[FM18] Ta' Xbiex SC - Youth Only Malta

Warg92

Pre Season 2023/2024

Pmi1egm.png

A big jump from last year, no wonder really.

pYrld2A.png

We did not play many friendlies this pre season, because of the Euro Cup games. We played against our three hardest opponents, and lost every game...

The Squad

cFc7Jdj.png

Key Players

CT9hTmc.png

lLlY9Xa.png

35KAHE6.png

gxfGvNv.png

YrK7hZK.png

Another of our players called up to the national team.

And maxed (?) out youth recruitment!

87EShPQ.png

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ta' Xbiex SC in Europe!

So, for the first time ever we are in the Euro Cup, and on our first trip outside of Malta we are going to Iceland, to play Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar. A team that should beat us.

aJGe3wP.png

We did not play good in the first half, and did not have a single shot. The second half was much better, and we got two goals. Two goals that turned out to be very important!

bB6Whpg.png

This is the second game, and this time we did not play a good game, and we were VERY lucky to even get a goal. BUT, that goal saved us, and we were through to the next round!

And it turned out we had to take another trip to Icelaand, this time to play Knattspyrnufélagið Valur, this team actually finished two places behind FH in the league, and proved to be an easier opponent.

XPDCCqd.png

We did not start the game well, but around the 30th minute we started to play, and turned the game around.

wmGbpB1.png

A close game, but we won it in the end, and we were in to the next round.

And there we got... INTER... The absolute worst possible team we could get, and I just imaged us being beaten into pulp...

We played at home the first game

GVbJfjw.png

A least we scored a goal! But, 1-4 is not so bad against Inter.

H2Fy0Bu.png

Just pure luck to not concede more goals in this game to be honest! :D And again, I do not think 0-3 away against Inter is so bad, but my players did not agree.

GnksgbG.png

There were 33892 people at the game, 36 of them was away fans...

And of course with European football, there comes money!

qo0DXl1.png

8RpmHKv.png

EjJZvU9.png

Z3Lutiu.png

And we broke records!

9YHAEmf.png

Naiouup.png

This was against FH, and we broke it again with Inter coming for a visit.

PTxd4LX.png

yabhDc3.png

Other Maltese team in Europe.

Hibernians

A3vXSXZ.png

Valletta

yDvN9Q4.png

Floriana

uY9alrn.png

10 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

That money should go well with the maxed-out youth recruitment :cool:

We really need that money, as the youth training really cost a lot! :p

43 minutes ago, noikeee said:

European football. :thup: This means the guys at UEFA who pick balls from bowls with small pieces of paper inside, get to pronounce "Ta'Xbiex" on live TV. :thup:

"The next team is... Tttt... Tttaaa... This one..."

Mid Season 2023/2024

OfuFMtR.png

P3Ux55L.pngtiZWgL1.png

It has been an okay season so far. Only two losses, and one draw. The 1-2 game against Pietà Hotspurs just had to happen, as we had three of the best players at the club out with injury and suspension. We are only three points behind Hibernians, and I think we can catch them if we continue our form.

Youth Intake 2024

XlJqwkT.png

Not as good as last years years intake, but I doubt we ever will get that again!

This is still a very good intake though, too bad the best players play in the position we have the best cover.

The Three Best

kIPee1U.png

siEnHgh.png

bl9NZa9.png

End of the 2023/2024 Season

iwRbZ1K.png

4RbFiXJ.pnggexaj55.png

Number three yet again, and I have to say I'm happy with it, even though we did not play that well in the second half of the season. And we screwed up on the possibility to get the second place :( We got three more points this year though!

dakkcY5.png

But we won the FA Trophy again! We got the absolute easiest way to the final, and in the final we were matched up against Swieqi United, a team that finished 5th in the 4th tier of Maltese football!

Hibernians beat us three out of three times this year. Four if you count the pre season game!

86yT42Y.png

sK7WVSm.pngijQLcdm.png

Four players in the Overall Best XI!

pTKcC26.png

8PjWHIV.png

2023/2024 Best XI

k1TP4Tu.png

Overall Best XI

vYvkoYg.png

A new record for players called up to the national teams, and the third player we have produced to feature in the senior squad!

Nt1nibd.png

No9rBOw.png

And we turn professional!

2xYb4fV.png

Pre Season 2024/2025

aMDvVvU.png

The odds keep getting better and better :D

zocSxXI.png

It's weird to lose to the U19 team...

