Sports Interactive Community
Kurt Hoo

Terminate FM18: Handbook on Pep Guardiola's Barcelona 433 and the Tactic Pack

Hi Kurt

What changes would you suggest for a National League team to make the tactics work? I'm trying but having hard time

15 小時前, campos08說:

Hi Kurt

What changes would you suggest for a National League team to make the tactics work? I'm trying but having hard time

i have no idea sorry, in theory in lower divisions tactics should be more direct. long balls, headers, paces, you know.

15 小時前, Valadar說:

my team have a lot of possession but they don´t score goals with this tactic, any idea how to change it? thanks

i think high offball is neccessary for f9 if cm to score and wb to assist.

On 17/02/2018 at 06:54, Kurt Hoo said:

i have no idea sorry, in theory in lower divisions tactics should be more direct. long balls, headers, paces, you know.

Ok thank you

This is such a fun tactic, high possession but you also score goals and dominate matches. But its not as boring as the 3-4-3 game breaking tactics out. Very well done, Sir!

I only have one question so far: Whenever my team score a lot of goals early on in the match, the opposition usually tends to grab one, two or even three goals back later on in the second half. What should I do about that? Should I go back to the counter version when im 3-0, 4-0 up? Or should I go for the overload or balanced? 

22 小时前, Mutumba说:

This is such a fun tactic, high possession but you also score goals and dominate matches. But its not as boring as the 3-4-3 game breaking tactics out. Very well done, Sir!

I only have one question so far: Whenever my team score a lot of goals early on in the match, the opposition usually tends to grab one, two or even three goals back later on in the second half. What should I do about that? Should I go back to the counter version when im 3-0, 4-0 up? Or should I go for the overload or balanced? 

do you ask your players to focus attention when u score a lot? besides, if the opposition increase mentality to score (higher dline, higher press, you cant turn around any more, you know), ud better choose the lower mentality tactic then.

Edited by Kurt Hoo

17 hours ago, Kurt Hoo said:

do you ask your players to focus attention when u score a lot? besides, if the opposition increase mentality to score (higher dline, higher press, you cant turn around any more, you know), ud better choose the lower mentality tactic then.

i think you can upgrade your tactic.

This article will cover the tactical analysis of Bayern Munich’s 2015/2016 season.

https://thetacticalanalyst.wordpress.com/2016/06/06/bayern-munich-a-mega-analysis/

RW/LW (or IF),won't move when they are still in defend third to midfield third.

RW/LW (or IF) not allow to move,just stay there do not thing.

let midfield to the job.

1.jpg?w=473&h=369 

midfield move to one side to create side-overload.

9.jpg?w=740

if blue cover the one side,then RED RW is free.

52.jpg?w=465&h=363

Edited by kpsia518

1 小时前, larxus说:

Hi, how are you able to see the roles of opp players by the way?

what roles? SS or advanced playmaker? SS' position is higher and closer to the forward, he moves into the box frequently and doesnt track back so deep to defend.

Another question: when im facing a opposition with wingers or L/R midfielders, i am suppose to tick "never closing down" on their fastest player. This seems a bit odd to me. Wouldnt you want to ALWAYS close someone down who is really quick? 

It seems like when ive tried this, these players tend to score.

一小时前, Mutumba说:

Another question: when im facing a opposition with wingers or L/R midfielders, i am suppose to tick "never closing down" on their fastest player. This seems a bit odd to me. Wouldnt you want to ALWAYS close someone down who is really quick? 

It seems like when ive tried this, these players tend to score.

search guidetofootballmanager in google and check the Opposition Instruction part. i dont close down Wolcott style sideplayer(much faster but low creativity and pass) in OI(not player instruction), but i watch the match before i make decision when facing other style sideplayer most of time. 

Still works great for me on 18.3, but I do shut games down now to save energy with my own waste time tactic.

If anyone wants to use it  http://www.mediafire.com/file/ls5jst7sriracj9/WASTE_TIME_19.fmf 

Wide players take short corners so make sure you have a player over with him and for some reason the wide men swap wings on throw ins, so put them on their right side and striker on near post. As per normal if playing vs 2 strikers use a half back.

Cant for my life figure out how to protect my a lead. Really frustrating as this happens too often. Ive never used the "jekyll and dr Hyde"-talk at the end of so many games as with this tactic.

