Sports Interactive Community
Ross Ingersoll

FM 18 Tycoon thread

3 hours ago, BartleyGreenBaggie said:

Keep up the good work Ross - looking forward to seeing what other tycoons pop up.

if you have any requests let me know. have some time this week to mess around with it. I'm currently trying to get some Italian teams done. if you do, let me know what leagues you want loaded, db size or even some custom db. 

Edited by Ross Ingersoll

2 hours ago, Ross Ingersoll said:

Give me one or two clubs and will give it a go.  

I would love to see Tottenham and then FC United

21 minutes ago, DavePott said:

Lower league in England would be great 👍

if I can do FC United of Manchester, doesn't get much lower lol. might take me a while for that because for whatever reason I always have a hard time with the lower leagues and tycoons

Edited by Ross Ingersoll

I have  one for KV Kortrijk in Belgium - this is FMT 2018, got a about 12 leagues loaded.  You'll need to retire my manager, the tycoon has been there less than a month and the transfer window has just opened.  Will upload tomorrow.

Edited by Geordieboy52

btw if you don't mind a clubs current owner being the tycoon there is a easier way, This is from the mod Kubi.....  I prefer game made tycoons myself but this is a good way

It's possible to add a tycoon before you start a saved game by editing the sugardaddy.edt file. (With notepad)

Sugar Daddy parameters:

#  "SUGAR_DADDY" "Sugar Daddy Type" "Club Name" "Alter Starting Finances Flag"

#  e.g "SUGAR_DADDY" "FRONT_END" "Charlton Athletic" "1"

#  "Sugar Daddy Type":

#  FRONT_END - They throw money at the club to spend.

#  BACK_END - They spend enough to make them a force in their current league but if they go up a level or two it would no longer apply.

#  UNDERWRITER - They don't give the manager any extra transfer budget but come the end of the season they will always cover any loss the club is making and not expect the money back.

#  "Alter Starting Finances": 

#  1 = true, 0 = false.

#  Allow the sugar daddy to alter starting club budgets or use db values.

Just now, Ross Ingersoll said:

I bumped a fm16 thread to show how I make the tycoons of you want to look and try yourself

Edited by Ross Ingersoll

14 minutes ago, DavePott said:

Same as you, prefere a ingame one. Can i request no attibute masking? The Falkirk one has it and it kinda ruins it for me!

sure, what team  you want or league?

Maybe league 2 or below. Really dont mind as you are putting the work in! Maybe Wycombe?

Edited by DavePott

1 hour ago, Ross Ingersoll said:

will give it a try later. its 245 am here lol. off to bed

Haha no worries! Only when you get a spare min!

In case no-one reads that FM16 thread, I will add a quick thing that I suggested (and perhaps uploaded) onto that thread.  I created a really simple db, where all chairmen were looking to leave the club they were at, at game start.  To do this I simply went through and altered their board and fan support to 1.  If you reduce to 0, it becomes random.  I did this to every club in every major league that I played in (about 12 countries in total) and the results were fun to watch.  I remember Boreham Wood becoming a world force in about 7 seasons! And Liverpool being asset stripped and being in League 2 by 2020!

Edited by Geordieboy52

also if you make a tycoon the way kubi said to, make sure you edit the owner of the club. at the very least make his resource rating a 20. 

9 hours ago, Ross Ingersoll said:

cant seem to quote that other thread over here

Edited by Ross Ingersoll

once a year I make a special save just for the fun of it, decided to post it this time. what I did was take FC Halifax, replace them with huddersfield in the EPL. then I released all the players and coaches and started from scratch. gave the club a 363 million transfer budget and a 153 mill payroll budget. I start the game in brazils start time so its nov of 2016. you don't start playing league games until aug or so of 2017 so gives you plenty of time to build a team. just something I do for the fun of it to see what type of team I can build. btw, I also set them to have a 6200 rep level, which is what brighton has. 

U4kL_HcsQEGywrqEMDoeww.png 3c55g09cQPqGPJpLwIEwNw.png Click Me if you want to try

Ross when I load Fiorentina I get Parma, Spurs I get FCUnited and Huddersfield I get Girona.  Am I doing something wrong?

38 minutes ago, wetfred said:

Ross when I load Fiorentina I get Parma, Spurs I get FCUnited and Huddersfield I get Girona.  Am I doing something wrong?

You just have to add a coach for the team you want. And retire his “test” coach

1 minute ago, Dwells2015 said:

You just have to add a coach for the team you want. And retire his “test” coach

Thanks.

ohh sorry, I find that if you sim with a human coach , tycoons tend to take over more often, just retire all my old managers like dwells said.

1 hour ago, Armistice said:

Any chance for Blackburn?

I will add it to the list but doubt its today, its Thanksgiving here

37 minutes ago, Ross Ingersoll said:

I will add it to the list but doubt its today, its Thanksgiving here

Yeah no problem, take your time.

been trying parma, it is proving difficult but will keep trying. as far as Valencia, will give it a try and ty for thanksgiving wishes. it went well.