[FM18] Ta' Xbiex SC - Youth Only Malta

Warg92

Pre Season 2030/2031

1ADOqeI.png

sbpei65.png

Funny that the teams that is the hardest to beat are our own U19s!

The Squad

A7rBqDG.png

Starting XI

GK

RB  -  CB  -  CB  -  LB

RM  -  CM  -  CM  -  LM

ST  -  ST

LCM and one of the ST position might change this season. Even one of the CB positions, if Simone Misso (JR13b) starts to grow fast!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geez, this year's edition of Malta madness is progressing at a crazy rate, superb work in Europe!

What kind of tactics are you using, I see you're setting up in a 4-4-2 but this seems wildly effective. I'm gonna guess it's a classic attacking setup with 2 out-and-out wingers?

55 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Geez, this year's edition of Malta madness is progressing at a crazy rate, superb work in Europe!

What kind of tactics are you using, I see you're setting up in a 4-4-2 but this seems wildly effective. I'm gonna guess it's a classic attacking setup with 2 out-and-out wingers?

Thank you!

I don't know if things have changed after the update, but this is the one I have been using. I usually change a bit when playing against big teams.

rg415as.png

Ta' Xbiex in Europe 2030/2031

This is the year we're going in to Champions League group stages, I can feel it!

64d7VOy.png

p2az8g7.png

Started off easy, with a draw against FK Zeta Golubovci from Montenegro. And after two games we dominated (we should seriously have won the second game with 5 goals!) we were through to next round.

Next up, Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar from Iceland.

4u7Unjl.png

uVrusWn.png

We had no problems in the first game, and won 4-0. We lost the second one, but I was not nervous in that game. Even though they could have gone 2-0 up after only 12 minutes.

Next up, Qarabağ FK Ağdam from Azerbaijan.

4JAMor9.png

5VPZpVv.png

The first game was a pretty close one. But we smashed them in the second game, and won 7-1 on aggregate.

The last team we were facing for a place in CL group stages this year was Celtic.

xM8o6cy.png

Rv2D9U3.png

And we did it! For the first time we are in the Champions League group stages!

We were leading 4-1 in the first game until the 86th minute, and then we conceded two quick goals. I was a bit angry, but felt like we could do it. The second game we maybe should have finished earlier, but at least we did it in the end!

8tpjjs1.png  W9UoK2G.png

A very hard group! The only hope for a point is against Beşiktaş A.Ş. But, you never know, we might cause an upset!

Other teams from Malta in Europe

Hibernians

wREYkqy.png

Floriana

raIXO8J.png

Birkirkara

ei5O7Z9.png

4 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Um, wow. In a way it matches what I expected (how attacking it is), in another really it really really doesn't (how it uses inverted wingers and underlaps instead of wingers). Interesting!

It is a bit weird to be honest. I have used it all the way from the start of this years FM. The only big changes I have done is at the CMs. And I only use overload in the league games :)

1 hour ago, Warg92 said:

8tpjjs1.png  W9UoK2G.png

One of these things, is not like the others...and obviously I am referring to Molde.

Great job so far.  I have been working on a youth-only save in Malta on FM16, and it is an absolute slog.

17 hours ago, JayR2003 said:

One of these things, is not like the others...and obviously I am referring to Molde.

Great job so far.  I have been working on a youth-only save in Malta on FM16, and it is an absolute slog.

Molde actually finished third in their group, ahead of Ajax :p The norwegian league has improved a lot this save, and is currently placed 8th in the reputation list :)

Thank you! This has been a lot easier this year than last year because of how easy it is to upgrade the youth recruitment and coaching.

3 hours ago, andychar said:

Great effort. Made Qualifying look easy. Fingers crossed you can do it on a regular basis now.

Thank you! I hope so!

Mid Season 2030/2031

RJIS7qr.png

9hLndyF.pngUhqZXkL.png

Every second year it seems like Hibernians wants to fight us all the way! We usually do better after the half way point though, as we usually do not play European football.

Champions League

iIAMhdt.png

4evbONN.png17nHO5j.png

Well... It's not THAT bad is it? We actually got a point!

It may look like some of the games were tight, but no, we should have lost them with a bigger margin!

NRfAdcp.png

4r4VzlU.png

usXt7vn.png

At least we broke some records. Not all good though!

National Team

7Dt29Qu.png

KxRRc4A.pngrUhzZyx.png

But, the national team did well! A draw against Faroe Islands is not that good, but we still won the group.

And here are the groups for the European Championship Qualifying.

VMZMgAz.png  4glqRjj.png  sSow0RZ.png

11 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Excellent mate..You win your group with Malta so good luck in play-ofs for a place to next Euro!!:cool:

Haha, I doubt it, but thanks anyway :p

11 hours ago, ryanlion28 said:

That qualifying group for Malta is one of the weakest groups i have ever seen. 

That's what I was thinking as well!

Youth Intake 2031

p6gmaIZ.png

As I said in an earlier post, I really want (need) a better RB. And I got a RB, he might not go straight in to the first eleven, but in a couple of years, I hope he is ready. And that is the only usable player from this years intake.

