The Official Chelsea Premiership Champions Thread 2005/06

JoeyM

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyM:

Why would it make you feel better FM addick? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, we were in for him and him virtually signed last season, so was very annoyed he didn't sign last season

Thought we had a chance to get him this season, but as it became clear we wouldn't and he was going to Madrid it was a little frustrating

But £5m is alot really, I don't think we'd pay that much currently, I thought he'd be going for around £2-3m TBH

Especially for the Father:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Kezman's parting shot at Chelsea

Wednesday June 29 2005

Mateja Kezman on Wednesday vented his frustration at a lack of opportunities with Chelsea after sealing a £5.3million move to Atletico Madrid.

The 26-year-old striker had a disappointing season at Stamford Bridge, scoring just four goals in 25 league appearances, and upon arriving at his new club, he was quick to point the finger at the English champions.

"I'm happy to have come to a club that was once bigger than Chelsea and that will be bigger than them again in the future," he said. "It's a pity for Chelsea that I didn't get the chance to play and that's why I decided to move."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That doesn't mean Jose didn't want him to leave tbh.

This part of the quote suggests Senegal is equally right:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's a pity for Chelsea that I didn't get the chance to play </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JoeyM: Would you concede that the following scenario is possible:

MK: Gaffer, will I get to play more next season?

JM: I'm looking for a top european striker like Shevchenko

MK: That's likely to mean I'll play less games won't it?

JM: Yep

MK: I think it would be best for me if I left.

JM: I won't stop you.

The decision to leave here has been prompted by what the manager has/hasn't said. The final decision is the players.

No - Father said that Mourinho didn't rate him.

Being 2nd choice to Drogba doesn't mean you're not rated.

He further went on to claim that Kezman going to Atletico means that he would be proved right about the Kez not being rated.

In fact, Kezman leaving doesn't change any of the facts that we knew throughout the season, which were that Kez was not Jose's first choice.

The above quote does however point towards the main reason that he left was that he wanted to go - not because Jose wanted him out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

The decision to leave here has been prompted by what the manager has/hasn't said. The final decision is the players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im not contesting that at all. The maiun thing I'm contesting is the following post by Father:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

My posts about Kezman have been sensible all along, and are about to be proved correct

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever Jose thought about Kezman has neither been confirmed nor denied by the fact that he has left.

It's still more likely that Jose did rate Kezman, but just not higher than EG and DD, than the other scenario that for no apparent reason he bought Kez for £5m and decided that he suddenly didn't rate him - observe that Kezman was not 1st choice from day 1.

For those of you who require a souvenier of the CL 04/05 Season;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Liverpool FC: The Road To Istanbul (2 Discs)

special features | review | technical details | email a friend « Back

our price: £14.99 Delivered

availability: Due for release on 18/07/2005

RRP: £19.99 You save: £5.00 (25%)

R2 - Will only play on European Region 2 or multi-region DVD players.

Review

This Special Edition 2 Disc Set commemorates Liverpool's historic 2005 Champions' League triumph.

Disc 1 - The Champions League Final:

A. C.Milan vs Liverpool, two bastions of European football. Before the match Liverpool, again, were the underdogs. This however was a tag that they had lived with and triumphed from before, so Rafael Benitez's men held no fear of their Italian counterparts. At half time though these dreams seemed to be shattered as Liverpool were simply outclassed in 45 minutes of exceptional football from Milan. Starring down the barrel at 3-0 down humiliation beckoned, 4-0,5-0,6-0?! The way the first half went these were more than witty rouses from non Liverpool supporters.

What was to happen now though, couldn't have been written to be any more dramatic. Liverpool clawed back the 3-0 deficit and took Milan in to extra time. With penalties looming Jerzy Dudek pulled off possibly the greatest double save of all time to keep his side in it, taking the game in to its denouement. Dudek again would be the hero as his penalty saves handed Liverpool the European Cup for the fifth time; meaning that this time it was their's for keeps.

Re-live the whole game, extra time, the penalties and the after match celebrations on this fantastic commerative DVD.

