Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
ben1802

unable to play in certain nations/leagues

Hi guys having a major issue I have yet to play the game because when start a new game and begin to choose which club to become manager of it will not let me manage in spain at all or in league 2 in england and a division in france even though i have loaded all these up as playable. i am totally confused by this any thoughts or help would be much appreciated. happy to post screenshots if my issue isnt clear.

Thanks for getting back to me. There were but i hav since deselected them and also deleted them whilst uninstalling the game and reinstalling twice. bizarrely also in germany the only team in the first division it will let me manage is bremen im so confused by all this. I know from past game expereince if there were issues with custom files etc it would not let me load certain leagues but never certain clubs. Any ideas on what I could try? I have uploaded an image to show my issue.

fm issue.PNG

Edited by ben1802

Could you try seeing if verify your game cache makes any difference with this?

You can do this by:
- Load Steam
- From the 'Library' section, right-click on the game and select 'Properties' from the menu.
- Select the 'Local Files' tab and click the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' button.
- Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes. This will always download a number of files even if you've just verified the game.
- Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.
- We recommend verifying your cache twice to make sure all files are fully downloaded.

I have also tried this to no effect and strangely I just installed the  game on my laptop and got exact same issue. Also when I uninstall and reinstall it seems to have saved my settings so maybe its not been fully uninstalled? Have since used revo uninstaller to remove all game files and still no joy. Any Ideas? I bought and downloaded the game through stream could it be an issue there?

Edited by ben1802

When you created your game, under the 'Advanced Settings' you had 'Prevent teams who already have managers from being controlled' ticked.

You'll need to start a new game and untick this.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

haha funny you should say that i just came to that conclusion myself i feel like such a dope. i logged back onto here to tell you my incredibly dumb mistake and found you had suggested same thing. It is working now i apologies for taking up your time on something so embarrassingly stupid.