The Best

JWe56q3.png

Nothing special...

End of the 2030/2031 Season

J3L7lri.png

ZDkmjae.pngPFl1qP0.png

Another one. We lost one game this season. It came a bit  out of the blue to be honest, and I used our best eleven. But, we did only concede 5 goals in the second half of the season, so I'm happy with that.

O0jX4Tx.png

And we add another FA Trophy to our growing collection of trophies.

MdIlR8F.png

Matteo Porcelli will be an amazing player for us. I am 100% certain...

cFtYx65.pngv3VkoB7.png

2030/2031 Best XI

SrejeFJ.png

Overall Best XI

ApZwYQK.png

I feel this shows their potential more than a the players that get called up to the U19 Malta national team!

w9eCpSD.png

T8eYhAY.png

xWH6VOq.png

Pre Season 2031/2032

vxD6cB4.png

UkeHcbQ.png

We should be at the top at the end of the season!

The Squad

0dnUtXF.png

Starting XI

GK

RB  -  CB  -  CB  -  LB

RM  -  CM  -  CM  -  LM

ST  -  ST

Matteo Porcelli has grown a LOT over the last season. Currently our best player at the age of 16!

JbaAVN4.png

UZlXFkq.png

We are growing as a team, and we're helping the league grow as well!

****ing hell, you're the terror of the Maltese league by now, almost every match is a 5-0 win. :lol:

Great job in the CL, more than respectable performance.

And that group for the national team is surprisingly easy, I think to qualify is asking for way too much, but maybe you can finish ahead of a couple of teams there...

10 hours ago, noikeee said:

****ing hell, you're the terror of the Maltese league by now, almost every match is a 5-0 win. :lol:

Great job in the CL, more than respectable performance.

And that group for the national team is surprisingly easy, I think to qualify is asking for way too much, but maybe you can finish ahead of a couple of teams there...

I believe we are every Maltese teams worst nightmare :p

I'm very happy with the Juventus result at least! The other games might look tight, but we got hammered all the way, and I thank our GK for not conceding more goals!

I got very surprised with that group as well!

Ta' Xbiex in Europe 2031/2032

Could we go in to Champions Leauge group stages two years in a row?!

First up, Crusaders from Northern Ireland!

wHSB4tg.png

EuB973U.png

Easy. Next!

HJK from Finland!

nFq12Hs.png

QlsUNgt.png

No problems whatsoever in these games.

Next up, Legia Warzawa, from Poland!

orcoeYO.png

PL8bIlr.png

After a very close first game with big chances both ways, we managed to win the second one 1-0.

And finally, for  place in group stages we got Celtic. It's the third time we are facing them in these qualification stages!

kfTAzS8.png

THH5KSX.png

Maaan, that was way to close! But we did, for the second time in a row we're in the CL Group stages!

iRMxKg7.png

I think this group is "easier" than last year. Still very hard though, as every group is. The main goals is to get more points than last year.

The last team is Anderlecht.

Other teams from Malta in Europe.

Hibernians

MxnKetj.png

Floriana

bokPjTE.png

Birkirkara

okREfLp.png

If the teams from Malta does not get better the next few years, I might add another manager to one the bottom teams and do the same thing as I did with Ta' Xbiex.

4 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Wow you scored 4 against Monaco!

I guess that's one way to look at it!

4 hours ago, noikeee said:

Ah, just the usual 13 goal match.

Happens every week!

3 hours ago, Timetxu said:

You sure you're not Deportivo La Coruña in disguise?

At least we scored one more than Deportivo. So did Monaco, but that does not matter :p

Mid Season 2031/2032

dlWwMQj.png

TRXLJq4.pngBxqskgq.png

It can't get much better than this! And it looks like there is a new challenger for the second place!

Champions League

Uqnrd9u.png

YPwTWCg.pngC0qn5Xz.png

As the earlier post showed, we really started the group stage bad with a 4-9 loss against Monaco. But we got our revenge, and beat them 1-0 in the home game. Not only that, we beat Lazio in our home game as well! That means we're through to the Europa League knock out stages!

zrJtdyo.png

Some big clubs in the first round!

National Team

iQznpkd.png

vKyLPUJ.png5qYo3Br.png

I am very happy with this! I knew we would have trouble against Wales and Switzerland. I also thought Iceland should beat us, but it turns out the quality of the Icelandic national team really has declined.

So, after all these games I was prepared to resign, and just focus on Ta' Xbiex. I just wanted to wait another week, and then I got this message.

Ra9e2KZ.png

So, I guess I'm staying for a few more months :p

In other news

rj6Vuf5.png

y4jUtxi.png

39 minutes ago, Warg92 said:

vKyLPUJ.png5qYo3Br.png

Wait, SEVENTY FIVE goals against for Andorra? Holy cow poo, that's a ridiculous amount even for San Marino standards...

And long live the new Nations League where all four levels will send a team to the Euros! If you beat Cyprus, you'll have to beat another team as well to get there, but you got a great chance to qualify for the tournament! 