Disc 2 - The Road To Istanbul:

Starting right from the beginning and Liverpool's 2-0 defeat over GAK in the qualifiers, we bring you highlights and the goals from every game along the road to Istanbul. At 1-0 down at half time to Olympiacos in the final group game Liverpool looked dead and buried. They needed to score 3 second half goals to progress to the knockout stages; a feat - which considering Liverpool had only managed a total of 3 goals in their previous group games - seemed more than unlikely. However, lead by the ever inspirational Steven Gerrard, Liverpool did exactly that and progressed to the knockout stages where Europe's elite were waiting for them.

In the following months what was to happen was a journey of courage, determination and self belief. Over coming and tactically out thinking the likes of Juventus and Chelsea Liverpool would find themselves - against all expectations - back where they belonged: in the Champions League Final.

Technical Details

Actors Liverpool F.C ; A.C Milan

Certificate Exempt from Classification

Languages English

Duration 4 hours (approx)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iNFERNaL:

so this leaves Chelsea with Eidur & Didier upfront only hem?

uh oh.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At the moment yeah.

I'm not worried though since we're bound to bring in someone.

There's still a couple of weeks before our friendlies start - and I would imagine Jose would want the new guys to be there for the USA tour - so within 3 weeks we'll see...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

holy f*cking christ, please rot off andy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Liverpool fans really are the worst aren't they? It's why I couldn't bring myself to support them in the CL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Retro:

What's the transfer kitty this season? Six or Seven billion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif Depends how much he many assets he needs to get out of Russia!

Chelsea don't reveal any of thier finances for obvious reasons, be it transfers in or out - they're usually either exposed by the media or the other club.

The same goes for projected transfer budget - although I would imagine it to be a great deal less thatn the £100m over the last 2 years, probably something more like £30-40m.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Retro:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

Liverpool fans really are the worst aren't they? It's why I couldn't bring myself to support them in the CL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well i dislike Milan as well so it was pretty much a no win situation for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">£100m over the last 2 years, probably something more like £30-40m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£100m? More like £200m+

Liverpool fans really are the worst aren't they? It's why I couldn't bring myself to support them in the CL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like we gave a f*ck tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

Like we gave a f*ck tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well clearly you do or you wouldn't be spamming the chelsea and manu threads.

Well wicom, I think it's insecurity borne out of the fact that he probably started supporting Liverpool because they were good... only to discover they were on the verge of becoming **** for over a decade and a half.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

Like we gave a f*ck tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well clearly you do or you wouldn't be spamming the chelsea and manu threads. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, thats especially why i posted in the threads;

a) because the mancs are the sworn enemy

b) because we beat Chelsea to the trophy.

Well wicom, I think it's insecurity borne out of the fact that he probably started supporting Liverpool because they were good... only to discover they were on the verge of becoming **** for over a decade and a half. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

50 years to the win the leaugue, shhhhhhhh. icon_biggrin.gif

He's an Arsenal fan mate - well done.

And even if he was a Chelsea fan - Arsenal, United, Chelsea, Blackburn and Leeds have all won the title more recently than you, so I'd just keep to gloating about Europe if I were you.

No, thats especially why i posted in the threads;

a) because the mancs are the sworn enemy

b) because we beat Chelsea to the trophy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so you do give a f*ck.

and what retro tbh.

The thing is, so far - the Arsenal and Man Utd fans can come in this thread, and apart from some light banter (which is good), generally get on ok.

There's nothing wrong with celebrating your club's success... but gloating just makes you come across as a shallow, glory-hunting tw@t.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyM:

Especially for the Father:

Kezman's parting shot at Chelsea

Wednesday June 29 2005

Mateja Kezman on Wednesday vented his frustration at a lack of opportunities with Chelsea after sealing a £5.3million move to Atletico Madrid.

The 26-year-old striker had a disappointing season at Stamford Bridge, scoring just four goals in 25 league appearances, and upon arriving at his new club, he was quick to point the finger at the English champions.

"I'm happy to have come to a club that was once bigger than Chelsea and that will be bigger than them again in the future," he said. "It's a pity for Chelsea that I didn't get the chance to play and that's why I decided to move."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well hes hardly going to say, 'well tbh the boss thought I was **** so I knew it was time to move on' is he.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

The decision to leave here has been prompted by what the manager has/hasn't said. The final decision is the players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im not contesting that at all. The maiun thing I'm contesting is the following post by Father:

My posts about Kezman have been sensible all along, and are about to be proved correct

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever Jose thought about Kezman has neither been confirmed nor denied by the fact that he has left.

