Club Profile & Player Profile help?

Carlito85

I downloaded the FLUT Dark skin for FM'18 but I'm having a few problems I was hoping I could get some help with:

- The club profile displays a city pic in the top left corner, but it's identical to the club background. I was hoping to display alternate pics in the city pics panel, like I was able to do with the Vitrex skin last year

- The player picture panel is supposed to display the club's stadium behind the player (I'm using cutout pics), but instead I'm getting the league background

- In the player profile, in between the player photo and the image showing the back of the shirt, the front of the shirt should be in place. I was unable to extract that though so I was wondering if I could add my own since I use fantasy kits anyway?

Added some pics to show where the issues are. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm really not very good in the skinning department.

FLUT Help 1.png

FLUT Help 2.png

1 minute ago, wkdsoul said:

Flut and Vitrex both use the same code for the city/front of shirt, its either/or not both without changing the configs i would think 

I think I kinda stumbled on the alternate city pics accidentally last year. The Vitrex skin had its own city pics folder and it was simply a case of adding new images, which appeared separately as shown.

The strange thing with the FLUT skin is that I tried the same thing, and the alternate city pic does show up on the skin, just not in the right place as you can see in the Liverpool club profile pic. Oddly, the city pic will also show up where the front of the shirt should be in the player profile, yet if I try to add club shirts in the same directory, they don't show up.

NUFC - FM17 Skin.png

Its usually be a clash, between the code the have used and the mettalic logos if you have those.  The city pics, shirt fronts, & flags, use the same code in different skins depending on the maker.

Shirt fronts (Flut) & Mettalic Logos (Sortitousi) & City Pics (Vitrex), all use the Left Side Background logo code for different images

Flut & Vitrex both use different images for the flag, Vitrex uses the big map above, and flut uses the one top centre in the first post.   Some of the logo packs use this as the country large flag image. 

20 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Its usually be a clash, between the code the have used and the mettalic logos if you have those.  The city pics, shirt fronts, & flags, use the same code in different skins depending on the maker.

Shirt fronts (Flut) & Mettalic Logos (Sortitousi) & City Pics (Vitrex), all use the Left Side Background logo code for different images

Flut & Vitrex both use different images for the flag, Vitrex uses the big map above, and flut uses the one top centre in the first post.   Some of the logo packs use this as the country large flag image. 

I did notice that the Vitrex city pics use the /left extension in the xml, whereas the background images don't. Would it work if I were to remove the /left from the alternates?

4 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Vitrex uses that code variation to ensure the City pics don't appear as a background on certain screens too. 

So there's no way I could display one as the background and one as the city pic, even if one folder is in the skin directory while the other is in graphics directory?

Also, how would I go about fixing the shirt and stadium issues in the player profile?

Here's how the profile should look in the FLUT skin

flutskin-2d-kits-fm17.png

3 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Surely that's too obvious... 

I was tempted is very simple, but i dont mind the city pic as a club background. got all the ss fronts in my left side code though... bout 7000 kits

20 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

I was tempted is very simple, but i dont mind the city pic as a club background. got all the ss fronts in my left side code though... bout 7000 kits

I used it very briefly in one of my skins last year I think

4 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

I thought about it but then immediately dismissed it, thinking someone would have already have thought of it...

Had a quick test changing the ID on the club overview and it works (conflicting ID is the issue I believe?) so that's positive(?) I changed the graphic directory in the panel (for fun) and it still works, positive again(?) (and surprising because as you allude to the directory coding points to left in the config.) Maybe the property ID is still pulling the correct info., that can be the only other potential stumbling block I can see though, don't know if there's a conflict there without seeing what Flut's coding looks like.

Looking a good call so far, can't/don't want to see it all the way through though, major effort for completed panels.  

Nice, i didn't try it just assumed they would have thought of it first.. lol.  No idea which is which in my pack anymore, apart from the kits front.  The city pic is my club background, and the stadium pic is stadium background maybe... 

5a15fe14a5d37_FranckKessi_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.b47355b28a18dbfc744296f1a6c91527.png

You get the gunzo stat panel on the right working? 

Thanks for the response, gents. Appreciate you both trying to help.

Just an update, I got the kit fronts to show up in the player profile so that one is solved. However the city pics in the club overview, and the stadium background in the player overview are 2 things I'm still struggling with.

I also got in touch with Flut on FM Scout but even though I've tried every single location, both in the skin graphics and the standard graphics directories, I can't get the stadiums to show up in the player overview. It keeps displaying the league background. I tried removing the league backgrounds temporarily and that didn't make a difference (I just got the default background instead). Could this be a coding issue in the stadium config or is it just me putting the folder in the wrong place?

4 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Tried the mini stadium pic info instead? should be in the club overview stadium panel?

What  would I need to look for? I can see Club Overview Stadium 5/6/9/10/11, but I'd imagine if they're to do with club overview they wouldn't link to the player one?