45 minutes ago, Mutumba said:

Cant for my life figure out how to protect my a lead. Really frustrating as this happens too often. Ive never used the "jekyll and dr Hyde"-talk at the end of so many games as with this tactic.

If u start with control mentality and 3 - 0 up, go down to balanced. If u on balanced, I keep it whole game as don't really feel the counter one is working for me. Last 10-15 minutes go to time waste tactic if you have one. I use concentrate shout too

Okay, so im currently half way through the first season with Bournemouth. I gotta say, by and large its quite successful. Im currently sitting in 7th in the Premiership after 24 games played, havin won 12, drawn 4 and lost 8. Considering that its Bournemouth, I'd say thats quite good. Not amazing, but good. Really good even, perhaps.

A real strong point of this tactic is the number of goals Ive scored. Ive scored 56 goals, which is currently the most in the league. The goals are divided among several different players.

The BIG downside im experiencing is the number of goals conceded. In that regard im currently sitting in the bottom 5, havin conceded 42 goals. Major problem. And as ive mentioned earlier, this is mainly due to the fact that my players seems to stop playing when going on a early lead. This has never happened to me as frequent as with this tactic, so I doubt that its my team talk that is he cause here. Maybe I dont fully understand how to chose among the tactics, that might be so. But if I could close down matches, I reckon Id be in the top 5  by now and concede a hell of a lot less goals.

Since this is a possession based tactic, there are some good stats and some less good ones.

When it comes to possession, im 6th in the league with 52,83%. Not too shabby considering Im Bmouth. Keeping in mind that I wont be able to play a heavy possession based style away from home as often as the big clubs can. So this is quite good, not amazing but quite good. Again, this might be an effect of my poor understanding of the tactics but... thats the way it is. I was expecting a bit higher % though, and in some matches I am reaching 60+ which is nice.

Pass completion rato is however a bit of a disapointment. Im 8th in the league at 79%, which is a tad too low for a possession style tactic. However, Im well aware that im playing as Bmouth but they do have a lot of really skilled passers, especially in defence. 

Number of passes completed im sitting in 5th in the league with 11720 passes. A month or two ago I remember sitting at second, so something deffo changed there. Might be a bad run of results. Arsenal is at the top with 12863, Spurs second with 12501, Chelsea third with 11958 and Leicester just above us at fourth with 11901. 

I have created the most chances in the league though, at 130 with Liverpool coming in at second with 123. So this is really excellent.

Another nice stat is that im a very friendly team to play against, only commiting 252 fouls which is second least in the league.

To summarize:

Fun tactic, makes you feel like a proper manager if you - like me- tend to be used to plug and play. The balance between chances created and the possession style is really, really good. The problem ive excperienced earlier in FM with posession based tactics is that they tend to get you excellent possesion% but you rarely score any goals but that is not an issue here. So there is this balance between keeping the ball in your possession, and taking risk passes in order to create chances (which might risk losing your possession) which I find that this tactic excellently handles, better than any possession based tactic ive used.

I will go on and try this with a big club, perhaps Barcelona, just for comparison.

Edited by Mutumba

10 小时前, Mutumba说:

Okay, so im currently half way through the first season with Bournemouth. I gotta say, by and large its quite successful. Im currently sitting in 7th in the Premiership after 24 games played, havin won 12, drawn 4 and lost 8. Considering that its Bournemouth, I'd say thats quite good. Not amazing, but good. Really good even, perhaps.

A real strong point of this tactic is the number of goals Ive scored. Ive scored 56 goals, which is currently the most in the league. The goals are divided among several different players.

The BIG downside im experiencing is the number of goals conceded. In that regard im currently sitting in the bottom 5, havin conceded 42 goals. Major problem. And as ive mentioned earlier, this is mainly due to the fact that my players seems to stop playing when going on a early lead. This has never happened to me as frequent as with this tactic, so I doubt that its my team talk that is he cause here. Maybe I dont fully understand how to chose among the tactics, that might be so. But if I could close down matches, I reckon Id be in the top 5  by now and concede a hell of a lot less goals.

Since this is a possession based tactic, there are some good stats and some less good ones.

When it comes to possession, im 6th in the league with 52,83%. Not too shabby considering Im Bmouth. Keeping in mind that I wont be able to play a heavy possession based style away from home as often as the big clubs can. So this is quite good, not amazing but quite good. Again, this might be an effect of my poor understanding of the tactics but... thats the way it is. I was expecting a bit higher % though, and in some matches I am reaching 60+ which is nice.