58 minutes ago, Timetxu said:

Wait, SEVENTY FIVE goals against for Andorra? Holy cow poo, that's a ridiculous amount even for San Marino standards...

And long live the new Nations League where all four levels will send a team to the Euros! If you beat Cyprus, you'll have to beat another team as well to get there, but you got a great chance to qualify for the tournament! 

zkXkkpl.png

You're right. It was not a good year, even for them! :p I'm a little bit annoyed that their only goals was against us!

Ahh, that's how it works!

13 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

14 point is amazing point collection for Malta mate!!Good luck against Cyprus you can eliminate them! Iwon them in fm 2017 with Gibraltar..,:cool::D

Thank you! We beat them in the first game in the group stages, so it is possible!

Youth Intake 2032

kpqJOBy.png

Meh... Only one player that we will use. Jean Claude Caruana already is our second best RB, and will get a few games. I will keep the players with high DET. That Italian has an amazing name by the way...

OJSSSCt.png

hace 23 horas, Timetxu dijo:

Now, Just for s**ts and giggles, how is San marino doing in your save?, Warg

2 hours ago, noikeee said:

Wow, both the CL campaign and the Malta qualifiers campaign was absolutely amazing.

I have to agree, we outdid ourselfes!

2 hours ago, bdavies26 said:

You have to be encouraged by that CL showing. 6 points in that group is nothing to be ashamed of. Malta's performance in Euro qualifying was excellent as well.

I'm very happy with both teams!

1 hour ago, DefenseLover said:

Now, Just for s**ts and giggles, how is San marino doing in your save?, Warg

Currently placed 184th in the world. Best position was in 2030, when they were all the way up to 161th!

They even have a fairly decent striker!

7j0ALBZ.png

1 hour ago, DazRTaylor said:

A lot better than my country no doubt.  :(

You're right :p

hace 20 minutos, Warg92 dijo:

I have to agree, we outdid ourselfes!

I'm very happy with both teams!

Currently placed 184th in the world. Best position was in 2030, when they were all the way up to 161th!

They even have a fairly decent striker!

7j0ALBZ.png

You're right :p

Incredible!, Have they won any more games?

22 minutes ago, TIR669 said:

You're updating this far too often for me to manually search last post I read so commenting to fix that.

Been following for a while now, fantastic results so far!

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, DefenseLover said:

Incredible!, Have they won any more games?

From 2017 to the current year, they have won 2-1 vs Malta, four games vs Gibraltar (two friendlies) 2-0, 2-1, 6-1 and 3-0.  3-0 vs Liechtenstein (friendly), 5-1 vs Faroe islands, 2-0 vs Andorra, and their perhaps best win, 1-0 vs Latvia! And some drawn games, 2-2 vs Kazakhstan, 0-0 vs Malta, 0-0 vs Andorra (friendly), 0-0 Luxembourg (friendly), 1-1 vs Azerbaijan, 1-1 vs Montenegro and 2-2 vs Lithuania!

hace 1 minuto, Warg92 dijo:

Thank you!

From 2017 to the current year, they have won 2-1 vs Malta, four games vs Gibraltar (two friendlies) 2-0, 2-1, 6-1 and 3-0.  3-0 vs Liechtenstein (friendly), 5-1 vs Faroe islands, 2-0 vs Andorra, and their perhaps best win, 1-0 vs Latvia! And some drawn games, 2-2 vs Kazakhstan, 0-0 vs Malta, 0-0 vs Andorra (friendly), 0-0 Luxembourg (friendly), 1-1 vs Azerbaijan, 1-1 vs Montenegro and 2-2 vs Lithuania!

My Jaw=On the other side of the planet

European Championship Qualifying Playoff Semi Final (That's way too long...)

We faced Cyprus away in the Semi Final, a team that we beat 4-0, and lost 2-0 againt in the Group Stages.

KD8Fjyg.png

And we won the game! It was very close, but Johann Formosa saved almost everything!

For the most important game in Maltese football history, we could face on of these teams:

Ukraine, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Romania, Czech Republic, Belarus, Serbia and Northern Ireland.

The team I wanted was Belarus, as they were the only team that had a worse world ranking than Malta.

Now, who did we get?!

79eAcKL.png

Northern Ireland, here we come!

Going in to this game, N. Ireland was 77th on the world rank, and Malta was 88th!

The starting XI.

CRttuGW.png

Almost, the best possible XI Malta can start with. Glenn Vella, usually starts up top with Nicholas Bartolo, but got an injury the week before...

Result in Spoiler

Spoiler

I tried to upload the highlights to YT, but my computer does not want to...

j2dHjA1.png

F*** me, we did it!

We're actually going to the European Championship!

Northern Irelands absolute best striker got an injury after only 8 minutes, and that may have helped us a bit.

They did not really have a chance, and their first goals was a crap pass from Etienne Micallef that was meant for our GK, but got snapped up.

The other results

tMO31xK.png

And the groups

nlMzj0q.pngc8bBNjl.png

Archived