The Football's Kingdom - The Training Way

I've noticed that when you want a player to start training a certain trait but you coach says he will not be able to fulfill it, that player actually fails to learn the trait! Is this true somehow?

For example: I want this player to learn to place his shots because I've noticed that he has the lowest clear cut chances conversion in my team.

My coach said he won't be able to do it but based on your reply at your blog (to look at the average attribute ratings at the league and then decide if he can learn the trait) I started him anyway! He needs finishing, composure, anticipation and technique. His rating are finishing 9 (league average 5), composure 8 (l.a. 6), anticipation 5 (l.a. 6) and technique 7 (l.a. 6).

Will he learn it or not?

McClements.png

19 minutes ago, vkastanas said:

I've noticed that when you want a player to start training a certain trait but you coach says he will not be able to fulfill it, that player actually fails to learn the trait! Is this true somehow?

For example: I want this player to learn to place his shots because I've noticed that he has the lowest clear cut chances conversion in my team.

My coach said he won't be able to do it but based on your reply at your blog (to look at the average attribute ratings at the league and then decide if he can learn the trait) I started him anyway! He needs finishing, composure, anticipation and technique. His rating are finishing 9 (league average 5), composure 8 (l.a. 6), anticipation 5 (l.a. 6) and technique 7 (l.a. 6).

Will he learn it or not?

McClements.png

I don't know but hope and pray he does! If that doesn't work out, use another coach to learn the PPM. Or opt for "Refrains from taking long shots" PPM

1 hour ago, Jean0987654321 said:

use another coach

Does this actually work? 

Cause by 

hope and pray

I don't think I can play the way I want!

Also he plays as an MR and doesn't take long shots often! No need to 

Refrains from taking long shots

Thanks for the feedback though!

1 hour ago, vkastanas said:

Will he learn it or not?

McClements.png

There are never any guarantees that a player will learn a new Trait.  They can however be more or less likely to depending on a number of factors, including how suitable a player may be for the new Trait and how compatible the Coach you are asking to do the learning may be.

For example, ask your defensive coach to teach a central defender with low dribbling skills to run with ball often and it probably won't end well.  But ask a Ball Control coach to teach the same Trait to a winger with good dribbling skills and he'll be more likely to learn it.

Your coaches can give some good advice in this particular area but of course you are the manager so it's up to you whether you want to ignore it or not.

What determines

44 minutes ago, herne79 said:

how suitable a player may be

Also, if learning a trait is so much 

46 minutes ago, herne79 said:

compatible the Coach

maybe this good man Cleon could make an identical topic with the attributes coaches should have to train certain traits. Just saying...:)

What determines

Also, if learning a trait is so much 

maybe this good man Cleon could make an identical topic with the attributes coaches should have to train certain traits. Just saying...:)

What determines how suitable a player may be for certain Traits?  Primarily his attributes and position.  eg., kinda pointless asking someone to run with the ball often if he can't dribble and is a defensive midfielder.

I'd also suggest that determining which coach should train which Trait is more down to common sense and logic.  Ask your Defensive coach to train defensive Traits.  Ask your Ball Control coach to train Traits related to ball control.  Attacking coaches to train attack minded Traits.  And so on :thup:.

I believe @Cleonsaid that Determination plays a key role how successful learning will be. I try to choose a technical coach for technical PPMs, attacking coach for attacking PPMs, etc. But maybe only in mind it makes a difference. It makes sense to me nevertheless. 

Excellent post as per usually Sir.

Question for you. Intensity Level for team training is best to keep it low to allow more time spent on individual training? or is it the higher the better as in the view the more training the better a player would become? 

19 hours ago, herne79 said:

What determines how suitable a player may be for certain Traits?  Primarily his attributes and position.  eg., kinda pointless asking someone to run with the ball often if he can't dribble and is a defensive midfielder.

I'd also suggest that determining which coach should train which Trait is more down to common sense and logic.  Ask your Defensive coach to train defensive Traits.  Ask your Ball Control coach to train Traits related to ball control.  Attacking coaches to train attack minded Traits.  And so on :thup:.

I understand all these! I use common sense as well. In the example of my player above I used Cleon's guide for attributes needed, I asked my attacking coach to train him but still coach said he won't manage! Now after a month in game time he still is "just recently begun working developing a new trait" which is probably bad.... It is a whole month! I am pretty sure he will fail! I will inform you all and then we can discuss why he failed! :cool:

Now after a month in game time he still is "just recently begun working developing a new trait" which is probably bad.... It is a whole month! I am pretty sure he will fail!

Teaching Traits can take months and months to learn, and the longer it goes on the more likely it becomes to succeed (although still not guaranteed).

12 hours ago, bdixon said:

Excellent post as per usually Sir.

Question for you. Intensity Level for team training is best to keep it low to allow more time spent on individual training? or is it the higher the better as in the view the more training the better a player would become? 

We get so many threads in the General forum berating SI for the high number of injuries incurred. In almost every case I suspect the FMer has been over-training their players, particularly on fitness regimes. I used to be guilty of this but since I kept general training on average/low and ceased fitness training in order to focus on heavy individual training regimes, my injury rates have consistently remained well below average.

13 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

We get so many threads in the General forum berating SI for the high number of injuries incurred. In almost every case I suspect the FMer has been over-training their players, particularly on fitness regimes. I used to be guilty of this but since I kept general training on average/low and ceased fitness training in order to focus on heavy individual training regimes, my injury rates have consistently remained well below average.

Probably also worth mentioning you tend to start off playing in the lower leagues with poor facilities and coaching staff, so to get such injury rates there is particularly of note :thup:.

4 hours ago, herne79 said:

Probably also worth mentioning you tend to start off playing in the lower leagues with poor facilities and coaching staff, so to get such injury rates there is particularly of note :thup:.

I suppose you might expect, in line with bdixon's question, that by having training regimes that are less than optimised, the progress of the players would be very slow, but that's not the case, because every player in my squad (bar the back-up keepers) get plenty gametime. I try to make sure the weakest squad members get at least 10 competitive games per season, and that ensures a decent increase in attributes.

Archived