UEFA Nations League - Division D

Hello all! 

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I've searched a few pages and not found an answer. I'm still enjoying life on FM17 so haven't purchased FM18.... YET! 

I always love managing a non-league side as well as managing Gibraltar. Does anyone know if FM18 has included the correct rules about the new UEFA Nations League tournament? In that tournament, the eventual winners of Division D (the lowest division for the bottom 16 european sides) qualifying for Euro 2020. Obviously, for people managing a small nation this is huge so would be great if it's been included in FM2018! 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, petermiller36 said:

It's been in previous FM's, including FM17, but it didn't have the qualification route to the Euros for those in Division D. So, does the new FM18 definitely have that? 

Yes it did.  I qualified using it in at least FM17, perhaps FM16.

It's in. It just doesn't seem to appear on the country's schedule until about a month or so before the play-offs begin. Under the spoiler you can see it's in.

Spoiler

nl1.pngnl2.pngnl3.png

I don't think it's correct Division A country Iceland plays Division C country Estonia, though.

It's technically possible for Euro 2020 to have 3 Division C teams competing in the Division A play-off. This is due to teams who qualify from the qualifiers not competing in the Playoff and the gaps being filled from the bottom up by teams not included in the playoffs.

20 teams qualify from the qualifying competition - if 11 out of 12 teams qualify from Division A and 9 out of 12 from Division B qualify it leaves the playoffs as follows:

Division A Playoffs

Division A12 vs Division C8

Division C6 vs Division C7

Division B Playoffs

Division B10 vs Division C5

Division B11 vs Division B12

Division C Playoffs

Division C1 vs Division C4

Division C2 vs Division C3

21 hours ago, forameuss said:

Yes it did.  I qualified using it in at least FM17, perhaps FM16.

I can see it now!!! It's because it's labelled as Euro Qualifying Playoffs (which it is I guess) and my Gibraltar boys got nowhere near the top of Division D. 

20 hours ago, Zek said:

It's in. It just doesn't seem to appear on the country's schedule until about a month or so before the play-offs begin. Under the spoiler you can see it's in.

Hide contents

nl1.pngnl2.pngnl3.png

That's extremely helpful and great to see! Well done to SI for seemingly getting the complicated rules correct. As outlined above, teams from Division C could end up playing a Division A side in the playoff due to others higher up having already qualified through the Euro Qualifying. 

Archived