The Squad

T4n1OLc.png

Key Players

DG9mVJP.png

NmUcNJk.png

zpH3E41.png

UX0FTuH.png

Now that our youth recruitment and training are at the max levels, we will have to upgrade the rest of our facilities. Starting with the training facilities!

dhrs5dM.png

etEkL0u.png

Ta' Xbiex SC in Europe 2024

For the first draw last year we got FH, a team from Iceland. This year the draw gave us a harder opponent, in Victoria Plzen from Czech Republic.

They have player like Matej Vydra ( former Watford and Derby), Yanga-Mbiva (former Newcastle, Roma and Lyon) and Sebastian Rudy (former Stuttgart, Hoffenheim and Bayen Munchen). So they have some very good players!

O6vixgI.png  GgiTYax.png

But we actually managed to win! A very unfair result to be honest, as they were the better team by far!

Next team up, MFK Ruzomberok from Slovakia, a team that is not as good as Plzen.

w044jV3.png  RmaSsRt.png

And as it turned out, I was right. They did not play as good as Plzen, and we beat them 4-1 on aggregate.

Now then, for the next round we could draw everything from Lincoln (Gibraltar) to Tottenham!

Well, our nest opponent was Boavista, a pretty good team from Portugal.

laeNZC7.png  jyYzoMl.png

In the first game we actually had a very good chance to at least get a draw, but two yellow cards in 3 minutes for Rennie Buttigieg (JR05e), did not do us any good. And in the second game we got trashed...

Other teams from Malta in Europe

Floriana

hIjzGvB.png

Hibernians

FDMskqH.png

Ħamrun Spartans FC

XWrL0u3.png

29 minutes ago, Warg92 said:

Ta' Xbiex SC in Europe 2024

For the first draw last year we got FH, a team from Iceland. This year the draw gave us a harder opponent, in Victoria Plzen from Czech Republic.

They have player like Matej Vydra ( former Watford and Derby), Yanga-Mbiva (former Newcastle, Roma and Lyon) and Sebastian Rudy (former Stuttgart, Hoffenheim and Bayen Munchen). So they have some very good players!

O6vixgI.png  GgiTYax.png

But we actually managed to win! A very unfair result to be honest, as they were the better team by far!

Next team up, MFK Ruzomberok from Slovakia, a team that is not as good as Plzen.

w044jV3.png  RmaSsRt.png

And as it turned out, I was right. They did not play as good as Plzen, and we beat them 4-1 on aggregate.

Now then, for the next round we could draw everything from Lincoln (Gibraltar) to Tottenham!

Well, our nest opponent was Boavista, a pretty good team from Portugal.

laeNZC7.png  jyYzoMl.png

In the first game we actually had a very good chance to at least get a draw, but two yellow cards in 3 minutes for Rennie Buttigieg (JR05e), did not do us any good. And in the second game we got trashed...

Other teams from Malta in Europe

Floriana

hIjzGvB.png

Hibernians

FDMskqH.png

Ħamrun Spartans FC

XWrL0u3.png

Looks like the rest of the maltese teams also start to do something in europe, looks like the league is growing!

On 1.12.2017 at 23:25, Kubson said:

Looks like the rest of the maltese teams also start to do something in europe, looks like the league is growing!

Actually, it is quite the opposite! In the Competition Reputation list, the league has fallen 10 places over the two last seasons!

Mid Season 2024/2025

RIyDRAj.png

H4Mvb4H.pngSBxjcU0.png

It has been a pretty good season so far, with a bunch of big wins. The loss against St. Andrews really pissed me off, we should have won that with no problem, but we conceded 3 goals after the 87th minute!

1XgNRJH.png

This might be a problem... This happened after the Birkirkara game. He has been on fire this season, just take a look at his stats!

XSQLmxv.png

And this is just in the league.

wZ5TVmH.png

A new record for players called up for international duty

On 30/11/2017 at 14:20, Warg92 said:

KocFrKH.png

Does anyone know what this means? I have never seen this before.

In real-life, Melita are amateur and the club statute forbids them ever paying their players. The national association also grants them an exemption from paying players. I therefore set their status in the editor as always amateur, and the game seems to have some issues in representing that. Go figure!

Loving your career :)

5 hours ago, Mons said:

In real-life, Melita are amateur and the club statute forbids them ever paying their players. The national association also grants them an exemption from paying players. I therefore set their status in the editor as always amateur, and the game seems to have some issues in representing that. Go figure!

Loving your career :)

Ahh, ok. Thank you for the explanation!

4 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Just read from start.  Loving it.  :thup:

I must say, I do enjoy your saves.

Thank you very much!

Youth Intake 2025

RbK1qnf.png

Wow... I really, really like the look of Stephen Axisa (JR08a)! And of course the other players as well, but he looks very good! Other than that, all the players with 5* PA has good determination!

