How to get players working well together in the team

I really like this new feature on the tactic screen where a line will appear between the players when they have a good partnership or work well in the team together. It shows me who plays well together, and it also helped me change my players when it said that two players weren't working well together. However, I have a question.

5a1c2724b30ec_ScreenShot2017-11-27at15_53_31.png.40d0e4d5134947583a9ae545b1fddfeb.png

As seen here the strikers have a great partnership with each other, however the line in midfield is orange, and thus shows me that there partnership is only OK.

I was wondering whether there was anything I could do to help it go green quicker? These players have played together for one and a half seasons so far. Is it just the case that they don't work well together and it won't improve?

Anyone have any advice?

В 28.11.2017 в 16:27, Rooneye сказал:

Those players who it said weren't working well together, that doesn't mean they can't play together. If you play them and they get good ratings that will change to a good partnership.

Is it the same as in FM17 that ratings doesn't tie to opposition strength? So you playing lot's of friendlies against weaker teams will give boost to partnership?

Switch  training focus to team cohesion and match focus to tactics. Putting the slider as far left as possible will maximise tactical training. Once tactical familiarity is full you can reduce it to focus more on team cohesion.

There's also a team talk feedback screen somewhere on the tactics screen (under analysis maybe, don't have the game open right now) which shows how much of an understanding the squad have with each other

probably the fact both players are set to an attacking role means they do not complement eachother enough. Change one of them to support and it might help.

Your three attacker feature one support role, and that might be what improves their teamwork.

Archived