The stadiums show up fine in the club section for what it's worth, just not in the player section.

-<widget class="stadium_picture" keep_aspect_ratio="true" scale_picture="true" image_alignment="centre" id="STAp">

-<record id="object_property">

<integer id="get_property" value="objt"/>

<integer id="set_property" value="objt"/>

</record>

</widget>

or something similar

9 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Yeah innit :lol: 

Nice work, that profile's coming along well. No not got around to gunzo's yet.

I'm 99% sure it's conflicting IDs without even seeing what Flut has fully done. You seem to want a lot of different things and I can't imagine they all use different IDs. Not at all surprised by the city pic problem if the kit's showing as they are known to use the same ID and is what is discussed in more detail above.

I have no idea what's going on with the titlebar but again it seems to be a conflicting code. 

Yeah the titlebar was a strange one. Basically before I put the city pic there I had that faded background emblem for each club (both on the title bar and where the shirt front should be in the player profile - the shirt front is designed to also appear on the title bar).

Flut's skin is supposed to show the stadium behind the player photo, and I've seen that other people who downloaded it have the stadium image working. Flut told me to put the stadium folder in Football Manager 2018/graphics/logos but that never worked

Yacine_Brahimi_Geral_Perfil.png

I think you may be right on conflicting ID's though, as I've just noticed the player background also has the stadium.

So I've pretty much gave up on the stadium backgrounds for players, and I'm set on running with league backgrounds. There are a couple of other bits and pieces that I'm having trouble with in the club profile though that I was hoping I could get some help with?

QqhXNd5.png

- EDIT: Found the flag issue. It was all part of the map image
- I also can't find the right file to re-position the details in front of the stadium pic in the club profile

@wkdsoul
@D_LO_

Hard at work on this last night and I managed to fix everything. I even managed to get the alternate city pic to show up on the club overview

xHZx43K.png

The only problem I'm having now is that I can't get the city image to stretch to the edges of the panel. Is there a line of code I can/should add that would let me resize or stretch the image to fill the box like the stadium one?

Anyone out there that can help with this?

This is the code I had to alter to get the new city pic different to the club background (club overview panel.xml)

<container >
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" scale_picture="true" apply_to_children="true" />
<widget class="background" file="backgrounds" id="bgnd">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="0" />
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" />
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" offset="0" gap="0" />
<record id="object_property">
<integer id="get_property" value="bgnd" />
<integer id="set_property" value="file" />
</record>
</widget>
</container>

__________________________________________________________________________________

This is what I changed it to after sampling the Vitrex skin

<container >
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" scale_picture="true" apply_to_children="true" />
    <widget class="picture" file="pictures/logos/background/default/left" id="lftB">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" inset="25" />
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="70" />
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" offset="10" gap="0" />
<integer id="get_property" value="mbpc" />
<integer id="set_property" value="file" />
</record>
</widget>        
        </container>

The top/horizontal/left insets I've changed in order to center the image in the box instead of it displaying in the top left corner. Nothing happened when I tried changing the "all" inset, or the "left" gap. I'm trying to get the city pic to fill the box but have no idea what I need to do.

You can try adding a keep_aspect_ratio="false" bit or you can try moving the scale_picture bit to the widget instead of the layout, their is also a height="X" and width="X" command you can add or have a look at the coding from the stadium panel and see what that is using. Also if its using a custom box graphic check the paper.xml file with the graphics to make sure there hasn't been any weird text insets included.

2 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You can try adding a keep_aspect_ratio="false" bit or you can try moving the scale_picture bit to the widget instead of the layout, their is also a height="X" and width="X" command you can add or have a look at the coding from the stadium panel and see what that is using. Also if its using a custom box graphic check the paper.xml file with the graphics to make sure there hasn't been any weird text insets included.

Thanks for the reply Michael.

I found the following code in the club overview stadium9.xml panel (referenced in the club overview panel.xml file for stadium code), which impacts the width of the stadium image. However I have no idea how to convert this to a city pic with the classes, values and ID's:

<widget class="stadium_picture" id="STAp" image_alignment="centre">
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="-19" />
            <integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
            <integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
        </record>
    </widget>

I did a copy and paste into the club overview and managed to get the stadium image appearing in both the left and right boxes (fully stretched to the edges), though when I changed the widget class to "picture" and the ID to "CIp", the city pic went back to being centered.

• 8 months later...

I use DF11 player profile panel(s) in my skin and we would like to add a player signature under the player picture same as we had it in the different skin but it was aligned wrong when I tried it.

Can someone help me where to add the code?

thank you

405889574_staensoubor.thumb.jpg.da96dad15a86498baaa332c1e2944a45.jpg

1749035328_withsignature.thumb.png.a274a2c9b5d04e307137f49ef219b048.png

Archived