The Three Best

YEkTYwq.png

ThRAoWZ.png

6rZfXsV.png

57 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Axisa looks immense!

He got MotM in his first game as well!

51 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

How is he only rated 4* he looks far better than the rest of your team.

Way too good for us to be honest :p

uMzdHXv.png

27th of March 2025, the day our youth players really made an impact on the national team!

mXjw9Ak.png

This is the current squad of the national team, and as you can see, there are 6 players that has come from our club!

Glenn Vella, Jurgen Muscat, Darren magro, Rennie Buttiegieg and Warren Azzopardi all started in the World Cup Qualifying game against The Czech Republic. A game Malta only lost 0-1.

End of the 2024/2025 Season

JVSL4xb.png

gxLevO1.pngoD35NrP.png

So close, yet so far! 1 point behind Hibernians after our fantastic form the second half of the season. We just have to start to beat Hibernians, and we will win the league!

hE0jqO8.png

But we won the cup yet again! Third time in a row now! I would like to beat Hibernians in the league, and let them win the Cup to be honest.

54UKPps.png

Glenn Vella has been insane to be honest. 35 goals in 25 games!

RudRVsZ.pngWPlQUaM.png

Best XI 2024/2025

guumt36.png

Best Overall XI

QqaAmWW.png

PUoAToE.png

We jumped 53 places, but take a look at Floriana! This is very good for the Maltese football.

j4m85AS.png

And we broke this record again

Ta' Xbiex in Europe 2025

First up this year, Rangers!

J874fvg.png6xJzy8r.png

At home in the first game, and it was a win. A game we were the best team, even though they had the ball most of the time. In the second game, we were very lucky, and Jurgen Muscat (JR06a) had the game of his life, with a 8.2 rating! The player that scored the only goal in the second game is actually from Malta, and is the player on the national team that is worth the most!

Next up, Inter Baki, or Inter Peşäkar Idman Klubu as it is really called. A club from Azerbaijan, and a team that we should beat.

ZMzoIP2.pngxxqUQNc.png

It was not as easy as I wanted it to be, and both teams missed a lot of really good opportunities. But we won the second game 3-0, and we were in the next round!

There we got Vorskla Poltava, a team from Ukraine. This team places in the middle of Rangers and Inter Baki in terms of quality.

krIRZ03.pngWGAprx6.png

We won the first game 4-0! And take a look at those stats. We did not play well at all, and had a TON of luck! Only four shots on goal, and scored every time! In the second game I did not use all of the first team player, but we still managed a draw.

And for the final two games to get in to the Europa League group stages we got, HNK Rijeka, a team from Croatia. A good team.

9817vjC.pngBuaN1oT.png

And this is how close we got! All in all, the better team won. But Glenn Vella (JR06c) missed a penalty in the 90+1 minute in the first game, and that could have made a massive difference!

stIdKLM.png

Other Teams From Malta In Europe

Hibernians

za65Q27.png

Floriana

vsf4XPw.png

Birkirkara

3jEtNMH.png

Mid Season 2025/2026

kaDgaco.png

Dn86a16.pngrfV2Scc.png

Maaaan... F*ck Hibernians! The first season I really thought we could win the league, and then they become even better! We won the supercup againt them though, but they did not use their best players.

And this is what happened in the league against them

blDlPri.png

I got angry...

10 hours ago, Warg92 said:

Dn86a16.pngrfV2Scc.png

Maaaan... F*ck Hibernians! The first season I really thought we could win the league, and then they become even better! We won the supercup againt them though, but they did not use their best players.

And this is what happened in the league against them

blDlPri.png

I got angry...

That's just... that's.... I mean, that's FM all the way there. You get better, they get better. And it's not even subtle anymore.

13 hours ago, Timetxu said:

That's just... that's.... I mean, that's FM all the way there. You get better, they get better. And it's not even subtle anymore.

It is a bit annoying.

13 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

I've noticed a lot of late goals in this edition of FM

Yeah, it has happened a lot to me this year. Not only conceding, but scoring as well.

Youth Intake 2026

vGiCVs5.png

Not as good as last years intake of course, but still a pretty good one. Too bad I have to retrain all the good players to other positions. One thing to notice though, not only do we get one player with another nationality, but three of them!

The Three Best

G47vzfk.png

7 strength is not so bad with that height :p

A5KA5BT.png

sEQGpAW.png

20 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Always love some second nationalities

I love it as well!

19 hours ago, Conndre3000 said:

15 free kicks on Marong at 14 years old! Could end up with 19 or 20.