Pass completion rato is however a bit of a disapointment. Im 8th in the league at 79%, which is a tad too low for a possession style tactic. However, Im well aware that im playing as Bmouth but they do have a lot of really skilled passers, especially in defence. 

Number of passes completed im sitting in 5th in the league with 11720 passes. A month or two ago I remember sitting at second, so something deffo changed there. Might be a bad run of results. Arsenal is at the top with 12863, Spurs second with 12501, Chelsea third with 11958 and Leicester just above us at fourth with 11901. 

I have created the most chances in the league though, at 130 with Liverpool coming in at second with 123. So this is really excellent.

Another nice stat is that im a very friendly team to play against, only commiting 252 fouls which is second least in the league.

To summarize:

Fun tactic, makes you feel like a proper manager if you - like me- tend to be used to plug and play. The balance between chances created and the possession style is really, really good. The problem ive excperienced earlier in FM with posession based tactics is that they tend to get you excellent possesion% but you rarely score any goals but that is not an issue here. So there is this balance between keeping the ball in your possession, and taking risk passes in order to create chances (which might risk losing your possession) which I find that this tactic excellently handles, better than any possession based tactic ive used.

I will go on and try this with a big club, perhaps Barcelona, just for comparison.

i will check the counter version to decide if i should improve it if i have time. im troubled by the low pass ratio too and not sure wheather its caused by pass into space. by the way, if you use barcelona, watch out suarezs PPM.

11 hours ago, Kurt Hoo said:

Hello. How to deal with formation 1-4-3-2-1(3xCM,2xAM). I remember your threat from previous version(FM 2017) on FM-Base. There are few formations U didn't mention on this threat. Are they actually??

this is the link to threat from FM 2017: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-17-tactics/362082-terminate-fm2017-pep-guardiolas-barcelona-tiki-taka433-how-2-win-all-matches.html 

I sure this tactics doesn't work for Lower Leagues Clubs. This system needs very good skills from players.

Edited by Bibaszczenko

在 2018/3/17 在 AM1点52分, Bibaszczenko说:

im not sure, try to not press and mark the 3CM, make your CMa press much less and push up your WB and make them press sometimes. good luck...

Edited by Kurt Hoo

Horrible. Football being played is awful, the striker does absolutely nothing, the defense is pure amateurism. Julian Brandt as a a left INF is brutal, Bailey as well on the right. But they're great players.

Has 18.3.2 affected this tactic Kurt? Just completely stopped working since my laptop updated.

2 小时前, mcgaffer说:

Has 18.3.2 affected this tactic Kurt? Just completely stopped working since my laptop updated.

it still works great in my save, but i think the mentality among the matches should be set more carefully. once i chose overload in every game,but now it doesnt work. besides, the tweak to width and defensive line on uncommon size pitch should be considered carefully too.

Its mainly how the team attacks that's the problem, the players who attack are vastly under-performing. There's a new tactic on this forum, which is exactly the same as yours but with a regista, 1 BPD and the width is Max Wide, with whipped crosses and Its only control and attacking wonderfully. Although I'd prefer yours as I understand what to do perfectly. 

28 分钟前, mcgaffer说:

Its mainly how the team attacks that's the problem, the players who attack are vastly under-performing. There's a new tactic on this forum, which is exactly the same as yours but with a regista, 1 BPD and the width is Max Wide, with whipped crosses and Its only control and attacking wonderfully. Although I'd prefer yours as I understand what to do perfectly. 

i have no idea now, may we can wait others feedback

35 minutes ago, Kurt Hoo said:

i have no idea now, may we can wait others feedback

Just been an another update 18.3.3, Im fed up with this now

Lads from expeience if your save is on an older patch it should still work.

Save games ddon't have all the fixes a new game has.

I'v been playing again and playing away with balanced/control its working a treat and like it was before. I think at home, I'm going to start using control instead of attack again. 

How is anyone else experiencing the game right now?

Having a nightmare with this now. Have loved it for ages but now hardly ever score and concede LOTS!

Any ideas on an update or is it just me? 

6 小时前, mattowls说:

Having a nightmare with this now. Have loved it for ages but now hardly ever score and concede LOTS!