It's still more likely that Jose did rate Kezman, but just not higher than EG and DD, than the other scenario that for no apparent reason he bought Kez for £5m and decided that he suddenly didn't rate him - observe that Kezman was not 1st choice from day 1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So my prediction that he would be off in the summer isnt correct then?

He further went on to claim that Kezman going to Atletico means that he would be proved right about the Kez not being rated.

In fact, Kezman leaving doesn't change any of the facts that we knew throughout the season, which were that Kez was not Jose's first choice.

The above quote does however point towards the main reason that he left was that he wanted to go - not because Jose wanted him out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So why didnt he play more when Drogba was injured last season then?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's not something to be proud of icon_eek.gif

That was hardly your point ever.

Your point has always been that he's sh*t as proved by the fact that Jose doesn't rate him.

I always took the side that what we saw about his lack of opportunities was not to do with Jose not rating him, but more to do with the fact that he rated others higher.

Him now leaving doesn't at all confirm what you said about him being sh*t, or Jose not rating him.

Therefore when you said "I'm about to be proved right", you were wrong, as you weren't about to be proved right.

If in fact you came in to say "I'm about to be proved right about the fact that he's leaving this summer " , then have a medal son - because you really predicted something big there.

That was hardly your point ever.

Your point has always been that he's sh*t as proved by the fact that Jose doesn't rate him.

I always took the side that what we saw about his lack of opportunities was not to do with Jose not rating him, but more to do with the fact that he rated others higher.

Him now leaving doesn't at all confirm what you said about him being sh*t, or Jose not rating him.

Therefore when you said "I'm about to be proved right", you were wrong, as you weren't about to be proved right.

If in fact you came in to say "I'm about to be proved right about the fact that he's leaving this summer " , then have a medal son - because you really predicted something big there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said he was **** tbh.

I said Mourinho didnt rate him, which given all the facts is pretty obvious.

I also remember lots of people countering my 'he'll be gone next season' with 'he'll score bucketloads for Chelsea next season'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

If Joey would just accept it I would shut up icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't see that happening, on both scores! icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

The above quote does however point towards the main reason that he left was that he wanted to go - not because Jose wanted him out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So why didnt he play more when Drogba was injured last season then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He did play several games in Drogba's absence, but it was mainly his change from 4-4-2 diamond to 4-5-1/4-3-3 that meant that Kezman became less of an automatic choice in those cases.

If you look at the Barca home game and the Scunthorpe FA Cup game, in both those matches we reverted to a 4-4-2 and Kezman was heavily involved.

He was a tactical option for JM, in addition to a back-up to DD.

He was also on occassion injured at similar times to Drogba.

I've repeated myself a hundred times about why tehre's not all that much evidence pointing to jose thinking the Kez was sh*t, but you're not having it - so we'll drop it.

About him leaving this summer - I foresaw that one as well, since in recent months Kezman wasn't half mouthing off about his lack of opportunities - I'm not sure who was furiously denying his departure, but if that's who your original statement was aimed at then I guess we'll drop this point as well.

See, I can be not-all-that-stubborn-all-the-time icon_smile.gif

My Kezman say:

I would of liked him to stay another season, giving him another chance.

Jose didnt rate him i dont think, maybe was a cheap purchase that didnt pay off. Spectactular scoring ration, (better than RVN in Holland, well known) and just equally as spectactular, just didnt cut it over here. A good striker will score goals when he plays, whichever league he's in. He didnt play games simply because Jose didnt think he could score us the goals to win the game. Simple.

He came.

He flopped.

He went.

So Mourinho actually changed his entire formation so that he didnt have to play Kezman? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif you're doing this on purpose aren't you? Isn't trolling frowned upon in the world of OTF?

Mourinho changed formation since he felt it would win him more matches! But you knew that right?

Moanrinho clearly doesn't rate him or he would be getting a second season to prove himself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wicom - he left because he wasn't getting the opportunities he wanted. Mourinho - as far as we know - was quite happy to keep him on as a back-up.

Mourinho - as far as we know - was quite happy to keep him on as a back-up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so he doesn't rate him as a frontline striker and only considers him only good enough to play back up.

Archived