Sports Interactive Community
chrvasile

Can I get rid of tactical briefings?

Is there a way to NOT have tactical briefings appear in my inbox? I never use them and they start to irritate me. Can I opt out somehow?

I think you can turn them off in the staff responsibilities screen, go to Personal Assistant and I think its the top one, turn it to never

8 hours ago, bazdev said:

I think you can turn them off in the staff responsibilities screen, go to Personal Assistant and I think its the top one, turn it to never

If that doesn’t work....you can just let your assistant do them, that’s what I’ve done but I’ll use the info above see if you can just get rid of them. 

You can't get rid of them, they still appear. I'd let the assistant do them, but I don't want him to do/say something stupid in those...

I see it as a useless feature and was wondering if it's possible to get rid of it altogether.

Edited by chrvasile

8 minutes ago, chrvasile said:

You can't get rid of them, they still appear. I'd let the assistant do them, but I don't want him to do/say something stupid in those...

I see it as a useless feature and was wondering if it's possible to get rid of it altogether.

5 minutes ago, Bob Sardinia said:

I'm also in the let the assistant do them camp. The screen made no sense to me the first time I tried it and seemed to be more of a hassle than it's worth

I also find it a pointless addition, but I think if you get an assistant/coach with good mental, tac knowledge and motivating stats the talks should be fine. 

19 minutes ago, chrvasile said:

But if it's a 'useless feature' what does it matter what your assistant manager says? 

Another thing for me to immediately turn off (asigning to the assistant) at the start of a new game.

Edited by Robioto

The team seem permanently distracted, and unless you tell them you're going to play Attacking, every briefing point is met with disinterest. It stinks of something there for people to think they've added a new feature, but like a lot of the buttons, does nothing.

As @SpikeHughes said, make sure you've got a tactically competent AM, because some of their comments may slightly alter your existing 'opposition instructions'. (close down, weaker foot, etc)