Any ideas on an update or is it just me? 

well, i think the mentality should be chosen more carefully now, and dont forget tweak among the matchs coz the opponents may change mentality and formation  if they fall behind in scores. 

On 31/03/2018 at 06:07, Kurt Hoo said:

well, i think the mentality should be chosen more carefully now, and dont forget tweak among the matchs coz the opponents may change mentality and formation  if they fall behind in scores. 

It happens every year now, 16.3 and 17.3 did the same. I had been using wonderful 433 Tactics in those then the M.E. changed and made tactics like these impossible to get working again. I feel like they did something to boost full backs to counter the 3 ST Tactics and it's had a knock on effect. I'm currently using a 442 plug and play and deep WM'S are the business.

With the tactic i'm currently using I rarely need to change between mentalities, its just balanced and attack. I know you are very proud of your tactic and you should be and It will probably be the first i use on FM19 but for 18.3 it needs a re-think. 

7 小时前, mcgaffer说:

It happens every year now, 16.3 and 17.3 did the same. I had been using wonderful 433 Tactics in those then the M.E. changed and made tactics like these impossible to get working again. I feel like they did something to boost full backs to counter the 3 ST Tactics and it's had a knock on effect. I'm currently using a 442 plug and play and deep WM'S are the business.

With the tactic i'm currently using I rarely need to change between mentalities, its just balanced and attack. I know you are very proud of your tactic and you should be and It will probably be the first i use on FM19 but for 18.3 it needs a re-think. 

ok just enjoy the game:D

在 2018/5/14 在 AM3点38分, Abdiel_rivera10说:

Any updates or changes to the tactics?? Really want to use them but idk if I should

i dont make CM&AP tackle harder anymore, and  set-pieces can be optimised further. i think you can have a try coz the tactic frame is nearly perfect.

7 hours ago, Kurt Hoo said:

i dont make CM&AP tackle harder anymore, and  set-pieces can be optimised further. i think you can have a try coz the tactic frame is nearly perfect. 

Any other changes? Could you update the tactics download on the first post if more changes were made? Either way, thanks for sharing, love me some proper 4-3-3 :)

14 小时前, Elari说:

Any other changes? Could you update the tactics download on the first post if more changes were made? Either way, thanks for sharing, love me some proper 4-3-3 :)

just make CM&AP dont tackle harder anymore and  optimise set-pieces .

On 18/05/2018 at 11:27, Kurt Hoo said:

just make CM&AP dont tackle harder anymore and  optimise set-pieces .

Alright, cheers! The tactic is working pretty well for me, you have my thanks :)

So I decided to try this out. Two huge games for my 2019-20 Everton squad. Loaded in all 5 tactics, to play Athletico in Champions League and United in Premier League both away. I had already been playing a 4-3-3 or a 5-2-3 with the DM dropped back to Libero, so it wasn’t too tough to switch, as I had the appropriate players already.

I could have won the Group early (4th game) with a win, as I beat Athletico 2-1 at home earlier. It was a bit of a struggle in the beginning, but finally found the right combination, and held a 1-1 draw in stoppage time after falling behind 1-0 first half. Gave up a goal at 92:56 with 3 minutes of stoppage time. Ouch. But we played really well.

On to United. Again took a little figuring out which mentality. I started balanced, upped it to control which was a huge mistake. But got through unscathed, 0-0 at the half, despite being outshot 10-3. I was rotation some players up front too.

Second half, Dolberg and Sando replace two teenagers at F9 and IFR and I go back to balance, made a world of difference. We dominated the first 20 minutes. Then they dominated for 10, before we broke through and scored 80’ on a great chance with the IFL scoring on a point-blank shot.

To close it out this time, I kicked the WBa’s to WBs. I took CMa to CMs. APs went to DLPd. Also ticked on retain possession. It worked much better. Closed out the 1-0 win. I am very happen to have picked up 3 points from these two games, even with a bad beat at the end of the first game.

A few take aways based on some of the comments here.

You will give up the occasional ball over the top. That’s why you MUST HAVE FAST CBs. Cannot say that enough. Vitally important.

The players are important too. I used basically the same tactic for the first 20 minutes of the United game and from 45’-80’. Having two stars up front instead of two teenagers, helped.

Closing out games - dial it back a little. You don’t need WBa while trying to close a game out. Tell your players to concentrate too. Martial kept flying down the left wing the last 25 minutes of the United game. So around 85’ I dialed it back one more notch, WBR moved to a defend duty.

