Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
englandmanager

fm 2018 purchase today, activated on steam and cant load game

so i'm getting this error message WTF am I supposed to do apart from wait 24 hours for a game I've bought ?

Currently your game purchase cannot be re-validated successfully, please wait 24 hours and try again.

should I just recall my cash from paypal? or is there a way round this ridiculous error?

From the limited information you've given, it looks like the problem is with Steam, so doubt they can do much here.  I'd just keep trying it, doubt the 24 hours quoted is accurate.  

Googling it suggests that it isn't limited to FM (I can't access any of the links as they're blocked) and below is a thread from last year on this very subject.

2 minutes ago, forameuss said:

From the limited information you've given, it looks like the problem is with Steam, so doubt they can do much here.  I'd just keep trying it, doubt the 24 hours quoted is accurate.  

Googling it suggests that it isn't limited to FM (I can't access any of the links as they're blocked) and below is a thread from last year on this very subject.

thanks for your reply, I disagree with they can't do anything, they are the ones using this intrusive DRM

6 minutes ago, englandmanager said:

thanks for your reply, I disagree with they can't do anything, they are the ones using this intrusive DRM

A lot of people use Microsoft Office at work, doesn't mean they can necessarily fix any problems within that.  If it's a problem with validating the product within Steam, then it's Steam's problem.

strangely fm touch 2018 works perfectly, the full game (the one I desperately want to play does not?

bit strange, I will wait until tomorrow and see if its just a temp problem, it really makes no sense

2 hours ago, englandmanager said:

i'll give it 24 hours, then if no luck will apply for my paypal refund

I'd watch out about that - if you do a chargeback, Valve can restrict your account, potentially preventing you from purchasing any other games, or stopping access to other games: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6687-HJVM-8966

1 minute ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

I'd watch out about that - if you do a chargeback, Valve can restrict your account, potentially preventing you from purchasing any other games, or stopping access to other games: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6687-HJVM-8966

sorry but if in 24 hours I don't have a working product I am well within my rights to get my money back

Just now, englandmanager said:

sorry but if in 24 hours I don't have a working product I am well within my rights to get my money back

Which is why you request a refund from Steam, which they will provide in the circumstances you've provided - you're generally obligated to request a refund via a business' refund processes, and go through those policies, prior to carrying out a chargeback.

You can just contact Steam for a refund as per here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

1 minute ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Which is why you request a refund from Steam, which they will provide in the circumstances you've provided - you're generally obligated to request a refund via a business' refund processes, and go through those policies, prior to carrying out a chargeback.

You can just contact Steam for a refund as per here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

if only they had a proper tech support , i'd be able to ask them why I need to wait 24 hours to re-validate a game I purchased from them

shame their tech support is a copy and paste job

thanks for the advice

thanks to Sega for the help and Neil Brock, turns out an out dated gpu driver was causing the issue

all good and can now start my rise up the leagues