custom nations but not two or more at the same time.

Just add the second nation and also the leagues/divisions. I made it with a custom Switzerland/Liechtenstein file and did add a new Liechtenstein league running together with the custom Swiss league.

18 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Just add the second nation and also the leagues/divisions. I made it with a custom Switzerland/Liechtenstein file and did add a new Liechtenstein league running together with the custom Swiss league.

I don't get it. I have a file with West Brazil replacing (old) Ireland and I have another file with East Brazil replacing CIS, but when I merge them there's only one Nation Rule.

Gerade eben schrieb shimera:

I don't get it. I have a file with West Brazil replacing (old) Ireland and I have another file with East Brazil replacing CIS, but when I merge them there's only one Nation Rule.

Merging does only work for data not for nation rules. You need to do it in one file.

Just now, KUBI said:

Merging does only work for data not for nation rules. You need to do it in one file.

Alright, how do I enable two Nation Rules in one single file?

Just now, KUBI said:

You just need to add the second nation.

I can't click on "Add Nation Rules" again though, it only works once.

The nation rules are already active. Just add the nation you want.

5 minutes ago, KUBI said:

The nation rules are already active. Just add the nation you want.

I may be overlooking something, however I can't add a second nation to "Nation Rules".

Editor1.png

Editor2.png

Editor3.png

Editor4.png

You need to convert it to advanced rules for this.

3 minutes ago, KUBI said:

You need to convert it to advanced rules for this.

Oh I see how it works now! Thank you very much.

Editor5.png

Edited by shimera