You don’t have to be religious with the instructions given, especially when closing games out. Pay attention to who is threatening you and figure out how to stop them.

Based on these first two games, I think this definitely still works on 18.3.3. I cannot imagine my own tactic would have done as well as I did using this.

For Kurt Hoo. Thanks! This is fun to play with.

Is it possible to dial back team instructions some? Do any of these conflict? Could they be eliminated with some different roles? I get that it works and you’ve tested the heck out of it, but wow there’s a lot of team instructions! If it could somehow be made simpler, it would be easier for you to adjust on the fly in a game. Right now I’m afraid to tinker with anything other than the closing out of a game, because who knows what the ripple effects from even a minor change would be with all of those instructions!

Any thoughts on what would happen to this if I dropped the DM to a Libero and made the APs a DLP? Just curious as to what else you think would need to be adjusted to make that work.

Again, thanks for creating this, it seems fun so far.

Edited by Joey Numbaz

Another thing ... one way to see how these work is to look at your youth teams.

If you have a good youth system, that is relatively better than your senior team for it's competition, and they aren't giving up goals over the top or blowing late leads ... then it's probably your players that are the problem.

My youth teams have been destroying it this virtual week with this tactic. Setting them on control and just letting it autoplay.

Everton U23s 2, Juventus U20s 0; outshot them 22-2, 7 chances to 0. Juventus gets to play older players too in this one, they just don't have a U23 team in the Premier League International Cup.

Everton U23s 2, Rochdale senior squad 2; outshot them 16-7, 5 chances to 2.

Everton U18s 2, Manchester City U18s 1; outshot them 13-11, but they out chanced us 7-1. Kind of kicked our butts, but they are really good, and I had to play a very weak lineup against them due to many internationals being gone. I was shocked we won actually, Everton and City are 1-2 in the U18 Youth League North right now.

Did not give up a second half goal in any of those games. And my kids have not been practicing these for long either obviously.

Someone mentioned not having ball playing defenders, but in FM18, aren't they just trying for long passes? I think what you want is the PPM "Brings ball out of defense" and having good passing CBs with some vision, decisions, etc. But not sure I'd want to use the BPD role itself. And of course they have to be fast as heck. Two of the three fastest players on my team (all 16 speed) are center-backs. They are as fast as my promising young winger Henry Onyekuru (although he has 17 ACC and they have 16/14). My third CB has 15 pace. They also have 14, 14, 16 positioning. And I feel the 14s are merely adequate not great.

I mean I can find an all world 18 year old CB. If he has 9 pace or something, I won't even consider him. Even if he's got 16 jumping and heading and strength. Play a high line like this and you must have fast CBs.

Merseyside Derby at home. Liverpool, who is good, tied for 2nd 11 games into the season (we are 1st, 26-23 points going into this game), and we are dominating. Draxler got a red card for them at 68' after being very frustrated down 2-0, but we were outshooting them 13-4, 6 chances to 1 (3-1 CCC) at the time. Control tactic vs. their counter 4-2-3-1 (AMR/AML)

It's early, but this works. 18.3.3 is not the problem.

That and the U18s beat Leicester U18s 4-0 outshooting them 22-2, 7 chances to 1.

The U23s played Southampton U23s and not using any senior team players won 1-0, outshooting them 15-2, 3 chances to 1. Only 4 shots on target though, so that may be an issue. They also played a wide 4-3-3 with a  DM.

I've finally got some games against not great teams coming up. Genk in the Champions League, then Crystal Palace and Middlesbrough in the EPL. So that should give me a chance to see how this does against teams that won't give the kind of space good teams like Athletico, United and Liverpool do. Athletico has the tiebreaker by 3 goals right now in the group (we each won 2-1 at home head-to-head), and we both play Genk and Bayern. So I need to run up the score on Genk if at all possible and that's what I am going to try to do, even though I am away and only beat their 4-2-3-1 (wide) 2-1 on an 88' goal the first time, using my 3-4-3 Libero formation.

Edited by Joey Numbaz

在 2018/6/15 在 AM1点55分, Joey Numbaz说:

So I decided to try this out. Two huge games for my 2019-20 Everton squad. Loaded in all 5 tactics, to play Athletico in Champions League and United in Premier League both away. I had already been playing a 4-3-3 or a 5-2-3 with the DM dropped back to Libero, so it wasn’t too tough to switch, as I had the appropriate players already.