Let us hope he grows that much! :)

End of the 2025/2026 Season

fdXqM0x.png

i6WL1BB.pngY7v3A65.png

....... Damnit Hibernians... Why must you ruin it for me?! Only two lost games all season, and it was those bastards...  70 points would have been enough to win the league every year from the start of the save, except for this season.

xaa4NT7.png

But again, we win the FA Trophy. I don't want to win this, I want the league!

aMx8N4R.png

mKGstCF.pngvfY3nMG.png

Best XI 2025/2026

STA9PwL.png

Best Overall XI

Ol0NB1J.png

We really need to win the league, and get the money from the CL, because this happened

EATi2zd.png

Very, very bad news!

6 hours ago, Warg92 said:

fdXqM0x.png

i6WL1BB.pngY7v3A65.png

....... Damnit Hibernians... Why must you ruin it for me?! Only two lost games all season, and it was those bastards...  70 points would have been enough to win the league every year from the start of the save, except for this season.

xaa4NT7.png

aMx8N4R.png

mKGstCF.pngvfY3nMG.png

Best XI 2025/2026

STA9PwL.png

Best Overall XI

Ol0NB1J.png

We really need to win the league, and get the money from the CL, because this happened

EATi2zd.png

Very, very bad news!

I found your jump from amateur to fully professional weird, no way you already had 3 million euros saved up, it's not the complete end of the world since you can still sign your players to contracts.

7 hours ago, Warg92 said:

fdXqM0x.png

i6WL1BB.pngY7v3A65.png

xaa4NT7.png

aMx8N4R.png

mKGstCF.pngvfY3nMG.png

Best XI 2025/2026

STA9PwL.png

Best Overall XI

Ol0NB1J.png

EATi2zd.png

Very, very bad news!

Wow never seen that happen to a user team. I'm sure you'll be back to pro in no time!

Hmmm.. I'm getting worried for my own save now. We weren't anywhere close to turning professional financially, but we did anyway (probably because we promoted to the only professional league). I'm afraid my board will pull something like this on me in the future... 

5 hours ago, l4nd3r said:

I found your jump from amateur to fully professional weird, no way you already had 3 million euros saved up, it's not the complete end of the world since you can still sign your players to contracts.

Actually, all teams in Malta start as Semi-Pro, so we did not jump over from amateur to pro :)

4 hours ago, Conndre3000 said:

Wow never seen that happen to a user team. I'm sure you'll be back to pro in no time!

First time I've seen it as well!

31 minutes ago, Timetxu said:

Hmmm.. I'm getting worried for my own save now. We weren't anywhere close to turning professional financially, but we did anyway (probably because we promoted to the only professional league). I'm afraid my board will pull something like this on me in the future... 

I was a bit worried when they wanted us to turn pro, but I thought I could get the money from the Europa League. Turns out it was not enough!

Pre Season 2026/2027

2kiq5NC.png

I have no idea how we are at the top to be honest, Hibernians had their best season ever last year, and have brought in players to make them even better.

tQxoJyx.png

We won against the two best teams we played against, so I'm happy.

The Squad

NHR9oiO.png

Key Players

PNG5wYl.png

Seriously, look at this guy!

epgED3N.png

VB4U612.png

Kenneth Zammit lost 7 months to a leg break, and is not back yet. But he is so important on the right side.

psAZPlT.png

Ta' Xbiex in Europe 2026

First up, FK Sarajevo, from Bosnia & Herzegovina. Perhaps the "easiest" team so far for us.

MK19RON.pngcViW44y.png

And it shows in the result really. We had no problems with them.Marong (JR09a) got his first start in the second game, and scored a goal.

The next team we had play was Rennes, and I think this was the worst team we could get at this time...

ZxuABtb.pngA61oyw9.png

But we won the first game! It was an amazing result, and perhaps our best win ever! But we lost the second game. Only 0-1, but still enough to see us out of the EL. And it was deserved as well, we could have lost 0-8!

Just to show you what we had to deal with in the Rennes games

QpNDdZP.png

Other Teams From Malta In Europe

Hibernians

rjQKfXB.png

Birkirkara

4AWAkPz.png

Floriana

9vwZX8j.png

Mid Season 2026/2027

NPiT2BV.png

1vLbSEt.png5Eii8Ue.png

Almost perfect! Hibernians have had a sh*t start to the season! We even beat them 4-0! If we can keep this up we will win the league!

CtunAYm.png

9 players called up to the senior national team! But I don't know what the manager is thinking about, leaving Stephen Axisa out of the team!

uPPEJcj.png

Archived