[Suggestion] Asking Fellow Managers For Recommendations

Rsap001

I would like to pre-empt this by saying I think the new scouting system is a great step forward for the game.

As an addition, I would like the option to interact with fellow managers when in immediate need of a loan signing. For example I am currently managing in the National League South and recently needed a striker at short notice. I would have liked the option to contact a specific club and ask if they had any strikers which they would be willing to let out on loan. Maybe if I went to a big club I would speak with a PA who would get back to me via my inbox, whereas if I went to a League Two club the manager himself might suggest a player he is looking to loan out during the conversation. The important part of this feature would be that the suggestion would come with some kind of endorsement for the player such as ‘I think Player X is capable of performing at National League South level’, rather than me using limited scouting resources to get an idea of the player’s ability. This would also circumvent the time taken for a scout to build up knowledge on a player, but would instead represent a gamble as the players attributes would be masked.

The next step for me would be the impact a good/bad recommendation has on the relationship between two managers. If I get a good player I would be willing to take that managers recommendation in future whereas a bad one would make me not trust his opinion/suggestion.

Quite often (in reality) I hear managers in lower divisions say they’ve been on the phone all week trying to get someone in, so my understanding is that this feature would probably be quite realistic.

Would be interested to hear the thoughts of anyone who has been playing as a lower league club on FM18.

A good idea. FM should take some notes from Motorsport Manager in terms of being "proper" - acknowledge that managers communicate between eachother and not every transfer or loan comes from the tedious scouting, that sometimes keeping a good relationship with the managers of other teams may result in situations like these. Also, that should be a good addition to a pretty lackluster "Liked / Disliked by" managers tab. Like, if you're a friend of a manager of one of the biggest clubs in your region you should have the option to ask him if he could help you out.

This is a brilliant idea and I can provide a real life example.

When Portsmouth were leading the Championship back in 2002/03, Harry Redknapp spoke to Alex Ferguson about recommended players and Alex pointed him towards Yakubu who he faced in the Champions League.

• 1 year later...

Archived