I could have won the Group early (4th game) with a win, as I beat Athletico 2-1 at home earlier. It was a bit of a struggle in the beginning, but finally found the right combination, and held a 1-1 draw in stoppage time after falling behind 1-0 first half. Gave up a goal at 92:56 with 3 minutes of stoppage time. Ouch. But we played really well.

On to United. Again took a little figuring out which mentality. I started balanced, upped it to control which was a huge mistake. But got through unscathed, 0-0 at the half, despite being outshot 10-3. I was rotation some players up front too.

Second half, Dolberg and Sando replace two teenagers at F9 and IFR and I go back to balance, made a world of difference. We dominated the first 20 minutes. Then they dominated for 10, before we broke through and scored 80’ on a great chance with the IFL scoring on a point-blank shot.

To close it out this time, I kicked the WBa’s to WBs. I took CMa to CMs. APs went to DLPd. Also ticked on retain possession. It worked much better. Closed out the 1-0 win. I am very happen to have picked up 3 points from these two games, even with a bad beat at the end of the first game.

A few take aways based on some of the comments here.

You will give up the occasional ball over the top. That’s why you MUST HAVE FAST CBs. Cannot say that enough. Vitally important.

The players are important too. I used basically the same tactic for the first 20 minutes of the United game and from 45’-80’. Having two stars up front instead of two teenagers, helped.

Closing out games - dial it back a little. You don’t need WBa while trying to close a game out. Tell your players to concentrate too. Martial kept flying down the left wing the last 25 minutes of the United game. So around 85’ I dialed it back one more notch, WBR moved to a defend duty.

You don’t have to be religious with the instructions given, especially when closing games out. Pay attention to who is threatening you and figure out how to stop them.

Based on these first two games, I think this definitely still works on 18.3.3. I cannot imagine my own tactic would have done as well as I did using this.

For Kurt Hoo. Thanks! This is fun to play with.

Is it possible to dial back team instructions some? Do any of these conflict? Could they be eliminated with some different roles? I get that it works and you’ve tested the heck out of it, but wow there’s a lot of team instructions! If it could somehow be made simpler, it would be easier for you to adjust on the fly in a game. Right now I’m afraid to tinker with anything other than the closing out of a game, because who knows what the ripple effects from even a minor change would be with all of those instructions!

Any thoughts on what would happen to this if I dropped the DM to a Libero and made the APs a DLP? Just curious as to what else you think would need to be adjusted to make that work.

Again, thanks for creating this, it seems fun so far.

teamshape determines how may so called specific roles like Libero you can have on the pitch, you can imagine there're not so many specific roles in Michels's Total Football. why do u prefer Libero... DLP stays too deeper than AP, its not good according to my experience in FM2013.

the changes for team instructions are not complex if you know some real football. you pass shorter&slower if you play possession game, but you pass directly and fast when you want to defence or counter, you have to do something to keep a good width too. dispite that, you can choose a mixed CROSS style in team instructions.

I prefer a Libero purely because I think it would be fun to make it work! It's purely a romantic fun thing to try to make it work.

I'm not worried about the changes ... I meant the overall tactic has a lot of team instructions. 9-12 team instructions is a lot!

One more question though. When you say 'don't press and mark the CD' ... do you mean never close down and always tight mark? Or do you mean never close down never tight mark?

Edited by Joey Numbaz

在 2018/6/19 在 AM9点59分, Joey Numbaz说:

I prefer a Libero purely because I think it would be fun to make it work! It's purely a romantic fun thing to try to make it work.

I'm not worried about the changes ... I meant the overall tactic has a lot of team instructions. 9-12 team instructions is a lot!

One more question though. When you say 'don't press and mark the CD' ... do you mean never close down and always tight mark? Or do you mean never close down never tight mark?

never close down& never marking. 1CF VS 3CB, you have to choose when you defend.

On 23.11.2017 at 15:40, Kurt Hoo said:

update 1.28.2018: little tweak to CMa& setpieces.

update 1.20.2018: drag back Wingbacks to normal piosition and limit the pass range of CMa.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, here comes the Pep Guardiola's Barcelona 433 tactic pack which can be used in any update coz i never take advantage of the game engine.
I have used Atletico Madrid (original players& average bonus) to test and the results are perfect:
Fixture:

1.thumb.png.27d7806c6c3c06f130213354271a9afd.png

2.thumb.png.f750f104db3336f02f4fd1e53e565ae2.png

3.thumb.png.5f47adfe1dfdb6ff4f6ea1d14ab5ea6c.png

4.thumb.png.2f08ea9afc4c99721c4e3f8d5d391e85.png

5.thumb.png.03879aba66c380e4d26d01984f38c45e.png

League:

2.thumb.jpg.79f2834d6cd006d82a02ac1e0a223937.jpg

5.thumb.png.7614e9710924b7050c42145596afc6df.png

5a191b2e67458_QQ20171125152406.thumb.png.435d49147fd472e63d46e88a6f9ad5bd.png

Champions league:

12.thumb.png.3ea9d3394a01922a72d7aa3cc326d7ad.png

5a191b5293505_QQ20171125152543.thumb.png.1bf2d093f97b81b68e6106e58c643e62.png
Players's stats& awards:

1.thumb.png.237149e910c2a0c6612458fbc72dc9ef.png

2.thumb.png.ee84cf45785cc018b475a9c93f3c7905.png

3.thumb.png.55dd3cb8493c8ded269d001389f8b460.png

Now let's go to the tactic part:
1,Staff
Hire enough amount& quality medical staffs to advoid the injuries;
Improve your training facilities and hire high star-rating tactic coach to speed up your tactic familiarity.

2,Formation

5a63329698c0c_QQ20180120194713.thumb.png.0a862d1d0438c202cb080763abedee26.png

3,Mentality
Mentality is the most important thing in my tactic pack, you probably cannot get a result you want if you choose a wrong mentality.

In my tactic pack, there're 5 mentalities to be choosed: Standard, Counter, Control, Attacking, Overload.
So how to choose a proper mentality:
Watch carefully& closely among the match, if
a,you& your opponent can pass and dribble freely and your opponent's striker often threatens your keeper by getting passes of opportunism(e.g. a long ball), that means you'd better increase your mentality(to give more pressure);
b,you are forced to be back to your opponent's goal and cannot turn around  most of the time, reduce your mentality;
c,you still can make your ball circulate though it seems that your opponent closes down you actively and nearly can get your ball, You Got It!!!

Change the mentality among the match if necessary.

4,Width& Defensive-line
Choose 105m×68m size for your home pitch.
My width& defensive-line settings are on the basis of common 105m×68m size, tweak them if necessary. in theory, if the pitch is much shorter/longer, drag back/push up your defensive-line a little bit; if it's much wider/narrower, reduce/increase your width a little bit.

here're are my personal conclusion which needs more tests:
a, if the pitch's width is from 68 to 64, don't change; if it's narrower than 64, add "1" to your tactic's width; if it's wider than 68, minus "1";
b, if the pitch's length is from 105 to 102, don't change; if it's shorter than 102, minus "1" to your tactic's length.

c,if the pitch's length is longer than 105, "plus 1" to your team's press?

5,Closing Down& Role
a,if your 2 centerbacks are facing more than 1 opponent's center striker, your centerbacks must close down much less; change your defensive midfielder to half-back and tick close down much less and shoot less often to help your centerbacks. if your Wingbacks are in the advanced positions at the same time, minus "1" to your tactic's width to keep it proper;
b,if your 2 centerbacks are facing a lone opponent's center striker without surpport from both L/RWinger and attacking midfielder position, your centerbacks must close down sometimes;
c,if your opponent has L/RMidfielder(not L/RWinger ) or lone L/RWingback, you should push up your Wingbacks to the advanced position to handle them. i guess they'd better close down sometimes at the same time, but i think it need more tests.

so(ignore the words on the pics):

1.thumb.png.482a6ddcbd9ac5e0ba0f15d3ee1a431d.png

don't press& mark the DM(Casemiro) in OI.

2.thumb.png.8bb4619be096042994bb5cee6956c081.png

a:make your CDs press much less; b: make your DM to HB, and press much less; c: push your WB to advanced positons, and press sometimes(?); d: minus "1" to your team width.

3.thumb.png.9f08dfd01f85fe72e189f91e2a85fc39.png

if Joaquin is not a shadow striker, don't change anything; if he's a SS, make your DM to HB, and press much less.

4.thumb.png.7f47c35c62d584a783cff48b7b0e82ec.png

a:push up your DM to CMd ,and shoot less often(so you'd better train this flat-CM433 if necessary); b: make your CMa press sometimes and APs press much less.

5.thumb.png.61e8e46c8fb0dd464bf32921db8de417.png

a:push your WB to advanced positons, and press  sometimes(?); b: make your CMa press sometimes and APs press much less.

6.thumb.png.046f430ac22b0cff8b82268d16f7c009.png

a:make your CDs press  sometimes; b:push your WB to advanced positons, and press  sometimes(?); c: don't press and mark the DM in OI.

8.thumb.png.2b78a89f489978c32ce6e766f548c95f.png

a:make your CDs press much less; b: make your DM to HB, and press much less; c: push your WB to advanced positons, and press sometimes(?);  d: make your CMa press sometimes and APs press much less; e: minus "1" to your team width.

9.thumb.png.a8dfe2eab25bd6838bb9bbc4e3267792.png

a:make your IFs press much less; b: don't press and mark the central CD.

6,OI
a,show onto left foot to opponent's RB/RWB/RCB; show onto right foot to opponent's LB/LWB/LCB;
b,tick never closing down to the faster L/Rmidfielder, L/RWinger;

7,Pass Into Space Or Not

in my control/attacking/overload mentality tatics, i tick the Pass into space which reduces 5-10% possession. however, it will be good to your attack coz you need to create space when you're facing a lower mentality opponent. anyway, you can test further for yourself but i believe you would agree with me.

8,Pre-match Focus

attacking movement at the most of the time& defending positioning when facing the huge names.

however, you can be more aggressive after you get enough wins coz even the huge names will fear you then.

9,Advoid Red Card& Waste Time& Overload mentality

tick Easy Off Tackles in his player instructions ASAP if he gets a yellow card ;

tick Retain Possession & untick Pass Into Space to rest if you think you have got a satisfying score in the last 5-10min.

10,Attribution& PPM

say NO to conflicting PPMs, for example: for Su duty, "come deep to get ball", but don't "go forward"; for At duty, vice versa.

SKd:some rushout& acceleration
PPM:play way out of trouble

CDd:enough acceleration and speed. Left foot for left CD(or enough left-foot ability), Right foot for right CD.
PPM:play way out of trouble

right WBa:acceleration, speed, off-ball, stamina, dribbling, crossing, flar... Right foot(some left foot ability).
PPM:go forward whenever possible, runs with the ball down the right flank, one-twos.

left WBa:acceleration, speed, off-ball, stamina, dribbling, crossing, flar... Left foot(some right foot ability).
PPM:go forward whenever possible, runs with the ball down the left flank, one-twos

DMd:some passing&heading
PPM:

right APs:just follow the game requirements. Right foot(enough left foot ability).
PPM:come deep to get ball, dictate tempo, one-twos.
say NO to conflicting PPMs, for example:go forward whenever possible

left CMa:off-ball, finishing, composure to score. the unpreferred foot should not be so weak.
PPM:go forward whenever possible, often dribble, one-twos.

say NO to conflicting PPMs, for example:  killer ball.

right IFs:don't ignore the team work. Left foot(some right foot ability).
PPM:come deep to get ball, cut inside, one-twos.
say NO to conflicting PPMs, for example: move into channels, anti-offside, go forward whenever possible, go to the opposition's area.

left IFs:don't ignore the team work. Right foot(some left foot ability).
PPM:come deep to get ball, cut inside, one-twos.
say NO to conflicting PPMs, for example: move into channels, anti-offside, go forward whenever possible, go to the opposition's area.

F9:just follow the game requirements, don't ignore the team work. Left foot(enough right foot ability).
Left foot is better in this tactic just like Messi, if you have a right foot F9, make sure his left foot ability is enough.
PPM:come deep to get ball, run with ball often, on-twos, killer ball, dictate tempo.
say NO to conflicting PPMs, for example: anti-offside, go forward whenever possible, go to the opposition's area.

thank you!

433balanced.fmf

433counter.fmf

433control.fmf

433attack.fmf

433overload.fmf

HOME - AWAY    ---  ??????  WHİCH SHOULD I USE ?????

433balanced.fmf

433counter.fmf

433control.fmf

433attack.fmf

433overload.fmf